RuneFest Tickets Sold Out & Venue Location

@Dan3HitU

I have a feeling that if they ever decide to repeat this event and once again charge a price for it, the number of players that will buy a ticket thinking they will get a special item as well as a refund will find themselves paying the full price.

I have a feeling their second Runefest will be very profitable!

Rofl... never thought about it this way, but you're right. That's actually really crafty... there will definitely be people who would think they'll end up getting their refund and will only pay for that, then, when Jagex don't refund... lulz. :P

I disagree. Most of RuneScape might be like that, But I sure hope most adults or older teens with the money and ability to get into this event aren't that stupid.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling that if they ever decide to repeat this event and once again charge a price for it, the number of players that will buy a ticket thinking they will get a special item as well as a refund will find themselves paying the full price.

Rofl... never thought about it this way, but you're right. That's actually really crafty... there will definitely be people who would think they'll end up getting their refund and will only pay for that, then, when Jagex don't refund... lulz. :P

I disagree. Most of RuneScape might be like that, But I sure hope most adults or older teens with the money and ability to get into this event aren't that stupid.

If they are, I'll have my camera ready :D

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Exactly. Its the same with the cashback websites. You should never buy a product expecting cashback. If product X from Y-Store costs £100 but costs £110 with £30 cashback from Store-Z it isnt a guarantee that you will only pay £80 for it. If people buy a Runefest ticket expecting to get a refund and then don't then they have no grounds for complaint.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Could someone forward me the email sent by Ticketmaster?

I changed my email address and I don't have access to it anymore so I didn't receive one.

Or could someone just answer me these;

Where is the venue location?

Are Jagex really giving you the money back?

How do I get the refund, is it automatic?

Could someone forward me the email sent by Ticketmaster?

I changed my email address and I don't have access to it anymore so I didn't receive one.

Or could someone just answer me these;

Where is the venue location?

What email addy do you want it sent to? I suggest you update your email address with Ticketmaster to recieve future emails about the event because aparently there are going to be quite a few in the coming weeks.

Where is the venue location?:

Dungeons of Vinopolis

1 Bank End

London SE1 9BU

020 7940 8333

http://www.vinopolis.co.uk

Nearest tube @ London Bridge

Yes, including the booking fees.

Automatic to the card the payment was processed on. Might take up to 2 weeks.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

You do need to log in to Ticketmaster in order to print your ticket...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

• 2 weeks later...

Nor me any any of my close friends either.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I can't believe I still haven't posted in this thread. I always thought those anime conventions were lame, but this just leaves me speechless. I can't believe anyone is actally going to this virginfest.

Activities:

- Archery

- RuneConnect

- Dueling

lolwut? :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Email from Jagex

header.jpg

welcome.jpg

RuneFest is just around the corner (19 days and counting!), and we are just as excited as you are. The team is busy putting the final touches to what is set to be a truly memorable event!

To help you plan your trip to RuneFest, we've gathered all of the handy details, including where and when to go, and travel and accommodation details.

We have also included a mini questionnaire at the end of the email, which we need you to reply to, so please make sure you read the whole email even if you are not going to be able to make it to RuneFest.

header-when.jpg

RuneFest will be held on Saturday 28th August 2010 and will take place within the dungeons of Vinopolis, a fantastic setting in a central London location right next to the River Thames, providing a majestic setting for RuneFest 2010.

Here's the address so that you can look it up:

Vinopolis

No. 1 Bank End

London

SE1 9BU

The adventure begins when the doors open at 12.00pm (noon) and the event will run until 21.00pm, after a fantastic day of activities, excitement and fun.

You won't be able to enter RuneFest until the doors open at 12.00pm, so feel free to spend a leisurely morning in London before heading over to the venue. This should prevent you from having to queue for too long!

The entrance to RuneFest is located on Stoney Street. For further details on getting to Vinopolis, including exact directions from the nearest London Underground station, check out the Vinopolis website: http://www.vinopolis.co.uk/contactustours/mapanddirections.php.

header-stay.jpg

Travelling to and from RuneFest is easy! The nearest Underground station is London Bridge, which is just a five minute walk from the venue. For more detailed information on Underground/train times, please visit the National Rail website at www.nationalrail.co.uk and the Transport for London website at http://www.tfl.gov.uk.

London is full of great hotels and there are plenty close to Vinopolis, the nearest being a Premier Inn just a stone's throw away. You can find a complete list of hotels near the venue by visiting TripAdvisor (www.tripadvisor.co.uk).

header-ticket.jpg

Your printed tickets have been dispatched by Ticketmaster.co.uk. If you live in the UK, you can expect to receive your tickets within 7 days. If you live outside of the UK, please allow up to 14 days for your tickets to arrive.

If you've not received your tickets by Saturday 21st August, please contact Ticketmaster.co.uk directly. You can contact Ticketmaster here: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/h/customer_serve.html. Please be sure to login using the account you purchased your tickets with when contacting Ticketmaster.

header-refund.jpg

Ticket refunds have been processed. Depending on your bank and how you bought your ticket, the time the money takes to appear in your account may vary. If, however, you've not received your refund within 7 days of receiving this email, please contact Ticketmaster directly.

header-bring.jpg

As well as a smile and a spirit of adventure, there are several things you must bring on the day:

Your ticket (this cannot be a photocopy)

Photo identification (this is necessary if you're planning to drink alcohol. No ID: no alcohol!)

Please feel free to bring a camera on the day to take some snaps, there will be plenty of photo opportunities!

Please note that video cameras will be recording at the event for security, promotional and publicity purposes. Anyone attending the event may be recorded on these videos, and the videos may be used for security, promotional and publicity purposes. The video footage will be taken on or behalf of Jagex Limited and will be only used for the purposes stated. For more information please contact ##runefest email##.

header-costume.jpg

There is no dress code at RuneFest, and we have seen a lot of discussion on our forums about coming in costume. We'd definitely love to see people dressed up and, if you are lucky, there might even be a small prize on the day for the best dressed. We've seen some brilliant ideas so far...

header-rsvp.jpg

Everybody loves a quiz, so to help us make sure you have the best time possible at RuneFest, we'd like to ask you a few questions.

Please reply to this email answering the following questions. Just copy/paste the questions and answers below, then delete the answers that don't apply to you. We need your answers back by Friday 13th August. We know you've bought a ticket, but we want to check that you're still coming! If you have bought more than one ticket, please send back a complete set of answers for each person attending.

We know you've bought a ticket, but we want to check that you're still coming!

Of course I am!

No, sadly I can't make it now

Do you have any dietary requirements?

Vegetarian.

Vegan.

Other (please specify).

What is your t-shirt size?

Small.

Medium.

Large.

XL.

XXL.

We'll be in touch next week with more information, including a detailed itinerary of the day's events so you can start planning your day in detail!

In the meantime, if you have any questions about RuneFest, get in touch with us directly via ##runefest email##. We'll be happy to help you out.

Finally, if you have any questions regarding ticket refunds or receipt of tickets, please contact Ticketmaster.co.uk directly (http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/h/customer_serve.html).

We can't wait to meet you on the 28th, it's going to be epic!

The RuneFest Team

footer.jpg

Exciting stuff :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Wish I could have gone, but August 28th is during my college orientation. Could they have not planned it at a worse time lol? They should have done it a little earlier in the summer imo. But I probably wouldn't have gone anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Looking forward to see pics and reading about it.

Big_Stingman.png

Heh, I bet some people are more than willing to 'Merchant' the tickets irl now, considering they are getting refunded

The name on the ticket probably has to match the name on the ID

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

How will it be a rare? I thought it was untradeable.

A rare like Bunny Ears or Scythe.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

11LR.jpg

Closing date for the Golden Gnomes and art competition is today! Only a few hours left to get your entries in.

*shameless plug for my own video

:P*

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Closing date for the Golden Gnomes and art competition is today! Only a few hours left to get your entries in.

*shameless plug for my own video

:P*

Bah I totally did not know about this contest! I would have entered! Dang.. too late now I guess lol.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog