RuneFest Tickets Sold Out & Venue Location

@Dan3HitU

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://twitpic.com/2iz303 TIP.it Admin O.o

Yep =P Had no idea the camera was there. Had an awesome day, Got there at 10am, had breakfast with some Jagex mods (I sat next to Andrew and MMG hah) got the 3 Gowers about a few things before being shown around the venue. I got an awesome Tankard with my RSN on it which I'll have a picture of when I get back home. And a bunch of other free stuff too, but a personalised tankard is awesome!

Anyway, about to head out just thought I'd pop on here to say hi :)

I heard from someone inside they demostrated Devious Mud gameplay there...i hope someone recorded it.

They did. In the Runescape Varrock Insider Genesis show. I got some Devious Mud gameplay recorded. ^^

Was absolutly epic, really worth going to.

Met Merciful and Calcarb and an Events Team Leader from RHQ I believe. Very cool stuff.

Will upload the video's as soon as I get them done, still spending the night in London. :P

Was loads more girls there then I was expecting too.:shades:

I heard from someone inside they demostrated Devious Mud gameplay there...i hope someone recorded it.

They did. In the Runescape Varrock Insider Genesis show. I got some Devious Mud gameplay recorded. ^^

Met Merciful and Calcarb and an Events Team Leader from RHQ I believe. Very cool stuff.

Will upload the video's as soon as I get them done, still spending the night in London. :P

Did you get any at the after party?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Sounds great, so does the devious mud video. I'll be f5ing youtube till your vid shows up (programatically ofc).

sigcp.png

65,280 to 99 fletching on 3-14-09

40,405 to 99 woodcutting on 10-17-2009

Had to stop tweeting after the golden Gnomes. Was having too much fun at the party and then battery died. I'll upload as many pics as I can when I get home in a few days. Met some great people, love you all.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Had to stop tweeting after the golden Gnomes. Was having too much fun at the party and then battery died. I'll upload as many pics as I can when I get home in a few days. Met some great people, love you all.

Same thing happened to my video cam. Think I missed the last person Excl and MMG announced as a winner.

The drop party at the end was epic though. Balloons falling from the ceiling and everyone popping them trying to get a partyhat from inside them. I got quite a stash, now if only I could convert them into RS Partyhats.

Just a couple of pictures for now, I'll upload some more in a few days when I get home and go through them all.

19qc.jpg

Andrew Gower

19qd.jpg

Paul Gower

19qg.jpg

MMG

^_^ Awesome, got to have some really good chats with them too :D A perfect day.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Heh, my cam died before i even arrived. At least they provided us with one of those disposable cameras in the goodie bag.

I had duel with party pete in the ogre ring, got no proof, but it was recorded by them (being i assume the jagex camera team) so hope theres a vid floating about about that soon. I beat him btw, not using strength but balance against him.

The baloon drop was fun, thou most people didnt realise that there were prize tickets inside at first which I thought was funny.

Overall it was quite epic, rumaging through the goodies atm. :D

Did anyone hear anything about another RuneFest, and perhaps, a location. Northeastern US plz.

Like was said earlier, if they're gonna do an event they'll want to do it in London or at least England - at least for the next few Runefests until they KNOW what they're doing. England is a good place for them to do it anyway since it's small enough for everyone around the country to make it, whereas America would be a little different.

I think everyone is assuming there'll be another one next year, but the location, price ect isn't going to be announced for a long time imo.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Don't expect too much about Runefest 2011. This year was a huge event for them and it took a lot of staff away from their regular jobs making the game we all enjoy. I really hope there is one next year but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a bit smaller next time.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Don't expect too much about Runefest 2011. This year was a huge event for them and it took a lot of staff away from their regular jobs making the game we all enjoy. I really hope there is one next year but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a bit smaller next time.

Uh... it didn't take away any game development at all. The development team isn't part of the Marketing / Community Management Teams. The only thing the developers did was show up to the actual event to take part in the insider sessions.

Next time try not making stuff up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

You weren't there, clearly a lot if work was put into the event by Dev team too. The insider sessions and presentations had a lot of preparing in advance. I also spoke with Mark Gerhard who said he would love to do another one but make it smaller. You can tell me to stop making stuff up if you like but I'm only telling you what I saw when I was actually there...

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Uh... it didn't take away any game development at all. The development team isn't part of the Marketing / Community Management Teams. The only thing the developers did was show up to the actual event to take part in the insider sessions.

Exactly - they're still away from Jagex HQ, away from programming and making the game. Of all people Mercifull would know because he was actually there.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Exactly - they're still away from Jagex HQ, away from programming and making the game. Of all people Mercifull would know because he was actually there.

Oh wow... ONE day? You won't let them off for ONE day? A Saturday?.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

As someone who was there, and at Jagex on the Friday too I can tell you that a lot more people were there for more than just that one day. Their offices were fairly empty on the Friday with all the people preparing for it, and a lot of staff were down on the Thursday too.

As someone who was there, and at Jagex on the Friday too I can tell you that a lot more people were there for more than just that one day. Their offices were fairly empty on the Friday with all the people preparing for it, and a lot of staff were down on the Thursday too.

Even so, a few days once in a year isn't going to kill Jagex. It's just like they've had a few extra days of holiday... it's no biggie :mellow:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

Even so, a few days once in a year isn't going to kill Jagex. It's just like they've had a few extra days of holiday... it's no biggie :mellow:

I'd have to agree here - considering the life-cycle of a single-project, is it really going to have that much of an impact? So long as time-schedules are relatively well followed, I'd imagine a team can usually factor development around that?

Although yea, wasn't there so can't speak about the practicalities. :)

I guess we have to agree to disagree. Mike of all people should know the work put in by all the staff not just a select few because he was with them as a VIP. Let's not get into a raging debate about it. Runefest was a fantastic event but its not something that can easily be done, everything was thought of. Maybe when more people post pictures and videos you will understand better the amount of work that was put in. Runefest was most definitely NOT a few chairs in a village hall.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

For me, the event was both a success and a failure. The main issue being, from 7-9 it was "Party Time". And it did seem that the general populus of RS had no idea how to party :( Props to the breakdancing guy. Even if he wasnt very good he broke up the awkward inanimate standing around ignoring the music.

Highlight for me though, was having an in depth chat with Chief about various stuff. He promises to put in a word to altering stomp for when we are soloing.

Will post pics when I can