Facial hair/shaving

Schwarzenegger

being a female i don't have that problem. but i do shave everywhere else. i'm allergic to the creams/and shaving gels on everywhere except my legs so i have to dry shave in those places.

my hubby uses a electric shaver and he can never get the jaw line done properly and it looks scruffy lol.

in that respects i would hate being male. if i need to shave i can just wear long teeshirts/ trousers till i can do it. not quite so easy for you gents :roll:

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the poster: ever tried this thing called shaving cream? :lol: To me, it sounds like you're trying to shave without shaving cream. If so, yeah, it usually does feel like a grater or something :lol:

As for me, I've been shaving for about a year now. Only one of my friends who can grow a full beard 8)

I stopped using shaving cream, because it is too expensive and soap works just as fine for me in the shower. It still feels like a grater when I use shaving cream.

And fat_slug, I don't know why, but I've been shaving my arms for about two years. I just soap up my arms in the shower and then shave. One thing that bothers me though is ingrown hairs. I sometimes get those little red bumps on the outer parts of my forearms, and then some pimples pop up.

I've heard that shaving against the grain causes this, but if you shave with the grain it isn't a close shave so that isn't an option. Do you have any experience with this, and know of any way to remove or help prevent them?

Runescaper (off and on) since late 2001

Man, shaving is like a science for me:

Step 1: Wash face with hot water and nivea facial scrub

Step 2: Apply king of shaves shaving gel

Step 3: Shave with Gillette Mach 3 Razor

Step 4: Wash off excess gel with hot water

Step 5: Dry face

Step 6: Apply either Nivea moisturiser, or Nivew aftershave soothing balm

^ ftw

Ooh la la.

Maybe it's just around here, but it's sort of in style to have a stubble/5 o' clock shadow, so I can get away not shaving pretty easy.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Ooh la la.

I was wondering who would be the first to comment, and somehow i knew it would be you!

Keeps me mighty smooth though, ladies complain if i tickle their thighs ;)

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

I was wondering who would be the first to comment, and somehow i knew it would be you!

Rofl, i was going to comment but then i guessed you make a comeback and didnt want to embarass myself by not being able to turn a comeback around. lol

metro_sign_1.jpg

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I hate how women expect us to have no hair on our bodies anymore. Thanks to abercrombie and fitch advertisements and the media...

I mean, back in the day women liked the "haggard" look with the stubble and what-not on your face but now we have to make ourselves look like test specimens in order to please women.....

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Ooh la la.

Well, any stimulation in that area is better than none.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

I hate how women expect us to have no hair on our bodies anymore. Thanks to abercrombie and fitch advertisements and the media...

I mean, back in the day women liked the "haggard" look with the stubble and what-not on your face but now we have to make ourselves look like test specimens in order to please women.....

i love hairy chests and legs, just rather not kiss and feel all sore from beard thats all :wink:

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

just wondering, how do people cut themselves whilst shaving? ive been shaving for a while, and i never have. i just use a disposable razor, and cold water. dont use any shaving cream or aftershave stuff. buy the cheap "bic" rasors i think is the brand, they make pens too :D , get two shaves out of it and throw it away. shaves good enough for me :D

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

being a female i don't have that problem. but i do shave everywhere else. i'm allergic to the creams/and shaving gels on everywhere except my legs so i have to dry shave in those places.

my hubby uses a electric shaver and he can never get the jaw line done properly and it looks scruffy lol.

in that respects i would hate being male. if i need to shave i can just wear long teeshirts/ trousers till i can do it. not quite so easy for you gents :roll:

I think females got it the worst:

1) Pregnancy - Painful.

2) Breasts - They would annoy me if I were a female, anyways.

3) Menstruation - Needless to say. :P

4) The fact that you're expected to mature at an earlier age - Pointless.

I think I got a little point accross. :roll:

-Mitch-

New sig to come!

Apparently Gillette is coming out with a new razor, Fusion (and Fusion Power), in first quarter 2006. It has five blades, plus a sixth on the back of the cartridge for shaping goatees, shaving sideburns & under nose, etc.

http://www.gillette.com/men/index_fusion.htm

:o

I want one.

My hair in my chin are so few that I only pluck like 2 random hair once a month ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâì_ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâì and my moustache is THIN. I know girls that have as thick as a moustache that i do :cry:

Ya, i have like 1 grow on my chin everyday, just use my dads razor the shave it off. Im afraid to ask my parents for a razor, for that they will laugh at me. Because, i have like black peach fuzz, its more noticable some days then others. Anyway, i might be getting a razor for christmas :) Im 14 btw, if anybody wanted to know :wink:

killa870yt.png

even with a Mach 3 Turbo. I guess I have really sensitive skin....

That's because you should be using a Mach 3 Turbo Express Ultra XP Pro edition with service pack 5.333 recurring.

Last year I couldn't be bothered to shave, so I kept a goatee and the rest was unkempt. This year I got a nice electric razor so it's done every day, though it has been very cold lately and my chin has felt the breeze so I may get one back.

Back in college I had a goatee so long I could get most of it in my mouth. And I did, often. I ended up making a ponytail out of it.

Well, I'm 16 and will be 17 in about a month! I'm at that stage where I shave on Sunday and see how much its grown by Saturday, then repeat :lol: At our school its sort of like a competition to see whose beard grows faster, thicker, etc..My friend is 15 and can grow a full, thick beard/goatee/mustache/sideburn combo in less then a week....lucky dog :lol:

Everyone at our school actually WANTS facial hair, seems like all ya'll dont want :P

supdarklinkel1.jpg

My hair in my chin are so few that I only pluck like 2 random hair once a month ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâì_ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâì and my moustache is THIN. I know girls that have as thick as a moustache that i do :cry:

Ya, i have like 1 grow on my chin everyday, just use my dads razor the shave it off. Im afraid to ask my parents for a razor, for that they will laugh at me. Because, i have like black peach fuzz, its more noticable some days then others. Anyway, i might be getting a razor for christmas :) Im 14 btw, if anybody wanted to know :wink:

I'm 15 and my parents told me I don't need a razor yet :cry:

:lol: I shave, but the thing is, i only get a mustach. My beard is just white peach fuzz that grows a bit. Althgouh i sometimes have a like 3 small dark strands on my chin, but that rare.

I shave about 1nce every week. My mustach takes about that long to grow in, and i dont like it.

Edit: BTW, im 15.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Oh yea, they changed everything. I mean if the owner of A & F commited suicide, half the population would die. :roll: :lol:

On topic: Don't hafta shave yet :wink: and I don't look forward to it!

Apparently Gillette is coming out with a new razor, Fusion (and Fusion Power), in first quarter 2006. It has five blades, plus a sixth on the back of the cartridge for shaping goatees, shaving sideburns & under nose, etc.

http://www.gillette.com/men/index_fusion.htm

:o

I want one.

That looks pretty cool actually

Runescaper (off and on) since late 2001

I have a Gillette Mach 3 Turbo, and I have to say, it's kind of disappointing. I couldn't even get it to break the sound barrier. :roll:

Seriously, what's with the names of these razors? I want one labelled "Extra Sharp" or "Hair Nemesis" or something like that. None of this stupid "turbo" carp. And "fusion"? What's being fused? Hopefully not my face...

It's all just false advertising. Like "Extra Sharp" cheddar cheese. Biggest gyp ever, man.

finalsig9wq.gif

I wish I could grow an extreme beard though. I started shaving at 14 cause I was getting a bit shamed out by the bum fluff on my face.

My girlfriend likes me with a bit of stubble on my face.

And Poopingman that comment was pretty lame. Woman didn't always shave their pits you know.. And those dirty movies I just know you watch, just try out some 70's dirty movies, I'm sure you'll find things alot hairier..

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

Oh yea, they changed everything. I mean if the owner of A & F commited suicide, half the population would die. :roll: :lol:

Thankfully, my wife does not mind me as a hairy man, even likes it that way.

As far as the Fusion, that looks cool, especially for the facial-hair shaping razor, but I'm usually pretty cheap. I've hung on to my Sensor for years and just buy generic three-blade cartridges at the drugstore.

I have looked at a straight razor as a shaving investment. If I could get myself a hook for the leather strop, I might buy. Unfortunately I have kids about the apartment, so...

I usually just use the 3-blade razor and some good shaving gel after a nice hot shower. Anyone used the shaving cream/gel warmers? Last one I saw was something that just fit over the top of the can and plugged into an electrical socket.

Almost always I have a goatee-- a Van [bleep] (moustache connected to the beard, pretty much the trend nowdays) or a traditional (think Col. Sanders or George Michael) so I don't have to do a lot of shaving. I grew a full beard for the winter, but I still shave stray hairs on the cheeks, and my neck.

(btw Sluggy... my beard is soft, so Cim doesn't have to worry about that)

Now... next question... who's shaved their head? I personally don't recommend it say, in the summer... too easy to sunburn it unless you wear a hat... so I've just been doing a buzz lately. But anyway, if you do, what do you use there-- i.e., anyone used those head razors?