Minecraft General

demby123

Dizzle, one thing thats happened to me, start a new world on that world. You'll sometimes generate that world but with a new spawn point. just use MCEDIT to hover around and find it if its there and change your spawn point. :thumbup:

OT: I dunno what building I should make. I suck :(

Popoto.~<3

Dizzle, one thing thats happened to me, start a new world on that world. You'll sometimes generate that world but with a new spawn point. just use MCEDIT to hover around and find it if its there and change your spawn point. :thumbup:

OT: I dunno what building I should make. I suck :(

Make a huge underground metropolis! :thumbsup:

Nah, I tried that. It's freaking gone. 50+ hours of work freaking gone. When I start a new world, [bleep] mining. INVedit is my new mine.

Yeah, after you loose a world you're better of just INV-editing for building. It's fun too, less grinding. :thumbsup:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Some screenshots of my castle:

So here it is. I'm still working on the details but the basic layout is pretty much done.

2011-01-10_032616.png

This is the front which hasn't really changed since the beginning. Added some moss stone to make it look nicer.

2011-01-10_032416.png

Here's the inside of the castle which doesn't hold anything as of yet. I don't really have an idea of what to put here.

2011-01-10_032435.png

Same but from above.

2011-01-10_032454.png

Here's the cave under my castle. I've hit the bottom of the map now.

2011-01-10_032403.png

As you can see it's quite a way down.

2011-01-10_032319.png

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

What should I add to my current castle? Above me is my Infini water pool and my chest "area". Below is my underwater entrance and my mob killing area that isn't working...

So, what should I add?:

One end of area

2011-01-10_170724.png

The other end

2011-01-10_170738.png

And the mob trapper that doesn't work:

Mob Spawner's:

2011-01-10_170858.png

What is behind it:

2011-01-10_170909.png

Yes I used INVEdit

Any advice for both of these situations?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Add bookshelves, make furniture, add like a kitchen area, etc. Turn it into a house because thats what it look like from the first picture, not a castle.

...and that's way too many torches for my taste.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Add bookshelves, make furniture, add like a kitchen area, etc. Turn it into a house because thats what it look like from the first picture, not a castle.

...and that's way too many torches for my taste.

Ok thanks. And yeah I kinda when over board after creepers kept spawning in my last house... :P

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

You do realize that only the floor has to be lit, right? Everything above the lowest row to the ground is doing nothing to prevent mobs from spawning.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

You do realize that only the floor has to be lit, right? Everything above the lowest row to the ground is doing nothing to prevent mobs from spawning.

No I didn't actually, but it's my house and I wanted it going to the top to the ceiling.

Originally I had a space in between, but I dunno why I changed my mind. After I finish the first bit of my railway I'll change it back.

ojdv.jpg

Lol yeah I was just saying. I usually over light everything too.

I know, sorry if I seemed hostile ;)

3rkid: You know what, after I finish all my current projects I'm going to make Lumbridge in Minecraft.

ojdv.jpg

It'd be pretty cool to make the lot, but it'd be one hell of an undertaking.

I'd probably just do the castle and the walls surrounding it first, then add building when I could be bothered. But jesus, think about how much bricks you would need :shock:

ojdv.jpg

Dorgesh-Kaan would actually be an interesting build, if one could build it somewhat to scale - that'd be the hard part, I think. Trying to strike a balance between it being to scale with the original (one RS tile = one Minecraft block, maybe?) and it being usable.

Kudos to anyone who actually attempts it. I might at some point, or at least start with something slightly smaller scale.

Although if anything, I'd recreate an overworld map of any older Zelda game. Bet you saw that coming >_>

Link to the Past would like be the most interesting one, since I'd have to do the Dark World as well. If the Nether actually had a sky, it'd be perfect for doing the Dark World. As it is, it might work... still a bit too dark for my tastes, although that could add to the difficulty of navigating the Dark World anyway. Mobs would be another issue, if you wanted to actually put in functional dungeons...

Best thing I could think of would be to have portals from the Nether back into the overworld for the Dark World dungeons, and using modded mob spawners (Risugami has a GUI mod for them that lets you choose what mob it spawns, I think - also works for modded in mobs) might work. Unless if said mob spawners also work in the Nether, then forget about using portals, lol.

... Rambling again >.> whoops. Anyway, building stuff from other video games would be an awesome idea, if we each actually had the time and focus for it. I'd love to see some things built, Minecraft style :P

Link_Olaran.png

Dorgesh-Kaan would actually be an interesting build, if one could build it somewhat to scale - that'd be the hard part, I think. Trying to strike a balance between it being to scale with the original (one RS tile = one Minecraft block, maybe?) and it being usable.

Kudos to anyone who actually attempts it. I might at some point, or at least start with something slightly smaller scale.

Although if anything, I'd recreate an overworld map of any older Zelda game. Bet you saw that coming >_>

Link to the Past would like be the most interesting one, since I'd have to do the Dark World as well. If the Nether actually had a sky, it'd be perfect for doing the Dark World. As it is, it might work... still a bit too dark for my tastes, although that could add to the difficulty of navigating the Dark World anyway. Mobs would be another issue, if you wanted to actually put in functional dungeons...

Best thing I could think of would be to have portals from the Nether back into the overworld for the Dark World dungeons, and using modded mob spawners (Risugami has a GUI mod for them that lets you choose what mob it spawns, I think - also works for modded in mobs) might work. Unless if said mob spawners also work in the Nether, then forget about using portals, lol.

... Rambling again >.> whoops. Anyway, building stuff from other video games would be an awesome idea, if we each actually had the time and focus for it. I'd love to see some things built, Minecraft style :P

The problem would lie with walls though... So that may stuff up the scale a bit...

ojdv.jpg

Decided to replicate what I've done on a server, although on a larger scale.

==============

=[][][]=[][][]=[][][]=

=[][][]=[][][]=[][][]=

=[][][]=[][][]=[][][]=

==============

=[][][]=[][][]=[][][]=

=[][][]=[][][]=[][][]=

=[][][]=[][][]=[][][]=

==============

Something like that. =: Open paths, []: Left alone.

Gets a lot mined and looks pretty cool. Going to do that on top , and again, and so on all the way up the side of my pit. Which is from sea level to bedrock, so it shall be fun.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I've started to build an underground city, the only problem I have is I dont know what building structures to make or layout.

Make sure there's lotsa lava for lighting and heating. If you ever played WoW, think of Ironforge. If you ever watched LotR, think of the abandoned dwarvish city in the first movie (but with lava). Remember Keldragrim! (But with a lava river instead of water).

siggy3s.jpg