Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What's Your Favourite Book?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Harry Potter is definitely up on the list for me. Brings memories of when I was younger. :P (My first actual book that I read back when I was in Grade 5)

j0xPu5R.png

andufusthebronze
[ Display Name History ]

andufusthebronze

X-TET

• Members
  • 2,528 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
How to Kill a Mockingbird
The Black Magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan
The Great Gatsby
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hossieni
Posted Image

Crocefisso
[ Display Name History ]

Crocefisso

Il Barone

• Members
  • 1,718 posts
Sorry to break with the fantasy trend, but my favourite book is definitely 'Narrow Road to the Deep North' by Matsuo Basho.

I don't really have a favourite book when it comes to fiction.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

NZ_Dingo
[ Display Name History ]

NZ_Dingo

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:DIY Dingo
The Hunger Game series — Suzanne Collins.

Primarily the final book. The series as a whole was gripping I couldn't put the books down until I had read them all. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

His Dark Materials — Phillip Pullman;

I loved The Amber Spyglass most :D
I was in awe after I had first read that piece. The story was just... *speechless* <3: <3: <3: <3:

Deja Dead — Kathy Reichs;

Another book that I couldn't put down; the TV show (Bones) albeit amazing does not do it justice.

How To Kill A Mocking Bird — Harper Lee

Although I hated it at first; I grew to love it. Really good example of human nature.

1984 — George Orwell;

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
How could any not love this dystopian master piece? The origin of big brother and pretty much sums out a lot of our fears <3:

A Clockwork Orange — Anthony Burgess

Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well. To what do I owe the extreme pleasure of this surprising visit?

Needless to say I'm a sucker for dystopian novels :P
:cool:

unkn0wnwarrior
[ Display Name History ]

unkn0wnwarrior

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,855 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Dougymc
  • RSN2:Doug M
The Imponderables series by David Feldman. They have taught me a lot, and are (mostly) interesting.

Jonanananas
[ Display Name History ]

Jonanananas

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • RSN:Jonanananas
  • Clan:World60pengs

The Hunger Game series — Suzanne Collins.

Primarily the final book. The series as a whole was gripping I couldn't put the books down until I had read them all. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes!! Finally someone who also thinks the final book is the best! I was reading a bit through comments on the trailer for the movie and everyone seemed to think the third one was horrible <_<
I think Suzanne Collins has done an incredible job with describing katniss' psyche, much better than I would have expected to find in a youth fantasy novel.

I'm generally a sucker for Fantasy, Wheel of Time and A song of Ice and fire being my favourites(although I found the last volume to be a bit lacking)

Terry Pratchett is always awesome, and I've been reading some Stephen King too lately.

Favourite book of all times would be The Gathering Storm in the wheel of time series(although that obviously only works if you read the previous ones ;)). The scene of Rand on Dragonmount was so incredibly touching and gripping....

When I have to be honest, I have to say I never really was able to understand the popularity of Harry Potter for Adults and older adolescents - sure, they're good books, and I liked them a lot when I read them as a child too - but then again, they'r simply childrens' books, and both story and language reflect that. Nothing against that of course, I just never was able to really understand why so many people like it ;)

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,059 posts

How to Kill a Mockingbird

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

JeRambo
[ Display Name History ]

JeRambo

Cherremy

• Members
  • 2,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • Clan:Wicked Fury
If I remember correctly Favourite author is one of the possible questions for recovering an account. I just want to remind everyone of that..

That being said, I enjoy detective stories.. One I'm reading right now is called "Deception" by Randy Alcorn.
Posted Image
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."
"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
This is impossible for me, really. So many books have opened my mind to new ideas, a few are relics from my childhood, and others have entertained me beyond all belief. I'll make a list instead...here goes:

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway
The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway (this book has the most beautiful and sad ending to a novel I have ever encountered in my life)
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
East of Eden by John Steinbeck
The Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss (of whom my sister is good friends with, I have a 1st edition copy of Name of the Wind that is personally signed :shades:)
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
Notes from Underground by Fyodor Dostoevsky
La Nausee (Nausea) by Jean-Paul Sartre
The Great Shark Hunt a collection of Gonzo essays by Hunter S. Thompson (Especially "The Kentucky Derby is Decadent and Depraved")
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Dafoe
The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users