Behind the Scenes - January

The Observer

it'll be slower training then like steel knives..

At 80 range with no other bonuses but the range strength from dragon stone bolts the max hit would be 254. Add void and extra levels on and you have some seriously fast training.

Who knows, maybe even a special attack?

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 80 range with no other bonuses but the range strength from dragon stone bolts the max hit would be 254. Add void and extra levels on and you have some seriously fast training.

No. Just no.

They said it would be the same speed as a chaotic bow, which is the same speed as other crossbows-- 4 speed (5 on rapid). That is too slow to be efficient for training.

td2sig.jpg

No. Just no.

They said it would be the same speed as a chaotic bow, which is the same speed as other crossbows-- 4 speed (5 on rapid). That is too slow to be efficient for training.

I completely disagree. I used to train with mithril bolts and a c'bow and got some decent experience. With such power and accuracy of course it will be efficient training.

GuidesForScapers.png

No. Just no.

I completely disagree. I used to train with mithril bolts and a c'bow and got some decent experience. With such power and accuracy of course it will be efficient training.

I trained with chins.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

No. Just no.

I trained with chins.

I train with MSB :thumbsup:

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

No. Just no.

So...since YOU trained with a crossbow, and not with Knives, you're right, and other people are wrong?

Sorry to tell you this, but the best range Xp comes from throwing Knives and Chinchompas...Crossbows do not compare in training, at all. Not even with Onyx bolts.

And do you honestly think a No-ammo bow isn't going to come with some other draw back? Perhaps it randomly destroys itself like the handcannon, perhaps it has charges and dissapears like Pvp items, perhaps it has the same style as Barrows and Chaotics, it lasts for a time, then needs to be recharged.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Guys don't go nuts over finding the next best efficient way to train. Any ranged weapon as powerful as D-Bolts and as fast as a C-Bow that takes no ammo to shoot should be a rangers dream. As long as the bow doesn't degrade I can see it as being the whip for Rangers.

So what if it isn't as quick to train with as Chins are. Range is underpowered in PvM and costs too much if you want to hit your max. Any range weapon that requires no ammo is welcome to me, especially if I don't have to pick up my arrows after each kill.

Stellactic.gif

No. Just no.

So...since YOU trained with a crossbow, and not with Knives, you're right, and other people are wrong?

Sorry to tell you this, but the best range Xp comes from throwing Knives and Chinchompas...Crossbows do not compare in training, at all. Not even with Onyx bolts.

And do you honestly think a No-ammo bow isn't going to come with some other draw back? Perhaps it randomly destroys itself like the handcannon, perhaps it has charges and dissapears like Pvp items, perhaps it has the same style as Barrows and Chaotics, it lasts for a time, then needs to be recharged.

I'm just gonna go ahead and ask you to quote me on where i said it would be the best or most efficient experience.

Cheers [bleep] head.

GuidesForScapers.png

Guys don't go nuts over finding the next best efficient way to train. Any ranged weapon as powerful as D-Bolts and as fast as a C-Bow that takes no ammo to shoot should be a rangers dream. As long as the bow doesn't degrade I can see it as being the whip for Rangers.

It's more like the Godsword for rangers

Looks great statwise, sounds good on paper, lots of pretty numbers...but it get's shafted by other weapons in almost every category

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Looks great statwise, sounds good on paper, lots of pretty numbers...but it get's shafted by other weapons in almost every category

So what was your max when you used the bow? Or have you not yet? Because you are speaking as if you have tried, tested and dismissed it.

GuidesForScapers.png

No. Just no.

I'm just gonna go ahead and ask you to quote me on where i said it would be the best or most efficient experience.

Cheers [bleep] head.

Lol you said, "With such power and accuracy of course it will be efficient training". Also why is it when someone disagrees with another poster they feel they must insult them?

jpegsigtest.jpg

Add void and extra levels on and you have some seriously fast training.Who knows, maybe even a special attack?

With such power and accuracy of course it will be efficient training.

It'll be neither fast, nor efficient training.

Ok, so you didn't outright say "best", you're still wrong though.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

No. Just no.

Cheers [bleep] head.

Lol you said, "With such power and accuracy of course it will be efficient training". Also why is it when someone disagrees with another poster they feel they must insult them?

And it undoubtedly will be, however at no point did i suggest it would be the best or better than the current winrars.

I insult people because it makes my peepee big.

@Above

I love how you speak as if what you say is in some way correct. You are guessing, just as i am. However my guesses are based on what has been said, not what i have assumed.

GuidesForScapers.png

So what was your max when you used the bow? Or have you not yet? Because you are speaking as if you have tried, tested and dismissed it.

541, assuming Tip.it's Ranged Max Hit calc is accurate.

10xy5fk.png

According to Jagex, the bow will be approx. as accurate as the Chaotic Cross bow, it will fire at the same speed, and the shots will have the same power to that of a dragon crossbow bolt.

We do not need the actual bow to be out, to know how well that is going to perform. Unless they change something with the bow before release...or did not describe it correctly, the new bow will not be efficient for training, casual monster killing, or bossing.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

And it undoubtedly will be, however at no point did i suggest it would be the best or better than the current winrars.

Efficient - "performing or functioning in the best possible manner with the least waste of time and effort"

You said efficient, by the very definition it is the best. So you did suggest it.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Efficient - "performing or functioning in the best possible manner with the least waste of time and effort"

You said efficient, by the very definition it is the best. So you did suggest it.

>Implying there can't be multiple levels of efficiency, e.g. darts being more efficient than a bow but less efficient than chinchompas.

GuidesForScapers.png

According to Jagex, the bow will be approx. as accurate as the Chaotic Cross bow, it will fire at the same speed, and the shots will have the same power to that of a dragon crossbow bolt.

We do not need the actual bow to be out, to know how well that is going to perform. Unless they change something with the bow before release...or did not describe it correctly, the new bow will not be efficient for training, casual monster killing, or bossing.

Why wouldn't it be good for bossing if it's got the same stats as the chaotic xbow? :unsure:

77yLQy8.png

>Implying there can't be multiple levels of efficiency, e.g. darts being more efficient than a bow but less efficient than chinchompas.

I didn't realise there were multiple levels of the best. By the way it is defined, although understandibly different considering the source, efficient means the best. That's it.

jpegsigtest.jpg

We don't have enough information about the bow to know if it'll be good for anything yet. It could degrade after 60 minutes of weilding and there be no way to repair it or it could last forever, we can't judge its usefulness on the information Jagex have provided us with.

Wait until it comes out, then we will see how useful it is. :P

10xy5fk.png

^Assuming it is 2h, which we don't know for sure yet. :P

Jagex described it as a Bow. And I honestly can't see them making it a crossbow. Knowing Jagex, and their absoulte love with the work they've done with dungeoneering and it's rewards....they WILL NOT (or at least try not to) make a bow that is better to use then the chaotic crossbow, especially if they require the same level.

As for your previous statement, all of my posts have been based in the mindset that this bow will not degrade...if it does degrade, that would make it even worse to use.

Based on the information Jagex has given us, this Bow would sort of be like...The Chaotic Longsword is to the Maul and rapier. Sure, it's great statwise, will have decent performance, but there's a better option in every thing you do with it.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

I didn't realise there were multiple levels of the best. By the way it is defined, although understandibly different considering the source, efficient means the best. That's it.

Depends on what the best is. I would rather pay out 100m to get the bow, get 99 range in a good time and resell the bow than to spend 30m and lose it to get 99 range quickly. Therefore, the best for me would be the bow, and therefore is more efficient.

Best = relative, what is most efficient for one player may be less so for another.

You forgot with least possible expense.

GuidesForScapers.png