Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dungeoneering Rants.

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

MisTurk
[ Display Name History ]

MisTurk

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
Yay jagex makes a new skill and its a pain in the backside, woo. On a serious note, theres not enough introduction to this skill, and I've currently got level 6 dungeoneering with no clue whatsoever what to do half the time, how to make money or such. Though I know what you're ranting about would annoy you greatly, you can't expect people to pick up a skill with such a bad introduction and explanation and be awesome at it, I just flicked on turmoil and soul split and one item'd the bosses in the tutorial myself.
Though actually yeh, I most probably have done half of what you guys have said not to do, logged out, afk and such :|
Posted Image

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Nomrombom

So today, I did F35 5:5 large that consisted of two skillers and three fighters (98, 108, and me). As you might already know, having these skillers in your group doubles your exp. (anyone care to explain? This is just what I heard from Medaragon). In the end, I got 40k. My previous personal-record was 23k...

But the point is, these two skillers basically leeched because they can pretty much do nothing but maybe make some runes. Your guys' opinions on these leechers/skillers? (They leech and get massive exp., you work hard and get massive exp.)

My understanding is that in f2p, if your average combat level is below 90, you get the full exp, compared to 1/2 if you're over 90. That's why the skillers (I'm assuming they're low levels) bring up your exp.

So they're helping you, but if you think they're leeching, then find someone better next time. Someone who can cook food for you guys :^_^:

That's [developmentally delayed]ed rofl.
Are you serious?
Just because you are high level your exp gets cut in half?

Jamflex did it so members can't go on F2P servers and gain massive XP. Even then, it makes no sense and is [developmentally delayed].
PM me for fitocracy invite

Pinkbullet3
[ Display Name History ]

Pinkbullet3

Bite Me!

• Members
  • 3,878 posts
I hate it when people advertise "prestige runs"... What the heck is that? No one can explain it... If one's intending to do F23-26, just SAY that, don't say "prestige run" because no one knows what that is.

Either say what floors you're doing or tag a "RUSH" at the end of it.

-.-
Posted Image
^ Blog.

Posted Image

Dognapalm
[ Display Name History ]

Dognapalm

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 8 posts

I hate it when people advertise "prestige runs"... What the heck is that? No one can explain it... If one's intending to do F23-26, just SAY that, don't say "prestige run" because no one knows what that is.

-.-

Who doesn't know what a prestige run is? It's pretty self explanatory....

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts
Ok, here are the list of things I really don't like about teammates in dunging.

People who turn public/private chat friends or off. If you do that, you're basically disabling the ability for disconnected teammates to rejoin.

People who try to "help" somebody doing a puzzle. Really, unless it's mime/switch, leave that person alone. Having more people doing a single puzzle just wastes time.

People who don't bother to prepare for a 5:5 boss fight. Good luck surviving against a level 200 boss monster with no food.

People who take the keys on the ground, when I SPECIFICALLY say I'm the key holder. And they refuse to let it go.

People who put a combat level requirement when advertising teams. Combat doesn't matter, it's how you play the dungeons that matters.

The rest, Pink and Zaaps pretty much summed it up.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

AnneFrank
[ Display Name History ]

AnneFrank

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 697 posts
  • RSN:AnneFrank
  • RSN2:Hold_Drink
  • Clan:True 0wnage
I hate most people under 125 combat.
I hate most people who don't know how to rush.
I hate people who can't communicate.
I hate people clearing dead ends.
I hate people who don't even bother helping the team.
I hate people who are just slow.
I hate people who just hog the food.
I hate people who are dumb enough not to bring gate stones on large dungs.

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath

-.-

No it isnt.

Are you doing 5:5? Is it small? Are you doing complexity 1? Is it floor 17-25 or is a f1-10?

Just "prestige run" says nothing.
O.O

Dognapalm
[ Display Name History ]

Dognapalm

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 8 posts

-.-

No it isnt.

Are you doing 5:5? Is it small? Are you doing complexity 1? Is it floor 17-25 or is a f1-10?

Prestige run assumes that the host is doing F1-to the highest level possible, as he has just reset and therefore prestiged.

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
When you make that assumption, you get stuck with a party member who has 20 dung, who wants to do f5-9 or something stupid.
O.O

Pinkbullet3
[ Display Name History ]

Pinkbullet3

Bite Me!

• Members
  • 3,878 posts

-.-

No it isnt.

Prestige run assumes that the host is doing F1-to the highest level possible, as he has just reset and therefore prestiged.

Then why doesn't the host just advertise the floors that he's doing? Honestly, the "prestige run" part is HIGHLY unnecessary. -.-

And I added a new rant to the first page.
Posted Image
^ Blog.

Posted Image

Sephy_
[ Display Name History ]

Sephy_

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Sephy
The silent people. :wall: Ask a question "does anyone have keys" - silence - inspect people via the ring and see that some guy has 5 keys and he's happily fishing some dusk eels in the middle of nowhere while the rest of the team is stuck.

The people who go apesh*t if you kill a dinosaur. :wall:

Player 1: Omgomg wer gonna loos exp becaus of u noob.
Player 2: No we are not going to lose exp if we kill a bovimastyx
Player 1: I dun believe you
Player 1 has left the team

GibberEsh
[ Display Name History ]

GibberEsh

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 480 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Gibber Esh
I hate the people that join your floor and leave 5 seconds once we started saying "oh sorry, did the floor".

I hate the people that rage quit once they die once, even if we're done with 75% of the dungeon and then something stupid like a mime room pops up.

Only happened once but a person left the dungeon because the rest of us were just trying to get some food drops while he was full health, nearly had a max inventory of food. Then proceeded to leave like an idiot.

Saru Inc
[ Display Name History ]

Saru Inc

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,463 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Saru Inc
  • RSN2:Saruman44
  • RSN '07:Thengel55
  • Clan:SODB
I hate all the leroy jenkins of Dungeoneering.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
  • RSN:Nomrombom

I hate all the leroy jenkins of Dungeoneering.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PM me for fitocracy invite

Dmoc5
[ Display Name History ]

Dmoc5

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 38 posts
What's with the hate on killing dinos ... just curious.

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
Because people are stupid.
O.O

Symela
[ Display Name History ]

Symela

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
Well, I just had a really fun time doing a dungeon... With a complete moron. So I wrote this...

1.) If you're going to Dungeoneer with a skiller, understand that they are not going to help you kill any monsters. Due to their low combat level, they will lower the levels of the opposition dramatically. My recent trek involved a Level: 77 player. The strongest monster we encountered was only Level: 16.

2.) Don't take every single morsel of food you see. Take what you need and leave some for the skiller. I cannot count how many times I've come across the Gluttonous Behemoth only to find my companion took all the food. After dying for the fifth time and watching the Behemoth heal to full health yet again, and being flamed continously for being weak, I left.

3.) Don't take all the drops. A skiller is at their best when they can, surprisingly, SKILL! If there's no resources for them to use, then they can't skill. What's the point of bringing them along? Now, some people let the skiller just sit in the starting room just so they fight weaker monsters, but this is, and I can tell you from experience, extremely boring for the skiller. I'd rather sit at the bank and Fletch all day. One hundred forty thousand Fletching experience beats one thousand Dungeoneering experience any day.

4.) Likewise, don't demand a skiller does everything for you. We know our place. We'll make your armour and your weapons, cook your food, and do puzzles and unblock doors that we need to. Demanding that we do it like you're doing us a favour is annoying.

5.) My personal favorite, if your level in a particular skill is lower than the skiller's level, which it very well could be, let the skiller do whatever it is you want to do if he's right there. Why use your own skills to make weaker equipment when you can let the skiller make you better equipment? My most recent trek featured a player I shall not name whose Mining level was actually higher than mine... By one level. This player bragged about being able to make himself armour when I could, in fact, make the same armour for him. And I already had the materials. Instead, he took limited resources, bought the supplies, and made the armour for himself.

6.) If you're playing as part of a team, use teamwork! A skiller knows what he can and can't do. Don't give him directions. "You need to make this and them imbue this and then repair it and then I can charge it." We know what we need to do. Just let us do it and help you instead of treating us like servants.

7.) Sometimes, you need to die. Let's face it, dying sucks no matter what you're doing. If you die in a dungeon, you're going to lose experience. But remember, your death does not affect the amount of experience other players receive. If you're going to whine over a death and leave the dungeon, you're not only cheating yourself out of experience, but you're also screwing over the other players. This is especially true with skillers. If there's only two of us, and you leave, the skiller most likely can't complete the dungeon.

If it wasn't obvious, I'm a skiller.

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts

3.) Don't take all the drops. A skiller is at their best when they can, surprisingly, SKILL! If there's no resources for them to use, then they can't skill. What's the point of bringing them along?

Lower combat level, more XP in f2p. Lower combat level of monsters.

Skillings pretty useless in anything but a hard large anyway. Most of the time you can just survive on bound weapons and the food you find on the ground.

One hundred forty thousand Fletching experience beats one thousand Dungeoneering experience any day.

Dungeoneering is useful outside of a skillcape.

4.) Likewise, don't demand a skiller does everything for you. We know our place. We'll make your armour and your weapons, cook your food, and do puzzles and unblock doors that we need to. Demanding that we do it like you're doing us a favour is annoying.

Theres a thin line between demanding and asking.

And you cant blame them for asking you to do something, especially if its a lever/mime room.

5.) My personal favorite, if your level in a particular skill is lower than the skiller's level, which it very well could be, let the skiller do whatever it is you want to do if he's right there. Why use your own skills to make weaker equipment when you can let the skiller make you better equipment? My most recent trek featured a player I shall not name whose Mining level was actually higher than mine... By one level. This player bragged about being able to make himself armour when I could, in fact, make the same armour for him. And I already had the materials. Instead, he took limited resources, bought the supplies, and made the armour for himself.

Why even make armor!
O.O

ArmadylArcher
[ Display Name History ]

ArmadylArcher

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I went dungeoneering with a weird guy recently who had a flip out that I wasn't helping kill stuff as often as the rest of the team during a rush....I was keying.

:D lol. MASS asterix spam!

pures suck when dungeoneering...why? you can't skill, you can't open doors, and often enough you die right away

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts

why? you can't skill

I wasent aware that pures couldnt skill.

Not to mention skillings useless most of the time anyway.

you can't open doors

Again, i wasent aware that pures couldnt open doors, is this some unwritten rule im unaware of?

, and often enough you die right away

Not if you go in first and take the damage.
O.O

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users