Behind the Scenes - January

The Observer

Is anyone else wondering about the Zarosian minions we will have to kill? Or the killcount we will need to get into the room? Or his Lieutenants? Crazy :ohnoes:

I wouldn't be surprised if we needed 40kc of all the gods.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living rock caverns are dangerous, yet I've heard the rocktails are decent profit.

Please, PLEASE don't talk about things you don't know. I hate that.

I believe the "life point boosting armour" will work something like this;

it soak-absorbs damage and adds them onto life-points, similar to Guthan's set (randomly).

Back when the hitpoints update came around, they said they were going to work on armors with a permanent hitpoint boost, and that update made it possible. Kind of like sara brews and rocktails, but permanent as long as you're wearing the armor.

So I doubt it'll work like you say.

crossed_body.png

Is anyone else wondering about the Zarosian minions we will have to kill? Or the killcount we will need to get into the room? Or his Lieutenants? Crazy :ohnoes:

I wouldn't be surprised if we needed 40kc of all the gods.

I can see it happening but I hope not

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Sounds great. I won't be able to kill the boss though, I've always failed in the boss-killing department. I will have to wait for the armour to be available via the G.E. :-) I can't wait for the melee armour, by the looks of Torva armour, it's going to be fun to wear and use. Now to stop my buy offers in the G.E. for certain things <.<

2vuhgcn.png

Is this jagex trolling or something:

zaros is supposed to specialize in magic combat..

However this boss again drops no magic equipment?

Zaros specializes in Magic? Since when?

From what I got from the lores, the ancient magicks are more related to the Mahjarrat at large than Zaros. Azzanandra just gave us a Mahjarratian toy to play with.

Zaros has only been displayed as former ruler of Gielinor, commanding armies of Mahjarrat, Dragon riders and other nasties. Nowhere is it mentioned he was a magicks lover.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Thank God free trade is comming! Hahaha just kidding... :razz:

Hopefully the Santa I bought will be enough to trade for a piece of equipment. /hope

Double XP gloves and supers at AZ's... :twisted:

Hell yeah! lol.

I'm looking forward to January updates. Hate playing the wait game. :lol:

GWD will be packed lol.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Living rock caverns are dangerous, yet I've heard the rocktails are decent profit.

Please, PLEASE don't talk about things you don't know. I hate that.

I believe the "life point boosting armour" will work something like this;

it soak-absorbs damage and adds them onto life-points, similar to Guthan's set (randomly).

Back when the hitpoints update came around, they said they were going to work on armors with a permanent hitpoint boost, and that update made it possible. Kind of like sara brews and rocktails, but permanent as long as you're wearing the armor.

So I doubt it'll work like you say.

If that's the case then you're right, it'll be like say 1200/990 life and when you heal you can go back to 1200 I guess?

omg this month looks to be awesome.

(buys three months of membership)

the last update that made me buy membership was mobilizing armies, and we all know how much that failed. i got my fingers crossed this time. :thumbsup:

ASR_logo_white.png

wannarace.jpg

Wolf update is next I guess.

The chronology of release is the same as the order they're discussed in the BTS. So first Dwarves, then GWD update and final update of the month being the Hati wolf.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Wolf update is next I guess.

The chronology of release is the same as the order they're discussed in the BTS. So first Dwarves, then GWD update and final update of the month being the Hati wolf.

if the wolf will be gone after january, will it be in game for 1 or 2 weeks?

ASR_logo_white.png

wannarace.jpg

Also looking through the RSOF people are asking an interesting question -

Jagex as of yet have not specified what these COMBAT gloves will raise... Will it just be Melee, Range or Mage... or even Prayer or Summoning or HP? Each of these 5 items are all COMBAT stats.... Certainly with 10 hours of double exp in Summoning and prayer I'd be lapping it up as I could get a Yak with my charms (which atm get me 172k from 94), and then cutting price off prayer.

Guess they'll tell us when they're out which will issue forth numerous complaints about it?

What do you lot think?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Also looking through the RSOF people are asking an interesting question -

Jagex as of yet have not specified what these COMBAT gloves will raise... Will it just be Melee, Range or Mage... or even Prayer or Summoning or HP? Each of these 5 items are all COMBAT stats.... Certainly with 10 hours of double exp in Summoning and prayer I'd be lapping it up as I could get a Yak with my charms (which atm get me 172k from 94), and then cutting price off prayer.

Guess they'll tell us when they're out which will issue forth numerous complaints about it?

What do you lot think?

If they work similar to the bonus xp weekends the gilded alter would still be better than them. I'm just hoping they work with either mage or range. Those are my next two combat stats going to 99.

Jagex said bow and not crossbow.

So fellow chaotic crossbow owners, you don't need to fret, yet. If it IS a bow then it will be 2h, which significantly limits its usefulness.

hard to say, there are some places where shield doesnt matter as much (like pvp or dks)

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

After reading the entire thread, I only saw something mentioned once. Will it be untradable and what would the situation be in PvP? If overloads were too powerful, why can't this armour be? I think the biggest problem with it being untradable: is that fact that you will NEED to lootshare kill this monster and it can't be untradable and show up on LS. Kind of interested on the PvP restrictions though. This could be the update to get partyhats if you're looking for some btw.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Jagex said bow and not crossbow.

So fellow chaotic crossbow owners, you don't need to fret, yet. If it IS a bow then it will be 2h, which significantly limits its usefulness.

hard to say, there are some places where shield doesnt matter as much (like pvp or dks)

Shield definitely matters at DKs.

Although I do agree, 2h or 1h, it's still going to have potential. The question is, what's the catch? Chaotic Crossbow costs 100K+ per hour and bolts. Is the new weapon going to degrade, too? Or is it going to have some other downside?

shield doesnt matter "as much" = if the cost advantage is significant or if it has huge range i'd be very willing to give up 65 range defense. @dks

dragon, how do you know what kind of price itll have lol. we have no idea the rarity of these drops. also it doesnt sound like it's going to be categorically better than ccbow (you can get the same effect as this new item by just using cbow with expensive bolts) so i doubt itll have very high demand

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

shield doesnt matter "as much" = if the damage or cost advantage is significant or if it has huge range i'd be very willing to give up 65 range defense. @dks

dragon, how do you know what kind of price itll have lol. we have no idea the rarity of these drops.

Well, it's all speculation at this point. However, an unlimited ranged weapon without any strings (degradation, etc) will be in very, very high demand. Also, a boss that has 15 different moves? Sounds like this boss is going to usurp the Corp Beast as the toughest and most dangerous boss in the game. Therefore, unless its drops are DK-drop-rarity, they will be extremely valuable. If Jagex makes them sigil rarity (I really hope they don't, because it'd permanently put all these items out of reach of 95% of RS), the items will be hundreds of millions or even into the billions once free trade returns.

td2sig.jpg