Minecraft General

demby123

I've basically stopped playing, mostly because I devote like 3 hours a day to watching other people play minecraft lmao.

I just spawned a world that I think is going to work out nicely though.

Watching Minecraft video's are like playing it. It's addicting, fun and simple.

Just downloaded it illegally and it really isn't as much fun as watching coestar or someone.

2v8sgvs.png

Make sure to buy it before Beta through, as it says that there is a real possibility you need to pay for future expansions. If you bought Alpha or any before, your fine and get all of it for free.

vizardsig-1.png

I just said [bleep] you to legit playing, I revved up INVedit, gave myself 40 boxes of TNT, and currently producing an abbys. This is so much more fun.

I'm thinking of doing this. After all, the multilayer bugged or glitched my server and my beautiful fortress is now a straightedge mountain.

EDIT: Oh wow. I thought it would be a lot of harder, but I did it without reading the thread in the forum. Awesome, definately gonna use this to re-build my NEW mother[bleep]ing fortress.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Try installing a mod that gives dirt and smooth stone blocks a 5% chance of turning into lit TNT when destroyed, and go punching dirt and see what happens then, tbh.

>_> the hole it creates is too big for my computer to handle just because of the sheer amount of item form cobblestone and dirt blocks lying around.

But yeah, I use a web based editor for my major building stuff. Which, I'll note, I've neglected like all hell in the past week >.<

I did get the wall built, at least. Plus installed a full blown furniture mod (which unfortunately conflicts with just about every other mod in existence right now, but ah well).

Whenever I get around to it again, I'll have to actually start building the bridge over to the other part of the fort, and the main drawbridge + portcullis (which won't be moving since I don't have ControllerBloc installed anymore, but ah well :P).

Link_Olaran.png

What happens when you use 375 TNT blocks in one go.

holeee.png

That's what you used INVEditor for? Blowing [cabbage] up?

I did that too. :mrgreen:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

What happens when you use 375 TNT blocks in one go.

holeee.png

That's what you used INVEditor for? Blowing [cabbage] up?

I did that too. :mrgreen:

Of course :D I can only construct for so long before I have to go on a destruction spree.

16185_s.gif

I've basically stopped playing, mostly because I devote like 3 hours a day to watching other people play minecraft lmao.

I just spawned a world that I think is going to work out nicely though.

Watching Minecraft video's are like playing it. It's addicting, fun and simple.

Just downloaded it illegally and it really isn't as much fun as watching coestar or someone.

Do any of you perchance watch Coe's livestream? Coe is hardly ever on, but Absconditus, Narc0tiq, Mhykol, and McGamer stream on that channel VERY often, and people like Funnyman3595, EzTarget_UK, and Dewtroid do great jobs as co-commentators. Recently the Coe's Quest Livestream team has been opening up worlds for the public to play with them on livestream, although I'm not sure in what method or how long that will be continuing.

Oh, and by the way, since it can be confusing - you can tell whether or not the stream is currently live or playing a prerecorded stream if there is a red box that says 'live' in the lower left corner of the screen, over by the volume and number of viewers.

My username over there is Ampere_Sand, the same as my Minecraft username. You might see me chat over there, although I may not be around that often until Tuesday due to finals.

Also, speaking of Coestar, he's having a Coes Quest 100th Episode Extravaganzagasm! It would be pretty awesome to see some TIFers there. You can find details at http://coesquest.com/2010/12/11/coes-quest-100th-episode-extravaganzagasm/.

[/advertising Coe]

I did get the wall built, at least. Plus installed a full blown furniture mod (which unfortunately conflicts with just about every other mod in existence right now, but ah well).

Who needs a furniture mod when you have a cozy library?

57231690.png

16185_s.gif

57231690.png

Has Notch said anything about eventually adding any more function to the books?

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

57231690.png

Has Notch said anything about eventually adding any more function to the books?

What mod is that? I really love the looks of it, but i can't seem to find it. :???:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

It's Doku's RPG pack, yes. But, I'm fairly sure he's on hiatus or something (or just outright stopped working on Minecraft stuff), so it hasn't been updated to work with the Halloween update.

But, someone else picked up where Doku left off, and continued working on it, as well as adding in bits and pieces of other texture packs, if I recall. I'll try to find the link to it, hang on...

Here we are: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=77619

It isn't fully Doku's pack, so it'll look different, but it's the only one that's compatible with the most recent version of Minecraft. I have it downloaded as well, but the HD water/lava patcher stopped working with the recent string of updates, so I gave up and just went back to standard textures. For reference (assuming you want moving water and lava with this (and any texture pack larger than 16x16 pixels)), here's the link to the patcher:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=46173

Patching it is simple, although it took me a couple tries to figure it out due to my stupidity :P you have to have a clean jar file (no mods or anything installed in it, and no texture packs either) first. Open the patcher, select the jar file and texture pack, hit patch, and it should go through fine. If you try to directly install the texture pack first into the jar, then patch, it fails miserably (or at least it does for me). Clean jar file worked fine for me, though.

Was going to also comment saying the patcher includes the BetterGrass fix, but it appears to have been removed >.> not sure where that went. I think all it did was make grass covered tiles cover the vertical sides with grass as well, instead of only going down the side about 1/5th of the way. Something like that, anyway.

Link_Olaran.png

*facepalm*

All that entire last post about the texture pack I posted, and I didn't even say the name of it, rofl. Yeah, like Napalm said, the one I linked to is GeruDoku's compilation pack, which is almost entirely Doku's stuff with bits of other peoples' work mixed in.

Link_Olaran.png

...in a mod.

Don't try to fool us. :shame:

EDIT:

Sometimes you just find that one perfect spot.

thecove.png

Beachhouse-Dwarf Fortress here I come!

siggy3s.jpg

Spent the past 3 days clearing a mountain because I wanted to have a flat area surrounding my spawn/base. I used part of said mountain as the start for the outside of the base, should make for fun work. Once I start mining down I shall make a minecart system just below cloud level between bases.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Nooby question:

I'm going to have a minecart track that splits into two, and I want to be able to remotely change which direction the cart will take. Can anyone offer a link to a guide?

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.