Tip.It Times - Jagex Interview - 9th May 2010

Racheya

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, nice interview with some interesting answers.

Tip.It: Will we be seeing any more 'themes' or an even bigger variety (not quantity) of monsters per floor/level?

Mod Mark: There are 2 more themes planned for this year chaotic and warped.

:ohnoes:

mdeosig.png

hytbanner2.png

Proud (retired) Tip.it Times Editor! Tip.it Times Archives TET event forum

Tip.It: Will we be seeing any more 'themes' or an even bigger variety (not quantity) of monsters per floor/level?

Way to drag on the levels...

Every time I reset my prestige now I already dread having to play through alll the floors again, lol, and now this? They're trying to drive me insane xD

The Reward Dungeons sound perky.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

It's what? About 6 floors per theme, so that's 12 floors, or another 24 levels worth of floors which would take us up to level 93 for the highest floor.

Wouldn't surprise me if they went all the way to 99 though.

Those themes sound really interesting to me. Might bring about some game dynamics more than just the appearance of the place imo.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Nice to get some insight into their future plans for the skill, seems they have done the same as what they did with Summoning as in release the skill in two parts which I think is good.

Really looking forward to the future updates for the skill :thumbup:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Again, it's not the community that stops trying to get good answers, but it's jagex not wanting to give out details. Of course that's the way it's always going to work, it's the way it has to work.

Some curiosa come forth through the interview, nothing more. That's not because of the questions, but because of the vague, positivist jagex answers. Could we expect more? not at all.

Did this interview give a positive outlook on the integration of dungeoneering into the rest of runescape? hardly. they didn't even mention quests as including dungeoneering, much less integrated daily activities, such as killing normal monsters in dungeons

Yay! time to read it!

Cant wait to see these! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Again, it's not the community that stops trying to get good answers, but it's jagex not wanting to give out details. Of course that's the way it's always going to work, it's the way it has to work.

Some curiosa come forth through the interview, nothing more. That's not because of the questions, but because of the vague, positivist jagex answers. Could we expect more? not at all.

Did this interview give a positive outlook on the integration of dungeoneering into the rest of runescape? hardly. they didn't even mention quests as including dungeoneering, much less integrated daily activities, such as killing normal monsters in dungeons

They are selling a product, you can't blame them for being a bit secretive. Think about this from their point of view. There isn't much they can divulge, nothing that will effect our game play anyways.

Keeping that in mind it was an interesting read. The best part is the gesture, has there ever even been an Jagex interview in the Tip.It Times before?

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

There has been Tip.it and Jagex interviews, not so sure about direct Tip.it Times interviews though.

It was an interesting read and I'm curious to see whats in store for the new floor sets. Should be good, even though I would've thought Mark would of talked a bit more (even if it was just about silly stuff. :P) it was still a very good read.

They are selling a product, you can't blame them for being a bit secretive. Think about this from their point of view. There isn't much they can divulge, nothing that will effect our game play anyways.

Keeping that in mind it was an interesting read. The best part is the gesture, has there ever even been an Jagex interview in the Tip.It Times before?

Yes, previous interviews have been in the Tip.It Times. And this wasn't an interview "for" the Times, we just thought it was the best way to release it :).

Didn't they say particles would be put to use in the skill? Have they? If not, maybe they have to do with the later themes.

Didn't really care about the article to be honest, the skill is pretty awful.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Tip.It: Could we eventually see even larger dungeons for even greater numbers of players, e.g. a 12- man dungeon?

Mod Mark: Possibly. We can certainly run up to 200 players in a Clan Wars fight with no problem at all. The Dungeoneering system itself wouldnt be able to support that number of players right now, but it is technically possible.

If you were able to get 200 people on a team. What level would the boss be then if all players were maxed out? :blink: :blink:

howlin1eeveesig.png

Tip.It: Could we eventually see even larger dungeons for even greater numbers of players, e.g. a 12- man dungeon?

Mod Mark: Possibly. We can certainly run up to 200 players in a Clan Wars fight with no problem at all. The Dungeoneering system itself wouldnt be able to support that number of players right now, but it is technically possible.

If you were able to get 200 people on a team. What level would the boss be then if all players were maxed out? :blink: :blink:

A level that would Gf Corp tbh.

Also, I wish they had used the Tzhaar as they originally intended to. Not enough content for those hardcore lava men.

lily81.jpg

I'm not so sure how I feel about his whole "it's a possibility" comment regarding other skills going to 120. I see it as possibly a positive change for some skills, such as Constitution, but for other skills, I'm not sure if I would support it :?

Tonguetamer3.png

Runescape: Winter 2002/2003 - May 2011

Indeed. I agree, as you can see by my bold excision. still, keeping that in mind, what they do divulge is underwhelming. they've mentioned most of the activities in-game, but not scratched on the level of integration the skill will have. More levels deeper down, we all knew that was coming. It's been confirmed on RSOF countless times already. The same goes for reward dungeons. The same goes for high level content. the same goes for batch 2. Expanded rewards within the dungeons themselves? obvious, no cape spot, few rings, few amulets. Will that impact the "real game" ? hardly.

Few of the questions asked in our 100+ page thread on dungeoneering were answered, even intent such as "we want to integrate dungeoneering further into the main game" or "dungeoneering is not meant to release a lot of new rewards into gielienor, it's meant primarily as a fun self-contained activity".

further, i wouldn't judge jagex on intent. showing intent is their most integral part of their PR strategy. they never move beyond that though.

I'm not so sure how I feel about his whole "it's a possibility" comment regarding other skills going to 120. I see it as possibly a positive change for some skills, such as Constitution, but for other skills, I'm not sure if I would support it :?

I totally agree. Summoning, Constitution and even melees would be a good insentive to keep going to 120 and would be very useful.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Didn't they say particles would be put to use in the skill? Have they? If not, maybe they have to do with the later themes.

On that same note what the hell happened to wilderness tag? <_<

It was cancelled as they didn't like it.

On that same note what the hell happened to wilderness tag? <_<

It was cancelled as they didn't like it.

What was it supposed to be?

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Think it had something to do with trying to touch specific markers or flags or something.

Thing is, no-one really knows as it was cancelled.

EDIT:

Just found this quote:

"Wilderness Tag features a series of pillars dotted around the entire of the wilderness, with players being invited to tag them, similar to the way the Agility Arena works but without the timers. Players who successfully tag all the pillars (featuring various levels of difficulty) are rewarded with a generous helping of combat XP in the discipline they choose. Be careful, though, it is the Wilderness after all. "

That was the original notice we got of it.

Also, found this quote by Paul

"I would consider the beacon lighting game you can play once you have completed the quest "All Fired Up" to be the evolution of Wilderness Tag. All the original Wilderness Tag really involved was running around the Wilderness lighting beacons!"

I think some particles were released with a holiday event, may be wrong though...

Also, they're coming with FTP3 and the updated Zanaris which, according to the twitter hints, is expected next week.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Think it had something to do with trying to touch specific markers or flags or something.

Thing is, no-one really knows as it was cancelled.

EDIT:

Just found this quote:

"Wilderness Tag features a series of pillars dotted around the entire of the wilderness, with players being invited to tag them, similar to the way the Agility Arena works but without the timers. Players who successfully tag all the pillars (featuring various levels of difficulty) are rewarded with a generous helping of combat XP in the discipline they choose. Be careful, though, it is the Wilderness after all. "

That was the original notice we got of it.

Also, found this quote by Paul

"I would consider the beacon lighting game you can play once you have completed the quest "All Fired Up" to be the evolution of Wilderness Tag. All the original Wilderness Tag really involved was running around the Wilderness lighting beacons!"

I think some particles were released with a holiday event, may be wrong though...

Also, they're coming with FTP3 and the updated Zanaris which, according to the twitter hints, is expected next week.

FTP3 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Cant wait

I always tell the truth even when I lie