Minecraft General

demby123

Nooby question:

I'm going to have a minecart track that splits into two, and I want to be able to remotely change which direction the cart will take. Can anyone offer a link to a guide?

This is impossible, you must have a redstone line connected to the track piece you wish to toggle. If you don't want to do that, the best way get around this would be to make the cart stop at the split, and the user someone determine which route to take from there. this could be as simple as having the user have to get out of the cart, break it and put it down on their choice of tracks, or as complicated as having the user be able to press one of two buttons which will then cause a redstone and minecart based mechanism to launch them down their entire route.

fishing.gif

... Wow.

I just found a giant underground cave complex. I mean MASSIVE. In the time I've been playing, I haven't seen as much of the surface as I have this place. I think it has an underground ocean.

How do I upload it? That is, assuming you guys would like to see.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Take a screenshot, open paint, ctrl+v to copy it there, crop it, save it, go to www.imageshack.us and upload it there, and then post the link that looks something like this:

[url=blablablablabla][img][/img][/url]

Delete both URL tags so it doesn't open a new window everytime you click the image.

16185_s.gif

I'm considering starting a let's play for [cabbage]s and giggles since I'm getting pretty bored of normally playing. I don't expect anyone to watch it though. My sister is coming back soon though so I probably shouldn't start one until she leaves again since she'll be around a lot and I don't want to talk to myself in front of anyone lol.

So consider this a worthless post. Maybe I'll edit in the start of the fortress I'm making or something. It's kinda [cabbage]ty though. It's an entire outer wall of obsidian. Hacked in obviously, since mining obsidian is god awful. I think I've used something like 7000 blocks for the wall alone since I made the wall go into the ground and everything.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

The huge amount of registers may be due to the recent DDOS attack on the site. Or is that not true?

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I recently got a hold of a premium account thanks to my boyfriend and I'm having fun here and there. Haven't played too much with mods except for a minimap mod which is damn near essential. Way better than my stupid compass. Tell you what though, in my search of diamond I went straight down to the bedrock and worked my way out only to learn one thing: lava is [bleep]ing everywhere. After one dumb death and a few near-misses, I've learned to mine with a bucket of water handy. >_> That's how I lost my first diamond pickaxe, too...bah.

Only playing on peaceful now, though. Thinking of making a new world and trying my hand on normal, make a village by scratch, etc. Since my boyfriend is letting me use his account, I'm thinking of buying my own so we can host a private server for him, myself, his brother, and a few other friends to play on for the lulz. He's got a ridiculous download/upload speeds, so the idea of having a private server is pretty entertaining.

EDIT: Nope, no, I remembered why I hate hate hate mods. Got my portal to the nether set up and going in there with my minimap mod set up, the game crashed. When I reloaded minecraft, I lost everything. My SECOND diamond pickaxe, lost. So rage. Sooo rage.

hzvjpwS.gif

I recently got a hold of a premium account thanks to my boyfriend and I'm having fun here and there. Haven't played too much with mods except for a minimap mod which is damn near essential. Way better than my stupid compass. Tell you what though, in my search of diamond I went straight down to the bedrock and worked my way out only to learn one thing: lava is [bleep]ing everywhere. After one dumb death and a few near-misses, I've learned to mine with a bucket of water handy. >_> That's how I lost my first diamond pickaxe, too...bah.

Only playing on peaceful now, though. Thinking of making a new world and trying my hand on normal, make a village by scratch, etc. Since my boyfriend is letting me use his account, I'm thinking of buying my own so we can host a private server for him, myself, his brother, and a few other friends to play on for the lulz. He's got a ridiculous download/upload speeds, so the idea of having a private server is pretty entertaining.

EDIT: Nope, no, I remembered why I hate hate hate mods. Got my portal to the nether set up and going in there with my minimap mod set up, the game crashed. When I reloaded minecraft, I lost everything. My SECOND diamond pickaxe, lost. So rage. Sooo rage.

If you lose items to a glitch, it's generally considered alright to replace them with INVedit or the like.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

If you lose items to a glitch, it's generally considered alright to replace them with INVedit or the like.

Eh, since when does it matter whether you use INVedit or not? :razz:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Some people (like myself) lose interest in games if they have unlimited resources. :wink:

Also, you can't get as big of an ego boost from building a castle with INVedit as you can from building it legitimately.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

[/hide]

Some people (like myself) lose interest in games if they have unlimited resources. :wink:

Also, you can't get as big of an ego boost from building a castle with INVedit as you can from building it legitimately.

Fair enough, I guess I could do that. Still feels wrong, though. Really peeved that this minimap crashed still, but I'll give invedit a try. Wouldn't happen to know of a legit link, would you?

Thanks for the advice TTanT

hzvjpwS.gif

Fair enough, I guess I could do that. Still feels wrong, though. Really peeved that this minimap crashed still, but I'll give invedit a try. Wouldn't happen to know of a legit link, would you?

Thanks for the advice TTanT

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15921

Right here.

[/hide]

Bwahaha. Lots of metal, coal, and flint. Only a bit deeper, and I'm sure I'll run into diamond and redstone! :twisted:

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I thought I saw you on the MC forums TTanT. :P

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

So yeah, I've had the worst run of computer luck in the last 3 days that I've ever had -.-

Main computer (with all my Minecraft saves) died when we moved it out to the kitchen to make room for the Christmas tree. Nothing we could do to get it to turn on, so... we installed all of the software for dialup on my laptop, and after about 15-20 hours of downloading essential stuff, managed to get it back online for playing Runescape, at least (Minecraft was already installed, so I didn't have to worry about that).

Power surge, came back through the telephone cord, fried the modem. -.-

Cue a day and a half of running around, trying everything we can (borrowing our grandmother's laptop and highspeed modem to try to get that hooked up, only to find out that we can't get it back here). Opening up both the recently exploded desktop pc tower and the old one (that also blew up earlier this year) to try mix and matching parts to see if we could get something to work. Nada.

Just today, my grandmother offered to buy us a new (used) pc for Christmas.

Took a while to get it hooked up, but everything seems to be functioning normally. Still dialup internet, but at this rate I'll take that, lol.

On the plus side, this new pc is more powerful than my old desktop and (still functional) laptop combined, so highest graphics settings for Runescape and Minecraft, here I come :P

Anyway, gonna be starting anew with Minecraft again. Not sure what I'll do, but I have far view distance and fancy graphics, and zero lag. /bragging

Probably just gonna start a new world again, and go from there. Might build something, might just play Runescape, who knows. I know I'll be trying some of my other pc games (The Sims 3, Oblivion, Neverwinter Nights 2, etc) on this to see how well they'll run.

Link_Olaran.png

Well, it wouldn't run The Sims 3 on my desktop pc at all - video card incompatibility or something. It does run on my laptop - just not at top graphics or anything. Both could run Minecraft at varying view distances (desktop was stuck at tiny view distance, laptop could handle short, maybe normal view distance).

Considering my desktop pc was a good 4-5 years old, and the laptop is 2-3 years old, they did pretty damn good >_>

I'm guessing that both will run at top/near top graphics on this comp, though. I'd have to actually dig out my Sims 3 discs and try it sometime.

Link_Olaran.png