Minecraft General

demby123

Just bought :thumbup:

Anyone know what the update will be tomorrow?

http://www.toodledo.com/views/public.php?id=td4b49fbf9c05a0

We can reasonably expect the things listed as being added before beta that we haven't already seen to be implemented. Not a guarantee though, and possibly not even a comprehensive list. I don't know of a list of promised updates.

We might get seasons tomorrow, which means I can say byebye to the Quandry pack if this is true.

hzvjpwS.gif

Betas usually bug fixing, right? Not a surprise really.

Only because from Infdev to alpha there were major changes, I assumed the same to hold true for alpha to beta. But yes, beta is where they work out the bugs for release. I hadn't noticed many bugs to begin with though. Just a lot of missing features that should be there, like a mod manager etc.

It's like a bad yo dawg vertical right now. "Yo dawg I heard u liked mods so we put mods in your mods so you can manage your mods while you use your mods."

hzvjpwS.gif

So uhh, all my worlds are intact except the one I've actually been playing. That one is totally gone. What the [bleep]?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=37599

For your future convenience. I'm sorry you lost your world though. :(

hzvjpwS.gif

It's strange, after wandering around the "new" world that I spawned in its place I realized that it was actually the same world, but I have a new spawn point and lost everything in my inventory. So I'll live with it, I lost all of my tools but I still have my base. I don't know how it happened, unless that was part of the update, in which case I feel like and idiot lol.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

SOOOO LAGGY

Yeah. Prior to beta, I couldn't run on anything other than tiny/fast and I barely hit the 30fps mark. Now I can only play on far/fast, because all other methods lag far more than the control panel is letting on. On tiny/fast it tells me I have 20fps but it plays like I have 5. And across the board, the chunk updates always seem to remain around 50~.

Mech!

hzvjpwS.gif

It runs faster for me on Far than it does Tiny now :huh:

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I'm not noticing any change in speed, I still play on Normal / Fast. Anybody know how the leaf decay works? I happen to have a large tree house and I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed.

Presumably it works like it used to. If a tree's link with the ground was severed, it's foliage would die off in a day or two. I don't see leaf decay working normally for me yet though, maybe my install is bugged?

hzvjpwS.gif

Basically if you removed any of the trunk or branches, you probably will be.

I've been having some pretty intense slowdown, but I've been playing a little. I'm going to see if I can set up a server, but it seems unlikely.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I honestly haven't noticed any lag in a newly generated world yet (apart from running around and forcing it to keep generating more world, anyway). Playing on far/fancy. Of course my new computer is a bit of a monster when it comes to games, but still >_>

Bit of a shame we didn't get seasons with this update, but hell. I'm happy with having leaf decay back :P

Still wondering what this super rare hidden update is supposed to be, though. I haven't checked the forums recently, maybe they've found something new since I was last on. Hm...

Link_Olaran.png

Hm, I've heard of the Quandary texture pack before, but I never got around to actually looking at it. Since it's not a major overhaul like Painterly and the like, I might actually keep this one >.>

The texture rotator looks interesting as well. Thanks for the link, Kim.

Hope it doesn't take too long to download, though :P

Link_Olaran.png

I think I figured out what's causing so much lag: Those goddamn leaves.

Using my laptop, I created 3 spawns. One on an island, one in a forest, one in a desert. The forest, with it's many trees, lagged a lot. The island, with a few trees, lagged a bit. The desert had no lag at all.

I then chopped down all the leaves, leaving the stumps, and my forest stopped lagging.

I don't have any of these problems on my desktop, but it was built for gaming...

Seems like the fix is to turn off leaf decay until a better solution for decay is available. No one is 100% sure what about leaf decay is causing the issue, some say it's every leaf checking to see if it needs to decay now, others are saying that it's related to why it broke in the first place, but Notch has only commented that he thinks that could be the problem in his twitter.

Best gather up ye saplings while you can I suppose. Or for a temporary fix, go into Task Manager and set the priority on javaw[Caution: Executable File] to High.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Ok, I'm agitated with this lag now.

How do you transfer Minecraft files between computers?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

My computer may be pretty damn good, but my dialup internet no doubt would stop any attempt at hosting a server - doubt I could join one either, sadly.

The Beta update... 1.0.2? Has caused a bit of lag for me, for some reason. Almost positive it's leaf decay, I only start lagging when I'm in forests. The very first beta version and the first bugfix, I had no lag at all, which is even more unusual. I'll just turn my view distance down a bit for now, I guess.

And Nexa, so long as you have an old version of Minecraft saved somewhere, you should be able to copy/paste your save files and place them in the old game instead. You'd have to delete the .minecraft folder apart from the saves folder inside, and replace the deleted folders with the older versions, and it should work. I'm not sure if a beta generated world would be any different from an alpha one, but it's worth a shot, at least.

If that's a bit confusing, my fault >.< I just kinda woke up, still half asleep atm :P

Also, I do have Quandary textures installed now, although I replaced the new mob skins with the standard ones - I've always preferred them over any new ones, for some reason.

Link_Olaran.png

A friend of mine started hosting a good server, so we and a couple other friends play on the server all the time.

We have a headquarters where all our rooms/mines are, and we often decorate our little "courtyard" with fountains and such.

This game is great fun with friends.

Link, I meant, how do I get them between computers? My best worlds are on my rinky-dink laptop. Would a flash drive work?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Yeah, any usb stick or something similar would work. Just make sure to copy the entire folder for that world over and it should be fine.

Again, not sure if a world opened in Beta would work with any Alpha version, but I can't see it screwing around with anything. Worth a shot.

... And of course my internet craps out on me as I try to post >.< should go through THIS time, hopefully.

Link_Olaran.png