The death of dungeoneering?

ghjkl

Hey look, there's a new skill so a lot of people want to play. Now it's not as new, so less people are playing. Let's panic.

Not as much of an issue if other people don't affect your skilling, or as is occurs in many skills make it harder to train, but dung at this point requires other people in order to train it successfully.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, congratulations, you've discovered that the rewards system for dungeoneering is a pile of [cabbage]. "Hey, instead of rewarding players for having high levels in this new skill, let's just not reward players for having high levels in this new skill! It's a much simpler solution!" :thumbup:

On a slightly related note, I'm wondering - how exactly do the mechanics of the "random" rooms work? Do they just throw you on a random floor, with a random size and a random bunch of people, or do they actually put you on a floor you haven't yet completed?

It's just a set of variable factors that change every time you enter. There's the number of rooms, all the available room types to choose from, and the rooms themselves have a set template and a large amount of "empty slots" for resources, which are distributed based on average levels, amount of players, and dungeon size. These resources have a minimum and maximum value range, and after choosing which ones appear, they are placed all over the dungeon in those empty slots. The rest of these slots are filled with random scenic junk, or in the case of trees, just already cut stumps. A similar distribution system exists for the skill stations which you use to prepare items, or in the case of the altar, refill your prayer. Same type of thing with monsters, except those dinosaurs that drop hides are considered a "resource" collectable by hunting traps.

That's the short version.

8f14270694.jpg

i average about 4k per solo game on floors 1-25 (about 3k per at 1, 5k per by 25) and i do games in 5-8 mins so i can pull 30k xp/h soloing the noobiest floors, then i usualy duo with buds on med 26-30 then i go w117 and find a pro team for 31-25, i was aw 117 today and it seemed good enough as usual

a_final_name.png

i noticed that too

and the first chaotic weapon is exciting the second chaotic thing is like...meh

i got a rapier and it was a big goal then i just got the long for the heck of it

im only training dungeoneering because it is the only way i can get total levels ive been taking more breaks to do other stuff in rs too

teams in 117 have been getting way crappier.......taking 90 mins instead of 40-50

its only fun with friends that accually care about the times.

people dont really care anymore the only people left are the people just starting or the people that are doing this for total lvl and less people are doing good rush dungeons prefering to do chilling dungeons

StarViv.png

Hm...so it sounds like all of the people who decided to wait out n see what batch 2 would bring are getting screwed over...

To those saying it fizled out like every other skill, every time I'm at c wars I still see kyatts and graahks popping in and out. So it looks like summoning and rc have managed to escape that fizzling ailment for a significantly longer period of time.

Same with monkeys at atoll.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

They all know that there will be a batch 2 sooner or later. So when they either get a certain level or get the item they want, they stop.

They know that we are gonna get faster xp/h once we get the deeper floors, so why waste time on the earlier floors?

And thus is the crucial flaw in this "skill." Either Jagex really are daft or they don't give a crap because if they actually understood their player-base, they would've realized that Dungeoneering would eventually suffer the same fate as Barbarian Assault and Mobilizing Armies. This skill has no tangible rewards outside of what you buy with tokens, so naturally, once most people get their first chaotic item, they abandon the skill. The same thing happened with the Fighter Torso and the Imbued Rings. Once the majority of people got the items they set out for, they quit, leaving behind only chaff. <_<

I agree with this, but at least Dungeoneering has an element of "fun" to it which still makes it do-able after you get a reward, even if it is just for some lulz with your friends.

Are you mad? Since when is grinding fun? If I wanted a mind numbing grind, I'd go play Lineage2. The main thing is, in L2 the grind starts to pay off later on. In dungeoneering, you just grind wasting your time. The only thing you actually get is total levels. Nothing else. And there's NO fun involved.

P.S. If you are wondering, I was doing C6 solo most of the time, however I understood that this way I will be doomed to stay < 30 dungeoneering forever. Then I just done C1, quit C2, next floor C1, quit C2, next floor C1, etc and I'm already lvl 29. This skill is awful tbh...

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

I find Dungeoneering to be fun, a lot more fun than Agility anyway. However, I see no real reason to get 99 for now, or even much past 83 or so. Once I get my Chaotic Long, there will only be a few other things I want from the skill, getting me most likely to the aformentioned 83 Dungeoneering. However, I've noticed a lot of times I'll be on a team with one or more "pro"(85+ and likely not just in it for Chaotic weapons) Dungeoneers.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

I left dungeoneering after I got 85. (one of the first 100 to do it :thumbsup: )

The reason I left was because I still have some other skills to max. I'd rather level up my other skills while waiting for the second batch than get worse exp than I should with the current exp rates.

And thus is the crucial flaw in this "skill." Either Jagex really are daft or they don't give a crap because if they actually understood their player-base, they would've realized that Dungeoneering would eventually suffer the same fate as Barbarian Assault and Mobilizing Armies. This skill has no tangible rewards outside of what you buy with tokens, so naturally, once most people get their first chaotic item, they abandon the skill. The same thing happened with the Fighter Torso and the Imbued Rings. Once the majority of people got the items they set out for, they quit, leaving behind only chaff. <_<

I agree with this, but at least Dungeoneering has an element of "fun" to it which still makes it do-able after you get a reward, even if it is just for some lulz with your friends.

Are you mad? Since when is grinding fun? If I wanted a mind numbing grind, I'd go play Lineage2. The main thing is, in L2 the grind starts to pay off later on. In dungeoneering, you just grind wasting your time. The only thing you actually get is total levels. Nothing else. And there's NO fun involved.

P.S. If you are wondering, I was doing C6 solo most of the time, however I understood that this way I will be doomed to stay < 30 dungeoneering forever. Then I just done C1, quit C2, next floor C1, quit C2, next floor C1, etc and I'm already lvl 29. This skill is awful tbh...

I shall start by saying that you should not state things like they are fact. If you had not done that, along with the entire second part of your post, the following would not have happened:

1st off, you do not need to grind it. You CAN grind it, but then you're doing it wrong. Fun isn't hard to find in this.

2nd, you just said "mind numbing grind" and "I'd go play *something here*" with the context of Dungeoneering as the main example. YOU ARE PLAYING F***ING RUNESCAPE. The caps are necessary to convey my message to you. Dungeoneering is far less of a grind then 80% of the entire game.

3rd: You get rewards along with those total levels. The Arcane Stream Necklace is the best thing Mage's have gotten since the Staff of Light. Possibly the best thing they have ever gotten. There is also the Chaotic Melee weapons that will be staples for Slayer and Boss Hunting in the next few months.

Now, a special highlight goes to the bolded, and it is this:

You are a Moron and you are doing it wrong.

or did the 50% and 45% exp deductions not tip you off? ALWAYS play C6. If you need a floor lower then 28, find a team on the forums and rush the floors. 5:5 teams are not hard to find. You can even make one yourself. If you need 28 or higher, find or make a 5:5 Large team.

The exp really speeds up when you hit the Abandoned 2 section. Just power through and will hit it easily. You'll soon hit 69 and start making 50k exp/hr, which is only slightly lower then the exp you can get at 99 fishing when you do it at Shilo.

And yes, the size 7 bolded sentence calling him a moron is needed. I want the message to get through nice and clear. Welcome to my "Oh. My. GOD!" button.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Actually, blasting through the lower floors on complexity 1 and 2 isn't all that moronic when you consider that it allows you to spend more time focusing on 5:5 larging the big floors. Plus it cuts out the trouble of having to find a "rush" team. This is especially good when you consider that most people want to 5:5 rush, even though 5:3 rushing is better.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Actually, blasting through the lower floors on complexity 1 and 2 isn't all that moronic when you consider that it allows you to spend more time focusing on 5:5 larging the big floors. Plus it cuts out the trouble of having to find a "rush" team. This is especially good when you consider that most people want to 5:5 rush, even though 5:3 rushing is better.

He's less then level 30, so the only floors he has access to are the lower floors. There is no reason for him to do them at C1 and C2.

Reguardless, floors 1 - 27, small, 5:3 is about 48k exp/hr on average. It's better to do it with a team and fill up 2 - 4 floor gaps and C1 - C3 then do all of them at C1 - C3 since you almost reach the Exp/hr for one of the Larger dungeons, per hour, in the process. The time saved by just solo C1ing all of the lower floors doesn't make for the exp gotten with the first Large dungeon you do.

C1 Solo:

3 Mins average. 81 Mins to 27, 8k exp total

First dungeon: 1 hour, up to 56k exp

141 Mins for 64k exp, or 27.2k exp hour

5:3 Small:

7 Mins average, 189 Mins, ~5.5k exp floor average, 148.5k exp total

47.1k exp/hr with a large dungeon still in the line up

C1 Solo becomes better if you take longer then ~138 minutes to find a team.

5:3 Small is a better exp/hr rate and better exp/reset, along with being the better choice UNLESS you cannot get a team in a little over 2 hours, which should be no problem. If you can't find a team, make one and add everyone that goes with you. Message them if you need people and making teams becomes easy. I'd present data for 5:5 small, but I have never done it, except on a few small occations and I don't feel I'm familiar enough with a general round to comment on it.

“For the lulz” Disclaimer:

The above figures do not factor in mistakes, disconnects, or deaths. Floor 35 is the "First Dungeon." It was choosen to give the max exp/hr rate for the C1 Solo. All figures are based on my recordings and my personal experience. It assumes that all floors are done in one session. Figures are found by the following:

x*27 = a

y*27 = b

((a + d) / (b + e)) * 60 = c

x = average exp per floor for 27 floors

y = average time taken to complete the first 27 floors

a = total exp from floors 1 - 27

b = total time to complete floors 1 - 27

c = exp/hr rate

d = if "c1 solo = true," figure is 56000. If false, figure is 0

e = if "c1 solo = true," figure is 60 minutes. If false, figure is 0

"Time until solo becomes better" is found by:

exp/hr rate for solo is applied until it hits the point where, after a given amount of time waiting to make a team, the average exp/hr yield for both are equal and doing either will result in the same exp/hr. Any less waiting and 5:3 is better. Any more waiting and solo c1 is better.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

To be honest, I just hate the exp rates per hour that I get when I solo. I prefer working on my own and the only time I ever do it in a group is with friends, so if they changed the exp for that I might consider playing more. (I do find it fun, but yeah. :?)

Also, as mentioned, it seems like a waste when the exp rates will probably improve dramatically when batch 2 is released.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

I shall start by saying that you should not state things like they are fact. If you had not done that, along with the entire second part of your post, the following would not have happened:

1st off, you do not need to grind it. You CAN grind it, but then you're doing it wrong. Fun isn't hard to find in this.

2nd, you just said "mind numbing grind" and "I'd go play *something here*" with the context of Dungeoneering as the main example. YOU ARE PLAYING F***ING RUNESCAPE. The caps are necessary to convey my message to you. Dungeoneering is far less of a grind then 80% of the entire game.

3rd: You get rewards along with those total levels. The Arcane Stream Necklace is the best thing Mage's have gotten since the Staff of Light. Possibly the best thing they have ever gotten. There is also the Chaotic Melee weapons that will be staples for Slayer and Boss Hunting in the next few months.

or did the 50% and 45% exp deductions not tip you off? ALWAYS play C6. If you need a floor lower then 28, find a team on the forums and rush the floors. 5:5 teams are not hard to find. You can even make one yourself. If you need 28 or higher, find or make a 5:5 Large team.

The exp really speeds up when you hit the Abandoned 2 section. Just power through and will hit it easily. You'll soon hit 69 and start making 50k exp/hr, which is only slightly lower then the exp you can get at 99 fishing when you do it at Shilo.

And yes, the size 7 bolded sentence calling him a moron is needed. I want the message to get through nice and clear. Welcome to my "Oh. My. GOD!" button.

Replace the 'moron' with 'retired' and the sentence will be correct. Actually, most xp I have gotten through ToG, so... yeah.

Anyway, the 50% deductions (game forces me to C2, but I quit it without starting, since C2+ it's a waste of time) still make it easier to get more xp in the same timeframe then doing c6... SOMEHOW.

Plus, SOLO making up the armor (food/pouches) that are REQUIRED to kill the c6 boss take too much time and without them - all you can do is die. Dying easily takes away large amounts of xp.

@Mecakoto: You are completely correct, since whenever I go to daemonheim I find 2 players at most in the whole area. That's why C1 is better. C6 solo takes just too much time. (take note, on a p2p world)

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.

Replace the 'moron' with 'retired' and the sentence will be correct. Actually, most xp I have gotten through ToG, so... yeah.

Anyway, the 50% deductions (game forces me to C2, but I quit it without starting, since C2+ it's a waste of time) still make it easier to get more xp in the same timeframe then doing c6... SOMEHOW.

Plus, SOLO making up the armor (food/pouches) that are REQUIRED to kill the c6 boss take too much time and without them - all you can do is die. Dying easily takes away large amounts of xp.

@Mecakoto: You are completely correct, since whenever I go to daemonheim I find 2 players at most in the whole area. That's why C1 is better. C6 solo takes just too much time. (take note, on a p2p world)

That is why you team up with people who are rushing. More exp/hr and, if you ask or people notice, you will be made a Prome Spear. Bind it and you're set until level 50.

If you need a team, go to the forums. If no one is there doing your floors, make the team.

Also, C1 is worse exp/hr solo then C6. I can go and prove it right now if need be by doing 2 floors.

Thus far, all I see is you being inefficient. You shouldn't make armor or pouches solo as food drops alone will be enough. You shouldn't die unless you make a mistake, or do something wrong.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Wonder if you're playing the same game. It's perfectly possible to just rush a c6 floor solo on p2p, only kill guardian doors and maybe 1-2 stronger monsters that drop food, and beat the boss in about 8 minutes on average. I have never encountered a boss that made me die more than twice, and that takes away say 25% xp of the 4k or so. Not the end of the world.

2dvjurb.png

That is why you team up with people who are rushing. More exp/hr and, if you ask or people notice, you will be made a Prome Spear. Bind it and you're set until level 50.

If you need a team, go to the forums. If no one is there doing your floors, make the team.

Also, C1 is worse exp/hr solo then C6. I can go and prove it right now if need be by doing 2 floors.

Thus far, all I see is you being inefficient. You shouldn't make armor or pouches solo as food drops alone will be enough. You shouldn't die unless you make a mistake, or do something wrong.

No need to prove it, perhaps I'm no longer as good at this game as I was (yes - I die against simple c6 bosses even when praying (atk bonus)). I'll try the team rushing, thanks for the info.

savormix.gif

It needs a system that automaticly puts you in a group of people wanting to do the same floor/size etc. I can never find a partner to do it with and end up getting terrible exp for soloing :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

No need to prove it, perhaps I'm no longer as good at this game as I was (yes - I die against simple c6 bosses even when praying (atk bonus)). I'll try the team rushing, thanks for the info.

I apologize for my first post in this massive chain. Combine a bad session of TvC online (6 disconnects in a row from the other person), the clue I got on the trip that got me 99 Range being one that, on the 6th part of the clue, I cannot do due to 2 quests that need to be done (and being the only clue in the game I cannot do), and my pet peeve of people presenting opinion as fact when the opinion is misrepresented, shows obvious inexperience, or a combo of the 2, and you get... well that.

Dungeoneering is agonizingly slow to start off with. After you have some decent arrows, a Spear, and a Platebody bound, and after you start teaming with people and adding people who will dungeoneer with you regularly, the fun just happens. I remember when both me and a team member forgot about the little rule of "you cannot run around spinning blades by clicking past them" and we both died from full health when it comboed us. And then there is Mr. Rammy and his glitched up AI.

tl;dr: It starts slow, boring, and unfun. Then it takes a jump to lulz-worthy fun and decent speed. All you need to do is establish a presence in Dungeoneering and you'll be set.

bc8ebae3b0.png

All that needs fixing is solo Xp, Remember this is a skill and a skill should be able to be done solo.

Not in teams like a minigame... that should be a bonus to this skill which makes it more fun if you like playing in teams.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

He's less then level 30, so the only floors he has access to are the lower floors. There is no reason for him to do them at C1 and C2.

Reguardless, floors 1 - 27, small, 5:3 is about 48k exp/hr on average. It's better to do it with a team and fill up 2 - 4 floor gaps and C1 - C3 then do all of them at C1 - C3 since you almost reach the Exp/hr for one of the Larger dungeons, per hour, in the process. The time saved by just solo C1ing all of the lower floors doesn't make for the exp gotten with the first Large dungeon you do.

C1 Solo:

5:3 Small is a better exp/hr rate and better exp/reset, along with being the better choice UNLESS you cannot get a team in a little over 2 hours, which should be no problem. If you can't find a team, make one and add everyone that goes with you. Message them if you need people and making teams becomes easy. I'd present data for 5:5 small, but I have never done it, except on a few small occations and I don't feel I'm familiar enough with a general round to comment on it.

For the lulz Disclaimer:

The above figures do not factor in mistakes, disconnects, or deaths. Floor 35 is the "First Dungeon." It was choosen to give the max exp/hr rate for the C1 Solo. All figures are based on my recordings and my personal experience. It assumes that all floors are done in one session. Figures are found by the following:

x*27 = a

y*27 = b

c = exp/hr rate

exp/hr rate for solo is applied until it hits the point where, after a given amount of time waiting to make a team, the average exp/hr yield for both are equal and doing either will result in the same exp/hr. Any less waiting and 5:3 is better. Any more waiting and solo c1 is better.

Qeltar made an analysis of soloing 1-29 on C1 solo vs. doing them all in teams, and it only came out being around 2k xp/h worse. You should read it, it's pretty interesting.

Huh what.

On W1 I still see a lot of people asking for a team, 5:5 larges or small rushes, duo meds, etc. And most of these people are pretty good at it (though they like rushing into the boss, but this is F2P - no boss is too overpowered).

And soloing is still pretty decent, I seem to get 2k-3k exp per floor, and I can complete them within 10-15 minutes.

@ hit_u_ranger: What the hell. No, seriously, WHAT THE HELL. :wall:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

C1 Solo:

For the lulz Disclaimer:

x*27 = a

y*27 = b

c = exp/hr rate

Qeltar made an analysis of soloing 1-29 on C1 solo vs. doing them all in teams, and it only came out being around 2k xp/h worse. You should read it, it's pretty interesting.

There are some thing you can calculate, and some you can't- namely intangibles. Doing C1 solo is a bitter grind where as 5:3 or 5:5(i prefer 5:3 on the ice floors) are much less demanding and stressful. You have got to hand it to jagex- they never, ever wanted to see people soloing this minigame and i doubt they will ever do. I can't see any reason for solo medium dungeons to be good.

On the actual topic- lately, as the hype has died down so have most of the newbies(people who don't know to use pickaxe on bulwak at level 75), and the large dungeons i have done lately have all gone much better than they would have say a week ago. There will always be enough people to dungeoneer with at this rate, and as the rewards require such high amounts of xp and are very much worth it there will always be people coming in for those too.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

C1 Solo:

For the lulz Disclaimer:

x*27 = a

y*27 = b

c = exp/hr rate

There are some thing you can calculate, and some you can't- namely intangibles. Doing C1 solo is a bitter grind where as 5:3 or 5:5(i prefer 5:3 on the ice floors) are much less demanding and stressful. You have got to hand it to jagex- they never, ever wanted to see people soloing this minigame and i doubt they will ever do. I can't see any reason for solo medium dungeons to be good.

On the actual topic- lately, as the hype has died down so have most of the newbies(people who don't know to use pickaxe on bulwak at level 75), and the large dungeons i have done lately have all gone much better than they would have say a week ago. There will always be enough people to dungeoneer with at this rate, and as the rewards require such high amounts of xp and are very much worth it there will always be people coming in for those too.

Actually, it's less of a grind since it's faster. Also, I think it's less stressful (only done a few c1s though) than 5:5 (haven't done 5:3). To do 5:5's fast you need to be constantly alert, run around, pick up food before others take all, and try not to die on the boss. And I'm not even talking about the times where you seem the only one who grasps the concept of rushing, and need to push your team mates all the time to be efficient (ie some idiots are making runes or armour, or decide to kill that tier11 warrior in a non guardian room). Now that's damn stressful. Oh, have I mentioned searching for teams?