Hardest 99?

o_ztejas_o

construction isnt expensive anymore. It's like 6 gp/xp with SC hammers.

people just don't think construction is a cool skill.

Construction is cheap like a Cooking Cape.

Gotta' no-life the 99 though, so why bother.

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Construction and Herblore are only 'rare' because of the high cost.

construction isnt expensive anymore. It's like 6 gp/xp with SC hammers.

people just don't think construction is a cool skill.

agility is hardest IMO

you can get 30k rc xp a day by assisting effigies now.

Makes it alot easier.

Alot easier? Finding those particular assists isn't a walk in the park(as your sig shows) and you need atleast 91 to get the xp(less with boosts, but noone is going to wait for you to soup up 5 levels). Furthermore, rc maxes at 60k xp an hour, with little to no enjoyment in the skill(and the xp goes gradually from 50 to 60k from ~85 to 98) assuming maximum efficiency, agility, on the other hand, 70k an hour at level 86(pies), more depending on how fast you can BA, max 100k an hour, much less repetitive and the loss in clicking speed doesn't result in as dramatic efficiency loss. Only skill which can compete with RC is slayer, but as we all know, the lack of repetitiveness actually makes it enjoyable, but in terms of pure xp, factoring in effigies for slayer(since it would make sense to count those) is around the same xp/h rating as RC.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Not including dung or effigies/assist then I feel it is in this order.

Runecrafting

Slayer

Both pretty much non-profitable when using fastest methods or very profitable when using slower methods which is a good balance to choose from for most players.

Everything else is simple enough. When you include effigies then things have become seriously easier. 30k a day = 840k/700k a month. (JUST ASSISTNG.) Just do gathering skills while assisting the money skills. It both saves the time making the money and training the skill, or assist runecrafting being the only slow assistable skill. Assisting either 97 construction or craft is the easiest in my experience, takes minutes to find someone and assist them. Better yet! Train slayer! That 840k a month becomes 90k a day or so depending how many you get. Assisting is slower when only 91 so its better to get assisting 15k a pop so you can be finished within 10 minutes a day. (Which is why I dropped everything I doing and trained crafting and con to 97 days after the effigy released to be done within minutes instead lol. I hate finding two people.) Anyway, this isnt meant to be a guide, nor do I even like effigies...

Firemaking is probably the most overrated easy skill there is. I dont think its necessary an easy 99. I have got 22.5m xp in that but I still dont consider it an 'easy' or near the bottom of difficulties compared to others I have trained.. Once they add 'make x' then it becomes cooking but atm its like cooking used to be in difficulty.

The most expensive being prayer as its both non-effigy and you dont get pots to use afterwards like in herb.

Just go based off the number of people with 99s.

The information is readily available at runescapewiki.

1. Runecrafting

2. Construction

3. Herblore

4. Agility

5. Smithing

6. Farming

7. Mining

Don't count dungeoneering, its too new.

Construction and Herblore are only 'rare' because of the high cost.

Cost must factor into the difficulty of a skill. However, Construction is much cheaper than prayer (so is smithing, especially with SC hammers) and so only the uselessness put them on that list. Farming is also a cheap skill if you buy the right seeds, it's just a constant commitment. Nowhere close to other skills in difficulty though.

Herblore can cost more than 300m depending what potions you make. At a time value of 2m/hour for the average player that's 150 hours of moneymaking plus maybe 25 hours of potionmaking - that's an hourly rate of about 63k experience. However, many players have extra cash to burn and don't necessarily place a value on time. I would not say herblore is the hardest skill.

One skill that wasn't mentioned was fishing. However, this can be done mostly AFK, and once you make it to level 90, you can practically leave your computer for 4.5 minutes at a time and still make a nice hourly profit. The exp rates aren't great, but it's decent enough that the ease of AFKing can be worked into anyone's schedule.

Agility is around 55-60k hourly experience at the high levels for the average clicker; however, by playing Barbarian Assault you can significantly increase this to 75k+. Good teams are not hard to find even on w6 if you play at peak times and are smart in choosing other players. Though boring for many people it doesn't come close to runecrafting. Mining can also be significantly sped up from 50-55k at LRC to 70k+, and you don't have to click nearly as much while doing it.

That leaves runecrafting and dungeoneering. Runecrafting is the slowest skill in the game except for Slayer, but since Slayer makes about the same amount of money as runecrafting and is much more fun for the average person to train, it's not considered a very hard skill. Few players, however, can do much more than 50k exp/hour at ZMI. In the 80s the average will be even less. Grahk runecrafting and crafting death runes through the abyss are popular ways of training in the 90s since they make semi-high hourly profits, but they are barely 25-30k experience per hour. In all runecrafting has the click intensity of agility combined with the slowness of Slayer and no longer makes such great money that these are minor inconveniences.

Dungeoneering is very slow experience unless you find the good teams or join a clan. The average player in w117 is earning under 40k exp/hour no matter how fast they say they can rush. However, with batch 2 this will get faster and I predict that Dungeoneering clans will grow and expand to a lot more players. In addition, the class rings, new weapons, and other small improvements and bugfixes will greatly speed up the skill. With new floors and higher prestige I expect experience rates to soar and place dungeoneering past agility and mining.

2496 Completionist

Alot easier? Finding those particular assists isn't a walk in the park(as your sig shows) and you need atleast 91 to get the xp(less with boosts, but noone is going to wait for you to soup up 5 levels). Furthermore, rc maxes at 60k xp an hour, with little to no enjoyment in the skill(and the xp goes gradually from 50 to 60k from ~85 to 98) assuming maximum efficiency, agility, on the other hand, 70k an hour at level 86(pies), more depending on how fast you can BA, max 100k an hour, much less repetitive and the loss in clicking speed doesn't result in as dramatic efficiency loss. Only skill which can compete with RC is slayer, but as we all know, the lack of repetitiveness actually makes it enjoyable, but in terms of pure xp, factoring in effigies for slayer(since it would make sense to count those) is around the same xp/h rating as RC.

at lvl 95+, it is a walk in the park

at lvl 91 it's very hard

lvl 93 doesn't take too much effort, especially since you can chop ivies while you wait or what not.

My signature is there because I'm not quite lvl 93 yet.

but 93 is still just under half the xp to 99

Finding a good BA team, i'd say, can be very tough if you don't already have full penance, or a good BA rank.

Naaxi.png

at lvl 95+, it is a walk in the park

at lvl 91 it's very hard

lvl 93 doesn't take too much effort, especially since you can chop ivies while you wait or what not.

My signature is there because I'm not quite lvl 93 yet.

but 93 is still just under half the xp to 99

Finding a good BA team, i'd say, can be very tough if you don't already have full penance, or a good BA rank.

Really, if you think about it, assisting shouldn't even be considered in terms of skill hardness. Why? Who is not to say that in the time that you gain those 30k RC xp, you also lose the potential to gain 30k smith/farm/herb or construction xp, and if you factor in the loss of that xp, rc is only minutely easier. What you gain on the one hand you lose on the other, so it's rather 840k RC xp minus 840k of any of those other experiences every month, and if you consider the time it takes to max any of the skills, farming would then become the hardest.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

runecrafting - its slow exp only goes to rc

agility - its slow

mining - its slow

dungeoneering with a bad team - makes you wanna kill someone

summoning- killing fiends aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

herblore - lots of time needed to moneymake

farm- have to wait sooo long a whole week at lvl 98 cant take it!!!

crafting/construction - n00b jagex whyd u release dungeoneering when i only had 80 more hours of sc to play! geez noobs

those were the hardest for me lol

StarViv.png

Really, if you think about it, assisting shouldn't even be considered in terms of skill hardness. Why? Who is not to say that in the time that you gain those 30k RC xp, you also lose the potential to gain 30k smith/farm/herb or construction xp, and if you factor in the loss of that xp, rc is only minutely easier. What you gain on the one hand you lose on the other, so it's rather 840k RC xp minus 840k of any of those other experiences every month, and if you consider the time it takes to max any of the skills, farming would then become the hardest.

This conversation is going to take forever at this rate lol

How about we each make a chart of the total time and money(or profit) it takes to 99 in each skill (and lets assume all 60 floors of daemonheim are out) and debate from there :P

or perhaps the efficiency ratios of each of the skills (granted this would be a function, dependent on the current level of the assumed player)

nevermind scratch that that would take too long.

anyways I took a closer look at the BA horn. with 100k xp/hour I guess agility falls out off as the hardest 99

Naaxi.png

You make zero profit with getting 99 agility, I think that makes it harder than runecrafting because there is not really a motivator to get 99 agility other than the cape. But those two skills are pretty close.

If you do the agility arena you can spend the points on Pirate Hooks, I think those used to me 1m at one time.

30k in those skills doesn't really come close to the time value of 30k Runecrafting exp except maybe Slayer, but you can't assist that.

Moneywise, only herblore would be worthy of consideration for that 30k chunk of experience compared to runecrafting. But generally, for players that are even in the ballpark of maxing, time is more of an issue than money. (Ie, time spent earning money is no longer a factor.)

2496 Completionist

Runecrafting or Slayer, but I'd say RC, since it is far more repetitive. However, botting RC is far easier, and I know people do it, so I'd say slayer, as far as highscores and respect go.

I think that, if a player has turm/best gear/x pots/cannon/titan that slayer is faster, however most slayers don't have these.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I'm a little biased toward slayer mainly because it's my favorite activity in runescape, and I do consider it the hardest 99 just because of it's slowness. But If I were to take a totally neutral perspective I'd say rc is the hardest because it's just as slow to train as slayer (if not slower) and far more tedious.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Just go based off the number of people with 99s.

The information is readily available at runescapewiki.

1. Runecrafting

2. Construction

3. Herblore

4. Agility

5. Smithing

6. Farming

7. Mining

Don't count dungeoneering, its too new.

That isn't accurate because some skills are more popular and beneficial than others, so there are going to be more people training them, which equals more 99s. Also some skills have been out longer than others (of course there are going to be less 99s in dungeoneering)

Quite sure runecrafting is more profitable than mining, smithing and agility and it has been out longer.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

If you do zmi to 99 starting from 65-75, RC will probably average out to a faster rate than slayer. And these days there's really no reason to go the cash route with RC.

However there's no great way to put a rate on slayer; it can vary incredibly depending on combat stats, gear, tasks skipped/canceled, etc.

I'd still put RC at the top, closely followed by slayer.

All things considered.

Runecrafting

Slayer

Herblore

Construction

It goes from there.

No Herblore. Herblore is extremely fast if you have the money.

You aren't taking into account the time used to make the money, although even so herb is still fast.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Herblore takes about 40 hours and 325 mil gp using efficient potions and extreme potions (IE no cleaning of herbs, barbarian mixes, etc)

[spoiler=Calculations]extreme attack potions are one of the more efficient potions available atm

they require 88 herblore and get 450k xp/hour at 25 gp/xp

19 hours and 216 mil gp

and before that its about 200k xp/hour but also at roughly 25 gp/xp

So lets assume you're not an epic merchant.

If you can hunt good bosses and earn just over 3 mil gp/hour, thats still about a total investment of 140 hours.

if you only make 2 mil per hour, that makes the skill take 200 hours

and 260 if you only make 1 mil gp/hour

agility can take as little as 160 hours if you train it smart.

Runecrafting is still about 250 hours with pure ZMI though

slayer can be done in under 300 hours with appropriate stats, and remember it nets you effigies (which can be spent on slayer, but we're assuming you dont) and alot of xp in combat skills.

I wouldn't underestimate the impact of the pricetag of herblore.

Naaxi.png

All things considered.

Runecrafting

Slayer

Herblore

Construction

It goes from there.

Notice "all things considered"

In other words, money is a consideration, a big consideration.

Also i forgot summoning, thats hard as well.

O.O

Quite a few. RuneCrafting, Summoning, Herblore, Prayer, Slayer, Farming, Mining. Dungeoneering too, depending on how well you know how to level. Hardest in my opinion? Summoning.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Slayer and agility. Because I like construction, mining, rc and firemaking.

Dont ask why.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I actually find "bank skills" to be the hardest. I don't like AFKing a game.

But seriously, I think agility, dungeoneering, slayer, and runecrafting are the hardest skills, in that order. Agility is exactly like runecrafting, but none of the profit and faster exp. Dungeoneering and slayer require a lot of attention, memorization of methods, and rely more on personal skill than any other skill. Runecrafting is slow exp and mind-numbingly tedious.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.