RuneFest Tickets Sold Out & Venue Location

@Dan3HitU

This is a fail. From Jagex's side. You should really not be giving out tickets for free, when you have first charged for them. And then to inform so lately about it...I'm sure that they have made a lot of players irritated because of this. Even though I don't care much about RuneFest and won't go myself, I think that this is honestly a very bad move from Jagex's side.

With the leak on the old Runefest website saying it was going to be at the Olympia it seems more likely that there was a change in the focus of the event to something on a smaller scale. This enabled Jagex to refund the ticket cost. I do not believe that this was the intention from the start. Players get irritated at anything Jagex do.

A sign that they mess up at almost anything they do. I hate to admit it too, but it is quickly becoming more and more apparant. Just hope that they fix that real sharpish and get back to how they used to be :(

How so? This is their first event, they had no idea of interest levels and it was always going to be a test for them. I'm sure they've learnt a lot of things from this which if they decide to do another event should improve that.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a fail. From Jagex's side. You should really not be giving out tickets for free, when you have first charged for them. And then to inform so lately about it...I'm sure that they have made a lot of players irritated because of this. Even though I don't care much about RuneFest and won't go myself, I think that this is honestly a very bad move from Jagex's side.

With the leak on the old Runefest website saying it was going to be at the Olympia it seems more likely that there was a change in the focus of the event to something on a smaller scale. This enabled Jagex to refund the ticket cost. I do not believe that this was the intention from the start. Players get irritated at anything Jagex do.

A sign that they mess up at almost anything they do. I hate to admit it too, but it is quickly becoming more and more apparant. Just hope that they fix that real sharpish and get back to how they used to be :(

Ya, Jagex used to be so professional at organizing real-life events. Oh wait, this is the first one ever, get a brain.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

schedule1.jpg

schedule2.jpg

schedule3.jpg

insider.jpg

meet1.jpg

meet2.jpg

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Well at least now they know the most devoted players willing to spend £75 will be going. Its a good little trick.

That was really clever. :thumbsup:

Mercifull, on 18 August 2010 - 06:49 AM, said:

Let's be honest. If Jagex gave the tickets for free at the beginning it would have sold out within minutes, mostly from people who have no real intention of actually going.

Uh-huh.

The way they did it worked out but as many have also pointed out, what about next year?

I suppose they could have no tickets, as in a free walk-in for everyone but activity booths have tickets that you pay for.

Were media people and prominent bloggers/fan site webmasters also invited to go for free? It's the least they could do seeing as these people are giving Jagex free publicity. :)

Yes some media people and fansite admins were invited for free. Not me though... i had to pay lol

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Apparently finalists have been contacted. Someone copy and pasted something mod crow said. I don't have a message so looks like I wasn't successful :'(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Apparently finalists have been contacted. Someone copy and pasted something mod crow said. I don't have a message so looks like I wasn't successful :'(

Same. :( Oh well.

Still havent gotten my tickets. :blink:

I would call ticketmaster. Although I did only get mine yesterday. Just from what i hear they supposedly dispatched them all on the 10th :s

Ya, Jagex used to be so professional at organizing real-life events. Oh wait, this is the first one ever, get a brain.

A sign that they mess up at almost anything they do.

Yeah, I can't remember saying they mess up at all RL events the do, funnily enough this is included in the anything part.

EDIT: Typo

You try organising an event without knowing how many people are likely to come as you have exactly ZERO information on this. I'm sure they had to make changes to their plans based on how many people were buying tickets, there's nothing they could have really done to have predicted that. It's not really a huge blunder either.

Hmm you know, organizing real-life events isn't a rocket science and lots of people do it. :) I myself have had experience helping out with huge events. Event planning is a nice business. You have to be very detail-oriented, patient, calm and not easily flustered by every little thing. I don't see where Jagex has messed anything up here, plans almost always change when you have an event so you have to be flexible.

Things like changes in venue or ticket pricing is pretty normal.

What would be messed up is if they gave away tickets for free and no one came!

should had sold my ticket in ebay i see they been sold for 60 pounds lol

but i received mine way too late (today) to do anything with it anymore so it will remain unused for now.

You still have time to give it to someone that actually wants to go. They could collect it from you in person.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Still waiting for my tickets.

Contacted ticketmaster but it was "too soon for them to do anything about it" and "the tickets were dispatched recently". :ohnoes:

Still waiting for my tickets.

Contacted ticketmaster but it was "too soon for them to do anything about it" and "the tickets were dispatched recently". :ohnoes:

Jagex have said if you have booking confirmation + photo ID you'll be able to get in if you don't have your ticket.

You can watch the live text feed on the BBC site on your phone :P Don't miss runefest!

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I don't know how many tipiters are going to Runefest but I'm sure those that are will post plenty of pics :)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I find it odd they ask for photo id when there isnt even a name on the ticket... :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

You ordered your ticket with a credit card or soemthing similar, didnt you?

Thats your photo ID comparisson right there...

So if another name is on that card, I'd make a photo copy of the card also, just to be safe...

EDIT:

PS; I'm posting a whole review of the event (and everything related to it, leading up to, and afterwards) on the Tip.it Times...

You'll recognize me easily cuz I have a Tip.it Times ID stuck in my hat just like them old journalists, and that should make me well over 2m tall...

ANYTHING you want me to consider for the review, PM it to me here (links to pics and vids plz) or speak to me at the venue!

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!