Best way to get elite clues?

bedman

My only Elite clue has come from KBD (Slayer task of 48), despite me also killing a total of 1257 Mithril, Iron & Bronze Dragons & a further 624 Strykewyrms which have produced 8 Lvl 3's, so using these figures it would appear that killing the KBD would appear to be the best bet!!

However, as with everything in this game, its all random......

the_lad_1.png

If I was you, I'd just do slayer.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Lv 4, rare dropchance

Lv 1, 2 & 3 random dropchance.

Assuming the dropchance is equal (which i highly doubt) on all monsters that have a chance of dropping them it would be best to kill the monsters with lowest hp/defence, overall the ones which are easiest to kill.

But like i said, i doubt the dropchance is equal, jungle strykes being the lowest level probably has a much rarer droprate than the highest level which drops elites.

So i'm afraid noone will yet be able to supply you with an answer you'd like.

I got an elite on my 5th bronze kill, did get a few lv 3's from irons and steels afterwards but no elites.

I also got an elite from my 67th ice stryke kill.

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

How's that help him get elite clues besides the average one task every ten to twenty that will be a metal dragon or black dragons etc.

Camping bronze dragons wouldn't be a terrible idea. I've heard drop rates as low as one and fifty.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

Might as well kill something that makes up for the use of overloads/rapier, which are usually higher-levelled monsters. I doubt you'll break even on bronzes.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I've been killing bronzes in Chaos Tunnels, the cave past Black Demons - Its multi there & 2 spawns, so can bring decent fighting familiar to speed things up. They can easily be tanked as well.

I've tried with Steel Titan & that wasn't that good - next time will bring Wolpetinger & hope the mage attack works better.

Don't steal my world :)

the_lad_1.png

i heard kbd is the best for elites. your best off training there and then killing bork daily and skeletal thing once a week. if you really love slayer then block 5 tasks that don't give elite scrolls.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

How's that help him get elite clues besides the average one task every ten to twenty that will be a metal dragon or black dragons etc.

Camping bronze dragons wouldn't be a terrible idea. I've heard drop rates as low as one and fifty.

Metal dragons aren't the only monsters that drop them :rolleyes:

I got 2 elite clues in one task of Jungle Strykewyrms. So the list of monsters could be very broad.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I'm sure most have read it, but this is from the faq....

"Does the rarity of the clue depend on how tough the monster is that drops it? I.e. Mole would be extremely rare, Kree'ara would drop uncommonly."

Generally speaking thats true, but not in all cases. Some monsters which have a kill limit like the Skeletal Horror are even more generous.

Not much help, but I'm guessing that Strykewyrms are in the "kill-limited" group.

I've been getting Abyssal Demons just about every other slayer task since the update, and for the first time since I've been playing the game I'm actually disappointed when I see that I got them.

"Does the rarity of the clue depend on how tough the monster is that drops it? I.e. Mole would be extremely rare, Kree'ara would drop uncommonly."

Generally speaking thats true, but not in all cases. Some monsters which have a kill limit like the Skeletal Horror are even more generous.

Not much help, but I'm guessing that Strykewyrms are in the "kill-limited" group.

I've been getting Abyssal Demons just about every other slayer task since the update, and for the first time since I've been playing the game I'm actually disappointed when I see that I got them.

Hahha, guess i was right.

Theory confirmed :D

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

Generally speaking that’s true, but not in all cases. Some monsters which have a kill limit like the Skeletal Horror are even more generous.

Hahha, guess i was right.

Theory confirmed :D

Oo that's great to know! I've been more studious than ever in killing Bork and Skeletal Horror. I haven't gotten an Elite clue yet (or very many lvl 3's even...) but Kuradals been assigning me things that don't drop elites. :P I'm just sticking to slayer and Bork and Skeletal Horror to get clues. :D

Blakdragon39.png

Might as well kill something that makes up for the use of overloads/rapier, which are usually higher-levelled monsters. I doubt you'll break even on bronzes.

He's not asking to break even. It is a factor for most people but a lot of high levels can waste away money on say overloading and taking bronze dragons, then go do an hour of frost dragon bone collecting and pay off hrs of bronze dragon camping easy.

Then he gets his elites and profits even more.

Metal dragons aren't the only monsters that drop them :rolleyes:

I got 2 elite clues in one task of Jungle Strykewyrms. So the list of monsters could be very broad.

True but the fact is he is asking the fastest way to get elites. What do we know? It's a somewhat rare random drop. Sounds like bad odds to me. How do you increase those odds, you kill more faster. If u end up doing slayer your essentially wasting time getting tasks, skipping tasks or doing tasks that do not drop elites, etc. Sure isn't a huge deal for most of us, but this guy is asking for the best way to get elites. And I'm sorry but doing slayer is not the best way.

Happy hunting, and sounds like doing Bork and skeletal horror will give u two good chances. And if you have a slayer task that drops elites that could be good too.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

Forgive my ignorance, I was under the impression that you could only kill the Sleletal Horrow weekly, however, I've now seen plenty of people saying kill 'him' daily. When I check my quest log I'm advised I can kill him again in the next 6 days etc - which is correct?

Obviously, I'll kill him daily if i can.

the_lad_1.png

Forgive my ignorance, I was under the impression that you could only kill the Sleletal Horrow weekly, however, I've now seen plenty of people saying kill 'him' daily. When I check my quest log I'm advised I can kill him again in the next 6 days etc - which is correct?

Obviously, I'll kill him daily if i can.

Skeletal horror is once a week.

imevil.jpg

If you're going to kill for clue scrolls, you might as well kill something that gives good rewards even if you don't get a good clue drop, e.g. mithril dragons, slayer training, TDs, DKs, Bork, Skeletal Horror.

Kbd is horrible for elites. You only have 1 spawn to kill, and have to wait for it to spawn or hop. Dks are the best followed by mithril dragons I would assume going on purely kills/hour.