Dungeoneering: Bindery

Blutters

hm, considering how good stego body was, I wonder which would a better bind (for second bind slot, assuming I never get 100 dung for third bind slot), tyrannoleather body or shadow silk hood?

Hood.

Leatherbodies and Platebodies are fantastic, but they can't offer you the level of protection the hood can.

the plate/body debate is realy for 100 dung, also im asuming by the time i have 3 perm binds, sag body will already be out

you can compare prom pltae vs tyrano body now but honestly, saggitare body is over 20% better than tyrano, primal plate is only 5-10% better than prom plate so if you think tyrano and prom are about even, id say sag will surpass primal

Thanks zaaps! So it seems like I'll be keeping my good ol' trusty....fourth :oops: ...shadow silk hood.

and squisher, yeah I guess that's true, looking at it from that perspective. But an important thing to keep in mind is that sagittarian body and primal platebody will only come out with warped floors, which will hopefully change things up a bit. By then, anyone with the dungeoneering level to access warped floors (lvl 95+) should be seriously thinking about that third bind slot. As you pointed out, sagittarian body does offer a bigger jump up from tyrannoleather body compared to primal platebody vs promethium platebody, but we'll have to see which is best for warped floors as well as occult (if any 95+ dungeoneer would even do many 5:5 occults by then...).

Capt_Davy.png AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.png

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine that the sagittarian body will be available at a much lower level than the primal plate (relatively, anyway). I'd bet a few GP that the primal plate and 2h will only be available at 113+ dungeoneering.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I imagine that the sagittarian body will be available at a much lower level than the primal plate (relatively, anyway). I'd bet a few GP that the primal plate and 2h will only be available at 113+ dungeoneering.

Let's see... floors go to 60...

We're up to 47 now, at level 93.

There will likely be 3 bosses at lvl 95, and there are the Primal Longsword, Spear, 2H Sword, Celestial, Sag, Primal Platebody... Uhh...

So lvl 95 for Primal Longsword/Spear/2H Sword, 101 for Celestial Robe Top, 107 for Sag. body, 113 for Primal Platebody? :unsure:

2dgucz6.png

Let's see... floors go to 60...

We're up to 47 now, at level 93.

There will likely be 3 bosses at lvl 95, and there are the Primal Longsword, Spear, 2H Sword, Celestial, Sag, Primal Platebody... Uhh...

So lvl 95 for Primal Longsword/Spear/2H Sword, 101 for Celestial Robe Top, 107 for Sag. body, 113 for Primal Platebody? :unsure:

Are bosses assigned to levels in a recurring pattern? I just guessed 113+ because I imagine that the final boss (before Bilrach) will be unlocked at a lower level than 119, and 113 sounded reasonable to me. I'm guessing the platebody will be the last item just because it's prestigious.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I'd have to agree with squisher, it fits the pattern; notice how the highest-levelled boss on each set of floors always drop weapons? I'd bet that the strongest boss would drop the strongest weapon (2h).

I wonder who the final boss will be, and if it's Bilrach...well...it would be interesting to see how strong he is, and how we would kill him (remember "killing" Lucien in Temple of Ikov?).

Capt_Davy.png AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.png

Can someone explain why we go crazy over the shadowsilk hood?

Do a 5 man large when you're the only one without a hood and you'll find out really fast. Every warrior, ranger, zombie, skeleton, and hill giant will only be attacking you.

clansig7.gif

I made a poll on this a while back, I'll copy my bind order here:

1. A two-handed sword.
  2. Previous and a shadow silk hood.
  3. Previous and blood necklace
  4. Previous and a gold accuracy bracelet, I'd also replace the 2h with a rapier.
  5. Guardian's ward and above.
  6. All armour pieces arranged by the amount of defence they give: plate, legs, boots.

I love my (gorgonite) rapier, on C1's I get berserker titles vs. prom 2h/spear/long.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

If I keyed more, I'd get t5 tank and use a ADF or novite kite, but otherwise I stick with 2h.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

My friend brought up a pretty good point, which is that any shield will allow you to use the Tank perk. This means that if you have three binds, [at the moment] it's better to bind platelegs or chaps than a kiteshield (in addition of course to the battleaxe and hood) - well, for keying at least.

2dgucz6.png

My friend brought up a pretty good point, which is that any shield will allow you to use the Tank perk. This means that if you have three binds, [at the moment] it's better to bind platelegs or chaps than a kiteshield (in addition of course to the battleaxe and hood) - well, for keying at least.

That might be true.

personaly i think tank shold function as:

tier of ring + tier of shield = dmd reduced, max of 21% with primal kiteshield and t10 tank

Wouldn't guardians ward be better than prim kite for keying? No idea if your thoughts are correct, but the main enemies a keyer faces are mages, and having good defense stats in everything plus a very nice mage def(hood+ward would give the same mage def as t7 ranged body). The ward is bound to be t9+.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I've a Celestial Catalytic staff and a Sagittarian longbow and arrows bound, and that's about it. I don't rush so the hood isn't important and I can make armour on the way.

I was handed a Guardian's Ward once, but chose not to keep it. I thought it wasn't uncommon to get them as drops, but I guess they're much rarer than that.

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

I've a Celestial Catalytic staff and a Sagittarian longbow and arrows bound, and that's about it. I don't rush so the hood isn't important and I can make armour on the way.

I was handed a Guardian's Ward once, but chose not to keep it. I thought it wasn't uncommon to get them as drops, but I guess they're much rarer than that.

i've encountered probably five of them so far but no hood. i don't think their that rare... obviously five is too small a sample to tell though

fishing.gif

i've encountered probably five of them so far but no hood. i don't think their that rare... obviously five is too small a sample to tell though

I've never found the higher tier commemorative plate (well maybe once?), only the lower one, and many, many times at that (3+ in one large before!). Are you sure you had the higher version and not the lower version?

2dgucz6.png

The best tank binds:

primal long

primal kite

primal plate

4th item could either be a shadowsilk hood or a hexhunter bow.

You'd be better off binding a binding legs over the shield....you can use ANY shield for tank, so you'd just buy a Novite shield from the shop at the start

Also factoring in the fact that most of the things that see you either mage or melee, you'd be better off with a Sag body, since meleers will only get one shot at you as you run through, you could just protect from range, and the Body would protect you from mages.

I'm pretty sure at this point, a tanks binds would be..

Shadow Silk hood

Tyrannoleather body (since sag isn't avaliable yet)

Primal B axe

Not sure for 4th bind

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

The best tank binds:

primal long

primal kite

primal plate

4th item could either be a shadowsilk hood or a hexhunter bow.

You'd be better off binding a binding legs over the shield....you can use ANY shield for tank, so you'd just buy a Novite shield from the shop at the start

Also factoring in the fact that most of the things that see you either mage or melee, you'd be better off with a Sag body, since meleers will only get one shot at you as you run through, you could just protect from range, and the Body would protect you from mages.

I'm pretty sure at this point, a tanks binds would be..

Shadow Silk hood

Tyrannoleather body (since sag isn't avaliable yet)

Primal B axe

Not sure for 4th bind

blood neck

Sag chaps

Primal plate legs

choose your posion

[...]

On theme weaknesses: (my post from RSOF)

"Just something small I thought I should point out:

Ice - Crush

Abandoned - Stab

Furnished - Slash

Occult - Ranged

So...

[...]

Just finished a floor 38 large dungeon with a Sagittarian longbow and matching tier 8 armour, and it sucked balls. Nowhere near a match compared to melee, against no matter what enemy.

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

[...]

On theme weaknesses: (my post from RSOF)

"Just something small I thought I should point out:

Ice - Crush

Abandoned - Stab

Furnished - Slash

Occult - Ranged

So...

[...]

Just finished a floor 38 large dungeon with a Sagittarian longbow and matching tier 8 armour, and it sucked balls. Nowhere near a match compared to melee, against no matter what enemy.

Yeah, okay.

I think you're exaggerating that it "sucked", but rather, it just wasn't QUITE as fast as melee. Which goes against sense anyway.

2dgucz6.png