RuneFest Tickets Sold Out & Venue Location

@Dan3HitU

I'd actually travel abroad to go to the next one if they do one. If it's anything like this year's one, it'll be worth the travel expenses.

Merc, I regret not saying hi to you lol. I live very close to you (in a town beginning in 'Warmin...' ;)).

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My claim to fame was that i was with merc and suzi in Den's vid i am the very short fat lady with the red hair standing next to another tipiter who is VERY tall (thrawn). A group of 10 of us all met up and went together. Had great fun. :thumbsup:

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

I was looking out for you but never noticed you, sad.

They call me 'The Invisible' for a reason. :P

I met you at the end while sitting with Calcarb though. Didnt think you realized it was me. :shades:

but What I would love would be to see the whole presentations at some point. Some of the things look really interesting. That DYK about the clothes was cool. I wonder if Jagex filmed the whole thing?

I heard somewhere they were recording it, and I bet there is someone who will upload or has uploaded atleast some of the sessions. I didnt go to the Dungeoneering one and I really want to see that session.

As a side note, that queue must have looked incredibly strange to passing members of the public.

That reminds me of something that got a lot of people talking and laughing around us in line.

A dad and his son were walking past, and his son asked why so many people were in line with costumes.

His dad told him: "They are all lunatics that play the same game."

There were also people taking pictures from the other side of the road. Was more fun standing in line then you would first expect. :P

You met me at the end... I'd had a few wines by that point ROFL so that might explain why I didst recognise you.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

omg omg omg omg going to runefest gf noobs who didnt get tickets :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You do realise it was three days ago don't you? :P

Awesome vid Den, I like how JMods all felt they needed to do something the moment you put your camera on them :P

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Next year it's a definite. I'll have the money to go next year. I really do understand WHY they did the high ticket price, then refund, but it still feels bad for me since I got screwed out of a chance to go because I thought I couldn't afford it :(

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Also, i found on the RuneFest website, Mod MMG said that RuneFest is planned to be an international thing. So England this year, probably somewhere else next year.

Make it Denmark. That way I won't have to travel far, and kids under 18 can drink as well :mrgreen: Everyone is happy!

i 2nd that :D if they made i Denmark maybe i could finely get back to runescape :/

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

You could have flown from Aalborg to Gatwick for this years fairly cheaply :P there were three danes in the group I was with hehe

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Please be in North America next year. Please please please.

Please be in North America United States The Northeast Philadelphia next year

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I could expect maybe Europe, but I would doubt anything in America or another Continent. It would cost them too much to fly the staff out there.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Most of the staff got the bus from Jagex to London on the morning of the event. It would be very expensive to fly everyone.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Please be in North America next year. Please please please.

Please be in North America United States The Northeast Philadelphia next year

I'd be fine with philly. I actually want Philly, NYC, or Boston.

Adventure_Time_by_Titan_of_Tacos.png

Next year it's a definite. I'll have the money to go next year. I really do understand WHY they did the high ticket price, then refund, but it still feels bad for me since I got screwed out of a chance to go because I thought I couldn't afford it :(

I can't remember which video it was in, I've watched too many, but MMG said the high price was to see who are the "real hard-core" RuneScapers. It's unfortunate that many people couldn't go because of money issues, not just the 75 quid/$120, but airfare as well.

imevil.jpg

Its unfortunate for alot of reasons. Such as not giving clear info about the location so people could book places and figure out travel. Both which would also stack alot of extra cost - Easily more and more so the less information given.. Dont matter if you even live in england its still stupid to have to spend money like that and go somewhere blindly. Wow! That sounds like fun! -not-

I would think alot of people are at least a 'little' bit responsible/rational about this type of thing. I dont think it means your the most 'dedicated' lol. Just want a bit of history or perhaps live london or rich enough not to care.

For me I feel its unfortunate I wont go to such a un-organised/disastrous held event but at the same time I have no regrets.. Infact I had a great holiday a bit before that which was planned and had fun spendy money while also having a semi budget, knowing where I was going etc. :rolleyes:

I really hope next time their more responsible with how they organise such events and I would certainly attend. However undedicated I apparently must be to turn my back on this year. #-o

I can't remember which video it was in, I've watched too many, but MMG said the high price was to see who are the "real hard-core" RuneScapers. It's unfortunate that many people couldn't go because of money issues, not just the 75 quid/$120, but airfare as well.

Yes, it does take interest in something to get people to spend 120$, but it takes it to a whole new level to need to take an airplane. It'd have been a good 3k$ trip to me.

I'd certainly have paid a good 200$ for it, but for university students, these 2-3 grands are not a dedication thing anymore.

Not saying it's a bad thing. It's just that they need to do these a bit everywhere.

Runefest World Tour 2011?

WarBlastoise.png

He said "it's not a skill its a minigame". Unoriginal heckle fail.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

If they wanted to go international then europe isnt the most expensive place to travel to. So I would see it as an option for them. If not in a couple of years time.

I could just as likely travel somewhere like france/spain for the same price as attending the london one if advance.. For other places it isnt that bad either.

Netherlands/denmark or something would be very nice as I want to go there anyway. (Though probably more expensive for them.) Go amsterdam arena and play some hardcore runescape music.

Its probably best that they instead go to some other central location in england to begin with.

Maybe go on a tour lol.