Efficiency

Michael

@ Jrhairychest: I don't know what you're asking, exactly. I gave an example of how I like to train my skills (slaying as fast as I can). Dungeoneering is the ONLY skill in which I do not attempt to train in the most efficient way I can. I get the impression that you're just trying to get a rise out of people.

He probably is. He's a known troll.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bladewing did not elaborate and contradicted himself by claiming fast but not efficient, so what is it then? Semi-efficient? A tad efficient? Almost but not quite there efficient? Please! Thats about as much elaboration out of 3 posters who state that they dont measure their game by xp/time/gp. This includes MstrMonopoly and Obtaurian. Its no good making bold claims without backing them up with some sort of explanation.

my first post said that i am primarily concerned with speed

and that often speed and efficiency coincide

i think you should gtfo because all you are obviously refusing to read what people say

Bladewing did not elaborate and contradicted himself by claiming fast but not efficient, so what is it then? Semi-efficient? A tad efficient? Almost but not quite there efficient? Please! Thats about as much elaboration out of 3 posters who state that they dont measure their game by xp/time/gp. This includes MstrMonopoly and Obtaurian. Its no good making bold claims without backing them up with some sort of explanation.

my first post said that i am primarily concerned with speed

and that often speed and efficiency coincide

i think you should gtfo because all you are obviously refusing to read what people say

Just ignore him, he's been doing that for pages now.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

LOL, way to agree with SirIzenhime while trying to contradict him. Aasiwat's point was that Mrs Jjb Cyn is WASTING experience. Yeah, he did elaborate further on that (hinting that there's some animosity between the two), but his point is that if she's trying to max combat and slayer, she's doing it in a very bad way (read: not cannoning).

Another brilliant post from Golvellius.

You might try reading the whole quote.

Novel idea, I know, but I won't always be here to help you read.

Anyhow, so back to our 24-7 player quote with the part you can't see/comprehend/imagine.

Or worse case, start exclusively ranging it in the end and be even slower.

Is there some reason why she can't range her slayer targets when she gets stuck at 200mil in attack, strength, and defense?

Oh wait, I know, it's not the right way to play.

Slayer is rapiers, bandos armour, overloads, turmoil, steel trash can specials, and cannonballs.

Slayer is not full of variety, fun/profitable, nor a hobby.

Slayer is done one way, maximum xp/maximum expense, and its a lifestyle.

No need to spit shine your efficiency badge your already in top troll form.

But, you might want to invest in a blind-fold, because not everybody is going to play your game, and the sight of other people doing it their way and possiblely having higher levels/xp is going to shatter your glass ego.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

LOL, way to agree with SirIzenhime while trying to contradict him. Aasiwat's point was that Mrs Jjb Cyn is WASTING experience. Yeah, he did elaborate further on that (hinting that there's some animosity between the two), but his point is that if she's trying to max combat and slayer, she's doing it in a very bad way (read: not cannoning).

Another brilliant post from Golvellius.

You might try reading the whole quote.

Novel idea, I know, but I won't always be here to help you read.

Anyhow, so back to our 24-7 player quote with the part you can't see/comprehend/imagine.

Or worse case, start exclusively ranging it in the end and be even slower.

Is there some reason why she can't range her slayer targets when she gets stuck at 200mil in attack, strength, and defense?

Oh wait, I know, it's not the right way to play.

Slayer is rapiers, bandos armour, overloads, turmoil, steel trash can specials, and cannonballs.

Slayer is not full of variety, fun/profitable, nor a hobby.

Slayer is done one way, maximum xp/maximum expense, and its a lifestyle.

No need to spit shine your efficiency badge your already in top troll form.

But, you might want to invest in a blind-fold, because not everybody is going to play your game, and the sight of other people doing it their way and possiblely having higher levels/xp is going to shatter your glass ego.

Wow, that's quite the inference you've made. Can you direct me to where Aasiwat claimed that ranged-slaying is the wrong way to slay? All he said was that it'd be slower and waste experience (which it would). Surely an enlightened fellow such as yourself can discern what he's saying based on context.

Oh, maybe I spoke too soon. Try harder next time.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Guest jrhairychest

@XPX

I have no problem with efficiency. I understand it perfectly and support if it is what the player wants to do as long as they don’t use it as a beating stick against those who don’t. Unfortunately, this does happen as this thread wouldn’t exist at all if it didn’t go on. I think it’s quite an interesting debate.

I’m actually quite happy for someone to come along to prove something, rather than make bold claims then hide away. What makes them efficient players? It not a tough question. Tell me their methods, why they do it, what they gain from it. It’s such an easy claim to make but anyone can do that.

On the flip side to what you’re saying, perhaps some of those who claim they are efficient don’t really understand why they’re claiming it. ‘I am fast therefore I am efficient’ is a start but doesn’t really explain much does it? Perhaps they are afraid to elaborate in case their methods aren’t the super-deluxe methods they claim them to be, or they kind of look like a :geek: to other players.

What of those who do not consider themselves efficient because they do what they do? Is it such a crime to get there later rather than sooner if the player chooses? Is it wrong for a player to choose a method that suits them rather than the age old ‘have to get to 99 asap’? I also think Ginger_Warrior’s post on page 15 had some excellent points in it on page 16 in this area. I would also agree that some players who class themselves as innefficent might be exactly the opposite, knowingly or unknowingly.

@Bladewing – I appreciate you don’t give the most eloquent of descriptions but your attitude sucks like some teenagers little strop. All I’m asking you to do is elaborate your points. You said you didn’t define your game by time in an earlier post then you’re saying you do things fast in order to save time I presume. So....you do?

@Obtaurian – You say you train all skills bar dungeoneering in the most efficient way. I have two points. Can you give some examples of this and why it is efficient (pick some). Second why did you state in an earlier post that you did not define your game by xp/time/gp when clearly it is what you do judging by your last post to me?

@troacctid – Stop behaving like a little Miss Marple, hiding behind other players shouting ‘It was him! Dats him! Ders Dat Troll!’. Grow up and either join the debate and put some points forward or not. Ditto Stonewall.

no. i think it's awesome and cool to kill things fast. which is more fun - to kill 500 monsters an hour or 50? i think 500. more kills = you are a stronger, more powerful, bad dude

and 90% of the time the fastest way coincides with the efficient way

for something like firemaking, i'm gonna do what's most efficient because honestly there's no difference to me between burning a magic log or a maple log

same goes for herblore, and to be honest most skills. however for something like fishing, i actually prefer something like rocktails to powerfishing even though rocktails are not efficient (!).

@Obtaurian – You say you train all skills bar dungeoneering in the most efficient way. I have two points. Can you give some examples of this and why it is efficient (pick some). Second why did you state in an earlier post that you did not define your game by xp/time/gp when clearly it is what you do judging by your last post to me?

1. I'm not going to give you a compendium of efficient ways to train skills. There are guides, spreadsheets, and calculators for that. Feel free to use them.

2. No, I don't define my game in terms of exp/time/GP. How I train a skill depends largely on three things: speed, money, and enjoyability. As I've said numerous times (and has everyone else), enjoyability is an immeasurable but important factor in training efficiently. I'll give you an example:

Method A: 200k exp an hour, costs 20 gp/exp, requires numerous clicking, and is repetitive and dull.

Method B: 150k exp an hour, 25 gp/exp, requires some clicking, and is fun.

Method A costs less money and is faster, so it would be the obvious choice, right? Not for me. If I choose to use Method A, I'll likely log off five minutes into it. Method B, however, is fun, so I'm far more likely to play for at least an hour.

So, in conclusion, which is more efficient? Gaining 200k exp/h for five minutes or gaining 150k exp/h for an hour?

In the case of a skill like slayer, the most efficient way to train also happens to be the most fun, which is why it's my favorite skill.

EDIT: I like how Bladewing explained it, and I agree with him that the only difference between burning maple and magic logs is speed, so why wouldn't I just burn magic logs?

dgs5.jpg

jrhairychest, Efficiency is always about getting there sooner, rather than later, regardless if you want it or not- it is the BEST way to play the game, and this point isn't arguable(assuming you consider absolutely everything in determining the most efficient method). This point has nothing to do with what is wrong or right, infact, this whole thread has absolutely nothing to do with what is right or wrong, as it is a completely personal matter, as is if you want to be efficient or not, but if you are to argue that efficiency isn't the best method, you will be wrong. It might not always be desirable to get somewhere sooner rather than later, but if question arises for which method is better, giving someone a method less than efficient is not desirable. There are alot of weird things/people in this world, but it'd be ridiculous to preach your weird beliefs and not be looked upon differently.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

So there are like sides? Fun or efficiency? What the hell?

Do I have to pick one?

Way to completely miss the point. The point is, to some, being fun IS being efficient, and vis-versa.

Ok I realize that sarcasm over the internet is a bit difficult, but I was making the exact same point as you. I thought the "What the hell?" would have given it away...

edit: On topic, some of my own experiences. Lately I've been cleaning lots of herbs for herblore exp. I hate the task, but the result is so cool that I rather do it than mix potions. I can't say I'm having fun while doing it, but the achievement will be enough fun to justify the grind. So in essence, I WANT to grind. BECAUSE it's the most efficient way.

Come dance.

Potkuassa.png

Guest jrhairychest

@bladewing – So, 90% of the time the fastest way coincides with the efficient way. So this is not letting time dictate your game to get through it faster?

@Obtaurian – Shame you won’t elaborate on what it is that makes you efficient. It would back up your case more, rather than just saying ‘I train efficiently’. I like your variation in methods. I’m sure I’ve seen it posted somewhere else. It goes against what you’ve said previously, stating you train all skills efficiently bar dungeoneering. What’s the efficient way of slaying you were talking about? Please elaborate.

Nice example about the firemaking from both of you, but is that really efficient as you think? Take me for example, I’m 76 firemaking so I took Obtaurian’s excellent advice and used the tipit calculator. For 99 I’d have to burn:

• Magic logs - 38k (1409 ea) magic logs at 54m
  • Maple logs - 86k (51 ea) maples at 4.4m

Sure, I’d get through the magic logs quicker but to make the 54m there’d be some serious work to be done elsewhere to get it, unless you want me to cut all the magic logs myself. For most players it would be quicker to raise the 4.4m for maples and burn them. I also doubt very few players would justify this cost on firemaking, opting to spend 54m on something else. Sorry, it’s a nice idea in principle but not thought through very well.

@XPX

Your post would be great if it were applied to my job, but RS is a game. I don’t treat it as a vocation, I treat it as a nice few hours per night where I can sit down and play. Those that treat it that way usually have a lot of time on their hands and in many cases aren’t employed in the world outside their bedroom, and I'm referring to the adult players here.

I completely disagree with your interpretation that efficiency is the correct way to play. The point is arguable because whether someone batters a 99 skill and/or spends ‘x’ mills on it, whereas someone else takes their time and doesn’t but reaches 99 in their own time, the result is the same. You tell me exactly what the difference is and who said it was a race? The only judge on that is the player themselves and if the player is happy, you cannot argue they are wrong. Most players are not in a position to state ‘This is the most efficient way to train so do this....’ as what works for one does not work for everyone.

Efficiency is not always the best method, particularly if it’s the wrong method for the player. I got 99 agil through using brimhaven a few hours a night with another bunch of mad but fun players. Had great fun, got 99 and didn’t try to kill myself doing ape atoll or wherever and having an ultra boring time. Sure it took a while, but I was in no rush. Again, I have achieved the same as someone who did ape atoll lapping....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I’m not bothered if people look on me differently or don’t share my beliefs. I’m my own man which is better than following the flock anytime.

jrhairychest, Efficiency is always about getting there sooner, rather than later, regardless if you want it or not- it is the BEST way to play the game, and this point isn't arguable(assuming you consider absolutely everything in determining the most efficient method).

This point is, there is not a best method to play a game. You keep stating there is, but there is not really a "efficient" or "inefficient" way to play the game when you only look at your playing style. Efficient and inefficient are only terms to compare your playing style to another. But the part your forgetting is that comparisons are only valid if the two individuals have the same goals, the same endpoints.

If you are not comparing the same goals, your basically saying a rocket is always more efficient than a bird because it flies faster. This isn't really true because there are attributes each object has, that are not goals of the other. The rocket explodes when it reaches its end goal, while the bird does not. The rocket is more efficient at destroying a target, but that is not the bird's goal and thus you can't really compare the two. If the goal was who can get from point B from A faster, then you can compare, but that goal is not shared, so you can't.

People who often think of themselves as "efficient" think that getting to B from A is the primary goal, while other people see other attributes as their goal. You can only have a "best" method to do something when the end goal is the same.

So to sum my point. There is no such thing as an efficient or inefficient person unless you are comparing the same goal. Comparing someone who enjoys doing something fast, and someone who enjoys doing something, is not the same goal. You can't compare them, and thus they cannot be defined as efficient or inefficient to one another.

@XPX

Your post would be great if it were applied to my job, but RS is a game. I dont treat it as a vocation, I treat it as a nice few hours per night where I can sit down and play. Those that treat it that way usually have a lot of time on their hands and in many cases arent employed in the world outside their bedroom, and I'm referring to the adult players here.

I completely disagree with your interpretation that efficiency is the correct way to play. The point is arguable because whether someone batters a 99 skill and/or spends x mills on it, whereas someone else takes their time and doesnt but reaches 99 in their own time, the result is the same. You tell me exactly what the difference is and who said it was a race? The only judge on that is the player themselves and if the player is happy, you cannot argue they are wrong. Most players are not in a position to state This is the most efficient way to train so do this.... as what works for one does not work for everyone.

Efficiency is not always the best method, particularly if its the wrong method for the player. I got 99 agil through using brimhaven a few hours a night with another bunch of mad but fun players. Had great fun, got 99 and didnt try to kill myself doing ape atoll or wherever and having an ultra boring time. Sure it took a while, but I was in no rush. Again, I have achieved the same as someone who did ape atoll lapping....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Im not bothered if people look on me differently or dont share my beliefs. Im my own man which is better than following the flock anytime.

You just did a good job proving that you don't actually understand what efficiency is, congratulations on that. Also, i never said efficiency is the correct way to play the game(as it's not, neither is efficiency the right or wrong way to play the game).

The problem with all you guys(the guy above me too, Ampharos) is that you have a very narrow minded view on what efficiency is. For most of you, efficiency means cannoning/pietying/overloading slayer and stuff like that. Efficiency has nothing to do with that. An efficient method is a method that achieves your goal the fastest, ALL THINGS CONSIDERED. Yes, ALL THINGS. That means that if you don't enjoy method X, it'd be very unlikely that it'd be the efficient method for you. Efficiency also isn't tied to specific goals- the efficient method will achieve YOUR goal the fastest for YOU, so if you consider enough variables(like xp, money, enjoyability and so on), the efficient method will ALWAYS be the best method, as well as being the BEST way to play the game assuming that you want to achieve anything at all(well, actually, even that isn't a limiting factor, as if you really enjoy the journey but not achieving, methods like killing chickens would become efficient for you). Efficiency does not always dictate doing things fast, but it will always get you there the fastest without sacrificing anything else. If you compare every possible training method to a quadric equation, the efficient method will always be at the global minumum on the time scale.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

@Obtaurian Shame you wont elaborate on what it is that makes you efficient. It would back up your case more, rather than just saying I train efficiently.

Again, that knowledge is freely available on these forums and other forums. Feel free to do some research. I use Grimy's spreadsheets for almost everything I do, so there's a starter.

I like your variation in methods. Im sure Ive seen it posted somewhere else. It goes against what youve said previously, stating you train all skills efficiently bar dungeoneering.

No, it doesn't. I said I train every skill (bar dungeoneering) efficiently, and I have not changed my stance on that at any point in this thread.

Whats the efficient way of slaying you were talking about? Please elaborate.

Guides guides guides. Zarfot's Mega Slayer guide is a great place to start. I power-slay.

Nice example about the firemaking from both of you, but is that really efficient as you think? Take me for example, Im 76 firemaking so I took Obtaurians excellent advice and used the tipit calculator. For 99 Id have to burn:

• Magic logs - 38k (1409 ea) magic logs at 54m
  • Maple logs - 86k (51 ea) maples at 4.4m

Sure, Id get through the magic logs quicker but to make the 54m thered be some serious work to be done elsewhere to get it, unless you want me to cut all the magic logs myself. For most players it would be quicker to raise the 4.4m for maples and burn them. I also doubt very few players would justify this cost on firemaking, opting to spend 54m on something else. Sorry, its a nice idea in principle but not thought through very well.

54m takes about 12h to make for both Bladewing and I (Bladewing would make it faster due to his far superior gear). It would take far longer for us to burn maples for 99 than it would to burn magics (including making the money for both), hence why it's more efficient to use magics. Besides that, killing TDs/DKs/Frosts is far more entertaining than spending any extra time burning maples.

Frankly, you don't have an argument at this point. All you're saying is "give me a guide on how to train my skills."

dgs5.jpg

We are talking ONLY about efficiency on this thread JHC. At least 4 people have mentioned this as being xp/gp/time. WE ARE NOT FACTORING IN FUN HERE. Fun isn't part of the equation. That is an outside equation used to determine whether or not you want to be completely efficient, or mix what YOU decide is fun for some slight loss in speed. However, they are not always mutually exclusive. Sometimes being 100% efficient IS the most fun.

Personally, I only solo graador to try and get a hilt/bcp/tassies for enjoyment. Its not efficient. My favorite bosses, DKS, TDS, and favorite monster, frosties, I hunt because I enjoy them, in part because of the massive ammounts of GP I can reap. I don't enjoy team GWD because its boring, inefficient, and getting no splits, or only a few m in a 4-5 hour trip SUCKS.

We factor in enjoyment, but when talking about pure efficiency, FUN ISN'T FACTORED IN. As a none scientific factor, which can't be either tested or qualified, FUN is personal, and subjective.

Anything you say to the contrary shows your continued tendency to troll, Hairy. What I've said has been stated and restated multiple times.

To burn 50k more logs would take me between 40-45 hours, IIRC. In that time I could have made over 150 MILLION. And gained other XP, and effigies, etc.

So you see, magic logs ARE more efficient, for some players.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

Guest jrhairychest

@Ampharos A good post and I agree with most of it. I would ask this though If the end goal is the same for two players, one does it fast and enjoys what they do, the other a slower method but also enjoys what they do, how do you compare either as being the best method if both players feel it is right for them?

@XPX You are very contradictory first stating efficiency is the fastest method, then youre stating its not always doing things the fastest method. Youre tying yourself up in knots on this. Youre also trying to factor in subjectivity with efficiency. The two dont necessarily marry. I could be do anything in the shortest possible time and achieve it, but, I can hate it. Im being efficient that way, but do not enjoy it. I dont play a game in order to hate it because guys like you tell me that it is how it should be played.

@Obtaurian you have stated If I choose to use Method A, I'll likely log off five minutes into it. Method B, however, is fun, so I'm far more likely to play for at least an hour. You wrote this correct? So whats this about I train all skills efficiently?

You also seem misinformed that I actually want efficiency information as a guide. Please do not flatter yourself, Id just like you to justify why you think you are efficient instead of continually claiming I am efficient cos I said so. Theres a difference. Ill find my own way of doing things.

Im sorry but I dont buy into your proposed earning. Youre basing this on getting Draconic visages at such a consistent drop rate. Now I know they arent the rarest drop but they arent as common as youre proposing. I sincerely doubt anyone would waste so much money on such a skill if that were true as theres better things to spend money on. Dont get me wrong, Im not skint myself but even if I did have a few bill in the bank I still wouldnt go by this method.

@Stonewall

The OP states about players using efficiency as excuses to slam players who arent considered efficient. So, we are factoring fun in, as its about the players right to play the game and be totally inefficient if they want.

At least you have the definition of subjectivity correct. If players had been more honest and posted why they were efficient then things would have been much more simple.

If you think Im trolling then please provide all the evidence and then report me for it instead of whinging about it and keeping on re-posting. If you dont like it thats your choice. Dont confuse disagreeing with you with trolling. Nobody is forcing you to read the thread or post on it, and if I want to disagree I will. Grow up.

I think you are trolling more by being an idiot, but I might be mistaken and you just are incapable of understanding. You've been given the benefit of the doubt long enough. You continue to confuse separate factors.

Multiple methods may be efficient. Chinning mummies in the CT isn't efficient, but ranging frosties or chinning monkeys are both efficient ways to directly train prayer, whilst TD'in yields range xp, whilst also yielding profit. All efficient, just different methods.

BTW: I trained 100% of the way from 75-99 FM with magic logs or Eucs, back when I was making less gp/hr.

Also, dks are INCREDIBLY consistent 4-4.5m gp/hr (depending on bones/hides/rings/axe GE price) with a guaranteed 1m+ gp/hr just in hides/bones. Frosties are always at least 3m gp/hr for me, even ranging. TD's I average 40+ kills/hr with claws being 1-325. So that is also around 3m gp/hr just in claws, ignoring charms, and effigies.

Herb runs, MTK, etc all boost GP gain as well.

As for where you trolled, once example is your continually asking for either proof, or guides, or examples, and when they are given, you laugh them off saying " I don't need those" ^san Obtaurian.

Stonewall337.png

@bladewing – So, 90% of the time the fastest way coincides with the efficient way. So this is not letting time dictate your game to get through it faster?

are you that incredibly thick

i said i like killing stuff fast

for something like firemaking i just do what's more efficient, since to me there is no difference in fun between burning a magic log or a maple log

i do what i do because i enjoy it. 90% of the time that happens to be the efficient way

my priorities:

1. fun

2. grinding out skills/quests to have more fun (like getting a skill up for a quest requirement for a quest reward for killing monsters)

fun dictates my gameplay first and foremost. sometimes time does factor in because, perhaps unlike you, i have commitments irl that prevent me from playing as much as i might otherwise want

@Ampharos – A good post and I agree with most of it. I would ask this though – If the end goal is the same for two players, one does it fast and enjoys what they do, the other a slower method but also enjoys what they do, how do you compare either as being ‘the best method’ if both players feel it is right for them?

Sorta, but what I was saying is that you can have the same goal in some aspects, but not all, which makes them different. For example a person who does all nats with 99 RC, and a person who does ZMI to 99 RC have different goals. The end goal may be to get 99, but the additional goals, such as making money, or faster xp, are factors that make each goal different. You can't say doing all Nats for more GP is inefficient compared to doing ZMI for faster XP since they both have separate goals in addition to 99.

Now, if you were to compare two players, who both want 99 and to make as much money getting 99 as possible. If one player does fire runes to 99, and does nature runes, the player doing fire runes would be inefficient in comparison to the person making nature runes. This is because getting as much GP as possible for 99 was his/her goal.

A person who does slayer for the maximum XP per hour, is not more efficient than a person who trains slayer for the maximum GP per hour, since the goal is different. The person who is trying to get the most GP per hour using slayer is less efficient than a person who is killing green dragons, because they both have the same goal. One person is using a slower method for that goal, so he/she is inefficient. If a person is training slayer for both GP and because they enjoy training slayer, they are not any more/less efficient than any of the above situations because none of them have the complete same goal.

Comparing someone who likes doing something and someone doing it to achieve a goal of speed or GP is like comparing apples and oranges. You can't compare them and cant say one is less/more efficient than the other.

@Ampharos – A good post and I agree with most of it. I would ask this though – If the end goal is the same for two players, one does it fast and enjoys what they do, the other a slower method but also enjoys what they do, how do you compare either as being ‘the best method’ if both players feel it is right for them?

Sorta, but what I was saying is that you can have the same goal in some aspects, but not all, which makes them different. For example a person who does all nats with 99 RC, and a person who does ZMI to 99 RC have different goals. The end goal may be to get 99, but the additional goals, such as making money, or faster xp, are factors that make each goal different. You can't say doing all Nats for more GP is inefficient compared to doing ZMI for faster XP since they both have separate goals in addition to 99.

Now, if you were to compare two players, who both want 99 and to make as much money getting 99 as possible. If one player does fire runes to 99, and does nature runes, the player doing fire runes would be inefficient in comparison to the person making nature runes. This is because getting as much GP as possible for 99 was his/her goal.

A person who does slayer for the maximum XP per hour, is not more efficient than a person who trains slayer for the maximum GP per hour, since the goal is different. The person who is trying to get the most GP per hour using slayer is less efficient than a person who is killing green dragons, because they both have the same goal. One person is using a slower method for that goal, so he/she is inefficient. If a person is training slayer for both GP and because they enjoy training slayer, they are not any more/less efficient than any of the above situations because none of them have the complete same goal.

Comparing someone who likes doing something and someone doing it to achieve a goal of speed or GP is like comparing apples and oranges. You can't compare them and cant say one is less/more efficient than the other.

You can say that RCing nats for 99 RC is inefficient though, if they are doing it for money. Purely speaking, ZMI to 99 RC and then money making is far more efficient then graakhing to 99 RC. But if you enjoy Rcing nats, then enjoyment takes over pure efficiency.

And yes, pure efficiency takes into account gp/xp/time. If it takes you 50 hours to get 99 RC ZMI, and you profit 1m, 70 hours to 99 graahking, and you profit 6m, then you can factor out which is more efficient, depending on your other top money makers. You can easily find out whether or not it is efficient. There is no possible way you can argue against that with any credibility. In this example, if you can make more then 7m in 20 hours, or 350k gp/hr, then ZMI would be the more efficient choice. NOTE: I DIDN'T FACTOR IN ENJOYMENT. THAT IS A PERSONAL CHOICE. You can chose to be less efficient if you want. My main caveat is:if you claim your way is better when its not (DFS v defender)

If you slay for money, you are being inefficient. However, when you factor in things like rank, (I slay after 99 for ranks), charms, combat xp, enjoyment, and slayer xp, then you aren't.

Stonewall337.png

You can say that RCing nats for 99 RC is inefficient though, if they are doing it for money. Purely speaking, ZMI to 99 RC and then money making is far more efficient then graakhing to 99 RC. But if you enjoy Rcing nats, then enjoyment takes over pure efficiency.

That depends on how much money you can make...

Though, considering nature rune prices :)

O.O

That depends on how much money you can make...

Though, considering nature rune prices :)

READ

And yes, pure efficiency takes into account gp/xp/time. If it takes you 50 hours to get 99 RC ZMI, and you profit 1m, 70 hours to 99 graahking, and you profit 6m, then you can factor out which is more efficient, depending on your other top money makers. You can easily find out whether or not it is efficient. There is no possible way you can argue against that with any credibility. In this example, if you can make more then 7m in 20 hours, or 350k gp/hr, then ZMI would be the more efficient choice. NOTE: I DIDN'T FACTOR IN ENJOYMENT. THAT IS A PERSONAL CHOICE. You can chose to be less efficient if you want. My main caveat is:if you claim your way is better when its not (DFS v defender)

Stonewall337.png

@Obtaurian you have stated ‘If I choose to use Method A, I'll likely log off five minutes into it. Method B, however, is fun, so I'm far more likely to play for at least an hour.’ You wrote this correct? So what’s this about ‘I train all skills efficiently’?

I'm not explaining this again. If you don't understand, that's a personal problem of yours, and I wish you luck in overcoming it.

You also seem misinformed that I actually want efficiency information as a guide. Please do not flatter yourself, I’d just like you to justify why you think you are efficient instead of continually claiming ‘I am efficient cos I said so’. There’s a difference. I’ll find my own way of doing things.

And how do I justify it? By providing examples, correct? An example would be a guide, essentially, hence why I have yet to give you more than a couple examples. Again, this seems to be more of a personal problem of yours than anything else.

I’m sorry but I don’t buy into your proposed earning. You’re basing this on getting Draconic visage’s at such a consistent drop rate. Now I know they aren’t the rarest drop but they aren’t as common as you’re proposing.

Lol, visages? No wonder you don't buy my proposed earning. Tormented demons drop claws extremely often, and I can kill around 40/h with a steel titan and overloads. DKs drop bones every kill and have very high drop rates for items, and I can kill a very large number per hour by 2.5 bridding with a cannon (I would make 1-2m on bones alone). The profit from frost dragons comes from the bones, not the visages; where have you been?

I sincerely doubt anyone would waste so much money on such a skill if that were true as there’s better things to spend money on.

You're clearly wrong, as both Bladewing and I have stated that we would spend that much money on a skill. Sorry. When you're maxed/near maxed, what more is there to spend money on? Surely spending 50M is better than just having 50M.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not skint myself but even if I did have a few bill in the bank I still wouldn’t go by this method.

Another personal problem of yours.

dgs5.jpg