Minecraft General

demby123

I found a lava lake deep underground and some diamonds (!) behind it. I made myself a diamond sword and went to adventure a bit. After about two (in-game) days, I fell into a cave, in which a zombie killed me. Luckily I still have three diamonds left... I'm going back to that cave and I'll kill every single moving thing and reclaim my sword. :twisted:

(and so Notch claims yet another victim...)

At least you died to an npc and not the environment. I must be some sort of spectacular idiot. XD

hzvjpwS.gif

I die from falling off of stuff more than I do from being killed by mobs, but it's not like I die that often anyway >_> too cautious for that to happen, lol. I am a klutz when it comes to cliffs and stuff, though. I just don't die from the fall, just come very close to it :P

Haven't died from lava yet, though. Caught myself on fire a few times, but it cheated and got me through the corner of a wall instead of me falling in.

Oh, if you die often from falls, I'd avoid the grappling hook/hookshot mods >_> they tend to be a little... uncontrollable at times with the height you fling yourself. I died a good number of times with the hookshot, lol. Grappling hook is a little more controlled, but it has it's own control scheme now which I have zero clue how to use yet. At least it's changeable, but there's still like 7-8 different buttons to map...

Was looking into getting a texture pack again, but honestly I just seem to prefer the standard graphics over everything. Always have.

Link_Olaran.png

I play on peaceful and die more than a lot of people lol. Granted the majority of that is jumping down my mineshaft and not catching myself on the ladder in time. I'm terrible with mobs too though, so I'd probably die more to them. I seriously have never killed a creeper with a sword before it blew up.

Playing without sound probably has a lot to do with it though.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I hosted a server for me and my friend and we played for hours. There was a huge cave near our starting location, and it took us ~2 hours to explore it. I haven't had this much fun with any game for a while. :thumbsup:

I hosted a server for me and my friend and we played for hours. There was a huge cave near our starting location, and it took us ~2 hours to explore it. I haven't had this much fun with any game for a while. :thumbsup:

Last time I hosted a server it ended up with Shiny and Elk messing people's houses up, Elk keeping a pet spider in our house that almost killed Shiny and just general chaos.

Sounds fun.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

^^^

Schweetness.

There's been some changes 'round my world. For the past week, I've been hard at work making a safe haven against the hostile mobs. This meant leveling entire mountains BY HAND, using the excess dirt to level the sloped land with my hideout, and building a MASSIVE great wall that stretches around the city. Several buildings have been erected, as well as well as placing torches EVERYWHERE so that no mobs can spawn within city limits. There is MUCH MORE planned, but some torches look awkwardly placed until there are buildings in their place to make it look normal. I'll put up a vid probably tomorrow.

The only hacks I've used were to give myself diamond tools, since I had no time for mining legitimately during this.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Just randomly found this while I was scouring the Mapping and Modding section of the forums. Might be of some use to Kim and Dizzle, since both of you hate spiders:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=54593

Scroll down a bit, this guy has a mod called Phobia Relief - allows you to disable the spawning of specific creatures in game (and only that specific creature).

Personally, I wouldn't do it since it'd make it kinda hard to get string (unless you already have enough for a bow and two fishing rods), but if they bother you as badly as I think (and there seem to be a fair number of people on the GameFAQ board that have arachnophobia as well), then it'd be for the best.

Of course, the mod does jack all for me and my fear of ghasts >_> ah well. I'll cope.

Also, Seananners has a new vid. Absolutely epic, loading it now.

*3 hours later it's done*

*no, I'm not kidding*

Link_Olaran.png

Well, almost destructible. Can't forget about bedrock, after all :P

*cough* anyway...

Went nosing around the cave systems that go through and under the hollow mountains, and located one that goes pretty deep - down to about 20 blocks above bedrock naturally, actually. Found plenty of coal and maybe 30 iron ore on the way down, then I started digging a staircase the rest of the way down. Hit a gold vein, and then heard water somewhere nearby. Dug towards it, and found another small cave with a couple iron veins and one diamond vein with just enough diamond for a pickaxe.

I did well for a (almost) natural cave, I think :P gonna dig the rest of the way down and start branch mining for more diamond. I might invedit some TNT into my invy, I'm not sure yet. I want to build everything somewhat by hand at the very least (not like I can use a map editor anyway), but I want to try gathering the materials I need for my building and not have to tear up the mountain much. I want to keep it's natural look as much as possible.

All this effort and I still don't even know what the hell I'm going to build, lol.

Link_Olaran.png

Beta is coming tomorrow and I'm worried about playing too much more on the off chance worlds won't carry over. I'm really hoping for some great updates to play around with. I think I'll just mess around with invedit and blow stuff up for a while.

hzvjpwS.gif

I built a base far from my city, and I dug a tunnel to the top so I could see daylight when it came. When I was done, a zombie fell through and I shot the arrow upward, missing him. I killed it with a pick, and when I went back to look at the sky, the arrow came back down and got me.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Made a storage building for my Farms (Reeds and Cactus, I had wheat, but I wanted to keep open air farms, so it failed on me.

That video I was planning on making won't be done for ages. Want everything nice and finished, plus I'm too lazy.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I still haven't bought the game :cry:

I think I'm going to try to convince my mom to get it for me for Christmas in the next few minutes.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I still haven't bought the game :cry:

I think I'm going to try to convince my mom to get it for me for Christmas in the next few minutes.

Better hurry. BETA's going to be released tomorrow and apparently if you don't buy it on Alpha then you won't get everything else (future updates, DLC's) free.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I don't always install mods, but when I do... I install lighting mods.

So far I'm running vanilla minecraft + BetterLight + TorchLight, and I alternate between default texture packs and Quandary textures. I'm liking this game more and more.

Just bought mine. Yay.

Atta boy. :) Have fun.

Also Krampell: http://twitter.com/notch

His last update was 6hr ago. We've got a bit of time before he wakes up and then gets the update loaded, so I'm really not expecting anything until late in the day. Apparently everyone in the office caught ill this week, I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed even.

hzvjpwS.gif