Minecraft General

demby123

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac331/DanceFunkyDisco/Map5Cartograph.png

My Minecraft world at the moment. I don't like the look of it this way, though. I usually imagine it as my ship points north. :c

EDIT: Was in hide tags and shizz, but it looks kinda bad. >_> Might get rid of the top half (Just explored area for iron) and re-upload.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I'd like to do some cool stuff with water, but I can never get it to flow the way I want it to. It seems to have its own ideas about how it wants to interact with other blocks.

These two tutorials/videos helped me understand water a bit more. Hope they help!

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=99048

Note that the link is a different explaination from the video.

And nice job, there, Napalm. Looks pretty good. :^_^:

That volcano is the most awesome thing I've seen so far. Shame it doesn't work too well with lava.

EDIT: It stopped snowing in my world. I still have snow everywhere, and all the water is ice, but it won't freeze back after I break it.

EDIT 2:

They are here...

78118750.png

EDIT 3: I'll be damned, I just had the most awesomely frustrating experience in the Nether. I went in to mine some glowstone, I was carrying 2 diamond pickaxes, 1 diamond shovel and 1 diamond sword. Apparently, in an attempt to troll me, the game spawned 6 ghasts arround the area, which obviously killed me.

Not giving up hope, I went back to the spot to find all my stuff there, and I started to go back to the portal where I came from. I ran, literally dodging bullets, as the ghasts destroyed everything arround me, and making me fall in a pit of lava. I wasn't gonna make it, but at least I'd die right next to the portal.

Third try. All I have to do is enter, pick up my stuff and leave. NOPE. The game decides to spawn me in another portal. Luckily, they aren't too far away, so I ran back, pick up my stuff, and just as I'm about to leave this damned plane for good, a ghast shoots at the portal and it turns off. [bleep]. My flint and steel are nowhere to be seen, so I ran back to the other portal, and manage to escape with 3 hearts and 1 piece of broken armor, into an unknown mountain. It's night, I can hear zombies near, I don't have food, and I'm getting like 5 freaking FPS. Gonna make a compass and try to find my way back, but the framerate is starting to piss me off.

16185_s.gif

Sooo...

Got bored, made a mineshaft out of a cave, found some random stuff, and then fell into a dungeon. I'm playing on peaceful right now, any suggestions for traps to set up around that thing?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I present to you...Hoodoo - the gold rush mining town in the Badlands.

After my last fortress (posted pics on here) got glitched out in multiplayer, I decided to start a new frotress town. Bigger and better than before.

hoodoocity01.jpg

Its not even half done, but its a good progress. I plan to make more bridges, tunnels (there's a small system already), connecting-buildings, and the Baron's (moi) super castle.

[hide=Showing a bit of Hoodoo from ground level]hoodoocomplex01.png[/hide]

[hide=Another nice picture of a outpost nearby, on Mono Lake]monolakeoutpostlakeview.png[/hide]

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Stupid question:

how the heck do I get texture packs to work? I click the button in the main Minecraft menu for using texture packs, I have the pack in the correct folder and everything, but when I click on it, it just goes to all the other folders and images inside that texture pack folder. How do I select the texture pack folder I want? :???:

Has to be Zip'ed in order for Minecraft to register, kinda like how .jar files works. Logic would dictate you unzip the material, but not Minecraft!

The texture pack I use is called 'Brown and Bloom' but it has a glitchy gold block, no bloodstone, or brick block....so I gotta modify it a bit. Other than that its an awesome pack.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Has to be Zip'ed in order for Minecraft to register, kinda like how .jar files works. Logic would dictate you unzip the material, but not Minecraft!

The texture pack I use is called 'Brown and Bloom' but it has a glitchy gold block, no bloodstone, or brick block....so I gotta modify it a bit. Other than that its an awesome pack.

Have you gotten the newer versions? I believe the maker left the pack for a while and returned. There is also something on the MCF in the modding section which allows HD Texturepacks to work, fixing problems such as the animations on blocks and liquids.

vizardsig-1.png

Have you gotten the newer versions? I believe the maker left the pack for a while and returned. There is also something on the MCF in the modding section which allows HD Texturepacks to work, fixing problems such as the animations on blocks and liquids.

I would like to say it was the most up-to-date verison available but I'm not sure. I'll take a look MCF for that though, thanks.

EDIT: :blink:

Found it right away. Amazing, I have no clue what it did but it worked! Bricks, animated water, and gold bars (epic for bank vaults) are back! Can't thank you enough Zilla!

Now to see if the Nether works!

EDIT: It WORKS! [bleep]ing amazing.

...and my portal is in the middle of a huge slow sand pit. The hell. <_<

But it works! :mrgreen:

siggy3s.jpg

I built a 3x3 spiral staircase that goes to the bottom of the world. I put minecart tracks on it and a booster at the bottom so I could get back up. The first time I tested it, it worked perfectly. I tried it again and I only got about halfway up. After that, I made the booster longer. I tested that and it worked just fine. Then I tested it a few more times and it kept stopping about half way.

Does anybody know why this is happening? I've built a few things with boosters before and I've never had this problem.

Do you need a special thing for texture packs that have changed the appearance of flowing stuff like water and lava?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=46173

siggy3s.jpg

Wee bit late reply, but Gio, be glad your portal didn't spawn right in the soon to be river of lava my first ever portal was eventually surrounded by >.>

That smartassery being said, I've recently downloaded and installed the Mo' Creatures mod, although I'll admit I haven't been playing that much recently. The birds add a lot of ambiance to Minecraft, I can say that much :P I was only on peaceful though, so I didn't get eaten by a lion. Or a bear. Or get wtfpwnt by an ogre (and have it literally tear apart my base trying to get to me).

I also see horses all over the place, although I didn't see a pegasus yet. Really need to get back into playing, build a proper base, and get me a horse.

And Abc, I know this is a dumb thing to ask, but you're in the cart each time, right? Occupied carts travel further off of boosters by a fairly large amount than unoccupied ones (storage and unpowered furnace carts count as unoccupied carts for this purpose). If you're in the cart each time, I honestly don't know what could be the issue, although I admit I haven't touched minecarts since Beta was released, so I dunno if Notch fiddled with the code for them or not.

Oh, and Tim, make sure you use the HD patcher on a clean jar file, with no mods or edited files. If you have anything in there already (mainly texture pack related stuff, I found) the patcher won't work. Best to be safe and just do it with a clean jar and reinstall any mods you have after it.

Link_Olaran.png

Argh :angry: I'm getting pissed off because the game keeps going to a black screen and freezing now after 10-15 mins...

Usually when I'm right about to save <_<

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I know Nadril had/has a server, but I don't think it's exactly a TIF one. I don't have the equipment or money to host a server with more than maybe 2 people on it so I can't make one.

Anyways, I just generated the greatest world I've ever seen, so that ones being set aside as "WorldforLP", which will probably be coming within a month depending on if I need to buy a mic. So uhh, get excited. Or not.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I lol'd.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber