Hardest 99?

o_ztejas_o

You can only AFK slayer if you're content with getting 10k exp/h. Slayer is much more click-intensive than runecrafting if you're using turmoil, extremes/overloads, dragon claws, spec restores, a cannon, and a steel/iron titan.

People slay like that?

WHAT THE HELL!!

Of course. It's the only way to slay. :thumbup:

Agreed , except for the cannon (I just don't like cannons :unsure:)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any skill is hard if you dislike it. Ask anyone who hates training Firemaking but likes training Runecrafting...

You won't find anyone that likes training either of those

So wrong! :D I do like training FM. I made a guide for it and a few videos on youtube. I have 2 accounts with 99 FM and more than 50m total FM exp. Normal lines are boring but I never do them.

And actually I like RCing but it's so slow, especially in F2P. The way to RC is nice but the outcome isn't. There are still a few people who only play GOP which is totally different to normal RC.

[404] Signature not found.

I don't consider saying the skill is long means it's hard.

I certainly didn't think Slayer was hard.

My 'opinion' stands (the thread asked for opinions)

Dungeoneering is like slayer in which they are both not repetitive, only slayer takes longer.

Its a combination of factors, but dungeoneering definately isnt the hardest, it may be hard in the sense that it actually requires skill, but it only takes a short time to learn all these skills, and after that its like every other skill only its far shorter, and thus, easier. And dungeoneering isnt even that hard, its not like powermining granite where to keep good XP your arms have to literally fall off.

Though, in some things like pre LRC mining, despite being faster than some other skills, it was also hard because it required constant attention and mindnumbing powermining in order to get fast XP.

O.O

RC. Hands down. Anybody who disagrees is either a DIY-er, isn't efficient or doesn't know what they are talking about.

This hits the nail on the head hands down.

I have all the hard 99s (with the exception of dung, if thats even hard, im not sure) and i can tell you that runecrafting is the hardest.

You almost have to hate yourself to level runecrafting to 99.

PS: Mining is like fishing and woodcutting now... nice and easy.

Fools_Taco.png

Dungeoneering obviously.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

I'd say RC by far ^^ You can't afk a single second of it, while you can semi-afk Slayer (reading a book, browsing forums etc)

You can only AFK slayer if you're content with getting 10k exp/h. Slayer is much more click-intensive than runecrafting if you're using turmoil, extremes/overloads, dragon claws, spec restores, a cannon, and a steel/iron titan.

you can afk dark beasts =p

I'd say RC by far ^^ You can't afk a single second of it, while you can semi-afk Slayer (reading a book, browsing forums etc)

you can afk dark beasts =p

The WHOLE time I was typing that post I was thinking "except dark beasts." I should've added that in there. :lol:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I find it odd that you all think runecrafting is really tedious. Getting 85 wasn't all that bad. I found agility to be much more painful, but maybe that's just me.

Money skills aside, I know that agility, slayer and runecrafting (and at the moment, dungeoneering) are the hardest (but not necessarily slowest) skills. Agility is rather slow experience leading up to 70, and has no profit involved beyond the extra run energy. Slayer is the slowest exp/hour overall and requires many other stats/skills, and runecrafting is rather repetitive but gains money. It's going to be different for everyone I suppose. Since the introduction of effigies, I can get 30k+ rc exp an hour just by training slayer, which is how I plan to get 99.

ZMFg2.jpg

I personally think Agility is, Due to the fact it can be slow exp at certain levels and the amount of times you fail it will bring you to rage quitting.

I enjoy runecrafting because atleast you gain some sort of profit out of it, So I don't think that's hard at all.

dzuz3d.jpg

I personally think Agility is, Due to the fact it can be slow exp at certain levels and the amount of times you fail it will bring you to rage quitting.

I enjoy runecrafting because atleast you gain some sort of profit out of it, So I don't think that's hard at all.

This is so true.

I have 99 agility and 83 runecrafting. Runecrafting is just ridiculous. At least I could read a book while doing Agility; there's enough downtime while doing obstacles that it wasn't that bad. Runecrafting requires constant attention. Not fun.

I'm currently thinking about going for 99 Firemaking, because it's one of the few skills that isn't hampered by being F2P. I also want some trim on my Agility cape. :)

I'd like to vote for agility: agility offers little rewards, unlike runecrafting or slayer, making agility way more tedious for most players.

Mining used to be hard, too, before the living rock caverns exist.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

I have 99 agility and 83 runecrafting. Runecrafting is just ridiculous. At least I could read a book while doing Agility; there's enough downtime while doing obstacles that it wasn't that bad. Runecrafting requires constant attention. Not fun.

Reading a book while training agility? Best I can do is watch a video and even then I sometimes miss things <_<

2496 Completionist

I can watch video while training all the skills except dungeoneering(if I want to be a good team player). You can get 1mil+ Agility exp while on your way to 99 Hunter.

An optimist will tell you the glass is half-full; the pessimist, half-empty; and the engineer will tell you the glass is twice the size it needs to be.

I don't think anyone has mentioned quest cape yet, thoughts on it?

I have heard from numerous people it's harder than any 99 and I believe them, but maybe they are wrong.

Other than that, I think hardest 99 consensus is prob:

1. Runecrafting

2. Slayer

3. Agility

Continue!

Runescape is a game, if you aren't having fun then don't play, if you can't stop playing then quit.

Add this to your sig if you've seen every "new" skill released.

I have heard from numerous people it's harder than any 99 and I believe them, but maybe they are wrong.

Other than that, I think hardest 99 consensus is prob:

1. Runecrafting

2. Slayer

3. Agility

Continue!

Quest cape is definitely a lot harder than most 99s, but it's much more fun, so it's hard to call it hard.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Depends on how you describe "hard" but I don't recall any skill requiring solving puzzles or too much brainwork. Not to mention you need more total xp for qp cape than for level 99 in any skill. But then again, quests are not a skill so I'm just gonna throw runecrafting because I find it the most boring skill to do.
Sephy.png

Quests aren't a skill, but the quest cape follows the same skill cape theme, and I think Jagex meant it to be a "special" skill cape.

True also that it requires more exp than a 99, but a lot of reqs for quests are already done (for example, say you had 55 magic to cast high alch, then you found out about desert treasure and said, "hey cool, I already have 50 magic!")

Runescape is a game, if you aren't having fun then don't play, if you can't stop playing then quit.

Add this to your sig if you've seen every "new" skill released.

I'd like to vote for agility: agility offers little rewards, unlike runecrafting or slayer, making agility way more tedious for most players.

Agility offers little rewards? :blink:

It offers rewards in 3 different skills, as well as helping in practically every aspect of runescape that requires travel.

The rewards arent immediately noticable, but they exist.

O.O