Minecraft General

demby123

That was just harsh and uncalled for.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=95966&hilit=tron

Posted a link for you Tim, is that the right one?

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Got Minecraft a few days ago and this is what I've made so far:

My house and the entrance to my cave.

MCHouse.png

Said cave:

MCcave.png

Staircase from the cave to the surface:

MCstairs.png

I'm currently just mining a bit under my house. I just now found a small cave underneath where I am digging so maybe I'll find some interesting stuff.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Fun game, isn't it? Keep us updated, overdoziz.

Anyways, is there like, a way for an Single Player map to be hosted on a multiplayer server? I've built a city, but its kinda pointless without other people...

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Fun game, isn't it? Keep us updated, overdoziz.

Anyways, is there like, a way for an Single Player map to be hosted on a multiplayer server? I've built a city, but its kinda pointless without other people...

There is actually. I don't know the specifics, but it basically boils down to hosting the map itself as the save file for the server.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I was running out of supplies to build the cities, so I spent a long time hunting creepers so I could build enough TNT to go to a nearby island and make a great chasm. I had just gone down to mine the chasm, and was on my way out when JESUS HANUKKAH!!!111!!!1!/one

creeperswarm.jpg

And by the way, this comes right after the first one exploded. Five creepers, all attacked at once when I emerged from the mine. After I killed so many to make the hole in the first place.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

creeperswarm.jpg

:mrgreen:

Mess with one creepa, mess with da hood, dawg.

--

I've recently installed several mods in hopes of making Survival more adventurous and exciting. While I'll still INVEdit worlds, sometimes I want just want to go on an adventure. (in another world)

Some mods I've installed are Mo Creature Pack, Humans Plus, and Battle Towers. Anyone have some mod suggestions to add a bit of adventurous twist to the game?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Did beta increase difficulty or something? I was playing on easy, and I swear wherever I turned, I could see at least 5 creepers, many zombies/skeletons and at least one spider.

Not that I have any problems with that, since I'm good at killing them. I made 23 sulphur in one night :D

16185_s.gif

The spawning algorithm changed slightly, affecting the range at which creatures will spawn, as well as despawn from your character. It could be that it keeps mobs on a tighter leash relative to your character now, though I'm not sure. also, mobs always have spawned in packs when possible, so it's possible you just stumbled upon a newly spawned batch of mobs

fishing.gif

Difficulty: Peaceful :thumbup:

Edit: Just found this huge cave and explored it for like an hour. Nothing really special in so far. Only Iron ore and Coal. But really, caves like this make this game awesome.

Edit2: I went a bit deeper into the cave and I've found ~6 diamond ores and a ton load of redstone :D In the end when it seemed that all there was left in the cave were dead-ends I went back to the hole to the surface. But then I looked at the lava stream right next to it and wondered: "Maybe there's another cave where the lava goes." And guess what? I was right. And I now I face another dungeon seemingly even bigger.

A love this game.

Minding my own business setting out a base for my new tower, that is in the sea. Started doing it diagonally as it's meant to be like a circle, not that you can do them...

2 blocks in on the base, I can't place any more, as it's too deep. So I let myself drop, knowing it's only going to be like 5 blocks down.

K, I'ma hit the bottom in the sec. Wait, I'm still falling? OH [cabbage]!

I stumbled across an entrance to an epic underwater cave. THERE IS LITERALLY NO END TO IT.

I start following it, and then I get a choice of caves. So I take one. Then more caves come up. And more. AND MORE. AND MORE.

There is no end to it. I cannot believe what I have just stumbled across. This thing is epic! Didn't find any Diamond, but found plenty of Gold and Iron, and an Obsidian Farm :thumbup:

I'll post some pictures of my world in general soon, and them some of the cave.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Same thing here. After about 3 hours I ended up going back to the surface (finding the exit was surprisingly easy). Got myself 6 Diamond, 27 Gold, ~80 Iron and ~100 Redstone. But like you said, it's really endless. For every way that came to an end 2 more popped up. :ohnoes:

It's just too much!

Same thing here. After about 3 hours I ended up going back to the surface (finding the exit was surprisingly easy). Got myself 6 Diamond, 27 Gold, ~80 Iron and ~100 Redstone. But like you said, it's really endless. For every way that came to an end 2 more popped up. :ohnoes:

It's just too much!

It took me so long to find my way back there was that many options.

At least a good 15 mins looking for the exit...

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I absolutely love Minecraft! Recently though, I bought the game, and I'm just not sure how to approach it. I mean, I watched all of X's videos, which got me into the game, but how do I create something that is original and interesting? :huh:

Basically, I started playing Classic, and yeah, it was pretty awesome what I was trying to build, but I'm not sure how to work with Alpha. My goal was to find a nice island and build a huge defensive wall around it with minecarts, but not sure about the architectural approach :unsure:

Dizzle City now has a subway system :thumbup:

Unfortunately, it can only have one train at a time or there's an increased chance of a problem, so you may have to wait for it :thumbdown:

There's three stations, and it goes over a river of lava at one point, so let's end with a second :thumbup:

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I absolutely love Minecraft! Recently though, I bought the game, and I'm just not sure how to approach it. I mean, I watched all of X's videos, which got me into the game, but how do I create something that is original and interesting? :huh:

Basically, I started playing Classic, and yeah, it was pretty awesome what I was trying to build, but I'm not sure how to work with Alpha. My goal was to find a nice island and build a huge defensive wall around it with minecarts, but not sure about the architectural approach :unsure:

Well first of all, you can't dive in like in Classic. You have to actually work to make stuff, not just build it at free will.

You're going to need wood to make planks, so that you can make a shelter to survive the first night, and make tools. Then go to some stone, mine it and make stone tools.

I suggest reading up on Minecraft Wiki, particularly this: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tutorials/Beginner%27s_guide

ojdv.jpg