Tip.It's Reverse Caption Contest! With prizes from Jagex! Winners TBA

:thumbsup: Tip.It is proud to present yet another contest with Official Jagex prizes! :thumbsup:

Contest Closed

Winners will be announced on a separate announcement within the next few days!

This time we have a familiar contest with a unique twist, we call it the:

Reverse Caption Contest

As the name implies, instead of providing you with a picture and receiving captions, we are going to provide you with a few captions and see what pictures you guys can find/make to match them. There will be 2 categories; Original (User made picture) & Unoriginal/manipulated (Found on Runescape/Internet). Each Category will have 2 winners with the following prizes:

Original (User made picture)

1st: Winner (3 Month Membership)

2nd: Runner Up (1 Month Membership)

Unoriginal/manipulated (Found on Runescape/Internet)

1st: Winner (3 Month Membership)

2nd: Runner Up (1 Month Membership)

There will be three captions for you to choose from, choose one to attach a picture to. Please note that each user can send in only one picture, either in the Original or Manipulated category.

To enter, please send your entry into OfficialContest via PM with the following information:

[b]Forum name:[/b]

[b]Picture:[/b]

[b]Category:[/b]

[b]Caption:[/b]

-----------------------------------------------

The captions are as follows:

•  
  • "How did that get there?"
  • "<Choose Name; Ex. Tony> had a different idea."
  • "And that's how you do it."

-----------------------------------------------

The forum rules apply to this contest and thus any inappropriate pictures are not welcomed.

Also note, the membership prizes will be added to the account via Jagex, so your personal information will NOT be needed (minus your rs user name!).

The Deadline for the contest is midnight GMT on Wednesday 27th October 2010, giving you a little over two weeks to enter! Again, only one entry allowed per user.

Feel free to ask any questions or discuss this content in this topic.

Have FUN!

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Draggle like look of

Draggle will participate

Draggle says thank you to Tip.It staff and Jagex staff for bringing good competition to us

Draggle says can has cookie nao?

(Talking in the third person is win) <3:

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

Triquos - There's no pressure to submit something ASAP :) Why not spend a few days thinking about it? While we won't totally limit ourselves to only funny pictures, humour is typically what people look for and enjoy in caption (or reverse caption) contests. But we will be looking for funny, clever and/or creative entries :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

The person who came up with the reverse caption idea and those captions must be a real genius!

Good luck to anybody entering, I hope you come up with some entertaining pictures.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I have a really good idea for the "and thats how its done" category but only tip.it folks who have spent some amount of time in general discussion would understand it, is it still game?

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

I have a really good idea for the "and thats how its done" category but only tip.it folks who have spent some amount of time in general discussion would understand it, is it still game?

I'm sure there will be at least one person judging that frequents General Discussion and will be able to explain it to any judges that don't get it. :)

I dont know how picky you guys are but ill ask just so i wont get disqualified...

Is it fine if i replace "and" with something like "Oh..." or "Yeah..." in the caption:

"and thats how its done" (oh... thats how its done) or (yeah... thats how its done)

Either way i can work with it, its just that "and" doesnt really give much to work with.

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

I dont know how picky you guys are but ill ask just so i wont get disqualified...

Is it fine if i replace "and" with something like "Oh..." or "Yeah..." in the caption:

"and thats how its done" (oh... thats how its done) or (yeah... thats how its done)

Either way i can work with it, its just that "and" doesnt really give much to work with.

As long as it doesn't completely change the meaning (which your examples don't), I think it should be fine :)

Is this restricted to Runescape screenshots/manipulations?

Nope, it can be RuneScape or non-RuneScape :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

What format can the picture be in, out of interest? Say, is GIF allowed?

GIF, JPG and PNG are all perfectly acceptable :)

Posted Image

Hey there :D a few more questions I have:

If I take a picture of somewhere in runescape and then put something in it via photoshop, is it considered manipulated or original? As it is sort of manipulated and original =l

Also are we allowed text in the picture?

Edit: Thanks for the quick reply :D I've sent my caption ^_^

Good luck everyone!

2vuhgcn.png

Hey there :D a few more questions I have:

If I take a picture of somewhere in runescape and then put something in it via photoshop, is it considered manipulated or original? As it is sort of manipulated and original =l

Also are we allowed text in the picture?

Manipulated :) An example of original would be a picture that you created/drew.

As for the second question, I think it's kind of hard to answer without context. I'd imagine that some text would be fine, as long as it's not the central part of the picture. You don't want the text to distract from the actual caption, as that's really supposed to be the main text associated with the picture. If you want to discuss this in more detail you're welcome to PM me :)

Posted Image

Am I allowed to add another line to one of the captions, or can I only use the caption in itself?

As far as I know, only the caption itself, otherwise the competition would get a little out of control with people basically creating their own caption and image. Don't take that as solid though, I expect an Admin will know for sure.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^