Minecraft General

demby123

^ Nice fortress. And Creeper floatin' in the water.

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Haha, thanks guys! I noticed that creeper when adding the text. >_>

Can't wait to see it done though, but that will come later for I am exhausted from collecting all the stone for that.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Honestly Gio, you put my building to shame >.< damn, that is a nice castle. I'd love to see the inside of the buildings, though (when it's finished :P).

I spotted that creeper when the pic was loading >_> I laughed a bit, since it was just... random.

I was going to comment saying that the portal out in the open might've been a bad idea, but I went to look at the wiki to see if I was correct in believing what I heard before (that ghasts can very rarely spawn on this side of the portal), but it turns out, that it was just a rumor >.< there haven't been any known recordings of ghasts spawning on this side, according to the wiki. Good thing too, since they'd light your buildings on fire pretty quick >.<

Mind you, they will spawn if you're using the muddyswamp=true function in the BiomeTerrain mod (supposedly, it was confirmed so far as I know though), but that's mod related. Still, not having any more muddy swamps (whenever I get around to dl'ing the updated mod, anyway).

I honestly haven't been playing much Minecraft recently. Got a tiny bit boring, plus my friend (who I got addicted to Minecraft to begin with) got me back by getting me back into Runescape >.< after seeing that epic castle though, now I sorta want to play again.

Oh, and Gio, you asked about furniture for Minecraft? Well, there's no actual furniture blocks available, but creative use of certain blocks does make some good substitutes. I should still have my experimentation world up (since the same friend was asking me about furniture as well, and I was building stuff to help them >_>). I'll edit this post once I get some screenies uploaded. It's not that difficult to do, but it's still nice to see em.

Link_Olaran.png

Oh, and Gio, you asked about furniture for Minecraft? Well, there's no actual furniture blocks available, but creative use of certain blocks does make some good substitutes. I should still have my experimentation world up (since the same friend was asking me about furniture as well, and I was building stuff to help them >_>). I'll edit this post once I get some screenies uploaded. It's not that difficult to do, but it's still nice to see em.

That will be very much appreciated. So far the only creative furniture I came up with is stairs acting like chairs/pews.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Having fun messing with this one glitch. Apparently several things can result when you die, say if you returned to the lobby (the option below respawn) and reentering the server, you can keep all your items and you appear at your last "save" point. Another can happen, where the server's host has to remove your cache files. You cannot be hurt, you cannot be seen excluding mobs, and you can't pick up items. "Begins destroying blocks around a player" Player: ???. Things like that can be fairly amusing.

vizardsig-1.png

*swears at imageshack profusely* -.- Took damn long enough, but I have the six screenies just about uploaded now. Note, I take no credit for these designs, they're all from random Minecraft pictures I've seen floating about, and from this topic: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=26706

Putting them in hide tags, since it'll help Furah load the page better :P

[spoiler=Furniture Pics]

mcbed.png

This is the bed design I located. I've seen a few different blocks used for each part, but this is what I have put in. Play around with different block types, there's probably a more attractive looking combination out there. I used... half blocks for the main part of the bed, smooth stone (maybe) for under the pillow, and the pillows are stone pressure plates. And those are signs around the edge to form a bed frame.

mcchairs.png

The two different chair designs. Simple process, it's just signs attached to each side of the stair block for armrests.

mccouch.png

Just an extended version of the chair. Works the exact same way.

mcplanters.png

The two different planter designs. You could quite easily have wheat growing here instead, assuming it's close enough to a water source block (possibly hidden behind a wall? I'm unsure of the exact max distance for it to grow). One design uses signs, the other is just small paintings.

mcstoves.png

The different stove designs I saw. I personally prefer the furnace/pressure plate one (since it's actually functional), but even then, I'd rather just have a small fireplace and have a wall/floor of the room have hidden furnaces in them >_> oh, and you put the pressure plate on the furnace by trying to place it on the wall behind, it'll default to the nearest flat surface, ie the top of the furnace. I tried my hardest to get signs to go on the sides of the furnace, but I just can't seem to do it. Shame, since that'd probably be the best looking one.

mctables.png

Tables are probably the most annoying builds possible. The only real combination one can do is half blocks on fences/other block supports, and even then, it's too high for a chair design to reach (from my perspective, anyway). My solution was to build a chair on a fence post (making a bar stool), but then it's too high off the ground to jump onto, lol. Then, putting in a half block floor, you get a lighting glitch under the table that makes it pitch black (you can see it in the table in the background). You can fix it by putting a torch under the center, but that only really works if the table is large enough to hide a torch under >.< still, what I've built here still looks decent (and you can always just make a bar using a row of blocks of your choice, and putting chairs next to it, that'll work just as well.

Blah, stupid code broke my formatting -.- gotta fix that before posting...

*ahem* Anyway, that's all I've got for the moment. A proper table would possibly be pressure plates on top of your choice of support (fence or stone, maybe), but we can't have floating pressure plates, nor put them on fences. Which really, really sucks -.-

Hope this helps.

Link_Olaran.png

:grin:

Those ideas ARE BRILLIANT. Big thanks for posting them up.

Though hath inspired me. Currently gathering materials for my own fortress.

Good luck! :thumbup:

siggy3s.jpg

Wow Giordano, that fortress looks pretty awesome. Did you mine it all, or use cheatengine? ;)

Never thought of a fortress before, time to go build one :D

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Made a chessboard-checker floor on this (sorta) fortress i progress. Also made a tntpault which launches me about 5x above build limit. Will post screenies if possible.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Trying to find snow because I want to make a fort in a snowy area. My world is up to 22MB or so, and I've found only one tiny patch of snow, like 5x5 blocks.

I'd upload my map for you guys, but it's something like 8000x4000 pixels and a 23MB file as a .PNG so that would be a bit obnoxious. But I've seriously been looking for like 3 hours. Probably more.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

It's quite buggy at the moment apparently, so I wouldn't bother tbh.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Trying to find snow because I want to make a fort in a snowy area. My world is up to 22MB or so, and I've found only one tiny patch of snow, like 5x5 blocks.

I'd upload my map for you guys, but it's something like 8000x4000 pixels and a 23MB file as a .PNG so that would be a bit obnoxious. But I've seriously been looking for like 3 hours. Probably more.

Do you have the biome mod? It should be fairly easy to find snow if you set the temperature and moisture settings low and high respectively.

2Xeo5.png

Went back to the cave that made me Ragequit last week. Found about 15 diamonds and like 60 irons. Still, I had to set the difficulty to peaceful, or else I would have died like 5 times.

16185_s.gif

There's always worth re-entering old mines. But I'm afraid my own mega mine is running empty. Very little is left to explore, often leading to dead ends with three coal and nothing else.

Back to building, I guess. I finished the fortress and might make a video on it sometime this week. Now I'm off to build a coliseum on top of a very tall mountain.

siggy3s.jpg

So, I've made what I think is my first really cool creation.

An RPG map that's insanely difficult and riddled with explosives.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8k9vytpdc8joecq

Feel free to try it! (It's okay to post saves here, right?)

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Bug update #3.

The client version is now 1.2.4

The server version is now 0.2.6 (mandatory update, there's been protocol changes)

Bug fix list:

* Swords and other weapons now deal damage properly

* Added proper hurt animations and sounds to mobs and players

* Fixed dead players logging in as invisible ghosts

* Made arrows visible and deal damage

* [garden tools] now produce proper seeds

* Creepers make noises and animate before exploding

* Explosions animate properly

* No more infinite free arrows

* Server logging now appends to server.log rather than overwriting it

* Buttons and levers (and a few other blocks probably, it's a general solution) animate properly

* Fixed minecarts (and pigs!) moving twice as fast as they should when ridden.

* The join server screen now remembers the last entered ip

* Increased chunk saving frequency on the server

* Leaving sneak mode no longer triggers a million sounds

* You can now see sneaking players

* Names of sneaking players aren't visible through walls, and are visible a much shorter distance

* Snowballs!!

I'll monitor for bugs for a while, then head home!

[edit:]

Server 0.2.6_01 no longer gives everyone 64 snowballs on connecting

[edit:]

Server 0.2.6_02 and client 1.2.4_01 now spawn other monsters than ONLY CREEPERS EVERYWHERE

Question through. Has leaves been officially fixed yet SP wise? I've been SMP a lot and it hasn't, but not for that update. Can't play SP either at my current location.

vizardsig-1.png

521296207_5_cyFi.jpeg

[hide]

fuuuuq.png

The General Store, survived pretty well I think.

fu1h.png

This used to be a three-story building. F'ed up. Hard.

fu2f.png

My favorate building...a diner/resturant. Destroyed. *sigh*

fu3c.png

[/hide]

Thank god the blacksmith was made out of stone...if that caught on fire, it would of spread to the library and I would of lost everything in that town.

I'm not that pissed over it, but really curious on how a fire started. I thought it was the lava from my blacksmith, but it's not touching the ground yet as it's elevated under the ceiling through glass with a cap on the top, so a random chicken spreading fire around wouldn't be possible. [cabbage]'s mysterious.

Well that's going to prolong my video of the Fortress. :angry:

siggy3s.jpg

I just started building a tower on my spawn point, so I can spawn there, and gonna bridge it to my fortress, which is 100% monster free. Too bad I've already used over 1000 cobblestone and only got a few floors done. I guess I'll have to go mine some more.

16185_s.gif

Giordano, I think the combination of lava shooting those fireballs that can travel three blocks through the air and the southwest glitch where the liquid effects occur on the southwest (or is it northwest? whatever) corner of that block. Something similar happened to me, and I believe the cause was a fireball passing through the southwest corner and igniting my bridge.

I always knew those fireballs were dangerous. :ugeek:

That's probably it; no other explanation. I'll start rebuilding the fortress once the Arena is finished. This time I'll probably expand onto the other half of the island, as well as the island across the bridge. Metropolis here I come!

siggy3s.jpg