Minecraft General

demby123

Holy batman, I need a new house location, there are creepers spawning right above me :ohnoes:

Also, note to self: the second the sun starts to go down, spiders regain aggressiveness. Plan accordingly.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I built a massive wall around my base and the valley behind it. I planted tons of torches on the walls and within the base, so the entire place is bright at night, yet I can still hear the spiders... WHERE ARE THEY!?!?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Probably underground, in a small cavern 1 or 2 blocks below the surface, waiting. Dig everything up, pour lava down holes.

:lol:

15cbz0y.jpg

Since the game is about to hit Beta I hope Notch adds more game modes, similar to the ones he thought of a while back. CTF in Minecraft or the Adventure Mode would be pretty fun.

Also, [hide] bigpigrain.png

[/hide]

vizardsig-1.png

Wow.

When I first saw this, I was essentially just "meh" about it, but after playing it for a bit, I can say that I am completely addicted.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Baronoli is the Owner of the server I go on, and apparently he spawned pigs. At least it wasn't creepers.

Well, that's a pretty good way to gather meat.

Wow.

When I first saw this, I was essentially just "meh" about it, but after playing it for a bit, I can say that I am completely addicted.

I'm glad, but sorry, to hear this.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Wow, all these mob following mods, AK-47 guns, grappling hooks, world editors, but no NPC spawners? Do I just suck at searching or something? <_<

What I want is some sort of human NPC spawner. Considering they're still in the code it shouldn't be difficult to make them 'active' again, right? Does anyone vaguely know something like that?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Weird. If anyone remembers, I had some troubles with some sound files (the ones produced by mobs, mostly). Today, while checking the framerates with different sight distances, they came back all of a sudden. Which was a good thing, because 3 seconds later I heard a SSSSSSSSSSSSSS and ran for my life. (Survived the explosion, luckily).

16185_s.gif

Currently working on building a Underground fortress (Yes, I am using an inventory editor. This is not so I can "survive" this is just because an underground fortress would be awesome.) It's coming along quite nicely currently building a Entrance hall with Gold pillars.

Oh well. Donwloaded a new texture pack, and since I missed animated water, I got a mod manager. Then I downloaded another texture pack because I didn't like the first one, and in that thread it recommended another texture pack manager... So I did that, but now my minecraft.jar file dissapeared, and it won't let me play. I'm not gonna pay for the full version, so I guess this is it.

16185_s.gif

I first played Minecraft with a pirated copy. I purchased a copy last night, even though I could play for free, because I believe that piracy was an unacceptable path: there's no record company sucking up the money, no EA or Microsoft, no DRM, he's going to release it in the public domain eventually. There's really just no way that I could justify it.

BTW, are the save games cross platform? As in, can I move a game from the Windows 7 save of the game to my Ubuntu laptop?

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

I first played Minecraft with a pirated copy. I purchased a copy last night, even though I could play for free, because I believe that piracy was an unacceptable path: there's no record company sucking up the money, no EA or Microsoft, no DRM, he's going to release it in the public domain eventually. There's really just no way that I could justify it.

BTW, are the save games cross platform? As in, can I move a game from the Windows 7 save of the game to my Ubuntu laptop?

I supose all you have to do is move the save folder.

16185_s.gif

What I want is some sort of human NPC spawner mod or whatever, for either single player or multilayer. Considering they're still in the code it shouldn't be difficult to make them 'active' again, right? Does anyone vaguely know something like that?

:mrgreen:

Is it just me, or are certain forums in the 'official' Minecraft forum filled with idiots? Reminds of me generic gaming forums or like RuneScapes'...

siggy3s.jpg

I've basically stopped playing, mostly because I devote like 3 hours a day to watching other people play minecraft lmao.

I just spawned a world that I think is going to work out nicely though.

15cbz0y.jpg

I've basically stopped playing, mostly because I devote like 3 hours a day to watching other people play minecraft lmao.

I just spawned a world that I think is going to work out nicely though.

Watching Minecraft video's are like playing it. It's addicting, fun and simple.

vizardsig-1.png