Hardest 99?

o_ztejas_o

Dungeoneering and slayer require a lot of attention, memorization of methods, and rely more on personal skill than any other skill.

This. Even when more floors come out and dungeoneering inevitably hits 150k+ xp/hr, it will still be the most difficult skill in the game because of the skill and strategy involved. Slayer has a similar paradigm. Everything else is simple and easy and anyone can do it.

Also, why isn't this in Questionnaires?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eating Dung. Simply because it doesn't involve running in circles like every other skill

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

No Herblore. Herblore is extremely fast if you have the money.

Herblore takes about 40 hours and 325 mil gp using efficient potions and extreme potions (IE no cleaning of herbs, barbarian mixes, etc)

[spoiler=Calculations]extreme attack potions are one of the more efficient potions available atm

they require 88 herblore and get 450k xp/hour at 25 gp/xp

19 hours and 216 mil gp

and before that its about 200k xp/hour but also at roughly 25 gp/xp

So lets assume you're not an epic merchant.

If you can hunt good bosses and earn just over 3 mil gp/hour, thats still about a total investment of 140 hours.

if you only make 2 mil per hour, that makes the skill take 200 hours

and 260 if you only make 1 mil gp/hour

agility can take as little as 160 hours if you train it smart.

Runecrafting is still about 250 hours with pure ZMI though

slayer can be done in under 300 hours with appropriate stats, and remember it nets you effigies (which can be spent on slayer, but we're assuming you dont) and alot of xp in combat skills.

I wouldn't underestimate the impact of the pricetag of herblore.

most monster hunters wind up becoming merchants in my experience lol

I wouldn't put any buyables on the list. For some people they are indeed very slow, but there is an increasing number of people who can accurately say that they value time at 10m or more gp/hr. And for these people at least, the buyables are most certainly not challenging.

I'll agree with the people who put RC at #1 even though it's faster than slayer, which is what I'd put at #2.

Dung really isn't dififcult. It takes more skill than other skills, but once you join a clan like DGE you still cruise through it at half an hour/floor (though getting teams can take some time too. that's why you keep battlestaffs and orbs in your bank). Doing it well takes practice, but so does hunting well and I don't see that anywhere.

mining is no more difficult than woodcutting or fishing now

Really, the eye opener here has been the rarity/perceived difficulty of construction. I guess we really need some incentives to go past level 69 (where you can easily build your own guilded altar). Construction is not a particularly hard skill and its pricetag has remained relatively unchanged while the value of gp has plummeted. The only problem is that nobody WANTS to train construction.

2496 Completionist

Free play prayer.

Its extremely high cost (for F2P), click-intensiveness, and mediocre exp makes it very tough.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

This too, but considering how much easier it is in p2p, its not really the hardest 99 :D

In free play, you're just getting 99 prayer either for the 99 or for the points. Protection prayers aside, prayer is pretty much useless in f2p.

Members have piety, turmoil, soul split and deflect prayers, so obviously they would want to train it there.

Plus the fact they have ecto and glided boosts.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I'd say RC by far ^^ You can't afk a single second of it, while you can semi-afk Slayer (reading a book, browsing forums etc)

You can only AFK slayer if you're content with getting 10k exp/h. Slayer is much more click-intensive than runecrafting if you're using turmoil, extremes/overloads, dragon claws, spec restores, a cannon, and a steel/iron titan.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

You can only AFK slayer if you're content with getting 10k exp/h. Slayer is much more click-intensive than runecrafting if you're using turmoil, extremes/overloads, dragon claws, spec restores, a cannon, and a steel/iron titan.

People slay like that?

WHAT THE HELL!!

O.O

dunogeneering

it's the only one that requires some sort of actual skill.

All the other ones are click here, do something there, bank. repeat.

(he said hardest, not longest btw)

Hardest is longest...

Even dungeoneering becomes pretty much like any other skill after a while. Only its faster and actually fun.

O.O

People slay like that?

WHAT THE HELL!!

Of course. It's the only way to slay. :thumbup:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I have to agree that the hardest is the longest [in the context of rs skills].

The only thing seperating the 'hard' skills from the 'easy' skills is the experience rate. If you take Mining and Woodcutting, you basically do the exact same thing but mining is a lot slower and so it is harder to get.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010