Why are you "old school"

CharlieBrown

I'm not an "O.G." by any means, but I'm as old school as it comes for RS2. I started during the beta. I don't use many new ways to train, but sometimes it's unavoidable.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm old school because I still use dragon weapons & armor from time to time.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Uh, I trained from 1-72 runecrafting before the abyss came out, when you had to sell noted essence to the shop...but that's really it. Yeah, I trained cooking and fletching before make-x, but that's not really significant.

I don't really consider myself old school, even though I've been playing the game for nearly 6 years now.

hzvjpwS.gif

Uh, I trained from 1-72 runecrafting before the abyss came out, when you had to sell noted essence to the shop...but that's really it. Yeah, I trained cooking and fletching before make-x, but that's not really significant.

I don't really consider myself old school, even though I've been playing the game for nearly 6 years now.

Yep i rememeber...shop north of nature altar...selling noted ess to shop keeping and buying it back

or you could..go from Al Kharid....take the flight to Kara....crossing the log...if you fell..you took damage + extra walking...then Dueling ring back to Al Kharid (nature runes that is)

Cuz I remember when I could count the # of servers on one hand.

I can remember when I couldn't even choose the server.

So yeah, I've been playing since 2001, but I don't seriously like to brag with it. I never bring it up in-game unless someone asks. I don't see why it's relevant to this moment.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I randomly appeared sometime in '06, but I dont really consider myself old school. Im kinda in the middle between the newer guys and the old school players. I dont see the point in attemptingto show off your "old school", what really counts is the attitudes of the players. Id take a mature player whos low leveled any not been playing long over an ass of a player from 2001

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

I prize efficiency over whatever petty mentality other people have. It's not my fault if you choose to do it the long way then give up halfway because "RS is too boring lul"

WOW

please go out, have a good time with friends, experience the wonderfull idea of "having fun together" and then return to runescape. You would really do a benefit to yourself, runescape and the whole world! - The attitude that runescape should be an efficiency run is sickening and frightening at the same time!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I prize efficiency over whatever petty mentality other people have. It's not my fault if you choose to do it the long way then give up halfway because "RS is too boring lul"

WOW

please go out, have a good time with friends, experience the wonderfull idea of "having fun together" and then return to runescape. You would really do a benefit to yourself, runescape and the whole world! - The attitude that runescape should be an efficiency run is sickening and frightening at the same time!

because it is somehow fact that you cannot enjoy being efficient at killing things and levelling up?

derp

the more posts i read of yours the less intelligent you become

WOW

because it is somehow fact that you cannot enjoy being efficient at killing things and levelling up?

derp

the more posts i read of yours the less intelligent you become

No it is not a "fact" an sich.. What it is however is that by projecting that message of "efficiency is most important" on the global runescape population, this also becomes the generic assumption that efficiency is important). This means that jagex more and more caters towards "efficiency freaks".. And less and less towards the casual player. The problem with those "efficiency freaks" is that BECAUSE they care so much for efficiency, they naturally care less for other things.. And 1 thing should always be the prime reason you play an MMO: player interaction, MMO's are by definition a big social culture and THIS should be the reason why you play an MMO over a single player game.

Saying: "I only play for my own enjoyment, and I don't give anything about what other think of me" is a very egocentrical statement as it means you're not caring for others, and are only playing the game (and thus using bandwidth) for your own good! - Wouldn't a single player game fit you much better if you care about efficiency only?

PS: If I cared for intelligence with posters I would've left these forums along with all runescape communities a long time ago! I did try to plase intelligent discussions here in the past, but the only way to get into some people is by making bold statements. (if you need proof of this statement, look at this topic: I said technical limitation weren't a problem, yet the next 4 post suggested that it would be!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

he never said that others should only value efficiency. he said that is what he values, over the other options that others do

one can be efficient and interact with others - in fact, one must interact with the economy to be efficient

this is a game, surely you should be playing for your enjoyment, not others'?

--

i am tired of internet humanists - that facade is far too thin and boring.

Depends on if it's worth it. On the one hand you have Dungeoneering and Hunter which are blatiantly boring and I never train them. On the other hand you have Summoning which is actually useful. So I do like the oldschool side of things and avoid certain new introductions, but I also like to be full-on in modern warfare and so.

Back when I dk'ed my level 80 magic was high and it was the best source of income.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I started in 2001 then played until the release of RS2. I just didn't like RS2 for some reason, but I eventually came back for a month or 2 and leveled up new skills then I quit for years again. Now I'm back and enjoying the cook all feature because I just alt tab and look at websites while it does its thing.