Dungeoneering: Bindery

Blutters

This topic is for discussing what items you consider most important to bind as you get new slots to do so with, as well as suspected theme weaknesses.

I have decided to bump this thread from the depths of death because of recent(ish...) confirmation of another bind via a future quest, the fact that all T11 items have been released, and the further understanding of Dungeoneering that has developed during the time this thread was posted and now.

For your reference or amusement, my previous and outdated musings:

I figure for MOST PEOPLE it would probably go Promethium 2H Sword or Promethium Spear (S) > Shadowsilk Hood > Blood Amulet > Promethium Platebody.

What is your order of importance?

List in [1st] > [2nd] > [3rd] > [4th]

OR, if the items bound depend entirely upon how many binds you have available, list your different loadouts.

Personally:

2H Sword

2H Sword > Shadowsilk Hood

2H Sword > Shadowsilk Hood > Sag. Shortbow/Hexhunter Bow

Sag. Shortbow/Hexhunter Bow > Shadowsilk Hood > Primal Chainbody

Primal Maul > Primal Full Helm > Primal Chainbody > Primal Plateskirt

Primal Battleaxe > Primal Kitesiheld > Primal Chainbody > Primal Plateskirt

On theme weaknesses: (my post from RSOF)

"Just something small I thought I should point out:

Ice - Crush

Abandoned - Stab

Furnished - Slash

Occult - Ranged

So...

Warped - Magic?

Let us also consider that the remaining T11 items are the Primal Platebody, 2H Sword, Spear, Longsword, Celestial Robe Top, and Sagittarian Body. Further to that, the Primal Platebody is the strongest single piece of armor in the game, and most of those weapons are melee, although I realize there aren't many Magic or Ranged weapons to begin with.

Finally, Magic takes more preparation time than Ranged or melee even WITH bound items, seeming it "more difficult" to mage effectively. The final floors are supposed to be more difficult, right? This is because melee requires one component, Ranged two, and Magic requires three or more to be effective (as in, you could bind bloods and use an air staff, but that's the lowest of the low!).

Finally, it would make sense if ice was easily shattered by crush attacks. Furnished and Abandoned probably each have one style that works for "most" monsters, but not all of them, because there are skeletons and zombies on abandoned. Occult floors are populated primarily by mages or Magic-wielding creatures, so Ranged would match there."

With the "new" Occult theme, has anyone on these forums actually seen a Soulgazer?

YouTube only has one video:

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

I would have expected that since the Hexhunter Bow is supposed to be more powerful towards Magic-users, the Soulgazer would be seen MORE OFTEN on Occult floors.

2dgucz6.png

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people are under the false impression prom spear has dropped off.

Prom 2hander/Primal BAXE>Shadow silk>Blood Amulet>Prom Plate/Hex Hunter

Ice - Crush

Abandoned - Stab

Furnished - Slash

Occult - Ranged

So...

I never really noticed/cared...

But i guess monsters are 'weak' to those respective elemenants.

Having a WArped would be fairly easy if it's all weak to mage.

[spoiler=Post above]

Ice - Crush

Abandoned - Stab

Furnished - Slash

Occult - Ranged

So...

It's interesting. Therefore it'd be better to have multiple styles bound? Spunds like it'd be very, very hard to adjust.

WarBlastoise.png

[spoiler=Post above]

Ice - Crush

Abandoned - Stab

Furnished - Slash

Occult - Ranged

So...

It's interesting. Therefore it'd be better to have multiple styles bound? Spunds like it'd be very, very hard to adjust.

Not true.

in all the Dungeons

I used Prom 2hander.

the suppose weakness for Occult,range was none existence.

but in the past

melee monsters[forgtten warrior in primal were diffcult to kill]

So gds will be slower imo

but keying will be faster

Primal battleaxe, Hood, Blood Amulet.

Blood Amulet is seriously overrated, and I actually contemplate getting a plate once again and destroying it, as soon as your hood is disabled you are Daemonheims play-toy.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Atm I have 2h and plate bound, just because I haven't got a hood yet. Been playing with bunch of people who have got 3-5 hood drops and have much lower dungeoneering levels than me.. And yesterday saw a hood drop first time, but someone else looted it.

Whenever I get hood/necklace/hex I'll bind it, and see if it's worth it. Dunno what I'd do if I had to choose between hood and blood necklace. Would make sense to bind necklace, because it's much rarer, but hood is pretty important when keying, and if you're playing almost half the time with random people, you really want to key because you never know how good your team mates are.

When I reach 100 dungeoneering, I hopefully have some of these:

2h+plate+hood

primal baxe+guardian+hood

2h+hood+necklace

2h+hood+hex

A_Kekek.png

1st Bind: Primal B Axe > Prom 2H > Prom Spear

2nd Bind: Hood > Prom Platebody > Primal Chain > Primal Legs > Blood Necklace

3rd Bind: Prom Platebody > Primal Chain > Primal Legs > Blood Necklace

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

i definately want a blood necklace, some people say its overrated but id definately have my uses for it, id unbind hood for it

i hate plate + 2h till 93 dung, now i got hood but im thinking about going back to plate, but i think ill keep hood till warped then get some primal armor piece, then again i realy want a sag body, 100 mage def from a single piece of armor?

i realy hope they make it so u dont have to be in agressive for zerker to work, that way primal spear would be worth it

my dream triple bind is pretty unique, i want primal spear + blood necklace + sag body, then id go primal legs for 4th

i think theres a point were u dont need hood, if youve got primal chain + legs bound you dont realy need to be conceald from a few extra monsters

a_final_name.png

Kota, it's somewhat hard to understand what you're saying. Even if you can rather easily kill mages with slash attacks, they "should" be weaker to Ranged. Also, with the majority of bosses for Occult floors, it is more beneficial to use Ranged. Examples would include the Necrolord, Gravecreeper, Skeletal Trio, and Yk'Lagor.

So, Primal Battleaxe > Promethium 2H or Spear? I hadn't heard that, but I was planning on binding the Battleaxe regardless as soon as I could get my hands on one.

The Hexhunter Bow seems like it would be the absolute best weapon to bind since mages are the only monsters that can remove your Shadowsilk Hood's cloaking, and since as I said in my original post, Occult floor enemies and bosses are typically weak to Ranged. I should have reason to believe that most people will simply C1 rush all floors up to Abandoned II or even Occult, meaning that they would not very much need a melee weapon for long durations.

I must ask again - does anyone here, on these forums, have any first-hand experience with Soulgazers or Hexhunter Bows? Or, even, has anyone here played on the same team as someone with a Hexhunter Bow?

2dgucz6.png

Right now primal battleaxe is good because it more or less matches the prom 2h for damage output but allows you to tank while keying at any time you want.

With the next batch I expect primal longsword/spear/2h to be bound over the battleaxe based on which ones are released. 2h being the best with spear being second if it isn't released, with longsword for dedicated keyers and potentially better than spear with berserker.

Shadow silk hood is without a doubt the second best. It prevents much more damage than a platebody/leatherbody and certainly more than any platelegs. In fact, if you get this drop before 50 dungeoneering, I would just go ahead and bind it because getting 100k experience isn't that hard and you always get a weapon at the beginning of a dungeon anyway, albeit a weaker one. It certainly saves time later because you can go with better teams.

I'm one of those people that thinks Blood Necklace is overrated. I've gotten a drop before but no one in my team wanted to bind it over hood or promethium plate, so it was just left in the dungeon. The effect isn't that useful and you lose a massive amount of defence no matter which other item you give up. I could see it being okay for nonkeyers or as a 4th bind only.

Hexhunter bow, it's so rare that I would just bind it for the novelty at level 100. I don't think it's worth giving up hood for unless you're level 98-99 and close to the third bind anyway. I'm not sure how good it is because I've never dungeoneered with anyone using it. Obviously if you bind it, bind some t11 p++ arrows as well.

As for my third bind, I'd go Primal Platebody > Promethium Platebody > Sagittarian Body. There's a case for binding the leathertop, but I tend to just pray mage and rely on the dual melee-range defence of a metal body.

4th bind, blood necklace or platelegs. At this point it would certainly be possible to unbind primal plate for primal legs and add a sagittarian body, in fact, that's probably more useful than the necklace and could eliminate all prayer dependency.

Ammo: depends a lot on the next wave of bosses. Right now it is only required for one boss (Necrolord) while slightly helpful for one other (Runebound Behemoth). As it is, Fractite Arrows bought from the Smuggler do a fine enough job as it is.

Now that you can no longer alch arrows, bind law runes. Face it, you're almost never going to use mage in a dungeon, as it saves negligible net time to use it and increases your cash needs in the dungeon, so don't bind blood runes. 125 Law Runes make c1s go significantly faster and also reduce your cash dependency at the beginning to about 1.3k for toolkit and 25-30 essence for cosmics/astrals.

2496 Completionist

i would like binding from 1-50 2h at the strongest tire u can wear

50-99 bind pl8 and 2h - strongest tire u can

99-120 pl8 2h and legs

120= pl8 2h legs and helmet of the strongest tire u can wear..

thats my advice for everyone

:thumbsup:

o_espil.png

prom spear and primal chain for right now. I prefer chain over plate because it doesn't have the negative range bonus that plate does.

I'm still debating for number 3. I don't like shadowsilk hood anymore because there are way to many mages on occult floors so its pretty much useless.

I'm debating between primal plate legs or sagittare long/hex hunter bows as my next bind.

On one hand plate legs would give me great defense but on the other, there are so many bosses that are easier with range that it might be worth it to have a sag bow instead of making a new gc or ent bow each floor.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Firstly, I have to comment on how great it is that there are so many differing opinions on what the most effective items to bind are. It'll be even better when the skill is finished.

I'm not incredibly knowledgeable when it comes to dungeoneering binds. I haven't even seen a hood and I'm level 74 dungeoneering. Personally, my dream setup (assuming 100 DG) would be a Hexhunter bow, hood, and sagittarian body or primal chain. I don't know why, but I'm OBSESSED with the Hexhunter (hence my avatar). I think it's interesting, but unsurprising, that the primal baxe is so popular.

Assuming 100 dungeoneering, would a primal baxe, primal kite, and hood be a great set for a pro keyer? Now that I think about it, I suppose a platebody and a novite kite would be better.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I'll definitely stick with a 2H and shadow silk hood.

the SS hood is just too useful, and you don't spend enough time fighting low defense monsters to see the difference

and based on my DPS calculations, i'll stick with the 2H. You spend alot more time fighting higher defense monsters than lower ones.

and by the time the primal 2h comes out, the primal baxe won't be that much better.

I don't really key THAT often anyways.

as for a third bind, it'll probably a platebody, but a blood necklace would make me think twice.

I'd definitely bind a hexhunter over a platebody though.

Naaxi.png

I haven't used/seen a Hexhunter bow yet but the few people that bound one said it is garbage and all went back to using a piece of armor for their bind. The Hood is definitely something worth having, take it from someone who is 99 dungeoneering, has only seen 1 drop and is constantly being the 1st to get pummeled by arrows and melee attacks in a team of 4 hooded players. Not. Fun. At. All.

Weapons are a matter of preference but I definitely prefer to tank with a baxe b/c I don't have a hood. Whoever mentioned binding a primal kite probably should reconsider. You can just buy a novite kite at the beginning and still get the same amount bonus from using the tank ring with it. Plus, you'll have a higher def bonus with the junk kite + some kind of piece of armor.

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

Hood is obvious.

2h vs baxe is personal preference & how much you key. I like to key, so i use a baxe.

Blood neck ain't that good

Also I don't get why people pick platebody over rangebody, mage def seems so much more useful

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Also I don't get why people pick platebody over rangebody, mage def seems so much more useful

It's better to be good in 2 things not bad at all 3 ... Platebody + Protect from Mage ..

If youre hooded youre (almost) totally safe from melee/range until you get unveiled.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

It's better to be good in 2 things not bad at all 3 ... Platebody + Protect from Mage ..

Except you don't get infinite prayer. It's way more important for the boss.

Also, slightly off-track, but what will be the new uses of the unreleased items? I can already see how most of them would work:

- Primal longsword: Will become the best 1-handed weapon, useful for keying because of the ability to "tank".

- Primal 2h: Will become the best 2-handed weapon if used with berserker.

- Primal spear: Probably only for those who are too lazy to buy berserker/tank class. Oh and the flexibility and p++.

- Primal platebody: Best melee/range defense armor piece.

- Sagittarian body: Best magic defense armor piece, also all around.

- Celestial robe top: ...magic attack? :mellow:

If I were a member my bind order would be this:

Best spear (don't feel like using tokens on class rings) -> shadow silk hood (damage evasion) -> blood necklace -> hexhunter bow.

Ammo would probably be 125 of my best arrows I can use. I can just craft the runes anyways.

EDIT: Just read about the theme thing. You can't really assume one particular theme will be weak to a particular class. Each monster has a different weakness, you can't just range your way through occults or even slash through furnished. I know the idea behind what you're saying, but it's still not that great to just make assumptions like that.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Many people, when deciding to bind armor, automatically jump to the conclusion that the Promethium Platebody is best. This is not necessarily true, and what many people forget is the fact the Tyrannoleather Leatherbody is extremely effectively as well.

Especially when Occult floors are so magic-based, as you've said.

You may say then: when platebody is excellent melee and ranged defense, so can't I just pop that on, slap on magic prayer, and run around invincible? Looks good on paper, but it doesn't exactly work. For some strange reason, at least through my observations, melee and range are more accurate than we typically give them credit for, at least in Daemonhiem. Unless I have food to spare, I usually find myself with melee prayer or ranged prayer on anyways when dealing with high level melee/range opponents, even with a Promethium Platebody. The simple fact is that the tougher melee and ranged opponents are so accurate with their attacks, the Promethium Platebody doesn't seem to help at all.

It's different with Tyrannoleather. I've used it before, and I can honestly say that I could kill high level magic-based opponents without prayer and without fear.

Let's put it like this. There are level 114 Forgotten Mages and Rangers. If I faced a level 114 Ranger with a Promethium Platebody, I'd put on ranged prayer, as even with it on, its attacks are pretty pretty accurate and I could lose a few salve eels. However, if I faced the Mage with a Tyrannoleather Body, I wouldn't use magic prayer, because I wouldn't need it.

So yeah, the Tyrannoleather Body won't give you fantastic defenses against melee and range, but on tougher opponents, it probably doesn't matter anyway. What's extremely important about it is that it gives such huge bonuses to magic, that you won't even need to fear magic attacks (non-boss magic attacks, anyway). Personally, if I ever get to 3 binds and I don't get my hands on a Blood Necklace, I'm getting Tyrannoleather or Sagittarian Bodies.

And I imagine it's much the same story for the leg-counterparts.

Plus, with the hood, you can run into rooms with Ranged prayer instead and take no damage upon entry. Mages will do nothing because of your leatherbody, Range attacks hit the protection prayer, and if there were any strong melee opponents closeby, you'd see them before you entered the room.

cant bother quoting them all, but i definately have to dissagree with some things here

"range is better for many bosses, necro trio gravecreeper and yk"

1. necro has to be ranged, obvious example

2. ive never ranged trio but i can solo a 5:5 trio with melee in no time

3+4. both of these bosses you have to be right next to them in melee range to kill, so why on earth would you stand directly next to a boss and range it when melee will do 2x the dmg? seriously i hit consistent 700s on yk and grave

if you are dumb enough to stand back and range from a distance, gravecreeper will range you too which is unprayable and ull get downed pretty quickly, same case with yk's mage except worse

if you range yk from a distance on a team i was in, id definately kick you because if 1 person is out of melee range then he will mage everyone in the room for cosistent 200-400s, so yea ggr 1-2k dmg and 5-10 eels per hit just because your reflex's arent good enough to get to the pillar

also in a solo dung i have ranged yk and with 180 range bonus i hit about 50% of the time, as opposed to 80-90% with melee and about 70% with mage

moving on, i do think leather bodys are underestimated and i definately want a sag body, but only sag since leather bodys mage def goes up rapidly at the end, every tier counts with range bodys

with melee weapons for exampel, 1 tier = 5% more str bonus

t9 body = 66 mage def t10 body = 83 mage def, t11 body = 100 mage def, so yea with bodys t11 may be the only truely usefull one, no melee gear will improve over 150% in 2 tiers

lastly to sonik "primal longsword will become the best 1h weapon"

not a chance, baxe is the same speed as longsword and has about 8 higher str bouns, more dps than long

also long has slash + stab, pretty useless combo

baxe has crush + slash, which most people in dung know is the best combo except for spear (slash for zombies and mages, crush for undead and fire giants, slash or crush depending on what a warrior is wearing between plate or chain)

a_final_name.png

Yeah, to me, anyone who binds prom body or primal chain is a moron. Tyrannoleather body gives 83 magic defense which is 89 higher than prom body. That's HUGE. It also gives +30 range attack which is 40 higher than prom plate, you can use a crappy bow and still have a good range accuracy. There's more bosses that can/should be ranged, like necrolord. Notice how you pray melee because of the summons? 83 magic defense ftw? :thumbup: It gives a little bit of melee defense anyway, which considering you'll be wearing a hood, you dont need melee protection against mages.

you forget the -150 melee and ranged def, and there are always good trees in the dungeon (if you have an appropriate wc level) so making a decent bow (T8+) takes literally FEW SECONDS.

In other words it's a personal choice. I prefer +150 melee and ranged def than +89 magic def and +30 Ranged attack.

Actually most of the times I have to range something (except Lexicus and Necro) I just drop the party gatestone at the door outside and when they freeze/snare me I just teleport. They start walking toward me and when I go back to the room they are RIGHT NEXT TO ME.