The Truth about Ranarr Spawn and Jagex�s Great Conspiracy

tedbundty

*looks at 100 ranarr seeds in bank*

[bleep]

Honestly, ranaars are not going to fall that far. You're still going to be making a big profit off of those seeds.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know its not like i'll be losing money.. but it's kind of annoying when i'm playing about 3 hours a week. i'll be praying for a rebound

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Well they changed botting to a temp ban punishment instead of perm ban... so I guess you could say they can get away with it.

Those days are so they can investigate the account further. Its not like jagex see a bot report, place a 14 day ban on the account and then go along to the next account.

Bah...Dungeoneering is of absolutely no interest to me. It is nothing more than another mini-game. I tried it and made level 2...that is where it is staying. Couldn't take anything out of the "dungeon" so why bother.

Good thing you tried the skill for more then 10 minutes go get a full understanding of it before you threw it aside. :thumbup:

To add to the discussion, I dont mind herbs going down and limps most likely will crash since the limp root dungeon is f2p.

Once some bots get updated, herb might drop to like 20-25gp/exp. But I wouldn't expect any major changes before then, except panic selling.

Can bots really do that kinda stuff these days and get away with it? If so Jagex definitely shouldn't have done this or made it somehow bot resistant. I do agree with you that currently prices are only going down because of panic selling.

Who's to say Jagex isn't laying a trap?

I'm just playing devil's advocate. :twisted:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Its the same thing with limpwurt roots. Competiting with 5 other people is useless, just kill the giants and if the limp is free, pick it up.

Actually, atm on w7 there is no one to compete with and they spawn FAST, im timimg how long it takes per load at 62.5k per load

I smell a limp crash.

Yea, sometimes its free, sometimes its not, im getting a good 300K an hour without too much trouble.

Though its definately catching on, and limps just crashed by 100+ GP, 2 days in a row.

I'm glad i managed to liquidate my limps before it went downhill :D

Heres hoping strength pots crash, hard.

O.O

Its the same thing with limpwurt roots. Competiting with 5 other people is useless, just kill the giants and if the limp is free, pick it up.

Actually, atm on w7 there is no one to compete with and they spawn FAST, im timimg how long it takes per load at 62.5k per load

I smell a limp crash.

Yea, sometimes its free, sometimes its not, im getting a good 300K an hour without too much trouble.

Though its definately catching on, and limps just crashed by 100+ GP, 2 days in a row.

I'm glad i managed to liquidate my limps before it went downhill :D

Heres hoping strength pots crash, hard.

Too many people training herblore for the potion itself to crash. The herb will simply rise if the 2ndary item falls in order to keep an average gp/xp.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Too many people training herblore for the potion itself to crash. The herb will simply rise if the 2ndary item falls in order to keep an average gp/xp.

Which is good for farmers :unsure: (IF the seed doesnt increase with the herbs .. but I receive 50% more cash with avantoes than kwuarms ... so the seed wouldn't increase too much.

Limps crashing would be more important - 1k limps again would mean cheap super str making (though kwuarms might rise alot).

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Limps crashing would be more important - 1k limps again would mean cheap super str making (though kwuarms might rise alot).

This is why I've been investing hundreds of mill into kwuarm potions (unf). :thumbup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Hmm, herbs might just drop a little now. The added spawn is great and way better then the excisting 2 spots (Ardougne and the normal Edgeville spot). Ranarrs are also crashing because people consider that the boost in herblore (Blue dragonscale spawns / Limpwurt spawns / New herb room) supplies causes all gp/exp for herblore to drop. Including prayer pots. Also prayer is less and less needed ;) We gettin different potions for that. Super restores / Super prayer I don't know what. New prayer gear coming up ?

Anyway: Prices will drop by about 20% from existing. I don't see them drop any further. If they do go down further, respect towards Jagex for correcting that dramatically.

As for the other resources: I wonder how good bots are at training dungeoneering. Some things can't be done. Most of these spots will be untouched by bots I think. I really do think :D At least for now.

On a sidenote: Would 1 room combined with winter storage scrolls be worth it for higher members? Take down 12 of those guys, pick up all herbs / spawns. Fill pack-yak, winter storage when possible. When full get to the bank and go back. I'd see this going way up high in the money making scenery I think? (Or am I just thinking to much here?)

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

But the noobs don't know that. :wink:

It seems like a lot of things are dropping. I am just waiting for prices to rise again to sell most of my stuff again.

XBL: Zwolf wolf

When Runescape Gives you lemons, Alch them!

screen-capture-2-1-1-1.png?t=1279351491

Sorry Brand, I was a man in the first place, sorry to disappoint you. :\

Ranarr- like you said, 36 per world per hour, that's basically nothing, it's all hype on the players part and will settle back soon

Frost dragons- It'll even out to be more expensive than dragon bones, but dragon bones will be less expensive. Plus with 85 dun req, it's not like everyone at green dragons is going to rush over to frosts.

Iron/Steel and anvils- a minuscule amount of smithing xp per task won't make up for losing the ferocious ring benefit, maybe some iron/steel campers will migrate over, but again, the smithing xp/hour is really low, it's not like jagex handed out free 99 smithing unless you camp there for years

New rune rocks- 3 new rune rocks that will be crowded as **** for ever? Rune ore will drop slightly long term, but rune smithing will not be profitable or overtake addy plates as more efficient

New coal/mith/silver- Coal has been saturated in the market since MTK, I see no difference in price. I don't see mith falling much either, it's already pretty low priced, most people who buy it probably use it for the blast furnace then use the bars themselves, most people who sell it just can't mine addy/rune yet. Lastly, people here will be people who would be mining in the guild anyway, so maybe they get 10% at best more efficient by having a closer bank, that's not much of a difference. It won't be at all like gold when LRC came out. Silver is irrelevent to train with in mining, smithing, and crafting(maybe in f2p it's more viable, but it's still only 3 spawns).

Lagatag.png

This sucks for me, I've only recently started farming Ranarr's and I'm now left with all my money tied up in 150 Grimy Ranarr's that won't sell at all. I'd didn't even know they were dropping, I just thought they'd been merched. I have no cash left now!!

UrbanLegend.png

Only the noobiest noob would sit around for an hour picking up spawns for (a questionable) 388k gp and no exp.

not gunna lie.... i sat in al kharid mine and picked up 10k fire runes WAAAAYYYY back in the day for my first full set of rune, and it was worth it, even tho i lost it like 2 weeks later trying to pk lol :wall:

2ujkxgp.jpg

Yes, Mandos is my screen name, this sig isnt stolen, i just use this nick for everything else.

Only the noobiest noob would sit around for an hour picking up spawns for (a questionable) 388k gp and no exp.

not gunna lie.... i sat in al kharid mine and picked up 10k fire runes WAAAAYYYY back in the day for my first full set of rune, and it was worth it, even tho i lost it like 2 weeks later trying to pk lol :wall:

Well, what if your looking for something to do while alching?

Ive been alching at the limpwurt spawn for ages, losing a little mage xp but gaining a sizeable profit.

O.O

The only reason why prices are dropping is because people think the prices should be dropping.

Wait a week or two and the kids will have something else to panic about.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well they changed botting to a temp ban punishment instead of perm ban... so I guess you could say they can get away with it.

Those days are so they can investigate the account further. Its not like jagex see a bot report, place a 14 day ban on the account and then go along to the next account.

Oh my, it seems your knowledge on what jagex does with bots is pretty limited. They do place a 14 day ban and move on to enxt account if they see the evidence sufficient, also they review such a little part of the macroing reports that is doesnt make any diffirence, because they arent able to review em all, and auto -abbning them all would cause many non-bots to get banned.

The thing is, now they dont really care. Believe me, ive waited for more then a year and reported a dude i know irl for autoing, in the meanwhile he got his str magic attack and a few other levels to 99, all while doing nothing.

You seem to undrestimate the ammount of bots and their quality nowadays, they can reply run away if someone speaks to them they can say "g2g" and switch worls the second you approach them. And yet theres plenty of obviuous bots, Brimhaven gem miners for example, how hard is it tell if a personson is botting if his character moves in the same, flawless, perfectly timed patters for hours. Must be pretty hard, because they dont get banned.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

Unlocked the dungeon yesterday, and saw a noob litterally just sitting around waiting for it to spawn.

Not even working over the druids.

I bet there is a noob in most worlds sitting at that spawn.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol