Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

Theists have been giving me, as George Carlin said, not "pet peeves, psychotic [bleep]ing hatreds!"

Mostly feeling the frustration of the hosts of The Atheist Experience after watching some episodes of their show on Youtube. Though a lot of the time it's more LOL worthy than annoying, like this gem I just picked from a Christian fundie site.

"So my question is this: If Evolution Is True, Why Is It Rejected By Such a Large Majority?

Four in 10 Americans Believe in Strict Creationism"

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Theists have been giving me, as George Carlin said, not "pet peeves, psychotic [bleep]ing hatreds!"

Mostly feeling the frustration of the hosts of The Atheist Experience after watching some episodes of their show on Youtube. Though a lot of the time it's more LOL worthy than annoying, like this gem I just picked from a Christian fundie site.

"So my question is this: If Evolution Is True, Why Is It Rejected By Such a Large Majority?

Oh wow. Got a link to that website? I gotta see this.

Oh wow. Got a link to that website? I gotta see this.

Link to the thread:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7551837/

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

People who don't know Christian Catholic doctrine and as a result make those who do look stupid. I dunno how many threads I've read where some person starts laughing at/pointing out/ judging Christians based on stupid statements made by a Christian somewhere (who doesn't even know what they're talking about).

Not all Christians are that dim-witted. :c

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

People who don't know Christian Catholic doctrine and as a result make those who do look stupid. I dunno how many threads I've read where some person starts laughing at/pointing out/ judging Christians based on stupid statements made by a Christian somewhere (who doesn't even know what they're talking about).

Not all Christians are that dim-witted. :c

This 1000 times. That said, I believe misunderstanding is 90% of conflict, so it's not like it's just religion.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

On the topic, I just watched the documentary Jesus Camp. ...holy [cabbage]

Watching that film made me incredibly angry inside.

It's not available for stream on Netflix anymore so I can't watch it unfortunately. I'll have to find some clips on Youtube.

Anyways, it's not all Theists I have a problem with, but I really wish the ideas would just go away already. They're slowing down the progress of humanity.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

When Christians think that all Atheists are immoral and evil.

On the flip side, Atheists who think that all Christians are illogical, blind-follower morons.

On the flip side, Atheists who think that all Christians are illogical, blind-follower morons.

They are blind followers. To varying degrees of course, the vast majority are nowhere near Ray Comfort levels, but it's still mass belief in irrational views. Not just Christianity though, that's just one religion. The same statement applies to most or all of them.

As for the first line, this gave me a laugh/rage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93MfGZAcw5o

AGAIN: I AM NOT SAYING THAT ALL THEISTS ARE LIKE THIS CALLER.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Yep. No religion, political view, skin color, country, or Dungeons and Dragons Moral Alignment is safe from having a stupid member taint the name.

Just reading the description of the film made me rage. I'll never be able to watch it.

There are lots of moments in the film where I literally slammed my head on the desk.

It's quite unsettling to know that kids are getting brainwashed like that.

Here's a bit from the film:

You said it way better than I did.

I'm not big on evangelizing. Basically the only instances when I'll actually speak up about Catholicism/theism is when some [wagon] is accusing 'us' of being, like you said, "illogical, blind-follower morons," or, when a theist/Catholic starts making claims that aren't actual Church teaching.

When it comes to atheists, I usually try to avoid all talk of religion with them, mostly because neither side can win such an argument, and I'd rather just talk about other things and be friends than go off on each other about who is right or wrong. I have numerous atheist friends, and I basically can't tell the difference, because I don't walk up to my group of friends and say, "Hey, instead of talking about our upcoming summer bro-trip, let's argue about religion!" :grin: I guess I could say the same about any other sect of Christianity besides Catholicism...

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

When it comes to atheists, I usually try to avoid all talk of religion with them, mostly because neither side can win such an argument, and I'd rather just talk about other things and be friends than go off on each other about who is right or wrong. I have numerous atheist friends, and I basically can't tell the difference, because I don't walk up to my group of friends and say, "Hey, instead of talking about our upcoming summer bro-trip, let's argue about religion!" :grin:

I disagree with the bolded part, but overall I like this post. Better to just be friends!

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

When it comes to atheists, I usually try to avoid all talk of religion with them, mostly because neither side can win such an argument, and I'd rather just talk about other things and be friends than go off on each other about who is right or wrong. I have numerous atheist friends, and I basically can't tell the difference, because I don't walk up to my group of friends and say, "Hey, instead of talking about our upcoming summer bro-trip, let's argue about religion!" :grin:

I disagree with the bolded part, but overall I like this post. Better to just be friends!

One side can "win" the argument, though neither will ever admit defeat.

In this day and age, when empirical proof is everything, neither side can provide it. There's over 2000 pages of thread that shows just this. :P I don't want to get into an argument, though. I'm glad that thread is beneath 20 or so pages of Off-Topic discussion. :)

EDIT: No, I didn't just want the last word in this 'almost on the verge of' debate. Let's just all be friends, hah.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Just reading the description of the film made me rage. I'll never be able to watch it.

There are lots of moments in the film where I literally slammed my head on the desk.

It's quite unsettling to know that kids are getting brainwashed like that.

Here's a bit from the film:

mfw that video

homer_facepalm.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRUe-gz690

PM me for fitocracy invite

Well, at least now we know why everyone hates us.

To you all, I am truly sorry, I am planning on leaving as soon as possible.

TO CANADA I GO

O CANADA

O CANADA

Seriously though, I want to move to Canada. Hurrmurrika annoys me.

Edit: When people start clapping when a singer starts their song. If they call for it, fine, if not, don't even try. It makes it impossible to enjoy the music.

PM me for fitocracy invite

They are blind followers. To varying degrees of course, the vast majority are nowhere near Ray Comfort levels, but it's still mass belief in irrational views.

This is completely untrue. Once again, what happens when someone who doesn't understand religion tries to make blanket judgements about it.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Edit: When people start clapping when a singer starts their song. If they call for it, fine, if not, don't even try. It makes it impossible to enjoy the music.

Also, the opposite. Maybe when you're at a small venue with maybe 20 or so people watching a band, and the lead singer wants everyone to clap. Just not the same effect, buddy. Especially when people aren't really into your music.

They are blind followers. To varying degrees of course, the vast majority are nowhere near Ray Comfort levels, but it's still mass belief in irrational views.

o.O I didn't even see that. I agree with Obfuscator, though. Catholic doctrine is some of the most rational thinking I've studied. It has basis. It's not that stupid 'flying spaghetti monster' crap. And for the sake of keeping the peace, I'd say both theists (at least those who know Catholic doctrine) and atheists partake in very rational thinking. Great minds have been on both sides. It's the stupid accusing of the other side of being irrational that gets to me. :\

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |