Dungeoneering Rants.

Pinkbullet3

I hate most people under 125 combat.

I hate most people who don't know how to rush.

I hate people who can't communicate.

I hate people clearing dead ends.

I hate people who don't even bother helping the team.

I hate people who are just slow.

I hate people who just hog the food.

I hate people who are dumb enough not to bring gate stones on large dungs.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it when people advertise "prestige runs"... What the heck is that? No one can explain it... If one's intending to do F23-26, just SAY that, don't say "prestige run" because no one knows what that is.

Either say what floors you're doing or tag a "RUSH" at the end of it.

-.-

Who doesn't know what a prestige run is? It's pretty self explanatory....

No it isnt.

Are you doing 5:5? Is it small? Are you doing complexity 1? Is it floor 17-25 or is a f1-10?

Just "prestige run" says nothing.

O.O

I hate it when people advertise "prestige runs"... What the heck is that? No one can explain it... If one's intending to do F23-26, just SAY that, don't say "prestige run" because no one knows what that is.

-.-

No it isnt.

Are you doing 5:5? Is it small? Are you doing complexity 1? Is it floor 17-25 or is a f1-10?

Prestige run assumes that the host is doing F1-to the highest level possible, as he has just reset and therefore prestiged.

-.-

No it isnt.

Prestige run assumes that the host is doing F1-to the highest level possible, as he has just reset and therefore prestiged.

Then why doesn't the host just advertise the floors that he's doing? Honestly, the "prestige run" part is HIGHLY unnecessary. -.-

And I added a new rant to the first page.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The silent people. :wall: Ask a question "does anyone have keys" - silence - inspect people via the ring and see that some guy has 5 keys and he's happily fishing some dusk eels in the middle of nowhere while the rest of the team is stuck.

The people who go apesh*t if you kill a dinosaur. :wall:

Player 1: Omgomg wer gonna loos exp becaus of u noob.

Player 2: No we are not going to lose exp if we kill a bovimastyx

Player 1: I dun believe you

Player 1 has left the team

Sephy.png

I hate the people that join your floor and leave 5 seconds once we started saying "oh sorry, did the floor".

I hate the people that rage quit once they die once, even if we're done with 75% of the dungeon and then something stupid like a mime room pops up.

Only happened once but a person left the dungeon because the rest of us were just trying to get some food drops while he was full health, nearly had a max inventory of food. Then proceeded to leave like an idiot.

I hate all the leroy jenkins of Dungeoneering.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I hate all the leroy jenkins of Dungeoneering.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PM me for fitocracy invite

Well, I just had a really fun time doing a dungeon... With a complete moron. So I wrote this...

1.) If you're going to Dungeoneer with a skiller, understand that they are not going to help you kill any monsters. Due to their low combat level, they will lower the levels of the opposition dramatically. My recent trek involved a Level: 77 player. The strongest monster we encountered was only Level: 16.

2.) Don't take every single morsel of food you see. Take what you need and leave some for the skiller. I cannot count how many times I've come across the Gluttonous Behemoth only to find my companion took all the food. After dying for the fifth time and watching the Behemoth heal to full health yet again, and being flamed continously for being weak, I left.

3.) Don't take all the drops. A skiller is at their best when they can, surprisingly, SKILL! If there's no resources for them to use, then they can't skill. What's the point of bringing them along? Now, some people let the skiller just sit in the starting room just so they fight weaker monsters, but this is, and I can tell you from experience, extremely boring for the skiller. I'd rather sit at the bank and Fletch all day. One hundred forty thousand Fletching experience beats one thousand Dungeoneering experience any day.

4.) Likewise, don't demand a skiller does everything for you. We know our place. We'll make your armour and your weapons, cook your food, and do puzzles and unblock doors that we need to. Demanding that we do it like you're doing us a favour is annoying.

5.) My personal favorite, if your level in a particular skill is lower than the skiller's level, which it very well could be, let the skiller do whatever it is you want to do if he's right there. Why use your own skills to make weaker equipment when you can let the skiller make you better equipment? My most recent trek featured a player I shall not name whose Mining level was actually higher than mine... By one level. This player bragged about being able to make himself armour when I could, in fact, make the same armour for him. And I already had the materials. Instead, he took limited resources, bought the supplies, and made the armour for himself.

6.) If you're playing as part of a team, use teamwork! A skiller knows what he can and can't do. Don't give him directions. "You need to make this and them imbue this and then repair it and then I can charge it." We know what we need to do. Just let us do it and help you instead of treating us like servants.

7.) Sometimes, you need to die. Let's face it, dying sucks no matter what you're doing. If you die in a dungeon, you're going to lose experience. But remember, your death does not affect the amount of experience other players receive. If you're going to whine over a death and leave the dungeon, you're not only cheating yourself out of experience, but you're also screwing over the other players. This is especially true with skillers. If there's only two of us, and you leave, the skiller most likely can't complete the dungeon.

If it wasn't obvious, I'm a skiller.

3.) Don't take all the drops. A skiller is at their best when they can, surprisingly, SKILL! If there's no resources for them to use, then they can't skill. What's the point of bringing them along?

Lower combat level, more XP in f2p. Lower combat level of monsters.

Skillings pretty useless in anything but a hard large anyway. Most of the time you can just survive on bound weapons and the food you find on the ground.

One hundred forty thousand Fletching experience beats one thousand Dungeoneering experience any day.

Dungeoneering is useful outside of a skillcape.

4.) Likewise, don't demand a skiller does everything for you. We know our place. We'll make your armour and your weapons, cook your food, and do puzzles and unblock doors that we need to. Demanding that we do it like you're doing us a favour is annoying.

Theres a thin line between demanding and asking.

And you cant blame them for asking you to do something, especially if its a lever/mime room.

5.) My personal favorite, if your level in a particular skill is lower than the skiller's level, which it very well could be, let the skiller do whatever it is you want to do if he's right there. Why use your own skills to make weaker equipment when you can let the skiller make you better equipment? My most recent trek featured a player I shall not name whose Mining level was actually higher than mine... By one level. This player bragged about being able to make himself armour when I could, in fact, make the same armour for him. And I already had the materials. Instead, he took limited resources, bought the supplies, and made the armour for himself.

Why even make armor!

O.O

I went dungeoneering with a weird guy recently who had a flip out that I wasn't helping kill stuff as often as the rest of the team during a rush....I was keying.

:D lol. MASS asterix spam!

pures suck when dungeoneering...why? you can't skill, you can't open doors, and often enough you die right away

why? you can't skill

I wasent aware that pures couldnt skill.

Not to mention skillings useless most of the time anyway.

you can't open doors

Again, i wasent aware that pures couldnt open doors, is this some unwritten rule im unaware of?

, and often enough you die right away

Not if you go in first and take the damage.

O.O

I hate people who have a full invent of food.

You don't need a full invent, usually I run around keying with 800 lp and like 1-2 pieces of food.

I decide who is the worst dungeoneer usually by who has the most food.

I always hate people that follow me when I'm keying.

If I need you I will call for you, go do your gd/puzzle/w/e I told you to do instead of wasting time following me.

I hate people that don't communicate.

You should always speak if you find a key/key door/skill door you can't do/altar.

I hate people that don't make tools/laws/astrals/cosmics at start.

If you don't do any of that and listen to me, I consider you a good dungeoneer.

Btw skillers are only useful in f2p to lower average combat level so you get double exp. They don't do anything else useful, except maybe make pots.

• 2 weeks later...

Btw skillers are only useful in f2p to lower average combat level so you get double exp. They don't do anything else useful, except maybe make pots.

They are also very useful in a c1 5:1 small rush.

But skillers suck anyway, I just team with friends and forget about lowered experience.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

People with high skills.

I have never had the most amazing skills but after dungeoneering you'll probably see me as the rank one player on scape from now on. I swear I am so over people having the skills to use that need ot be used before you can progress and simply not doing anything for 5 minutes and then being all, "oh sorry".

If they we're doing other rooms or making armour I could understand, but when they're actually killing time for the sake of it I get annoyed. So I should thank them in a way, thats my motivation for 2400 total lol, but really to those people I say

GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASSES AND HELP

/rant.

:)

4sDIn.png

People who don't talk.

This usually happens in duos. Effective dungeoneering is about communication, so it's pretty frustrating if I ask what the [bleep] you're doing and you don't respond.

I have never met people like that but I imagine it's annoying

Greedy people.

They take ALL the money in the dungeon. ALL OF IT. I usually never bother making armor, but these people insist on making full fractite and whatnot, so they have to get upwards of 100k+. Holy crap guys.

People need to L2DG

Those who [bleep] up the switches and mime rooms.

Now I'm lax about messing up once and then doing it right afterwards, but sometimes people will get it wrong like 3 or 4 times in a row, almost to the point where I'm (and nearly everyone else, for that matter) about to die... It's not that hard when I say "Everyone pull on GO," is it?

People need to L2Smrt

People who say "prestige run."

Unnecessary. Especially for people who have prestige 35, where trying to get a higher prestige doesn't even mean anything. But still, it makes a whole lot more sense when you say "F1-10!" rather than "F1-10 prestige run."

Sure

The lack of the group finding system usage.

Jagex implemented it, SO NOT WHY JUST USE THE DAMN THING. STOP SCREAMING "F26" IN THE LOBBY FFS.

People don't use it because people don't use it.

Anything that annoys the hell out of you when you're dungeoneering? ("Stop referring to dungeoneering as 'Dung!'" Hahaha, jk.)

You speak the truth: DG sounds so much cooler than dung

I hate people who have a full invent of food.

You don't need a full invent, usually I run around keying with 800 lp and like 1-2 pieces of food.

I decide who is the worst dungeoneer usually by who has the most food.

I always hate people that follow me when I'm keying.

If I need you I will call for you, go do your gd/puzzle/w/e I told you to do instead of wasting time following me.

I hate people that don't communicate.

You should always speak if you find a key/key door/skill door you can't do/altar.

I hate people that don't make tools/laws/astrals/cosmics at start.

If you don't do any of that and listen to me, I consider you a good dungeoneer.

Well well said. Lol people need to learn to tank and survive with minimal food... don't be sittin in a room full of shades, not pray, and eat up 15 salves that could have saved my life

My list of grievances:

Kids who:

-- Ask "whos tools"

-- Take armor on the table and don't give to keys

-- Food hog

-- Don't gate to help the keyer

-- Don't follow orders

-- Think they can DG but can't

-- Don't pick up all keys they see

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I hate the ability to force the tiles on the RC grid. I really wish the confirm force message was brought back and the damage recieved doubled.

I hate people who sit in the five ferret room, especially when they're near a tile and making it impossible to position the ferret onto the tile.

I hate people who can't solve the ferret island in less than three throws - there is a reason you only get exp for the first 3 vile fish.

I hate people who stop fighting so that they can go mine some frac nearby and leave the rest of the team to the lvl-111 shade.

I hate w1 and it's constant server lag.

I hate people who insist to craft their 300 rune essence into combat runes when they have the only key or are required in a 5man room - ggs portal + Home tele says hi.

I hate rangers who don't light the pillers in the nightgazer boss.

I hate people who 'cbf' to buy a toolkit.

I hate people who open the door when I unlocked it.

I hate jagex for making invisible -50% exp. As someone else said move Construction -> complex4. Make Free to play limit to complex 3.

1yrb49.jpg

Uggh, the mime room... There's always some dolt who can't tell the difference between "nod" and "shake head". People who don't communicate are also really frusturating. Especially when they have the level to open a door or complete a puzzle, and just don't listen. Sometimes people even pick favorites among the party, and make them armor, give them food, etc. and ignore everyone else. It's especially aggrivating when someone runs around a room full of monsters, picking up all the loot when the rest of the party is fighting to stay alive. Once someone begs them for food long enough, they give them an eel or two and act like some kind of heroic lifesaver. GOSH, some people...

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

This one isn't so much a big deal, but I was in a 4:4 med and I had to wait a good 10 minutes for the other 3 to prep for boss. They'd be taking their merry time fishing, cooking, asking where I am while I'm browsing the forums waiting to go...

I mean, preparing is important, but these people were over level 90, so fighting a 143 boss shouldn't be too big a deal.

-_-

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

This one isn't so much a big deal, but I was in a 4:4 med and I had to wait a good 10 minutes for the other 3 to prep for boss. They'd be taking their merry time fishing, cooking, asking where I am while I'm browsing the forums waiting to go...

I mean, preparing is important, but these people were over level 90, so fighting a 143 boss shouldn't be too big a deal.

-_-

Who was the boss? If it was Shadow-forger Ihlakhizan or Bal'lak the Pummeller, it's understandable.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention