Efficiency

Michael

@Obtaurian

You boast somewhat about your efficient gameplay and how much you make in 12 hours then state well actually I dont have super gear because I dont earn as much as someone else. Contradictory to say the least. You see You all act like children when someone disagrees or requires elaboration on an aspect (you know, what debate actually is).

:lol:

This is probably one of the funniest things I've ever read on these forums. Thank you.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just accept that jrhairychest is incredibly dumb and refuses to accept that people do play for fun whilst being efficient (or he's just a really obvious troll).

Remind me, what are we arguing about? Efficiency isn't a problem, anti efficiency is.

Hmmmmm.........You were saying about trolling PereGrin? Doesn't exactly help your cause here.

What the hell are you talking about?

Guest jrhairychest
@Obtaurian

You boast somewhat about your efficient gameplay and how much you make in 12 hours then state well actually I dont have super gear because I dont earn as much as someone else. Contradictory to say the least. You see You all act like children when someone disagrees or requires elaboration on an aspect (you know, what debate actually is).

This is probably one of the funniest things I've ever read on these forums. Thank you.

Ooookaaaay.

Let's just accept that jrhairychest is incredibly dumb and refuses to accept that people do play for fun whilst being efficient (or he's just a really obvious troll).

Remind me, what are we arguing about? Efficiency isn't a problem, anti efficiency is.

Hmmmmm.........You were saying about trolling PereGrin? Doesn't exactly help your cause here.

I can't believe I'm actually telling you this. PereGrin is trying to give me a ticking off for trolling just as you are in your sentence above. In the same sentence you accuse me of being incredibly dumb which is trolling or flaming whichever bracket you want to put it into. This is not helping out PereGrin when he's trying to defend you nor your cause in proving I'm some sort of troll. This link Here should help you out with the definintion. Scroll down past the ads.

@Obtaurian

Ooookaaaay.

I can't believe I'm actually telling you this. PereGrin is trying to give me a ticking off for trolling just as you are in your sentence above. In the same sentence you accuse me of being incredibly dumb which is trolling or flaming whichever bracket you want to put it into. This is not helping out PereGrin when he's trying to defend you nor your cause in proving I'm some sort of troll. This link Here should help you out with the definintion. Scroll down past the ads.

The truth hurts man.

And once again, I am blatantly ignored. :thumbup:

No, actually your post was spot on. You obviously have a clear understanding what has been said. Most likely no one answered because you were correct. There is no point in engaging in a debate with someone who agrees with you, and understands exactly what you are saying. Good post :thumbup:

EDIT:

Yeah, it's that second one. The one in parenthesis. Trust me on this one.

Just ignore him.

Don't respond to JHC. We answered all his identical questions, he refuses point blank to read the answers.

pere_grin.png

Guest jrhairychest

PereGrin I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to prove here. We have quite rightly established efficiency is the players right to choose, no more or less. I've answered quite clearly in my last post that posters do not elaborate in what makes them efficient. Let's be honest there are some low quality answers such as 'burn mage logs to 99 firemaking', 'I kill things fast' or 'I can make 3m an hour...well actually I can't yet but I will once I get new gear'.

This is not what I was expecting at all. I'd like to know exactly what makes players consider themselves efficient. Where is the inspiring 'well for summoning tabs I ..........' or 'For good efficiency in crafting I do............' or 'Actually I'm not very good at smithing but I'll tell you about how I tackle mage.....'. I even mentioned self sufficiency at one point but all I got was aggro back for daring to ask whether this was more efficient than 99ing skills individually.

Asking these questions until players come forward to give meaningful answers does not make me a troll and neither does disagreeing with anyone either. Again, I'll point out to you that its a debate which means there's a number of sides to the story. Do not complain about disregarding what other people say when you yourself disregard trolling/flaming or whatever in my direction in the first place in favour of your buddies (yes they are before you say anything!). I'm thick skinned so I can handle it but no-one else is in a position to complain if they get anything back.

I'd like posters to eliminate this forum version of 'The human centipede' and grow up. Not 100% sure who's at the front but the rest all take the same lines, willingly doing their bit. You yourself are being extremely childish with the 'Dont deal with JHC'. If you really are that way then you don't have the capacity to debate with people and need a few more years to mature.

'I can make 3m an hour...well actually I can't yet but I will once I get new gear'.

Because I want to be an English professor in a couple years, I'll help you out here:

Bladewing and I have about the same stats. Bladewing and I have access to the two most profitable boss monsters. Bladewing, however, has the advantage of using a divine spirit shield and a chaotic rapier. I can make about 4m/h at TDs or DKs with my gear. Bladewing can make slightly more at both bosses due to his gear (more at DKs than at TDs, presumably).

I will repeat it again so you don't miss it. I'll even put it in big red letters:

I can make about 4m/h at TDs or DKs.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I've read some of the arguments and not going to take the time to read them all as I almost never go on these forums, but I see one thing that you all seem to be missing. It may have been said, but true efficiency would be doing everything on your own. Of course, this my my own opinion but I see efficiently playing RS as training all skills at nearly the same rate and using the benefits from one skill to help out another. I use the GE only when I have a drop from slayer that I know I won't use later on or when I'm not able to get something myself because I don't have the level for it.

Oh, and if you say my skills don't show this, to an extent they do but I have only had this viewpoint for about a year after having taken a break for about two years so all my skills before could have been a bit off.

I also see that getting everything on your own is the most fun way to play the game, to me it is but that is just me. People get too worked up over the most trivial of things, I said to my friend while chatting with him at the GE "It makes no sense to have a second account or a pure" and I got at least four people ragging at me that pures are more fun and that their main pwns me. I responded that it makes no sense to have more than one account if your first is not maxed in everything, and since no one is maxed 200m exp in anything, no one should use a second account. All in all it was a point of view I stated to my friend and then got a bad response from others. While I may not see why people do things, they do and that is part of human nature and that should never be changed (Also another view of my own, there are people who would change that). There will always be at least two sides to an opinion.

Sorry if that got a little out of track and random, looks fine to me but I'm not really focused right now.

'I can make 3m an hour...well actually I can't yet but I will once I get new gear'.

Because I want to be an English professor in a couple years, I'll help you out here:

Bladewing and I have about the same stats. Bladewing and I have access to the two most profitable boss monsters. Bladewing, however, has the advantage of using a divine spirit shield and a chaotic rapier. I can make about 4m/h at TDs or DKs with my gear. Bladewing can make slightly more at both bosses due to his gear (more at DKs than at TDs, presumably).

I will repeat it again so you don't miss it. I'll even put it in big red letters:

287b5w.jpg

Why...? He can....

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Why...? He can....

Please go away, troll!

287b5w.jpg

Why...? He can....

Please go away, troll!

Please go away, troll!

Why...? He can....

Please go away, troll!

Please go away, troll!

That's you!

287b5w.jpg

I've read some of the arguments and not going to take the time to read them all as I almost never go on these forums, but I see one thing that you all seem to be missing. It may have been said, but true efficiency would be doing everything on your own. Of course, this my my own opinion but I see efficiently playing RS as training all skills at nearly the same rate and using the benefits from one skill to help out another. I use the GE only when I have a drop from slayer that I know I won't use later on or when I'm not able to get something myself because I don't have the level for it.

Oh, and if you say my skills don't show this, to an extent they do but I have only had this viewpoint for about a year after having taken a break for about two years so all my skills before could have been a bit off.

I also see that getting everything on your own is the most fun way to play the game, to me it is but that is just me. People get too worked up over the most trivial of things, I said to my friend while chatting with him at the GE "It makes no sense to have a second account or a pure" and I got at least four people ragging at me that pures are more fun and that their main pwns me. I responded that it makes no sense to have more than one account if your first is not maxed in everything, and since no one is maxed 200m exp in anything, no one should use a second account. All in all it was a point of view I stated to my friend and then got a bad response from others. While I may not see why people do things, they do and that is part of human nature and that should never be changed (Also another view of my own, there are people who would change that). There will always be at least two sides to an opinion.

Sorry if that got a little out of track and random, looks fine to me but I'm not really focused right now.

Although DIY, in a sense, is more efficient than say, spending money on supplies, it doesn't really work out all the time. Things like Combat/Slayer, Woodcutting/Firemaking, Fishing/Cooking, and Mining/Smithing/Magic (assuming you superheat LRC gold) may work out, but are you really going to farm your own herbs for herblore? Are you REALLY going to kill thousands of green dragons for prayer and crafting? Are you REALLLLLY going to rc millions of runes for magic? Face it, it won't be efficient in most cases. You're better off selling them for money to use them on other skills.

Also, agreed with the second account thing. But I only have a second account because it had members on it. =3

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Just go play the game and have fun, kids. I couldn't really give a damn what someone thinks about "how this game should be played".

My highest skill is 93 attack, and played since 2001. Efficient? Maybe not. Do I look like I care? :grin:

efficiency is what puts players on the front page and you on the 5 digit hiscore table.

Why would someone change the way they want to play, just to be on hiscores? I find all kind of bragging rediculous, but people bragging in online games are the biggest joke of them all. :-D

u5zhkTY.gif

Theres a difference between a person having fun, and a person cutting maples, smithing steel bars and wearing a dfs + fighter torso while slaying.

The first person might have chosen not to be efficient in order to do something they like, while the second person is almost without exception uneducated on the subject of efficiency and time=money (e: you should fish monks you make 40m from getting 99 its awesome, aka this person sucks at rs). When you compare being efficient to person 2 it becomes clear that person 2 is just wasting time, which allows the efficient person to feel he is better than person 2.

2dvjurb.png

Just go play the game and have fun, kids. I couldn't really give a damn what someone thinks about "how this game should be played".

My highest skill is 93 attack, and played since 2001. Efficient? Maybe not. Do I look like I care? :grin:

efficiency is what puts players on the front page and you on the 5 digit hiscore table.

Why would someone change the way they want to play, just to be on hiscores? I find all kind of bragging rediculous, but people bragging in online games are the biggest joke of them all. :-D

I was just saying the efficient players actually make it somewhere with a play time. While others play for years and don't obtain the same high levels the efficient players did.

Low_C.png

We don't. We want to be efficient. It's not bragging?