Dungeoneering: Bindery

Blutters

What other binds did the player have? Did you get his/her name? How did it fare against bosses?

I'M SO CURIOUS! :pray:

EDIT: Nevermind, you answered the first question.

his named was pharnox or something like that

his name started with phar :P

he hate either a primal baxe or a 2h, along with the bow + shadow silk

Too hard to say how it did on the bosses, I'm guessing it missed alot, and there weren't such massive hits that I could clearly tell which of the hits came from the hexhunter, and not the rest of us.

sorry, that's all I remember

It was probably Phar0nix. He used to hang out in my old home world (this was years ago). Someone should definitely get in contact with him to do some real testing.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What items are best to bind for solo dungeons? C1? C6? Medium? How about duo mediums?

Currently I have a spear and haven't decided what to bind next. Do I even need armor if I can soul split?

Still interested in this.

Played a dungeon today with a hexhunter, unfortunately no one ever knew he had it until we got to the boss. Wasn't really able to pay attention to how well he was hitting (shadow forger). Hopefully I can talk to him later about doing some testing.

hex-1.jpg

clansig7.gif

How important is stab compared to slash and crush in Daemonheim, specifically on the occult floors? I have a hood and 2h. I went for the 2h because spear has terrible slash attack, which is needed to deal with magical monsters. I'm pretty sure slash is overall the most important melee style, but I am still considering getting a spear to be more well-rounded.

As for my eventual third bind, I would opt for the blood necklace, not so much for the special effect, but for the +11 atk and str bonus. Nothing else would be worn in the necklace slot anyway.

As for my eventual third bind, I would opt for the blood necklace, not so much for the special effect, but for the +11 atk and str bonus. Nothing else would be worn in the necklace slot anyway.

almost all high level dungeoneers who have owned blood necklaces in the past that I know of, have all destroyed their necklaces in favor for promethium platebodies.

i've also heard it's a pain having to equip and unequip the blood necklace because it doesn't work well with the shadow hood. the damage to adjacent enemies can draw monsters when you'd otherwise want to be under concealment.

just food for thought.

Naaxi.png

i've also heard it's a pain having to equip and unequip the blood necklace because it doesn't work well with the shadow hood. the damage to adjacent enemies can draw monsters when you'd otherwise want to be under concealment.

just food for thought.

I did not know that the special effect could make monsters aggressive. Now I definitely won't have the necklace as my third bind. Maybe tyrannoleather body instead? I think the mage defence compliments the hood well, and whenever there is a non-mage/necromancer gd you could just unequip it to get back the 10 atk.

almost all high level dungeoneers who have owned blood necklaces in the past that I know of, have all destroyed their necklaces in favor for promethium platebodies.

just food for thought.

the few times ive seen necklace in action itd dmg didnt cause retaliation, specificly ive seen it used at yk'lagor, and the 40 dmg could hit a mage without letting the mage turn and attack you

ive not seen it used in a hood safe room next to a monster, but id like this confirmed first

however if you can use the necklace effect and the hood effect at the same time, this will make the combo even better! leeching free hp from humanoids without fighitng them

a_final_name.png

I'd like your thoughts on my current setup (which I plan to change).

Before the ring enhancements, I had a prom spear ++ and a prom body bound. I do 99% of my dungeoneering solo because as an adult, I get frustrated with all the kiddies who always think their right and everyone seems to have a different strategy even if I go along with the team (which I always do). The Tipit community though is much more mature so I'm not including all of you with those random players! lol

Anyway, I don't see much advanatage to having a hood when I solo. I have had one drop and I tried it for a while but I thought it was pretty useless. I don't get piled by much doing solos. Anyway, I recently changed my binds because I got two drops within two floors that I wanted to try out. The first was a primal rapier and the second was a sag bow and arrows (which I made into p++).

I've been playing with this setup for a little while and it's ok but not great. Any pimarily soloers out there with thoughts on what I shoudl do? I'm thinking of going to a prom 2h and body. I'm only 78 dung atm and I don't do it to much but its starting to grow on me. I know everyone will say do 5:5s and I do occasionally, but I tend to enjoy doing solo no matter how slow!

Two other questions - what drops should I consider binding over a 2h and body? Will Sag Arrows work with other bows?

Thanks!

Plink_Floyd.png

PlinkFloyd, luckily in Dungeoneering, any arrows will work with any bow.

Does anyone else find it rather ridiculous that T11 drops only come from bosses? I mean, JaGEx often overlooks some small aspects of gameplay, but the fact that they apparently didn't expect that people would almost always only bind torso armors is rather surprising...

Maybe they should have made it to where you had to have such and such level over the "initial bind level"... Like, for example, when you reach lvl 50 and receive your 2nd bind, you can only bind gloves/boots, then headgears at 52, chains at 54, legs at 56... That kinda thing, just to make sure most items would at some point see some use.

2dgucz6.png

Would be even better if they made it so you could "temp" bind items, for a few floors. Would get some items to see more use as well.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Would be even better if they made it so you could "temp" bind items, for a few floors. Would get some items to see more use as well.

I've suggested this on the RSOF multiple times now. Boss drops should be kept for a limited number of floors before being destroyed automatically.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Would have to be only boss drops tho to prevent abuse.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

just food for thought.

the few times ive seen necklace in action itd dmg didnt cause retaliation, specificly ive seen it used at yk'lagor, and the 40 dmg could hit a mage without letting the mage turn and attack you

ive not seen it used in a hood safe room next to a monster, but id like this confirmed first

however if you can use the necklace effect and the hood effect at the same time, this will make the combo even better! leeching free hp from humanoids without fighitng them

I did an entire floor with hood + necklace (got the necklace at the start of the dungeon) and didn't notice anything of that sort, although it is possible that I may have missed it. I didn't find the necklace particularly useful except against the skeletal army that Necrolord summoned.

Hegel.png

I'd like your thoughts on my current setup (which I plan to change).

Before the ring enhancements, I had a prom spear ++ and a prom body bound. I do 99% of my dungeoneering solo because as an adult, I get frustrated with all the kiddies who always think their right and everyone seems to have a different strategy even if I go along with the team (which I always do). The Tipit community though is much more mature so I'm not including all of you with those random players! lol

Anyway, I don't see much advanatage to having a hood when I solo. I have had one drop and I tried it for a while but I thought it was pretty useless. I don't get piled by much doing solos. Anyway, I recently changed my binds because I got two drops within two floors that I wanted to try out. The first was a primal rapier and the second was a sag bow and arrows (which I made into p++).

I've been playing with this setup for a little while and it's ok but not great. Any pimarily soloers out there with thoughts on what I shoudl do? I'm thinking of going to a prom 2h and body. I'm only 78 dung atm and I don't do it to much but its starting to grow on me. I know everyone will say do 5:5s and I do occasionally, but I tend to enjoy doing solo no matter how slow!

Two other questions - what drops should I consider binding over a 2h and body? Will Sag Arrows work with other bows?

Thanks!

I too solo the majority of my Dungeons.

My solo bind list is:

1) Prom LS

2) Catalytic Fire Staff

3) Sag Arrows (P++)

The reason for this setup is that I find Prom Long to be slightly more accurate than the Primal Rapier, despite its lack of speed. I would say its close to even with the Rapier for the rooms, but LS is better for bosses due to its higher accuracy. It has a stab option too, so a good "all around" weapon for the most part since it can access all the rings.

I've seen 2H in action and it's pretty good, but lacks the stab attack. Ice floors tend to have lower level monsters compared to the higher level floors so I don't feel the lack of a crush option on the LS is to much of a loss.

At the start I also make 50 ess of death, blood, and air runes. Coupled with my fire staff that gives me enough casts to plow though any warriors I might find. The staff also has the benefit of having fire runes for my alchs. I alch all my charms which gives me enough GP if I need to make an alter for some reason. It's also useful for getting GP for farming seeds.

The arrows are simply there because arrows are very difficult and time consuming to make. Runes are cheap, fast and easy to make. If my boss requires a bow, I have the best possible arrows to kill him with.

So that's my personal bind list for solos. Granted, I can make most items myself when needed, so that has influenced my bind order. If you cant make a prom plate, it may be worth binding the highest plate you can instead of the staff.

My binding thoughts are basically:

The things that are most useful at the start of a round, or take a long time to manufacture are worth considering for bind.

Thanks for the input. I think you have a very well thought out plan. However, I think I'd take a prom body over the staff since fire runes are easy/cheap to make. When I run up against a warrior, I usually take off my armor and pray (if it's high lvl) so I don't have the magic penalties. I try to make the runes up front too.

Plink_Floyd.png

Kinda related kinda off a bit but I usually die at least once on Skeletal Trio on 5:5 large, and up to five (combo! combo! combo! combo!) times once because IJDGAF after the second death, but last night I had a very useful and efficient skiller who made full Gorgonite for me with Promethium Kiteshield and Battleaxe (I'm not high DG for Primal yet) and I didn't even die once using T1 Tank... :smile: Anyway my point probably is that it's worth the time to prepare on Occult floors.

2dgucz6.png

Kinda related kinda off a bit but I usually die at least once on Skeletal Trio on 5:5 large, and up to five (combo! combo! combo! combo!) times once because IJDGAF after the second death, but last night I had a very useful and efficient skiller who made full Gorgonite for me with Promethium Kiteshield and Battleaxe (I'm not high DG for Primal yet) and I didn't even die once using T1 Tank... :smile: Anyway my point probably is that it's worth the time to prepare on Occult floors.

I wonder how well a set like tyranno would do against the Trio's mage. Would it be best to wear full melee gear and pray mage, or full range gear and pray range? (this is assuming you're entangling the melee of the trio.)

Assuming you do it efficiently, preparing for the occult bosses is amazing to do.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

hm, considering how good stego body was, I wonder which would a better bind (for second bind slot, assuming I never get 100 dung for third bind slot), tyrannoleather body or shadow silk hood?

Hood.

Leatherbodies and Platebodies are fantastic, but they can't offer you the level of protection the hood can.

hm, considering how good stego body was, I wonder which would a better bind (for second bind slot, assuming I never get 100 dung for third bind slot), tyrannoleather body or shadow silk hood?

Hood.

Leatherbodies and Platebodies are fantastic, but they can't offer you the level of protection the hood can.

the plate/body debate is realy for 100 dung, also im asuming by the time i have 3 perm binds, sag body will already be out

you can compare prom pltae vs tyrano body now but honestly, saggitare body is over 20% better than tyrano, primal plate is only 5-10% better than prom plate so if you think tyrano and prom are about even, id say sag will surpass primal

a_final_name.png