Am I a Failed RS Player?

Maze

I kind of feel like I'm a failed RS player, because of my crappy stats and not having done many quests.

I don't know why, I just don't feel like training some skills.

I see these people walking around with quest capes and 120 Dungeoneering, and I envy their patience because I could never get those.

-----

Just look at my stats. Level 98 and some skills aren't even ranked. I feel like I'm a failed RS player.

I suppose I find those unranked skills pointless/unfun/tedious.

What do you think?

You don't fail until you aren't having fun.

All depends on why you play the game?

If you're playing to beat the other players out there yes your fail at the moment

If your playing because you enjoy the game then you can't fail at this game

Veni vidi vici

I came, I saw, I conquered

Current Username : Bludclart

Only if your idea of success in Runescape is based on your appearance to others. In a video game.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Consider yourself lucky, you still have plenty of quests to do and achieving your first 99 is lots of fun. As long as you aren't bored and have fun playing rs you'll get big eventually.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

You don't fail until you aren't having fun.

anyway they just have higher stats because they've put in more hours. mmos take time.

ye pretty much these two. I'm not playing right now because I don't have time/lost interest for the time being, but i have the stats i have because i put in the hours. go do something that you have fun doing, and if you want higher stats, figure out which skills you like, find the best (in regards to speed, cost, etc) way to get there in accordance to your preferences, and do it.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Can't really say you've failed because you aren't a generic high level monster huntertm. They might say you did but consider the source.

That made me lol. Actually.Also, I like the links in your siggy o.O

But, er, on topic, just have fun :)

Don't worry about far off high level goals. That makes pretty much everyone who isn't maxed total depressed.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

achieving your first 99 is lots of fun

I never understood that. My ninth 99 was my favorite.

I think the best thing for you would to be find something in the game you like - I started with runecrafting, and have since switched to dungeoneering - and get ahead of the curve. By this, I mean, be somebody who is very experienced, even maybe considered "pro" at it. Once you specialize in one thing, you'll find it easier to branch out and have fun in other aspects.

lalalasig2.png

Actually its funny i read this now because we just had a chat in the CC and someone said "(player's name) you are the type of person who does Slayer with a Godsword because @@@omfg high hits" and i actually said that those are the people who make this came suck.

Who gives a [bleep] what you choose to wear when you Slay, What you choose to wield.

Who cares what your Stats are. Dude, as long as you;re having a blast everytime you get onto RS you are a WIN!

Those people who have 200m in a skill, they are the failed RS players because chances are none of them enjoyed getting there.

Those people who have 200m in a skill, they are the failed RS players because chances are none of them enjoyed getting there.

But there's another thing. To have fun, you don't necessarily have to enjoy the process. I'm sure they'll all have fun gloating over their accomplishment and seeing their name immortalized forever on the highscores.

I did not enjoy getting 86 runecrafting for the Achievement Tasks. But do I enjoy that awesome taskmaster emote? Yes.

Took me what, 2.5 years for first 99, and I've gotten all mine since then 1.5 years ago. If its fun...

Thats why I don't train some skills as much as others. There is no reason for me so I don't train it.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

LOL

Yes, you are failed.

Lets be honest here.

Your account kinda sucks.

Jus' sayin'.

You want advice?

Suck less, train more.

You can train & have fun, just find ways to do both.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

LOL

Yes, you are failed.

Lets be honest here.

Jus' sayin'.

You want advice?

Suck less, train more.

Kind of true. Your stats aren't great. But that doesn't mean you've wasted your time, or that you are "worthless" at RS. You can always get better :P If its fun, play. Just try and do things the best way. I never understood why doing things in a sub-par manor was thought of as "fun"

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

Oh yeah i forgot. We all start playing RS and just happen to have great stats from the get go.

OP, my stats STINK. People give me hell about them each day. Do i care? No. They are the failed players being so petty. So, they have higher stats? Just means they clicked the mouse a few thousand more times than i have. If i fail at anything, its failing at having a stonger index finger than they do.

Anyway, as long as you have fun man. Games are meant to be that way.

I look at it this way. I play Halo online. My K/D ratio is like 1:3. It stinks, but i still love playing. My blood still rushed when i am on a 4 kill spree hiding in the hopes on getting that 5th kill. Am i a failed Halo player? No, i'm just not as good as others. But there are a lot that aren't even as good as me. Don't let a 14 year old brat make you feel like you fail at a game just because you aren't capable of staring at a screen for 10 hours.

LOL

Yes, you are failed.

Lets be honest here.

Jus' sayin'.

You want advice?

Suck less, train more.

Kind of true. Your stats aren't great. But that doesn't mean you've wasted your time, or that you are "worthless" at RS. You can always get better :P If its fun, play. Just try and do things the best way. I never understood why doing things in a sub-par manor was thought of as "fun"

^

Just because your stats aren't that good doesn't mean you're failed, you can always improve. It's not like you were going for a pure but leveled the wrong skill accidently; just train what you want to when you can, set some goals, and when you reach those set some new ones, and you'll be on your feet before you know it.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Oh yeah i forgot. We all start playing RS and just happen to have great stats from the get go.

OP, my stats STINK. People give me hell about them each day. Do i care? No. They are the failed players being so petty. So, they have higher stats? Just means they clicked the mouse a few thousand more times than i have. If i fail at anything, its failing at having a stonger index finger than they do.

Anyway, as long as you have fun man. Games are meant to be that way.

I look at it this way. I play Halo online. My K/D ratio is like 1:3. It stinks, but i still love playing. My blood still rushed when i am on a 4 kill spree hiding in the hopes on getting that 5th kill. Am i a failed Halo player? No, i'm just not as good as others. But there are a lot that aren't even as good as me. Don't let a 14 year old brat make you feel like you fail at a game just because you aren't capable of staring at a screen for 10 hours.

And these are the kind of people who call anyone higher level then them "no lifers". Hmm

Stonewall337.png

It all depends what you find fun in this game. If you have fun having lots of high skills and being high ranked, then you have failed. But if you have fun just running around doing whatever you only fail when you stop having fun. If you dont find fun at all in this game you also fail becasue you should not be playing it.

If you do play for highscore, dont give up. Get a few easier 99s and then work cbs up though slayer.

GL

user1-dark.png