RuneFest Tickets Sold Out & Venue Location

@Dan3HitU

I can't believe you guys are still complaining about the stupid flag. When it was announced and I saw the reaction from the majority of tip it members, I lost a lot of respect for this board.

Agreed. If anything, paying ticket holders should get more than just a lousy flag. I'm going to Blizzcon and our goodie bags have in game pets, toys, coupons, beta keys...bunch of cool stuff and it costs significantly less for me to fly to LA than London. I'll probably sell half that swag on ebay to pay for my hotel room/food. All you lucky guys and gals going to Runefest should get at least that much, i wouldn't be jealous because it's an incentive for you to buy a ticket!

However if for next Runefest Jagex has a cool lootbag and exclusive stuff, I may go because i've always wanted to go to England and watch real football matches <3: And maybe meet some guildies, that's the highlight of it for me really.

This really gets down to the morals of cheating versus the morals of being forced to throw away your life [1000's of hours] to access content you enjoy

Isn't life about throwing away your life (a job) to access content you enjoy?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch parking spots be $20, name tags be $20, complimentary free games will be $2 surcharge per game, and then ofc mandatory tips for all staff. Thus ending at around $125.

What games would Jagex be handing out in their gift bags? World of Warcraft!

I couldn't help but chuckle at that, Omali.. heh.

They need to have the next one on Antarctica. I would totally go to that one.

Dont forget to stick a price tag of 400 pounds on it and we see who the REAL dedicated players are! Its proves your dedicated loyalty for an event that will be held in a small igloo home to a pola bear and its family. Thats all the details released as of yet. Jk.

(Remember that they state that the event will be somewhere in antartica but have to wait untill sold out to know exactly.)

But seriously. I sure it be a great event. Just the prep is in jagex usual standard and is quite amusing.

Just FYI . . . polar bears don't live in Antarctica ;)

Back on topic, this is the first time Jagex has ever done something like this. Let's wait and see how it goes. If they mess up next year . . . then let the nerds rage?

Btw: I am not attending Runefest since it is outside of my circumstances and I am ok with that B)

I know =p Or rather it didnt matter as just kiddin anyway.

I feel like I've been made stupid by Jamflex.

I argue for over a week with my family trying to get £150 for 2 tickets, resulting in failure. Then Jagex decide to make them free, claiming that they were trying to find the "dedicated fans"?

Pathetic.

So I'm clearly not a dedicated fan because I couldn't afford it.

What are they going to do next year? Free tickets, then 2 days before charge everyone £100 to find out the most dedicated fans again?

Or you could get a job and stop pretending like Jagex owes you RuneFest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The thing I find most offensive is that this doesn't bring the most committed players, it brings the RICHEST players, which doesn't seem like the sort of thing Jagex should be doing given their preference for equality.

Are you joking? spending $75 to go to an epic, possibly one time only, runescape event and meeting the creators of the game that controls many of our lives is hardly asking too much. if money was really that much of a problem you could have just canceled your membership for a few months and gotten cash together. to call it "offensive" is a complete overstatement. according to your logic, Jagex is wrong to charge 5.95 a month for membership and give the "richest" people who can afford it a better game.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

The thing I find most offensive is that this doesn't bring the most committed players, it brings the RICHEST players, which doesn't seem like the sort of thing Jagex should be doing given their preference for equality.

Are you joking? spending $75 to go to an epic, possibly one time only, runescape event and meeting the creators of the game that controls many of our lives is hardly asking too much. if money was really that much of a problem you could have just canceled your membership for a few months and gotten cash together. to call it "offensive" is a complete overstatement. according to your logic, Jagex is wrong to charge 5.95 a month for membership and give the "richest" people who can afford it a better game.

The thing is...

They didn't tell the exact location, they didn't even tell what was going to happen.

75 pounds (which is 113$ btw) is alot for some to pay in blind faith.

+ They promised an update "soon", which was over two months ago. That update was that tickets were sold out. Lol.

Also: comparing membership, which pays for RS as a whole, to this event, which the surplus was meant to go to charity, is strange to say the least.

Those "richest" people you talk about pay for everything and get the whole package, non-members pay nothing and get a free meal -> seems kinda fair.

This event is paid by every member and only those who got fully refunded get the whole package, the rest is left with scratch. -> kinda unfair if you ask me

This event is paid by every member and only those who got fully refunded get the whole package, the rest is left with scratch. -> kinda unfair if you ask me

The paying members are paying for member's benefits, not runefest benefits.

Seventy five pounds isn't that much for any kind of one-time convention. I've gone to concerts that cost more.

Personally, I'd be pretty into it if I was in the UK - I'd love the chance to actually meet some of the developers.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

Personally, I'd be pretty into it if I was in the UK - I'd love the chance to actually meet some of the developers.

"Here's what I think of your climbing boot update!"

bush-shoe-throw-03.gif

This really gets down to the morals of cheating versus the morals of being forced to throw away your life [1000's of hours] to access content you enjoy

Isn't life about throwing away your life (a job) to access content you enjoy?

"Here's what I think of your climbing boot update!"

bush-shoe-throw-03.gif

More like, so what item are you planning on increasing its value by over 9000% next? So we can all stock up on it :twisted:

Not that I can go anyway

2vuhgcn.png

A small question.

Do you get your refund when you enter Runefest and give in your ticket or do you get it even if you don't actually comes to Runefest?

Because then you would get that Flagstaff of Festivities for practicly free if you don't have to come.

The refund goes back to the card the original payment was taken from. This is done automatically by ticketmaster. You do NOT need to attend Runefest to get the refund.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

my mistake on the exact pricing, i didn't have a converter handy. i know it was a bit shady that they didn't tell the location but its not like we're dealing with a random company with a bad reputation, this is jagex after all. and the price is completely reasonable imo, when lil wayne came to my city i splurged $138 for tickets. "why" you might ask? because i thought it would be cool to see a guy who was at the forefront of rap. not only was it an amazing show but now that he's in jail and won't be touring for a long time i feel like it was a "risk" worth taking. we live in a world where (at least in america) going to see a 3-d movie costs $11.25. its hard to order a filling meal from dominoes pizza without spending $14. you need to ask yourself if the price is worth it. when kanye west and lupe fiasco came to my city the ticket was only a modest $68. that was another great experience. and although it was 3 years ago this summer, i still remember it vividly. was it money well spent? YES. it was when kanye had GREAT songs along with lupe. i doubt kanye will tour again unless he has a breakthrough and lupe is giving up on rap after his next album.

if i lived in the UK, i would have bought a ticket for runefest. you never know, by this time next year jagex could go bankrupt

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Damn, If I only would have known this before. I would have bought a ticket to get the Flagstaff of Festivities...

Why would you want a commemorative item for something you have no intention on attending? Seems like a bit of a phony to me. Equivalent to buying a London Marathon medal off the internet without running it or buying a University jersey without going to one.

I could have gone...but my 18th birthday is 6 days after the event..fml

You could buy a ticket to Runefest at 16+ you just cant buy anything from the bar unless you are 18. fyl.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Damn, If I only would have known this before. I would have bought a ticket to get the Flagstaff of Festivities...

Why would you want a commemorative item for something you have no intention on attending? Seems like a bit of a phony to me. Equivalent to buying a London Marathon medal off the internet without running it or buying a University jersey without going to one.

Because I work that whole weekend, So I couldn't attend even if I got a ticket. =S

Because I work that whole weekend, So I couldn't attend even if I got a ticket. =S

That still doesnt answer the question of why you would want a commemorative item for something you are not attending (even if its not by choice).

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

That still doesnt answer the question of why you would want a commemorative item for something you are not attending (even if its not by choice).

Why do people only see it as a "commemorative item", it is a cool item to have wether or not you are going...

On the runefest-website it was announced as followed:

"Buying a ticket to RuneFest will entitle you to an exclusive free RuneScape item! This item will never be made available again, so the only way to get it is to make sure you get a ticket to RuneFest. The RuneFest Flag is a prestige item that players will be able to plant in the ground to show off - a feature that no other item in the game shares - as well as having lots of features like the ability to set off fireworks, sound triumphal horns, and loads more! You'll be able to collect this item before RuneFest itself, and it will continue to improve in the run-up to the event."

Could you name me another item that sets off fireworks? :unsure:

We went over this whole topic on the previous thread.

Some people like collecting stuff. Now this flag is as far as we know is a once in a lifetime item for normal players.

Not everyone likes the fact that they "missed out on" a kind of holiday commemorative item.

I argue for over a week with my family trying to get £150 for 2 tickets, resulting in failure. Then Jagex decide to make them free, claiming that they were trying to find the "dedicated fans"?

Pathetic.

What are they going to do next year? Free tickets, then 2 days before charge everyone £100 to find out the most dedicated fans again?

God sake, not this again.

I'm:

A) Underaged to get a job

B ) Taking my GCSEs eliminating free time (revising and whatnot)

C) Doing out of school activities leaving me with just a Sunday free.

Besides, I'm not as annoyed as I am when I first found that out. OBVIOUSLY when someone finds something out for the first time that would annoy them, but you gradually understand why it was made. Jagex have done this so they can find out their *true* fans, and clearly I'm not a *true* fan because I didn't (or couldn't) go. So what? Being a RuneFest fan won't go on my CV! :P

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Pathetic.

God sake, not this again.

I'm:

A) Underaged to get a job

B ) Taking my GCSEs eliminating free time (revising and whatnot)

C) Doing out of school activities leaving me with just a Sunday free.

Besides, I'm not as annoyed as I am when I first found that out. OBVIOUSLY when someone finds something out for the first time that would annoy them, but you gradually understand why it was made. Jagex have done this so they can find out their *true* fans, and clearly I'm not a *true* fan because I didn't (or couldn't) go. So what? Being a RuneFest fan won't go on my CV! :P

Actually, no. Jagex did this to cover costs, not to have a nice little game to find out who their fans are. Until they rolled RuneFest in to their marketing budget, the 75 dollar ticket was purely to cover costs (profits were going to be donated to charity). Next time read up on something before talking about it. You don't even know what you were being offended about. Pathetic.

I would include an obligatory comment about how teenagers don't understand anything, but i'm pretty sure you're a lost cause as you've taken a paranoid schizophrenic view of the whole affair.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I don't have a reason except wanting to have a item that is a one time only chance to get like holiday items.

I have a feeling that if they ever decide to repeat this event and once again charge a price for it, the number of players that will buy a ticket thinking they will get a special item as well as a refund will find themselves paying the full price.

I have a feeling their second Runefest will be very profitable!

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I have a feeling that if they ever decide to repeat this event and once again charge a price for it, the number of players that will buy a ticket thinking they will get a special item as well as a refund will find themselves paying the full price.

I have a feeling their second Runefest will be very profitable!

Rofl... never thought about it this way, but you're right. That's actually really crafty... there will definitely be people who would think they'll end up getting their refund and will only pay for that, then, when Jagex don't refund... lulz. :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].