Minecraft General

demby123

I know there is a mod for leaves, sadly it seems to not agree with the biome mod (for me at least.) and it crashes when I start the world. They work separately through. About the Biome trees, I'll ask Notch about it to see if he plans for anything like that.

vizardsig-1.png

Interesting. I didn't know they do/did conflict, since I uninstalled BiomeMod when I realized I was spending more time fiddling with the settings txt file and spawning worlds than actually playing >.>

Gonna do a quick look through the last pages of the topic to see if there's a post on them conflicting and maybe a fix. There's a tree drops mod that has the decay mod integrated in it, maybe that'll be more agreeable than just decay mod and biome mod put together? Either way, I'll poke around, see what I see.

EDIT: Just remembered a point about BiomeMod - if you have any large projects you wanted to do on a newly spawned world, use the config that Bucyruss made to mimic Cadde's ore mod. Down near bedrock level, I remember finding iron veins 250+ ore large, and 500+ coal beds >_> that's part of the reason why I decided to just uninstall the mod entirely, besides the whole tinkering time > play time thing. I felt it was making it easier, lol.

Edited by LinkOlaran
Link_Olaran.png

It looks like Doku's RPG pack to me, Tim. Gimme a sec, I'll find the link to it. Should be on the Minecraft forums.

EDIT: Got it: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25676

I'm fairly sure it's a texture pack that's larger than 16x16 though, so you'll need MCPatcher in order to get water and lava to animate. If it's 16x16, there's no issue.

I'll dig up the link to MCPatcher if it's needed. Shouldn't be that tough to find anyway.

Indeed it is! Thanks for answering that ;D

And, could you pass me the link to MCPatcher? I had been using the texture pack all this time without knowin the patcher was needed, but it explains why the water wasn't moving :S

16185_s.gif

Here you go: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=46173

You generally only need the patcher if the texture pack is larger than 16x16 (or in the case of Painterly which has the option for custom water, even though it's normally 16x16). Also, the patcher only seems to work when you apply it to a fresh jar file, if you dropped the texture pack files in already, it seems to fail every time (in my experience). So, back up your current one just in case, get a fresh one, patch it using the option for texture pack in the program when it opens, set it to the correct size (32x32, etc etc), and hit patch. If you have mods, reinstall em after that. That's what I do, anyway.

Link_Olaran.png

I found a cure. The MCPatcher has an alternative client in a sense, I just remembered. I have used it for about an hour now and it hasn't crashed. Thanks for reminding me. I am unsure why the Minecraft[Caution: Executable File] crashes through, but not that.

vizardsig-1.png

Figures, all of that research into finding a fix, and it's us randomly talking about texture packs and then the patcher that fixes it :P

And Bickers, filling in pools of water is a pain in the ass. The only method I know of is just filling it in with any block (I suppose gravel or sand would be easiest, since they're affected by gravity and then you wouldn't have to go swimming to fill it in all the way), and then emptying it out (if you need the pit, anyway). Can't remove water via buckets, since it'll likely just do the infinite spring effect and refill itself. Shame there's no faster way (that I know of, anyway).

Link_Olaran.png

Here you go: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=46173

You generally only need the patcher if the texture pack is larger than 16x16 (or in the case of Painterly which has the option for custom water, even though it's normally 16x16). Also, the patcher only seems to work when you apply it to a fresh jar file, if you dropped the texture pack files in already, it seems to fail every time (in my experience). So, back up your current one just in case, get a fresh one, patch it using the option for texture pack in the program when it opens, set it to the correct size (32x32, etc etc), and hit patch. If you have mods, reinstall em after that. That's what I do, anyway.

Alright, time to get that working. Thanks!

Anyhow, I've been working on a quarry. I found diamonds, but I don't have an iron pickaxe to mine them >_<

quarry.png

quarry2.png

EDIT: Tried using the patcher. Since I had just entered the texture pack in the .jar file, I figuered deleting the whole .jar and opening minecraft would make it download again and reset. Didn't work, so I tried deleting the whole .minecraft folder. Thing is, I haven't bought minecraft, I just used it online once during the free weekend, so I could play offline. When I deleted the .minecraft folder, it deleted the register that I ever logged in online, so I couldn't play offline. So basically, I'm back to 0.

16185_s.gif

Well, that sucks :/

Only thing you can really do now is actually buy it. Or torrent it. >.>

Decided to attempt to copy the Zelda texture pack armor and swords over into the Painterly pack, and recoloring the swords to better match the Painterly style. I think they turned out well, just have to test to be sure they work properly now.

EDIT:

20101121131320.png

Perfect.

Edited by LinkOlaran
Link_Olaran.png

Nah, gladly I didn't fully delete the files, but it seems I'll be stuck with this texture pack.

Also, stole your idea for towers :twisted:. They don't quite look as impressive as I had planned to, but oh well, whatever works.

Gonna build a workshop now, and keep my house less cramped.

16185_s.gif

So if anyone recalls my Nether Portals, I have one from my main base that put me on top of a cliff. It overlooks a massive lava lake at the bottom of the Nether. So I ventured my way down to the lake and found a nice ledge to make another portal for a lava farm. When I took it back out I'm in a cave system, 40 blocks under the ocean, halfway at the near edge of my world. Goody! So I made a base connecting that portal to the surface with another water elevator, and a minecart system across half the world to connect them. Bye bye Iron :'(

I can put up the map if anyone is interested in seeing this.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtQaD0riqpo

This Mod adds more creatures to the game.

Currently it has the following creatures:

-Lion

spawns in the grass, during daytime. It will attack you if you get very close to it (4 blocks)

-Bear

spawns in the grass during daytime. It will attack you only if provoked.

-Wolf

spawns during the night time (only in grass). It will attack you at night, and won't attack unless provoked during the day.

vizardsig-1.png

So I tried to install a texture pack and now Minecraft won't run at all... how do I go back to it working (remove the texture pack).

Never mind I fixed it.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Tried to make a vertical TNTpult. Accidentally clicked on TNT. Fail ensued.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

what would be best way to fill this in totaly? i would like to start a building project here and would like to remove all the water

[snip]

I suppose you could grab some dirt and build over the top layer, but that'd only work if you weren't building down. Otherwise, you're going to have to fill it all in.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Does anybody know an easy to find source of food besides meat?

I cannot find pigs for the life of me. I started off in a snowy area.

Make a Hoe or Fishing Rod. Find a source of water and gather fish. Alternatively, you could use the hoe to dig at grass, randomly yielding seeds. Planting the seeds and over time it grows into wheat. Make the wheat into bread, or cook the fish. Both are decent food sources. When Notch adds in a sort of hardcore survival mode, like the need to drink or eat; those will probably be really important.

vizardsig-1.png

My creations:

mca.png

outputk.png

Not bothered exploring to find any biomes yet, just continuing to build my tower (yes I did it all by hand without invedit or other such nonsense). The long bridge is the beginning of a redstone railway, the other side of the building is my separate automated minecart circuit to get in and out of my mine. I'll get some more pictures of the different bits when I get more time.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

That building is creepy. And how do you get that map? I'd like to know what my world looks like :)

Anyways, I set out to get some reeds, since I want to create some bookcases, but it ended up being a hard task since I'm in a snow world. So I ran through frozen seas, leaving small fire signals, and exploring caves. In the end, I managed to collect some 80 something iron, lots of coal, explore tens of islands and caves, but I didn't get any reed.

In other news, I built a workshop inside my fortress and started a farm.

16185_s.gif

From the upper part of that screenie I see loaded so far, Napalm, I recognize it from a mapping program, but for the life of me I can't remember what one it is, lol. I'll edit this post with which one it is once I locate it. Won't take long.

EDIT: It looks like Cartograph, which is odd since I have that installed >.> oh, I get it. I have the crappy basic java version since I can't dl the Microsoft files needed to run the C++ version on my computer >.<

Link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13134

Edited by LinkOlaran
Link_Olaran.png

EDIT: Link beat me to it. Oh well.

I'm getting really tied up in this mine. Finding so many tunnels I get lost fairly quickly.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Hehe, I just woke up, too :P stupid sleeping schedule is all out of whack again >.<

Dracion, that building is huge o.o and the bridge you have going out over the water to the bottom right of the map... beats my lame attempt a ways back, that's for sure. I've always liked minecart systems, but I never seem to have the time to actually put them in for some reason. I'm gonna have to try with this world, once I get back to the surface anyway (been mining down there for hours already, lol).

I looked at the link you provided, Zilla. A Wind Waker texture pack >_> I'll be looking into putting this in, that's for sure. Either I'll splice it in with Painterly, or see how it looks with the other Zelda texture pack I have kicking around here somewhere. Hm, but the different texture size... (128x128 is about as big as you can get, and both Painterly and the Zelda texture packs are 16x16 >.<) that could be an issue.

Eh, I'll play around with it, see what happens. Thanks for the link, though.

Link_Olaran.png