Minecraft General

demby123

Made a [bleep]ing awesome branch mine on my new world, I've finished digging out about 80 1x2x80 tunnels with 2 rows between each and a 3 tall and 3 wide center tunnel. Found 22 diamonds so far. I'm going to dig 100 branches then build another storage room at the end and then maybe keep going from there.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Been mining random tunnels in search for more diamonds and a mob spawner. Not luck yet, but this was a sight:

minecraft10.png

I hope I get to find diamonds soon, or at least a mob spawner <_<

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Holy [cabbage], I was running through my mines to get to my tree farm and rest of my mines, which I thought were totally secure when from one of the branches a creeper just steps out in front of me maybe 3 blocks away. Basically I just backpedaled like a mother [bleep]er, and it got stuck in the branch. It must have de-spawned while I was freaking out and running backwards, because I looked down every branch in my mine and ran back and forth down the main tunnel and it was no where to be found.

So now I'm freaking out because if there's one spot in my mine that mods can spawn in, they can spawn pretty much everywhere because I'm super OCD and I make sure every torch is in the exact same spot in every single branch. So hopefully I missed patching up a hole.

15cbz0y.jpg

No. I just MCedit a chest with 64 diamond blocks in (ie. 576 diamonds) in. :P

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Since it's an unofficial mod, they are using an unsigned code or something, so in a manner of speaking, yes. But since it's a single-player game where the mods are, its not. At least, Notch hasn't gone on a rampage against them yet, so you'll be fine....just don't spawn a land of TNT.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Asked a friend if I could share his server, and he said yes.

http://www.minecraft...=683653#p683653

It's a Vanilla server and the community is pretty good. Check the thread for it's rules and such. We had a bad deal with griefers a while back and we won't tolerate any breaking of rules at all. So be careful and avoid any accidents which could lead to a ban.

BTW, my alias on it is Hysting. If you see me give me a hello or hyt.

vizardsig-1.png

From what I can tell, notch doesn't really care what you do with his game in terms of editing it, as long as you don't try to sell it. It says under the FAQ's that he'll probably make the game open source, so I can't imagine he minds people messing around with it. In fact, he's probably happy that people do.

15cbz0y.jpg

Just did some of the worst redstone wiring know to man kind, but after about two hours of trial and error I made a mediocre system to catch my minecart as well as boost me anywhere I want to go in my mines.

Back to strip mining I think.

15cbz0y.jpg

From what I can tell, notch doesn't really care what you do with his game in terms of editing it, as long as you don't try to sell it. It says under the FAQ's that he'll probably make the game open source, so I can't imagine he minds people messing around with it. In fact, he's probably happy that people do.

Actually I think I read from one of his blog posts that he really dislikes gameplay-altering mods. But he clearly likes texture packs and things like that, so I dunno :P

wl7w9j.png

I need some suggestions. I have a big room I want to use as my entrance lobby to my fortress, but I have no idea what to put in it though. Any ideas?

[hide=pics of place]whattodod.pngwhattodo2.png[/hide]

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Actually I think I read from one of his blog posts that he really dislikes gameplay-altering mods. But he clearly likes texture packs and things like that, so I dunno :P

Yeah, I'm not really sure, it was just an assumption.

But in other news, I re-learned the lesson of never digging straight below you. Just burned up and lost a diamond pick, diamond shovel, 64 tracks, and a ton of clean stone. :(

Edit: Holy [cabbage]! Most of my stuff somehow landed on a rock next to the lava I drowned in! That's legit really exciting to me right now. Nothing better than thinking you lost everything and then finding out that you didn't. Although I did still lose the shovel and the track.

15cbz0y.jpg

At the whole cheating discussion fiasco above;

Currently in single player, cheating is not really condoned because it does not effect anyone. However, Notch is working on adding 'hiscores' to Minecraft, at least for the hardest difficulty. If Notch is smart he'll allow a cheat toggle on/off, along with built in cheats and make a script that removes those instances from the hiscores. But it is no secret that Notch is working against hacking, however I am not sure whether he is talking about client hacking or user account hacking. :3

@Nick, you could try farming reed to make bookcases, or maybe some paintings.

Add bookcases then? Okay then, I guess there isn't really much I can put in right? :razz: I wonder if Notch plans to add beds, tables, and other wooden furniture in the future.

Added some paintings to the big room and my observatory. Really removes the dull of rooms, let me tell you. :thumbup:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

My world right now is an autistic kid's mind.

A burning lodge, 2 failed portal attempts, a water slide leading from my burning lodge, a house made of iron blocks and gold, and a giant golden, alien cyclops holding burning nether blocks.

What should I use to record as I play, and how should I go about recording my voice?

I'm thinking of giving a tour of my world.

A microphone.

Kidding aside, you got two options. You can either have a program which records video AND audio at the same time, such as Camtasia

or

A seperate audio program (Audacity) and video recording program, try to start recording audio as soon as you record video, and put them together in Movie Maker or something.

Both software are free; free trail is needed for Camtasia but there's no watermark or anything)

=================MINECRAFT POST STARTS HERE===================

So I FINALLY finished the shell of my fortress. Heres a pic:

[hide]fortressvictoria.jpg[/hide]

I'm standing on top of my castle, which has a subway station, lava pipes, two observation decks (one outdoors), and a reed farm.

Now to fill in the rest of the castle, and build those outside buildings!

siggy3s.jpg