Hardest 99?

o_ztejas_o

I'd like to vote for agility: agility offers little rewards, unlike runecrafting or slayer, making agility way more tedious for most players.

Agility offers little rewards? :blink:

It offers rewards in 3 different skills, as well as helping in practically every aspect of runescape that requires travel.

The rewards arent immediately noticable, but they exist.

dont forget agile.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quests aren't a skill, but the quest cape follows the same skill cape theme, and I think Jagex meant it to be a "special" skill cape.

True also that it requires more exp than a 99, but a lot of reqs for quests are already done (for example, say you had 55 magic to cast high alch, then you found out about desert treasure and said, "hey cool, I already have 50 magic!")

Yea, but also at the same time, quests are constantly added into the game.

I remember saying this a few years ago, but the quest cape will eventually be the longest/hardest cape for a new player to get simply because quests are added all the time.

O.O

Of course for those of us who already have it it is a simple matter of continually maintenance and getting the 1-2 skills that got higher each time a new quest comes out and then doing it. but yes, if runescape goes on long enough the questcape will be insanely long and difficult someday. Who knows, maybe a few... decades from now there will be a quest with a 99 skill requirement. or low to mid 90's at least. lol

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012

Of course for those of us who already have it it is a simple matter of continually maintenance and getting the 1-2 skills that got higher each time a new quest comes out and then doing it. but yes, if runescape goes on long enough the questcape will be insanely long and difficult someday. Who knows, maybe a few... decades from now there will be a quest with a 99 skill requirement. or low to mid 90's at least. lol

That or jagex feeds a bone to all those level 138's and decides to make some insanely hard quest.

O.O

Runecrafting. Slow and boring!

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

construction isnt expensive anymore. It's like 6 gp/xp with SC hammers.

people just don't think construction is a cool skill.

Construction is cheap like a Cooking Cape.

Gotta' no-life the 99 though, so why bother.

construction cheap?

lolwat

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Guys, firemaking is NOT hard. You can do it in like a week, not no-lifing at all, if you have a good Barbarian Assault team. It doesn't require much mental attention, just clicking. I found firemaking to be the easiest of my 99's, even cooking. The experience bar just went up so fast that I was almost surprised that I had 99. No pun intended, but I wasn't even CLOSE to "burned out" by 99 firemaking. I felt like I still had a good 4-5M experience left in me, and after I max out my melees, I think I'm going to get 15 or 16M firemaking just for the lulz.

Oh, by the way, Slayer is easily the hardest if you're starting out with level one everything.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

construction cheap?

lolwat

Compared to many other skills nowadays, Construction is incredibly cheap. Right now it's under 5 gp/xp. You just have to deal with getting SC hammers, but it's well worth it.

100523232837.png

Are you winning The Game?

Oh, by the way, Slayer is easily the hardest if you're starting out with level one everything.

That is true if you consider there to be no combat skills in the game, as in, those skills can't be trained as they come hand-in-hand with slayer, IF you consider there to be combat skills in the game, and understand that training them takes time, too, slayer shouldn't be, and looking at how popular it is, isn't a particularly hard skill. Slayer is a hard 99 if you are 99 att/str/def/hp/ranged/magic and summoning, as the only efficient xp you are getting then is slayer xp, and the rate is the lowest in game. If you aren't maxed in those stats, slayer can be considered 200-300k an hour skill. As for training skills with no stats at all, it is whole new discussion and really hard to realistically simulate, so assuming 80-99 or 90-99 is much more relevant in the discussion(since there is no reason to max out skills without becoming atleast somewhat wellrounded).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

That is true if you consider there to be no combat skills in the game, as in, those skills can't be trained as they come hand-in-hand with slayer, IF you consider there to be combat skills in the game, and understand that training them takes time, too, slayer shouldn't be, and looking at how popular it is, isn't a particularly hard skill. Slayer is a hard 99 if you are 99 att/str/def/hp/ranged/magic and summoning, as the only efficient xp you are getting then is slayer xp, and the rate is the lowest in game. If you aren't maxed in those stats, slayer can be considered 200-300k an hour skill. As for training skills with no stats at all, it is whole new discussion and really hard to realistically simulate, so assuming 80-99 or 90-99 is much more relevant in the discussion(since there is no reason to max out skills without becoming atleast somewhat wellrounded).

I'd tend to agree. I mean, training Slayer even from Turael assignments is incredibly futile with Level 1 Attack, Strength, and Defense with no other skills or money.

That being said, I'm going to have an awfully hard time training slayer after I've maxed Strength, Defence, and Ranged. Strength and Defence both have about 6.5M XP left, that's 13M total of xp and about 4.25M more slayer XP. After that, it's less than 2M for Ranged. There's still another 1M experience or so left to go... ugh. At least cannon will help mitigate some of that, but boss hunting will give all that and more back. I may be stuck at 97 or 98 Slayer for a long time.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

construction cheap?

lolwat

Compared to many other skills nowadays, Construction is incredibly cheap. Right now it's under 5 gp/xp. You just have to deal with getting SC hammers, but it's well worth it.

Getting over 200 SC hammers as well as 50 mill seems pretty darn hard to me.

O.O

Wouldn't Dung be harder than Slayer, with everything starting at 1? You can cannon slayer at least.

Shivan.png

It's called the "Grand Exchange," and not the "Grand Alwaysatyourservicetodoyourbidding,regardlessoftheneedsofothers," for a reason.

107,992 to 99 cooking

96,545 to 99 fletching

24,699 to 99 smithing

I would indeed be happy if someone stopped spreading cancer all over this place. Even though it tends to be funny to read, but not as much when someone who demands people to make way for him comes along and decides to call others arrogant.

Wouldn't Dung be harder than Slayer, with everything starting at 1? You can cannon slayer at least.

When you are low leveled, monsters are very, very easy, so probably not by a large margin.

Well if a level 3 manages to reach to the point where he meets boss monsters like Bal'Lak the Pummeller, then we have a problem.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I tried making a new account and going strait to dungeoneering to see what it was like.

I ran out of hiem crabs (the ONLY food you get) in the first room. The monsters are only level 1-2, but when there's 3-4 of them on you, and you have level 1 in all your combats, you aren't going to get very far.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

99 slay is by far the hardest IMO. Would have put rc but I have a friend irl who plays rs and 100% botted 99 rc in 3 months of 24/7 nat macros. If bots and macros didn't exist though, rc hands down.

Click here for all the good stuff

[hide]Drops: 2x Basilisk Head 1x KBD Heads 1x Bando's Tasset (FFA) 45x D Boots 1x D Legs 1x D Med 1x Visage (Fd) 40+Effigy 4x Whip 3x Claws 4x Elite Clues

Barrows: 1x Karil's Top 2x Ahrim's Top 1x Guthan's Spear 1x Guthan's Skirt 1x Karil's X bow 1x Verac's Brassard 1x D Med 1x Guthan's Platebody 1x Karil's Coif 1x Torag's Hammers

Corp: 1x Arcane Split 1x Missed Arcane

DK: 6x Zerker 2x Warrior 8x Hatchet 1x Seercul 2x Mud Staff 2x Seers 4x Archer

Achievements:

99 Attack 6/20/10 101,194th 99 Cooking 7/20/10 122,253rd 99 Magic 9/7/10 71,666th 99 HP 9/9/10 101,964th

99 Range 11/6/10 74,927th 99 Strength 11/7/10 164,778th 99 Defence 12/5/10 92,351st 2,100 Total 11/25/10

Firecape 8/3/10 Extremes 8/14/10 Turmoil 9/26/10 Rapier 10/15/10

http://www.youtube.com/user/Greg2952

[/hide]

Dungeoneering is very recent, but should setle in the 10 or so rarest capes in the game, say, 2-3 years from now.

Agility is very boring. Very, very boring.

Runecrafting is very, very long.

Slayer is pretty much giving up a bit of speed in other skills to raise another, no really really big deal.

Firemaking is probably the most boring, but one can buy magic logs for a pretty low price and get it done in 35 - 40 hours. Guess it calls for buying a TV serie you like on DVD.

Mining is now just like fishing, perhaps longer?

Herblore and prayer are very easy skills, but gaining the money can be a pretty hard task. Where looking at 280-300M (?) for herby, which is quite a while for most of us.

Constuction is either half of prayer or a huge lot of SC. Depends.

WarBlastoise.png

No skill is really "hard" to get. If we were to go by difficulty to get. Definitely the quest cape even though its not a skill the quests are hard. Mournings End part 2 and Nomad's Requiem without using quest guides? No thanks.

If I was to try and name one hard skill to get it would be dungeoneering though probably. Runecrafting is just repetitive. Dungeoneering is too, but the bosses are actually hard if you don't know what your doing.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png