An Elitist's View on Crashing

TheAncient

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said this at least three or four times already, but boss rooms are public areas.

I agree and disagree with this.

I agree in the fact that slayer spots like gargs, demons, (who kills cave horrors anyway) or whatever that's not a boss is a public spot in a battle for resources/training spots. I pay the same price (probably less since i'm locked in at the old rate) - I'm spending my spare time like you - all else being equal it's a fair fierce competetion for resources - it's up to you if you want to move or not, I've played since 2001 before the make x macro's so what reduced xp is to me - it's not the same to you.

As far as bosses go - thats just a douche move. most (DK, GWD, divine shield guy) all of those require a substantial amount of money to gear up to fight and at that point, it becomes dishonorable to waste someone's time and money. Fighting for resources/spawns is fair game as those do not require brew/restores or an actual costly setup.

I think using the KBD is a poor example, as no one really farms it for money/drops and it's more of a "fun event" for friends - and in that case, you should switch servers or go train slayer or fish or mine because if you're so poor you're using KBD to make money...Ouch sucks to have your account.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

So there would be the same amount of people doing DG and bosses?

But then they wouldn't be occupying the load on the main server.

Realistically Jagex can't really make ten boss creatures right now without creating a bunch of new drops, or just giving all of them old drops

8f14270694.jpg

As far as bosses go - thats just a douche move. most (DK, GWD, divine shield guy) all of those require a substantial amount of money to gear up to fight and at that point, it becomes dishonorable to waste someone's time and money. Fighting for resources/spawns is fair game as those do not require brew/restores or an actual costly setup.

Aren't they then wasting your time and money by being in a spot you could easily occupy with inferior gear/stats/summons? What if you've looked for ages and couldn't find a world? If there are a fixed amount of bosses, and all of them are packed (which is often the case at Bandos), you have no choice. You said it yourself--it's a huge investment of time and money. If you choose to handicap yourself...great, fine. Would it be better if we didn't crash? Absolutely. Is it unfortunate? Yes. Do we have any other option? No. And who do we have to thank for that? Jagex.

So at the end of the day, if you get crashed, who should you really be mad at...?

hzvjpwS.gif

So there would be the same amount of people doing DG and bosses?

But then they wouldn't be occupying the load on the main server.

Realistically Jagex can't really make ten boss creatures right now without creating a bunch of new drops, or just giving all of them old drops

When I say new bosses, I mean completely new bosses. New drops, new boss mechanics... everything. Consider world 117: It's PACKED full of people dungeoneering. The server is so overloaded that it sometimes take three to five seconds for my clicks to register. I would really rather not have to purposely avoid LS worlds when I'm NOT boss hunting due to server lag.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Everybody does know that those spots are crowded, but not everybody knows that it is acceptable to take those spots from each other when they have raised to have manners

In some cases "manners" won't get you anywhere.

Some spots are crowded for a reason, because they are such good spots, if you just hopped everytime someone came youd spend 90% of your time hopping.

O.O

But then that's just an issue of how many servers they have.

What's your point?

That it would be pretty easy to fund more servers when you can fund an entire convention for free?

They would have to make a LOT more servers. While I'm sure they could afford it, they are a business and their goal is to make money. They're not going to take the expensive and more complicated approach.

dgs5.jpg

But then that's just an issue of how many servers they have.

What's your point?

It's general knowledge that when you have a crowded spot, increasing the number of servers would fix or alleviate the problem, however, who is going to pay for that...? Certainly not jagex, i believe. They've been going the opposite way in the last few years, as far as i know.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

So if we can't have instances, then at least we could increase the amount of the same type of bosses on each server, but just make them slightly different in appearance to each other so that we don't end dealing with really strange character cloning problems.

8f14270694.jpg

So if we can't have instances, then at least we could increase the amount of the same type of bosses on each server, but just make them slightly different in appearance to each other so that we don't end dealing with really strange character cloning problems.

You meen like a Graardor and a Graardorina? In the same room like barrows, or different rooms?

pere_grin.png

I mean that realistically, there would have been more than one front in the God Wars and it would not be entirely unreasonable to accidentally "discover" another similar location nearby.

As for story continuity we have shoved larger things under the rug before

I'm just wondering how we have so many paying players yet can't support their demand for boss punching

8f14270694.jpg

It comes back to my original suggestion: make new bosses. I mean, everyone likes new stuff, right? It would alleviate the situation, give us new toys to play with, and give us new ways to have fun playing Runescape. It just seems like a win/win situation to me.

dgs5.jpg

I'm just afraid of introducing more actual new toys into the environment in that quantity

Because then everybody would move onto that and fight for that instead

And then gwd would be empty as a casket in Morytania

(also, realistically they wouldn't be able to playtest and design that many new toys/entirely different bosses at rate that would meet demand)

8f14270694.jpg

I'm just afraid of introducing more actual new toys into the environment in that quantity

Exactly. That's the whole point of introducing new bosses -- to clear out the old ones.

(also, realistically they wouldn't be able to playtest and design that many new toys/entirely different bosses at rate that would meet demand)

Best case scenario: They've been working on new bosses for a while now. If not, they should start soon. I'd rather them be working on it than not working on it.

dgs5.jpg

But then we still have the same problem, since nobody will actually be at the older areas now that the newer areas are generating significantly more demand, and by that, more money.

Read what Squareroot just said: introducing new stuff wouldn't necessarily decrease demand for the old stuff. It just spreads the players around.

dgs5.jpg

Exactly. That's the whole point of introducing new bosses -- to clear out the old ones.

That's not solving anything either. Why would you push the agenda of new content as a solution to the problem when it clearly isn't? If your logic was completely true, then DKs would be deserted. But really, they're more popular than ever over time because of new mechanics that have made their drops extremely valuable. So what's to stop them from coming out with, say, a zarosian boss but a half a year later beefing up the armadyl armor set from Kreearra?

The truth of it all is there is no easy solution. The problem hinges on the fact that boss hunting is used to make money. If you can't fix that, there's no fixing the problem. And with how dependent the economy is on fast-moneymaking via killing high level/boss monsters, is there really any proper alternative for a game like RuneScape?

IF there was, they probably would've implemented it already. So really, aren't we just arguing in circles here?

hzvjpwS.gif

I meant that the new toys might accidentally (or intentionally) render the old toys obsolete.

Armors like Bandos and Armadyl can never be obsolete. Barrows has been around for YEARS and it's still going strong (barrows isn't a bad way for high levels to make money, incidentally). If less people are camping Graar and Kree, prices will balance out.

dgs5.jpg