Why do people wear skillcapes?

Star_Fox

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soul wars cape cost like 120k or something to replace. I lost it in PvP once before I knew this and facepalmed myself.

Also I like how my skill capes look. At least my herb/rc/slayer/prayer ones I like to keep in my bank. When I'm not bank standing/being bored though I tend to use Fire/Ardy3/Spottier/Soul Wars.

120dgl.jpg

For me personally, they're good looking capes and show signs of achievement. I don't wear mine for the stats at all. Just the best looking capes I have in my 'wardrobe" :D

- Speedyshel

Website Updates and Corrections

c15800d76c.png

*..It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not..*

Because you over analyze things. You are forgetting that many people do not have soul wars cape or fire cape. And you are forgetting that when people skill, they like to have an outfit on. Skill capes are often part of an outfit because they look really nice.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Though skillcapes may not be so much of a status symbol anymore, I think the majority of players wear/wore them because they want to show-off their dedication to a certain skill. I know that when I saw RC, Mining, or Agility capes I was always kind of like, "Wow, that's cool, they put a lot of time into that." I wore my fire cape more than anything before I quit, even though I had a skillcape. Granted it isn't the most respected (Fletching), I still wore it because I had the ability to do so. But then again, some people just wear it because it's the best cape they have. :P

In short --

They are worn because people want to show-off.

They want to show their dedication to a skill by showing they reached 99.

That's the best cape they have.

I wear a cape for the prayer. Looks cooler than a SW cape, despite the bonus difference. And I like the look, just like I wear d legs instead of d skirt. Like I really like the looks of 99 Mining/99 Agility capes, thats why I'm going for the 99s. (pretty much the sole reason) I mean does a BCP really make *that much* difference? No. But people wear for the looks/status symbol.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I'm proud of the work and effort that I put into getting 99 slayer. I don't give a [bleep] how many people have the same level. I wear my other capes when I need them, and I wear my slayer or summoning skill capes when I don't need a particular cape.

Skill capes are aesthetic items that (sometimes) represent hard work and dedication, so I wear them as such.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I'm proud of the work and effort that I put into getting 99 slayer. I don't give a [bleep] how many people have the same level. I wear my other capes when I need them, and I wear my slayer or summoning skill capes when I don't need a particular cape.

Skill capes are aesthetic items that (sometimes) represent hard work and dedication, so I wear them as such.

Omg you're so vain !!!!

I was going to think of something more constructive, but all my thought processes are busy pondering how Obt could get such an epic cape.

In other news (I honestly believe this to be relevant) people at LRC atm are saying Mining Capes are more common than fletching capes. Why do people make up these stupid facts.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Omg you're so vain !!!!

I was going to think of something more constructive, but all my thought processes are busy pondering how Obt could get such an epic cape.

In other news (I honestly believe this to be relevant) people at LRC atm are saying Mining Capes are more common than fletching capes. Why do people make up these stupid facts.

Those people are way to stupid to be allowed to play this game. And for the record, Runescape has very low IQ requirements.

lol i got a firecape today finally(kuradel told me too and i killed jad in like 30 seconds or less...) and its definately the most common cape but for combat wear sw or fire otherwise for skilling skillcapes look pretty nice.

i wear a skillcape while doing noncombats usually slayer herb or dungeoneering dungeon cuz its new and the other 2 for colors...

StarViv.png

Omg you're so vain !!!!

Those people are way to stupid to be allowed to play this game. And for the record, Runescape has very low IQ requirements.

Also: this guy said with lvl 77 hunter you can make 5m+ an hour at red chins. True story. he said if you can't you're an idiot.

Umm... getting back on topic. I agree with what Obt said, I put a crap load of time into Con, and am putting in a lot of time into Hunt/Agil/Mine and so I want people to know that :)

I haven't worn a skill cape for possbily a year or 2, but i do remember very well getiing 99 prayer just for the cape, back when it was cheap (80m) and useless (highest prayer was smite).

I do agree with the fact they lack the pride of wearing them anymore due to them being so common.

Arzian.png

Omg you're so vain !!!!

Also: this guy said with lvl 77 hunter you can make 5m+ an hour at red chins. True story. he said if you can't you're an idiot.

Umm... getting back on topic. I agree with what Obt said, I put a crap load of time into Con, and am putting in a lot of time into Hunt/Agil/Mine and so I want people to know that :)

Lol, what an idiot.

OT: Most skillcapes look nice, too.

I wear my skillcapes (mostly constitution because it's my favorite looking) on whatever tasks I don't pray on because I don't have a firecape. I also wear them for outfits and sometimes I just show off when I bored and I don't care if people don't like it I worked pretty hard (well not hard, long) for my capes and I like to show it every now and then.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

I wear mine cause I'm a lazy bastard and can't be bothered to get the Fire Cape. I use Soul Wars when I'm praying and skillcape elsewhere.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I'm looking forward to wearing something else than my Ardy cape 3.

I have no skill cape, only a quest cape or SW cape, which I wear when slaying (look at sig for fire cape trauma).

Since I'm skilling most of my limited on-line time, I end up wearing Ardy cape 3 for bush pach access as part of my farming run.

Can't wait to get all replica pieces of that dreaded staute in the varrock museum, It's my must-finish thing every week!

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

I'm looking forward to wearing something else than my Ardy cape 3.

I have no skill cape, only a quest cape or SW cape, which I wear when slaying (look at sig for fire cape trauma).

Since I'm skilling most of my limited on-line time, I end up wearing Ardy cape 3 for bush pach access as part of my farming run.

Can't wait to get all replica pieces of that dreaded staute in the varrock museum, It's my must-finish thing every week!

You're getting close to 99 Farming, that will be an awesome cape to wear. :P

Well, I like my herby cape (check sig :P refresh if it's the report one). Secondly I honestly don't have the patience for fire cape. Tried twice or so after icewyrms were released, but then I ended up buying the ability. Don't have Soul war cape either as I'm no big fan of quest and still haven't done that one. So that leaves me with skill capes, plus ardy whenever I'm thieving, farming (for the tele) or doing prayer tasks.

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

i guess people do it to show they have achived something, or think they have.

Defy_Hero.png

First of all, you put that stats signature in your actual signature by clicking on the "My Settings" button in the top right-hand corner of your screen, and then clicking "Profile." After that you click, "Change Signature" and then you paste the code you have into the box for text, click "Save Changes" and voila. You're done.

Second, what do you mean think they have? You've gotten a 99, that's an achievement...