Minecraft General

demby123

Once SMP is more stable, anyone interested in making a TIF server? I don't think I could host it unfortunately, but if no one else can and there's interest for it I could try to make it work. But it probably wouldn't.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Question through. Has leaves been officially fixed yet SP wise? I've been SMP a lot and it hasn't, but not for that update. Can't play SP either at my current location.

As of client 1.2.4_01, leaves do not dissapear. :c

Making a ship and dock, off the coast near my spawn point. I'll probably wait until that's done, then I'll get a video up.

I need some Steel, to make Flint/Steel, so I can burn away the many trees I have left behind. I hate having NO IRON ANYWHERE.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Until Notch adds acceleration tracks... (The best idea I've heard for when Notch removes boosters)

There are three versions in the video, skip to 3:20 for a quick and simple demonstration of one being built and tested.

As for my minecraft adventures, I've been harvesting a cave that is under my house. It isn't too big, so I am extremely pleased, unlike the cave in my other save that went on for ages.. Might post some pics when I'm done. :D

@Skull, I also would set up a server but I'd probably have just the same amount of luck as you. :P

If anyone is more technical about these things than myself (It wouldn't take much knowledge, trust me), it would be interesting to hear about multi-user hosted servers, if they exist. Setting up one of those might be more convenient as I doubt we can leave our personal computers on all the time.

So I finally finished my current Minecraft project. I created a tower centered exactly in my spawn point, and made it so if you die, you spawn in the middle.

Here are some pics.

[hide=The tower]

Here's my fortress as seen from the top of the tower.

63897698.png

The tower seen from the bottom.

93116672.png

A small bridge that connects the tower to the fortress. Up to the bridge, the tower is solid (completely filled with blocks except for a hole for the ladders) and from there, I decided to just leave it hollow, except for a wall that prevents you to see it's actually hollow ;).

43822491.png

And finally, the inside of the tower, at the height of the bridge. It's just a hole with ladders up to that point, and from there there's a spiral staircase that goes to the top.

37157284.png[/hide]

So now I guess I'll stop playing for some time until I figure out something else to build, since mining through caves got pretty borring already.

16185_s.gif

The game just glitched on me, and destroyed about 90% of the stuff I had. I was riding my minecart out of my mines to go build a fortress, I had all the stuff I was going to use to make it on me. My booster carts weren't in the right place, which shouldn't have been a big deal, so I hopped out of my cart and then fell into the floor where I proceeded to suffocate, which pissed me off but I didn't really care too much because worst case I was losing a lot of torches cobble, wood and some diamond if I couldn't get it back.

So I ran from my spawn to try to go get it back and when I got there... everything had been filled back in as if I had never mined it out and of course, the place where it glitched was right under my main room since thats where my second booster is. That means that everything I had there, 75 diamond, a tree farm, wheat farm, over 500 iron ingots, several hundred coal, bricks, thousands of cobble, a bunch of track, my runaway cart system and all the other stuff that had been there is gone now.

So basically I think I'm going to abandon this world, which sucks because I had a ridiculously awesome setup that I was just about to expand.

Edit: actually, a tiny bit of both my tree farm and wheat farm didn't get destroyed. Unfortunately, all the chests did.

15cbz0y.jpg

Just bought Minecraft today! :D Was well worth it :)

I also experienced how addictive this game is.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

The game just glitched on me, and destroyed about 90% of the stuff I had. I was riding my minecart out of my mines to go build a fortress, I had all the stuff I was going to use to make it on me. My booster carts weren't in the right place, which shouldn't have been a big deal, so I hopped out of my cart and then fell into the floor where I proceeded to suffocate, which pissed me off but I didn't really care too much because worst case I was losing a lot of torches cobble, wood and some diamond if I couldn't get it back.

So I ran from my spawn to try to go get it back and when I got there... everything had been filled back in as if I had never mined it out and of course, the place where it glitched was right under my main room since thats where my second booster is. That means that everything I had there, 75 diamond, a tree farm, wheat farm, over 500 iron ingots, several hundred coal, bricks, thousands of cobble, a bunch of track, my runaway cart system and all the other stuff that had been there is gone now.

So basically I think I'm going to abandon this world, which sucks because I had a ridiculously awesome setup that I was just about to expand.

Edit: actually, a tiny bit of both my tree farm and wheat farm didn't get destroyed. Unfortunately, all the chests did.

I've heard of this happening before, but never on such a large scale as this. That does really suck though, guess you just got unlucky. Keep in mind though, the game is still in Alpha, bugs are going to be common for a while, just look at SMP. Go on the Minecraft Forums, see if there's a thread about this or start your own. Notch reads them so hopefully we'll see it fixed.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

Seems my comp doesn't want me to install any texture packs.

According to tutorial:

C:\Users\[userName]AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin in Windows 7/Vista

Only there is no AppData folder. The hell?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Ohh, right I've ran into this problem before. They may of just abbreviated Application Data to AppData. Once in there you should see the .minecraft folder.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Appdata is a hidden folder, you need to un-hide it or search for it directly.

(Control panel, folder options, view, show hidden folders)

15cbz0y.jpg

Appdata is a hidden folder, you need to un-hide it or search for it directly.

(Control panel, folder options, view, show hidden folders)

You know what, that's probably it. Vista and Win 7 have totally different configurations than XP.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Well, [bleep] everything. Seems that extracting the JAR brought all of its files in to replace the JAR. The game still works, but I have NO. IDEA. What I'm supposed to be doing.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

wMade a new world and found a spot I really liked, so I built my home into it. Of course, it's under an overhanging ledge and I got teamed by two skeletons as soon as I walked out since it was dark enough they didn't burn up. I managed to kill both of them with a crappy stone sword somehow, but I came very close to dying.

15cbz0y.jpg

1) Start building amssive stone bridge.

2) Decide to place lava inside support columns for the heck of it.

3) Place lava at the bottom of the inside of the support column with mroe rock over it and glass walls around it for lighting.

4) Mine downwards into column.

5) Mine too far, fall into lava, and die while holding everything you owned because you never made a chest.

:wall:

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

You should know better than mining straight down, man. Same as mining directly above you when you're in a mine, it could cause a massive sand cave-in which traps you while suffocating you, or it could even cause a lava stream to fall on top of you.

16185_s.gif

You should know better than mining straight down, man. Same as mining directly above you when you're in a mine, it could cause a massive sand cave-in which traps you while suffocating you, or it could even cause a lava stream to fall on top of you.

I was mining through my own structure though.

And I forgot that I hadn't put glass above the lava, too....

"Oh don't worry, continue mining there's glass there" "OH WAIT OH GODS AHHHH"

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]