All Time Favorite Games

Hamtaro

Create a simple list of your top 5 favorite video games of all time. Take into consideration the time period the game was made in, the graphics, the music, how fun it is, and its replay factor. If you're going to add RuneScape to your list, place in in parentheses in the proper spot. If you can't decide between two games for the fifth spot, you may go to six.

My top 5:

1. The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64)
  2. Halo 2 (Xbox)
    (RuneScape)
  3. The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker (Nintendo Gamcube)
  4. Crackdown (Xbox 360)
  5. Portal (PC)

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask (N64)

2. Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube)

3. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Gamecube)

4. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

5. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

I might edit reasons why later, because I really really really like these games. Don't have the time right now though.

wl7w9j.png

1. Tetris

2. FreeCell

3. Team Fortress 2

4. Mass Effect (2)

5. Portal

All on the PC of course.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

CoD4 (360)

Oblivion (360)

GTA: San Andreas (PS2)

Croc (PS1)

Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis (PC)

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

2. Pokemon: Crystal Version

3. Super Mario Bros.

4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

5. The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker

All from Nintendo of course!

Adventure_Time_by_Titan_of_Tacos.png

I swear we have one of these threads every couple months.

I apologize. I searched for threads with similar titles and didn't find anything.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Croc!!!! <3:

Damn right. The second one was pretty [cabbage] i thought.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

For me:

1. Metal Gear Solid (PS1)

2. TimeSplitters 2 (PS2)

3. SSX3 (PS2)

4. Gran Turismo 3 (PS2)

5. Final Fantasy X (PS2)

6. Crash Bandicoot 3 (PS1)

Eurgh, nothing new has been good enough.

-Destroy Topham-

Punk_Man666.png

Punk_man666.png

There's another "favorite games" thread on the first page right now... Regardless,

1. Half-Life (PC)

2. Chrono Trigger (SNES)

3. Baldurs Gate II (PC)

4. Braid (PC, 360, PS3)

5. System Shock 2 (PC)

Only one Valve game on it just to keep the list interesting.

1. Saints Row 2-The only game that makes me feel like I am playing a pointless game.

2. Metal Gear Solid 4-Used to be 3, but 4 was just so emotional and amazing.

3. Red Dead Redemption-I am rarely as amazed with a game as I was with this.

4. Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow-I love this game so much.

5. Dragon Age Origins-My favorite RPG of all time. Combine Drizzt books with KOTOR.

FAVORITE SERIES:

1. Metal Gear Solid

2. Splinter Cell

3. Max Payne

4. Legend of Zelda

5. Resident Evil

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Well its hard to rate all time top 5 games of all time, but here we go:

1. Chrono Trigger (SNES)

2. Super Mario RPG (SNES)

3. Uncharted 2 (PS3)

4. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

5. Super Mario 64 (N64)

Dakr06.png

Half Life (PC)

World In Conflict (PC)

Halo (Multi)

Call of Duty (Multi)

The Battlefield Series (Multi)

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

In particular order...

1. World of Warcraft

2. Team Fortress 2

3. Star Wars: Battlefront

4. Banjo and Kazooie

5. Pacman

These games make up my gaming days. :P

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

1. Half-Life (Story telling intertwined with the fantastic game play; has never been topped)

2. Crash Bandicoot (My first game that I ever devoted more than twenty hours into)

3. Legend of Zelda: All of Them (Story + New Ways To Play Them Every Time)

4. Paper Mario (I just can't get enough of this entire series, I think the whole 'paper' aspect and how that is spun into the game play is just unique)

5. Left 4 Dead (First game I ever played where 'true' team work was a necessity in order to win - It is just an amazing game too)

I mean there's other games out there, that are arguably better than these games, but to me these games just rock.

There's another "favorite games" thread on the first page right now... Regardless,

1. Half-Life (PC)

2. Chrono Trigger (SNES)

3. Baldurs Gate II (PC)

4. Braid (PC, 360, PS3)

5. System Shock 2 (PC)

I purchased the Baldur's Gate Collection a few weeks ago but haven't installed it yet (along with the Diablo and Starcraft Battlechests). All three of the purchases came with multiple games/expansions, none of which I have played yet (I think I tried BGII a long time ago). So I have a good few hundred hours of classic PC gaming ahead of me.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

In no particular order.

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy. (PS2)

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. (PS2)

Need for Speed: Underground 2. (PS2)

BioShock. (PS3)

Final Fantasy XII. (PS2)

May be nostalgia speaking for some, but yeah. There it is. Now that I think on it, I'd probably put FF XII to the top. Can you tell I'm a PS fan?

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

1: Super Metroid, not a single bad thing about this game, and the atmosphere is perfect.

2: Mario Galaxy (2?) Best platformer ever, creative, ingenious, spot on controlls

3: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, best zelda.

4: Final Fantasy VI, It's way better than the seventh and the villain is one of the best carachters in gaming, if not the best.

5: Shadow of the Colossus, ICO was bad IMO, tried to copy zelda without combat and ingenuety (sp?), SotC was amazing and just plain awesome.

1. Half-Life (PC)

2. Chrono Trigger (SNES)

3. Baldurs Gate II (PC)

4. Braid (PC, 360, PS3)

5. System Shock 2 (PC)

I purchased the Baldur's Gate Collection a few weeks ago but haven't installed it yet (along with the Diablo and Starcraft Battlechests). All three of the purchases came with multiple games/expansions, none of which I have played yet (I think I tried BGII a long time ago). So I have a good few hundred hours of classic PC gaming ahead of me.

Heh dude, you can easily lose 200 hours worth of time playing through Baldurs Gate II and not even do all of the side quests! The expansion adds another 50 hours or so.

Just wondering if you guy's are interested (and it was brought up before) but what if we did a favorite games thread a week from each person on this forums like we did for the music and movies forums? I think I'd love to read some of peoples top picks and some in depth explanations why, it might be interesting and I'd love to do a list.

Just some food for thought.