Dungeoneering: Beyond the Release

Guest Melvinkooi

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did everyone miss the part where they were hinting at a new boss? OUTSIDE of Daemonheim...

But a boss escaped from Daemoneheim.

So basically jsut a boss monster rsof fan boys love plonked in a cave on the surface.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Did everyone miss the part where they were hinting at a new boss? OUTSIDE of Daemonheim...

They didn't specifically say a new boss, just a "fearsome creature". For all we know, it's a regular monster from floors below we've been to yet. Personally, I'm thinking that it'll be Night Spiders or Seekers, to give us an above-ground version of one of the Dungeoneering slayer items.

Personally, this is great news to me. Dungeoneering is something that I've loved from the first second I tried it, so improving an already wonderful skill is music to my ears.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

At first I thought batch 2 wouldn't be anything special, but after reading the dev blog.... Wow.

Really love the part about classes and reward dungeons. (will be intresting to see the new 'escaped boss' they speak of) This might even be a good reason to get on Skype and call my friends and form a party to try the new stuff when it comes out.

Still am pretty excited though. :o

The issue with binding is simple: there aren't enough slots. I don't consider this a problem because it makes the skill "too hard", but rather because it makes binding very bland. Because most players never get more than two slots, nearly everyone binds a spear/maul/2H and a platebody. Everything else goes to waste, and it's really boring. Most boss drops have a lifespan measured in seconds, and nearly all of the special Slayer items last only part of one floor if they even get picked up at all.

I have a proposed solution that this dev blog finally motivated me to write up, but this is getting off-topic so I'm not going to get into it here.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

The changes look really good, although one has to question why Jagex didn't spend extra time working on the skill and implementing them from the start. Dungeons outside Daemonhaim should always have been a feature. I don't care how often you say that Jagex defines a skill and not us, I feel it will be more of a skill with a way to use your skill outside of the training zone.

Nice to see a blog about this, plus it gets me excited about what else they have up their sleeve.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I don't see why they're spending so much time on solo dungeon saving when they take such a short time to complete. What they really need is an easier way to rejoin large dungeons if all of your partners have chat off (happened to me a few times before), and the ability to recruit new people/change floors without having to all exit and create a new game.

The updates look very promising though, the first screenshot looked the most exciting. I hope the next update to dungeoneering is soon rather than "hopefully before the end of the year" like they said as the skill seems to be dying already (it died within the first few weeks outside of W117).

imagangster.png

I don't see why they're spending so much time on solo dungeon saving when they take such a short time to complete. What they really need is an easier way to rejoin large dungeons if all of your partners have chat off (happened to me a few times before), and the ability to recruit new people/change floors without having to all exit and create a new game.

The updates look very promising though, the first screenshot looked the most exciting. I hope the next update to dungeoneering is soon rather than "hopefully before the end of the year" like they said as the skill seems to be dying already (it died within the first few weeks outside of W117).

Because theres loads of solo players who want to have the same ability to resume a dungeon if they happen to get dced or lag out as someone on a team does. Instead of losing alllll the xp for that floor.

Also solo floors can take a fair while.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Because theres loads of solo players who want to have the same ability to resume a dungeon if they happen to get dced or lag out as someone on a team does. Instead of losing alllll the xp for that floor.

You do get some xp back at the end if you leave early, and I lost a lot of xp because of a glitch affecting all of our team which made us crash the game in a large dungeon before. I wouldn't be too bothered about losing 4k or so xp in a small dungeon in which I did a trial run for and it took me 12 minutes (including starting and ending time) to do and I did awful at. :P

It'd be nice to resume progress of course but it just seems as though time would be better spent elsewhere. Note the very long time to develop in the diary for something I doubt many people will benefit from.

imagangster.png

You get a tiny fraction of the XP you would get otherwise, and NO tokens.

Also, solo players are supposed to be able to do medium dungeons, which is completely infeasible with no save ability. My hope is they will implement this once saving is put in.

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

You do get some xp back at the end if you leave early, and I lost a lot of xp because of a glitch affecting all of our team which made us crash the game in a large dungeon before. I wouldn't be too bothered about losing 4k or so xp in a small dungeon in which I did a trial run for and it took me 12 minutes (including starting and ending time) to do and I did awful at. :P

It'd be nice to resume progress of course but it just seems as though time would be better spent elsewhere. Note the very long time to develop in the diary for something I doubt many people will benefit from.

Other than the thousands of players who do solo dungeoneering...

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Solo needs an exp bonus to bring the overall exp closer to teaming. Forcing people to team to train a skill is a bad idea, since eventually less and less people will train the skill and it'll become very difficult to find a team (and therefore train the skill with any efficiency).

td2sig.jpg

The issue with binding is simple: there aren't enough slots. I don't consider this a problem because it makes the skill "too hard", but rather because it makes binding very bland. Because most players never get more than two slots, nearly everyone binds a spear/maul/2H and a platebody. Everything else goes to waste, and it's really boring. Most boss drops have a lifespan measured in seconds, and nearly all of the special Slayer items last only part of one floor if they even get picked up at all.

My thoughts exactly. Giving even one additional item to bind adds so much more diversity to a player's options and allows for much more class specialization. Do you bind an additional piece of armour? If so, what type? Do you bind platelegs for even larger bonuses, a plateskirt to compensate for your platebody's weakness, possibly a shield in combination with the new defensive attribute, or do you opt for a piece of bovihide as Qeltar has suggested for some magical defense? Do you bind an addtional weapon, for some extra diversity attacking? If so, do you bind a rapier or dagger for weaker enemies or a 2h/maul for tougher enemies, a pair of guantlets or boots to increase your attack, or do you bind a strong bow or magical staff to give you another attack class? Do you bind a slayer drop, and if so, which one? Perhaps you frequently make armour and food for your team. Should you bind that Promethium or Primal pickaxe for retrieving ore, or an Axe to gain logs for cooking and fletching? The list goes on, and that was merely for one additional item! I would be thrilled if Jagex raised the cap, even if it meant increasing the difficulty of the monsters to compensate for the additional items.

I have a proposed solution that this dev blog finally motivated me to write up, but this is getting off-topic so I'm not going to get into it here.

Well, we are discussing future dungeoneering changes. I think this line of discussion is relevant enough to be continued.

And Qeltar, regarding your Dungeoneering guide, I have some imput to give. Such as not dividing every sub-section into a seperate page! But other things as well.

It's rather hard to polish a turd, but at least they're trying.

Solo xp and re-joining solo dungeons please.

The focus on teams makes it a "turd"? That's somewhat harsh...

It's not a miniskill.

It's an advertising campaign >_>

Well, there's goes the shard of dignity I had remaining.

Heh, I like the line "Theres a Ring of Kinship for that!". Anyways, most of this looks very promising. I'm especially interested in the surface dungeons that they are apparently creating. I think I might have to spend a little bit of time on Dungeoneering again.. never touched that poor skill after the first week of release. :mellow:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

sad on the solo thing, they said "hey soloers we havent forgot about you" and the only thing they can come up with is some uselss save progress option

i think solo needs a few more options, i want ot be able to solo a medium or duo a large etc

i do think adding a farming patch at the base would be good

id like a 3rd item bind at 75 too

but im glad theres something coming soon, and before batch 2

im hoping this in 2 weeks, batch 2 in 4 weeks

i like the ring ideas, will speed up soloing if you put on berserker but i wondef if u can switch ring style mid dung? cuz then id use skiller for first 10 mins then berserker the rest and tactition on boss

a_final_name.png

Solo needs an exp bonus to bring the overall exp closer to teaming. Forcing people to team to train a skill is a bad idea, since eventually less and less people will train the skill and it'll become very difficult to find a team (and therefore train the skill with any efficiency).

This is already the case. I, for one, was constantly looking for teams but the ones advertising on the RSOF aren't interested in me.

You can't get anywhere if you're not constantly doing levels 30+ and are over 130 combat.

I can say I've Dungeoneered solo probably 75% of the time.

I'm interested in what the other classes' options will be. Especially Ranged and Skiller's.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I love pictures of unreleased stuff. Automaticaly boosts a dev blog from boring to cool imo.

Lots of nice little future updates in there as well.

Also glad they are working on the solo-connection issue.

I agree, binding could be a lot more exciting if you had more flexibility. They should definitely consider updating it, especially with the new "roles" they are adding. Adding more options would let people customize their setup instead of being forced to logically pick the best weapon.

I thought maybe there was a bug or something I didnt know about.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Well, we are discussing future dungeoneering changes. I think this line of discussion is relevant enough to be continued.

Okay. Well, I explain my views and ideas further in an article on my blog. I didn't want to post that here for fear of people thinking I was trying to get blog readers, but it's really too long to cut-and-paste here without being disruptive.

Alex, feel free to send me any suggestions/criticisms privately, though I don't think I can do anything about the complaint you already mentioned. :)

signew2.png