Behind the Scenes - July

Tim

Don't touch the reward rate of current 3rd age please......

If they do, make it rarer.....

Yes, because we REALLY want an Item that's coming INTO the game to rise to the value of Party Hats with terrible stats compared to armors 1/10th its cost. For once I wish players wouldn't think about money only, and has there been any update on Prayer Armor from Cache?

Whats the matter with very expensive stuff? Its to show off, not for stats.

Well climbing boots were changed because they were too powerfull compared to their counterpart stat-boots.

3rd Age doesnt give THAT good bonuses, so its only logical to increase the amount of them ingame or change the price so they are on par with the other items with equal bonuses.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, because we REALLY want an Item that's coming INTO the game to rise to the value of Party Hats with terrible stats compared to armors 1/10th its cost. For once I wish players wouldn't think about money only, and has there been any update on Prayer Armor from Cache?

Well climbing boots were changed because they were too powerfull compared to their counterpart stat-boots.

3rd Age doesnt give THAT good bonuses, so its only logical to increase the amount of them ingame or change the price so they are on par with the other items with equal bonuses.

Although I somewhat agree with you, wouldn't that make a Barrows set worth a hundred mil or so? :-|

On a slightly different topic, my friend and I were discussing how neat it would be if they released trimming pieces for Dragon armor. It seems like a better option than straight giving out Dragon armor from level 4 clues.

2dgucz6.png

Although I somewhat agree with you, wouldn't that make a Barrows set worth a hundred mil or so? :-|

On a slightly different topic, my friend and I were discussing how neat it would be if they released trimming pieces for Dragon armor. It seems like a better option than straight giving out Dragon armor from level 4 clues.

Well, last time they made the price go up because they didnt want to nerf the boots.

Since that didnt work, they will just be nerfing 3rd age instead and since 3rd Age's stats arent that great from before, it would be easier to nerf the price making it lower.

3rd Age was never meant to be a practical armour though, it's always just been there for looks/showing off. The bonuses are just so that it's not completely useless (& can be used while training/etc).

10xy5fk.png

Tanking in the dungeons sounds fun, not many know this but defensive attack style sets the boss on you because it thinks you're tanking same with monsters in the dungeon, it seems 3 months for this update?

I don't believe it I think this was in development before Dungeoneerings release in april.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

3rd Age was never meant to be a practical armour though, it's always just been there for looks/showing off. The bonuses are just so that it's not completely useless (& can be used while training/etc).

If it's not meant to be practical armour, it shouldn't be given stats that outclass every other item in the game at the time of release:

The kiteshield was by far the best shield in the game until the DFS came out.

The amulet was for a long time the best magic amulet by a huge margin. Thankfully Dungeoneering fixed that.

The platebody gives the highest crush defense in the game even now.

The vambraces still give the highest magic defense in the game.

The mage hat still gives the highest magic attack bonus (disregarding Zuriel's hood, and even then it's equal).

For those who don't like degrading gear, the full helm, platebody, platelegs, mage hat, robe top and robe bottoms still give the best stats in the game for their respective slots and classes.

EDIT: And yes, sometimes the difference is only minor, but that's beside the point. Show off items should be for showing off, not for maximising your stat boosts. What if partyhats gave +4 strength, for example?

Edited by MotherBrainII

The amulet was for a long time the best magic amulet by a huge margin.

+5 magic is hardly a huge margin, specially cause it only effected accuracy.

Infact, you could make the argument that glory amulet is better simply because it gives more attack bonuses in other areas as well as prayer, def, and strength bonuses.

Though yes, i agree its mostly something for showing off.

O.O

EDIT: And yes, sometimes the difference is only minor, but that's beside the point. Show off items should be for showing off, not for maximising your stat boosts. What if partyhats gave +4 strength, for example?

I don't think anyone would care if party hats gave +4 strength, because you'd still have to be [developmentally delayed] in order to fight in a dangerous pvp situation with one on in the first place.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I don't think anyone would care if party hats gave +4 strength, because you'd still have to be [developmentally delayed] in order to fight in a dangerous pvp situation with one on in the first place.

There's not only PvP, lol.

[404] Signature not found.

You would also have to be an idiot to risk a party hat while in a PvE combat situation. Happy?

Irregardless, you can't accurately compare a discontinued item to a rare item. Articultural is right to say that they aren't practical, because although the bonuses that they give over other armor is small, the rarity would discourage a lot of people from using them in a situation where they could lose them. The third age mage/range set are more economical than the melee set (149mil/111mil respectively versus 413 mil) but if you die and lose one or more pieces you are looking at a hassle getting them back. Meanwhile, God swords have descended to the old price of Barrows (well Bandos and Zamorak are around 25 mil), and are much easier to replace, by comparison, especially when factoring in their usefulness in combat.

As a result, Third Age is dutifully relegated to "Hey check out my cash flow" and the occasional player with an e-penis bigger than his mouth...wait, I think I'm using the wrong analogy.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

With today's update, there are now 4 or 5 different versions of the Frost Dragon (as there are 4 or 5 of all chromatic dragons) and they are all located near the end, far away from the original Dungeoneering one.

2dgucz6.png

With today's update, there are now 4 or 5 different versions of the Frost Dragon (as there are 4 or 5 of all chromatic dragons) and they are all located near the end, far away from the original Dungeoneering one.

Mind sharing? :P

Mind sharing? :P

Sure, but they aren't much different from the original.~~

14wx25x.png

All from the same angle with the same zoom. I believe the one on the far right is the new Revenant Dragon, but I haven't seen one in-game to be sure.

I guess there weren't 4 new versions, but at least 4 total...

2dgucz6.png

The point is that the Frost Dragon most likely won't be a boss monster or a monster that you can fight only once, slightly clarifying where they said "one-off rewards". If there are several different (albeit still very similar) versions, they are more likely located in a group, like normal chromatic dragons, and may well drop frost hides rather than some super-special and rather useless effect item.

2dgucz6.png

You would also have to be an idiot to risk a party hat while in a PvE combat situation. Happy?

Actually no, there are tons of PvE situations with no risk at all (and safe minigames like FoG).

[404] Signature not found.

"Do I really need an Anti-Fire Shield to protect against a *Frost* Dragon?"

No, but you do need a fire cape.

[/troll]

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Climbers were not rare, 3A is. That argument isn't valid in this case, as it is like comparing how filling cavier is to how filling a hamburger is. The hamburger meal is more filling, but isn't as "high quality".

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

It would be nice for a frost dragon to be the f2p first boss monster, BUT, there are serious problems with that. Firstly, f2p can't regenerate prayer, and secondly, something boss monster hard in f2p would be campable in p2p, and then you'd have to seriously consider how to play the drop tables, as it can't be the same, as it would be terrible for f2p or too good for p2p, or you can't balance it to give better rewards in f2p, as that wouldn't make any sense at all either.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

You think too hard about f2p.

If you give them a dungeon with dragons even simple green ones, then dbones will crash, noobs will cry, and there will be a huge rash of bots like the good old days.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

hell yes, dragons for f2p to kill would be nice for them, and could put dbones at say.....4-5k each, nothing monumental, it woudl be rapid at firsxt then gradualy fall to about 4k, but it will never be 2k or less again

a_final_name.png