Behind the Scenes - July

Tim

Because a picture says a thousand words, I'm gonna go ahead and sum this up with 3000 words - or 3 pictures.

NEW REWARD DUNGEONS!!!

[hide]w199l.jpg[/hide]

NEW QUEST WITH HIGH-END REQUIREMENTS!!!

[hide]2hnlwsm.jpg[/hide]

ELITE TREASURE TRAILS!!!!!

[hide]25hpcw7.jpg[/hide]

And yes, I do indeed like cats :thumbsup:

Oh and the climbing boots update?

[hide]1zb8h8y.jpg[/hide]

YOUR DOING IT WRONG. "lolcats" are unfunny.

Doing it right:

133143d1252671957-evora-racecar-house-do-want_thumbnail.jpg

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because a picture says a thousand words, I'm gonna go ahead and sum this up with 3000 words - or 3 pictures.

NEW REWARD DUNGEONS!!!

[hide]w199l.jpg[/hide]

NEW QUEST WITH HIGH-END REQUIREMENTS!!!

[hide]2hnlwsm.jpg[/hide]

ELITE TREASURE TRAILS!!!!!

[hide]25hpcw7.jpg[/hide]

And yes, I do indeed like cats :thumbsup:

Oh and the climbing boots update?

[hide]1zb8h8y.jpg[/hide]

YOUR DOING IT WRONG. "lolcats" are unfunny.

Doing it right:

133143d1252671957-evora-racecar-house-do-want_thumbnail.jpg

In regards to your criticism..

260ppuc.jpg

That better?

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Frost dragon = f2p boss?

Maybe, just maybe...

Sounds amazing. Now I can start doing treasure trails again. Time to sell all my current t-trail items, though.

EDIT: Also, if not known, there will be no game update this week.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

New rewards for treasure trails always excite me when released, I'm sure that the values will be HEAVILY degraded though (consiering the majority of my clues are junk :P), and maybe halloween masks because they sound very similar to the dragon masks which are going to be released. The higher level TTs will be an extra incentive for me to do Bork and Skele Horror though.

On aSkeletal horror matter: does anyone do this? My quets log (and bone sack) have been showing a message I can fight it in "a few minutes" for a couple of months now. I sent in a bug report, but heard no news on the matter.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Guys, there was some asinine update in June that really irked me, but for the life of me, I can't remember it after reading the BTS for July! Seriously, there looks to be so much "win" coming up next month. I especially like the resource dungeons (whether or not they had this planned from the get-go I'm not concerned with--I'll assume they listened to the playerbase, as I know these were suggested many times across fansites' forums). New treasure trails? Yes, please! Guaranteed TT rewards from every clue? Yes, please! Single player Dungeoneering support? Yes, please! New, high(er) level quest? Featuring the Wise Old Man? Yes, please!

I'll leave room for skepticism, and acknowledge that there are plenty of ways that July's updates could go wrong/be poorly implemented, but for now, I'll just look forward to these updates with the wide-eyed anticipation of a child on Christmas morning.

lizzenkov.png

I think Jagex is slowly trying to wear down the rare market. Think about it, first the came out with Crowns (Phats), now they are coming out with DRAGON masks (h'ween masks), holiday hat next? :thumbsup:

Spaz4010.png

I think Jagex is slowly trying to wear down the rare market. Think about it, first the came out with Crowns (Phats), now they are coming out with DRAGON masks (h'ween masks), holiday hat next? :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with that. We all know rares were just meant to show when you began playing, and aren't supposed to have a ridiculous worth. :wink:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

We’re also adding the Construction skill to Dungeoneering in the form of a new building spot to the smuggler’s room. Players with the appropriate Construction level will be able to create their own locations in the start room, whether it’s a prayer altar or farming spot, or even the new group gatestone portal (fantastic for getting your team about within larger dungeons), there’s bound to be something useful you can build (assuming you have the appropriate materials, of course).

YES! Finally putting that skill to good use :thumbsup:

Also, the other updates sound really awesome, too! Can't wait!

The treasure trail update might be to stop those unique items from gaining street price/ being (somewhat)bought out?

Staurolite.png

"So weve changed all of the existing trails to ensure that youll always get a unique, trail-specific reward every time you open the reward casket at the end!"

Is my only beef with the BTS. Treasure trails are a gamble(for now), and it's always a cool feeling to get something unique, whether it's worth 5k or 500k. I guess it could still be fun since there will be so many items it lowers the chance for every item... but knowing you're getting something cool every time is just bleh.

Oh well.. it's probably just me anyways.

"So weve changed all of the existing trails to ensure that youll always get a unique, trail-specific reward every time you open the reward casket at the end!"

Is my only beef with the BTS. Treasure trails are a gamble(for now), and it's always a cool feeling to get something unique, whether it's worth 5k or 500k. I guess it could still be fun since there will be so many items it lowers the chance for every item... but knowing you're getting something cool every time is just bleh.

I rather like the idea that you will always get a unique item from TT. You already have to get the clue scroll drop (although I'll admit, across the board, they're fairly common), but now the gamble comes from whether or not you'll get a useful/expensive item, or just some inexpensive TT piece.

lizzenkov.png

As far as I know, firelighters are a TT item, so.....

Staurolite.png

All the updates there seem somewhat pleasing. I'm looking most forward to the treasure trails, been waiting for a long time for a harder set of treasure trails.

And finally a high-requirement quest that I won't need to train for. :smile:

redarrows-1.png

Jagex..... If you do this... I WILL marry you. Serious, this sounds like an AMAZING MONTH!!! Not sure how the TT will mess up the economy. BUT MOAR RUNE ROCKS? WOOT WOOT

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Don't forget that there will be 150 extra items added, so rare items will probably stay rare. Of course, after this update a lot of players will do clues again, so there will be more supply for a while.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

I hope the frost dragon is a slayer monster ';...;' lol =D also, won't this drive up 3rd age prices even more? All these new rewards means 150 less chances of a 3rd age kite for example. Oh well I don't care :( well I do but... I can't afford it anyway lol. Suppose I better camp at abby demons and save up for some of the new TT items before they sky rocket when they come out.

Except your forgetting that you will ALWAYS get a TT unique item from clues.

I hope they don't screw up some of the new rewards like they did with 3a... I hope that, at least for the more useful rewards, like 3a prayer armour or holy range gear, regular players could actually get their hands on it. On the other hand, I don't mind if there's obscenely rare items that are only for show, that only merchers can get a hold of. Maybe those dragon masks? Although I kinda want one...

Also, hope they don't count say, firelighters as a unique TT item. OMG, you get firelighters with every clue! Hope that doesn't happen...

Oh, and with these new elite clues, I might start killing Bork again! And I might start killing the Horror...

...Holy Ranger gear? Don't we already have that?

I'm thinking prayer boost.

Before I go on the official forums, I will now predict what people are complaining about.

- Treasure Trail everytime: IT"LL CRASH THE ECONOMY, MAKE ALL THE DROPS WORTHLESS

-Dungeoneering exclusives: LOL TRYING TO PROMOTE YOUR FAIL SKILL, GF JAGEX

-WoM: REQUIREMENTS ARE TOO HIGH/LOW, WHO DO YOU THINK PLAYS THIS GAME

Everything: COVERING UP YOUR CONSPIRACY FOR THE CLIMBING BOOTS? LOL EVERYTHING IS FAIL.

Let's see how well I do.

Ahahahahahaha!

Er, please tell me YOU don't think any of those things.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Wow, it sure looks like an awesome month!

Dungeoneering update sounds awesome! I hope we'll be able to use the upgraded rings in regular Runescape aswell.

Treasure Trails sounds awesome aswell!

Masks might drop, but I don't care, I just hope the entire rare market crashes, that would be awesome :)

150+ new rewards sounds very nice! Sadly, I'm sure there'll be a lot of junk in it. A TT-exclusive every time is awesome! But now when it's one sweet, a firelighter or something worth 5gp. But for now, I'll wait and hope for the best.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

I'm looking forward to all the new updates to come. Sadly, I hate doing puzzles expecially the sliding ones we get in the TT.. :-#

+1 That is why I keep a lvl 3 clue scroll banked, I hate them. (Well, that and the needed tt-gear you need sometimes to finish a clue. Takes alot of bank space)

Dungeoneering update sounds awesome! I hope we'll be able to use the upgraded rings in regular Runescape aswell.

And take away the only decent reward from mobilising armies, leaving that minigame with nothing. I hope not. :blink:

edit: or they could make the option to imbue these rings...

I was kind off angry at first when the kingly-update came and introduced 'crowns', because I have a yellow partyhat and thought it would crash.

But the graphics ain't the same + alot of people would like to buy a partyhat and can't afford it, so a crown is a good substitute for them.

(replace phat with h'ween mask and crown with dragon mask for this update :razz: )

Smart business move giving BTS in a no-update week, noone is complaining now. :thumbup:

I can't see any updates I'm not looking forward to.

Dungeoneering dungeons will give people something to do until batch 2 is released. (hopefully no insane dung req's for now, they should keep those until batch 2 is released)

I wouldn't mind if they gave frost dragon to F2P, they should get rewarded for a high dung lvl too imo.

Bit low on quests and I would like to have seen elite diaries, but all at its time, that is ok.

Before I go on the official forums, I will now predict what people are complaining about.

- Treasure Trail everytime: IT"LL CRASH THE ECONOMY, MAKE ALL THE DROPS WORTHLESS

Everything: COVERING UP YOUR CONSPIRACY FOR THE CLIMBING BOOTS? LOL EVERYTHING IS FAIL.

Let's see how well I do.

Yes, actually. Though I only see one update they can screw up. That being TT, either they create a false hype, and the items aren't that great, or they create a glitch that gives you infinite items or something.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Let's see how well I do.

Yes, actually. Though I only see one update they can screw up. That being TT, either they create a false hype, and the items aren't that great, or they create a glitch that gives you infinite items or something.

Which they won't roll back and the few will be able to keep their "only hundreds" of items.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png