Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hidden Updates

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Cowman_133
[ Display Name History ]

Cowman_133

Unretired Administrator

• Administrators
  • 6,387 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Cowman_133
Welcome to the Hidden Updates Sticky

PLEASE DO NOT POST UPDATES FROM PATCH NOTES

Post any hidden updates you find in the game. Hidden Updates are updates that are not announced on http://www.runescape.com in news posts, forum announcements or Patch Notes on the RuneScape Official Forums in the Recent Updates forum. This includes mentions in the 'In Other News' sections of the newspost. The posts here will be cleaned out regularly and listed on the first post so that it's easier to see what everyone has found. Don't worry if someone posts something that's been mentioned before or that isn't new. Those will be cleaned out when the sticky is updated and they won't be a problem. So tell us about the new things you find and most importantly remember to have fun. Please DO NOT post the following things:
  • Additions or modifications to the game's censor
  • Bugs or glitches, including those that have been fixed

Also please DO NOT engage in off-topic, unnecessary discussions/flame wars/etc.

When the sticky is cleaned all relevant updates will be placed in the following post. They are grouped according to the date that the sticky was cleaned not the date they were released in game. It's not practical for us to personally verify each and every one listed below but we've done our best to make sure they are correct. If you feel an update listed is not correct, please tell us by posting here.

If you have any questions or concerns with this topic, please private message Cowman_133.

Note: Please only report posts in this topic that violate Jagex or Tip.It rules. Reports for old updates are not needed and will be closed.

A big thanks to Cowman_133, Dork, and tripsis for their work in cleaning up and organizing the sticky. =D>

Special Thanks to Ddraiggoch06, Gandorf61, Kimberly, Quikdrawjoe, Shelby_Polo, Vulxai, Wachtwoord and Warriormonkx. :thumbup:

Cowman_133
[ Display Name History ]

Cowman_133

Unretired Administrator

• Administrators
  • 6,387 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Cowman_133
Update List:

Edited by Gandorf61, 15 October 2011 - 05:34 AM.
Added September

aspeeder
[ Display Name History ]

aspeeder

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,083 posts
Looks like the animation has changed for catching monkfish, that or it's just a glitch.

Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
The official RuneScape launcher has been upgraded to its 1.1 version. I presume this is to facilitate Jagex's planned crackdown on people using old versions of Java, since I'm not noticing any difference otherwise.

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,800 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

The official RuneScape launcher has been upgraded to its 1.1 version. I presume this is to facilitate Jagex's planned crackdown on people using old versions of Java, since I'm not noticing any difference otherwise.

What is the RS launcher? The client?

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RSN:Rainy

What is the RS launcher? The client?

Yeah.

Piu
[ Display Name History ]

Piu

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • RSN:Piu
  • Clan:EoE
Right click report added.

Not mentioned in patch notes iirc.
Posted Image
Posted Image

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,800 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

Right click report added.

Not mentioned in patch notes iirc.

It was mentioned in the newspost:
http://services.rune...er-and-more-fun

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
Dominion Tower can be seen poking through the clouds from clan citadels, also in conjunction with this the clan citadel sky view seems to of been updated so you can make out the rough shapes and colours of the land mass below opposed to just pure cloud

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Mirror
[ Display Name History ]

Mirror

Use Herring -> Tree

• Members
  • 7,247 posts
  • RSN:Mirrorforced
I believe this is recent, but the first option on a right click of a pineapple is now Use instead of Eat. Makes it easier making super compost for me now.
A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

Posted Image

Askthedude
[ Display Name History ]

Askthedude

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Ask The Dude

I believe this is recent, but the first option on a right click of a pineapple is now Use instead of Eat. Makes it easier making super compost for me now.

Been like that for atleast a couple of months now.
Posted Image

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Neohero1972
[ Display Name History ]

Neohero1972

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • RSN:Neohero1972

Been like that for atleast a couple of months now.

It has been like this for over a year !

Mirror
[ Display Name History ]

Mirror

Use Herring -> Tree

• Members
  • 7,247 posts
  • RSN:Mirrorforced
Hmm, then I wonder why my mind told me that was new. I knew Watermelons had a Use option first and Pineapples had a Eat option first for the longest time since I've farmed both of them in the past months, but yesterday I was outstounded that Pineapples then had a use option for the first option because I'd always have to right click it to use it. Oh well, sorry for the flub then.
A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

Posted Image

theoxman2
[ Display Name History ]

theoxman2

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 8 posts
Not sure if this has been mentioned so if it was I apologize ahead of time but... I got about 40K thieving XP from the master farmer in draynor and didnt get a single potato or onion seed. So Im thinking they no longer give them

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
The rate of getting potato and onion seeds becomes incredibly low once you complete the Thieving Guild caper that offers improved NPC loot.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Troll invasion has been changed so that you are required to kill everything on the last wave instead of just Cliffto end the D&D.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

icecube
[ Display Name History ]

icecube

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,823 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:deadlyaznboy
  • Clan:Heart Unit
Adding shears to toolbelt is a Beginners Task in Lumbridge/Draynor, labeled "Shear Convenience"
Posted Image

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers
The small mound that separated Edgeville and the Monastary has been removed, it's now just flat ground.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

The small mound that separated Edgeville and the Monastary has been removed, it's now just flat ground.

Been like that since edgeville graphical update and was kinda part of it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

theoxman2
[ Display Name History ]

theoxman2

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 8 posts
When completing a task, the gp reward you used to have to collect from explorer jack is now automatically added to your money pouch as soon as you complete the task.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users