RuneFest Tickets Sold Out & Venue Location

@Dan3HitU

Just got back home from this, have a lot of awesome stuff to say and will do a full write-up with that in it. Getting to meet the people who have made this game, the people I've known for a long time and just generally other players who love this game was fantastic.

Oh also, Mod Titan confirmed sailing for 2050 release date while I was at Jagex, and the next skill is "Installing PCs" according to one of the white boards there.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew told me the next skill was standing in a bank chatting!

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Andrew told me the next skill was standing in a bank chatting!

Ah yes, this was confirmed at the Q&A with him. They're separate skills, Bank Standing and Talking. Unfortunately they're unable to retroactively give you XP for them though.

Shame, I'd be level 120 if they did.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Don't expect too much about Runefest 2011. This year was a huge event for them and it took a lot of staff away from their regular jobs making the game we all enjoy. I really hope there is one next year but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a bit smaller next time.

Uh... it didn't take away any game development at all. The development team isn't part of the Marketing / Community Management Teams. The only thing the developers did was show up to the actual event to take part in the insider sessions.

Next time try not making stuff up.

Exactly - they're still away from Jagex HQ, away from programming and making the game. Of all people Mercifull would know because he was actually there.

Ya, developers were away from Jagex HQ. For one day. On a weekend.

Are you guys trying to be braindead? Planning was done by the marketing and community management teams. I don't care if Hitler was there, programmers have nothing to do with RuneFest. The fact that we got content on the week of RuneFest should already show you this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

xxshady stop keeping on, you weren't there you have no idea of the work involved.

p.s. fixed the images i posted earlier on

[hide=pics]19qc.jpg

Andrew Gower

19qd.jpg

Paul Gower

19qg.jpg

MMG[/hide]

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

xxshady stop keeping on, you weren't there you have no idea of the work involved.

[hide=pics]19qc.jpg

Andrew Gower

19qd.jpg

Paul Gower

19qg.jpg

MMG[/hide]

The work involved wasn't done by [bleep]ing programmers moron.

Quote Chain

[hide]

Don't expect too much about Runefest 2011. This year was a huge event for them and it took a lot of staff away from their regular jobs making the game we all enjoy. I really hope there is one next year but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a bit smaller next time.

Uh... it didn't take away any game development at all. The development team isn't part of the Marketing / Community Management Teams. The only thing the developers did was show up to the actual event to take part in the insider sessions.

Exactly - they're still away from Jagex HQ, away from programming and making the game. Of all people Mercifull would know because he was actually there.

Are you guys trying to be braindead? Planning was done by the marketing and community management teams. I don't care if Hitler was there, programmers have nothing to do with RuneFest. The fact that we got content on the week of RuneFest should already show you this.

[/hide]

The planning was done by the marketing team but the actual input into the presentations would have been done by the developers.

Also you're wrong about the update. The developers had completed the development of the mini-game and clothing updates probably by early last week even if that and it was down to the testing department to make sure it was bug free before release and I'm not sure whether they turned up.

[hide=pics]19qc.jpg

Andrew Gower

19qd.jpg

Paul Gower

19qg.jpg

MMG[/hide]

The work involved wasn't done by [bleep]ing programmers moron.

Nice come back.

Not to further this argument, but a lot of time had clearly gone in to creating the presentations by various members of different teams (they had several members from each department on stage), and they had a number of rehearsals as was mentioned in one of the sessions I saw. So yeah, a lot of man hours were 'lost' from that alone.

Anyway... I had a lot of fun at the day. I got to see the genesis and dungeoneering insider sessions, which were very insightful. I saw the gnome awards too; some of the winners were really great. I played a bit of team dungeoneering with some people there (they said it was a competition but I didn't really understand it). The balloon drop was awesome, and so was chatting to some mods.

The only bit I didn't really like was the band they had on at the end. Generic crappy rubbish, in my opinion anyway.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

so on a thread of Jagex doing a free event for their fans, we discuss their employees not working on future updates? What about that pic of all the employees playing paintball? Are we gonna comment on that?

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

It's being discussed because it was mentioned that if they hold another RuneFest event, they won't aim so large as it took a lot of resources and time (what we're discussing) to make possible.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

It's being discussed because it was mentioned that if they hold another RuneFest event, they won't aim so large as it took a lot of resources and time (what we're discussing) to make possible.

my bad, I read criticism where it was not intended then.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Just got home a couple of hours ago, and finally got the time to look for some pics and videos. I was shocked to see all the griping and unhappiness about the participation by all workers from Jagex. The event was imo AWESOME. I can not describe the fantastic atmosphere of all the co-workers from Jagex pulling together to create and pull off this day. The very act of working together for a goal like this is fantastic team-building in itself. To grudge that one group or another from the staff should not participate because it would take precious mins and possibly days from their work to make the game is rediculous.

It is also incredibly narrow-minded to assume that only programmers are important in producing new material. The programmers would get nowhere without the content developers, the graphics team, the audio...and much more. As to the complaining, I say "Just be quiet and quit complaining!" (I would say it in rougher language, but don't dare).

Runefest for me was a chance to meet all sorts of workers at Jagex and really see what the company was like. It was also a chance to meet my friends from CoE irl...which was awesome! It was a chance to learn a lot, meet people, and have fun....enough said, I am more than satisfied with the whole thing (other than the food which was too expensive and bad quality imo).

TipItTigerSig.jpg*Janakat.png

@Janakat,

I don't think the discussion was around the Jagex employee's participation in the event, it was more a discussion of the part of each employee and the impact it would have on the work they do - mainly to discuss the disruption it has to the development projects and whether or not it would continue in the same capacity it has this year.

My opinion would be that most are pretty pleased to see the effort put in by Jagex staff, but correct me if I'm wrong! :)

Just got home a couple of hours ago, and finally got the time to look for some pics and videos. I was shocked to see all the griping and unhappiness about the participation by all workers from Jagex. The event was imo AWESOME. I can not describe the fantastic atmosphere of all the co-workers from Jagex pulling together to create and pull off this day. The very act of working together for a goal like this is fantastic team-building in itself. To grudge that one group or another from the staff should not participate because it would take precious mins and possibly days from their work to make the game is rediculous.

It is also incredibly narrow-minded to assume that only programmers are important in producing new material. The programmers would get nowhere without the content developers, the graphics team, the audio...and much more. As to the complaining, I say "Just be quiet and quit complaining!" (I would say it in rougher language, but don't dare).

Runefest for me was a chance to meet all sorts of workers at Jagex and really see what the company was like. It was also a chance to meet my friends from CoE irl...which was awesome! It was a chance to learn a lot, meet people, and have fun....enough said, I am more than satisfied with the whole thing (other than the food which was too expensive and bad quality imo).

I like how you didn't understand the argument at all and raised completely irrelevant points.

I didn't attend but basically.

Complaints in past years have been about how the community was bad and how Jagex never took its time to talk to its customers, now they host an event thats engaging to get face to face to Jagex and have some fun and now apparently it's a big waste of time.

I see no problem with Runefest, we had 4 updates this month, there will be a future one or it wouldn't be called RuneFest 2010, if you have had a problem with attending and what-not don't cry over spilt milk just save some money for next year.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I like how you didn't understand the argument at all and raised completely irrelevant points.

Maybe you didn't understand the part of my post here: To grudge that one group or another from the staff should not participate because it would take precious mins and possibly days from their work to make the game is rediculous.

This actually is referring to how silly it is to not want workers to take time from developing game for an event like RuneFest. I admit most of my rant was possibly not to the point, but feelings were running strong after the amazing experience that RuneFest was.

To make my point entirely clear: I do not believe that the time spent away from developing new content was excessive, and I do not feel that Jagex did any wrong in prioritizing the time employees spent on RuneFest. I hope you understand my point now.

TipItTigerSig.jpg*Janakat.png

I think people are taking what I said earlier the wrong way. The event was fantastic and I am hugely thankful for all the work put in by various members of staff from community management, to audio, to content development. There were also a lot of very senior people there giving their valuable time to make it a success. I am very happy they were there and I think that whatever the amount of time it took preparing and rehearsing etc was moat definitely worth it. I am only repeating what MMG said about maybe making it smaller next time. The way this has blown into a massive argument on the forums is ridiculous. Can we please just get back to sharing pics and stories now?...

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Good idea Merc.

I haven't really got any pictures, but I took a video of Mod Reece and Mod Hulme doing a dung boss. The quality's pretty poor, but it might be interesting to see:

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

As a VIP gift we all got a Tankard with our RSNs engraved on it. This one's mine (No idea how to get a good picture of it without reflections or light on it heh, if anyone can tell me how I'd be grateful).

DSCN0642.jpg

try using daylight only and not flash...and take from little further to get sharper image since some cheaper cameras doesnt focus well from short distances.

btw did Jagex paid your expenses and hotel as they paid for Telmomarques, Aasiwat and Excl atleast...

btw did Jagex paid your expenses and hotel as they paid for Telmomarques, Aasiwat and Excl atleast...

Yep, I got the exact same stuff they did :). Was an awesome time and I should have a full write-up some time this week.

And cheers for the photo advice.