Behind the Scenes - January

The Observer

This update is going to be the best ever. I get to see all the new, awesome and not at all overhyped items flood into a Market where merch clans are cool and don't manipulate the prices on any and Every new item to the point that they are unobtainable by the people that actually want to use them for their intended purpose. /sarcasm

Seriously though, if the drop rates for this boss are anything like Corp, then they may aswell make it drop noted buckets.

Sylpheed.png

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this boss cant have 2-3x as much hp as corp, its simply not possible

every 40 lp = 1 cb lvl for a monster and player alike, jagex said its lvl 900 something so its max hp would be 36k-40k hp, and even then it would be the stats of a lvl 1 monster with 40k hp, to have a practical boss it would be about 25k hp, this would contribute 625 levels of hp, then have about 300 defense, not impossibly high but fairly decent def, this makes it lvl 700. finaly ad about 250 lvls of offense between att str range mage, making up its 15 attacks and giving it a max of 700+ in any style

a_final_name.png

This update is going to be the best ever. I get to see all the new, awesome and not at all overhyped items flood into a Market where merch clans are cool and don't manipulate the prices on any and Every new item to the point that they are unobtainable by the people that actually want to use them for their intended purpose. /sarcasm

Seriously though, if the drop rates for this boss are anything like Corp, then they may aswell make it drop noted buckets.

The old world 2 fally, was actually much easier to obtain new items. Sure the prices were high, but they should be. But the reason it was better is because people can sell the new items to whoever they please, where as in the ge it just goes to the first person to put offers in which is almost always merchanters.

Almonds.png

every 40 lp = 1 cb lvl for a monster and player alike, jagex said its lvl 900 something so its max hp would be 36k-40k hp, and even then it would be the stats of a lvl 1 monster with 40k hp, to have a practical boss it would be about 25k hp, this would contribute 625 levels of hp, then have about 300 defense, not impossibly high but fairly decent def, this makes it lvl 700. finaly ad about 250 lvls of offense between att str range mage, making up its 15 attacks and giving it a max of 700+ in any style

*Boss loses 30K LP*

*Boss regains all LP and enters stage 2 of the fight*

*Boss loses another 30K LP*

*Boss regains all LP and enters stage 3 of the fight*

*Repeat for six stages, giving the boss 180K LP*

*Boss loses 30K LP*

yeah we really have no info on the boss. i don't think there's much of a point in speculating at this point

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

*Boss loses 30K LP*

yes it could have multiple forms to kill, but the boss itsself couldnt have 50-100k lifepoints like the previous mage feared

i personal hope it at least has something that heals it back half hp, or maybe one of those 15 attacks heals the damage it deals

a_final_name.png

*Boss loses 30K LP*

That would be epic. We need another multi-stage boss like the KQ :D

td2sig.jpg

So it's either going to be horribly overcrowded like most bosses now, hard enough that the amount of people able/willing to go are limited like Corp or instanced, which would be great, but I doubt they'll do that. Would be nice to go there and not be fighting with 30 other people over a single spawn for an extremely rare drop.

Thats part of the fun of PvM

Im totally with you on this one, what makes stuff like this fun is the glorious buffet of e-peen internet tough guy drama that spews out of these situations like ash from Krakatoa, spreading the hate all over everything.

Its marvelous and breathes life into my soul, and the only thing i can compare it to is watching Danny DeVito make passionate love to a ham sandwich. In that scenario instances are the lamesauce on the sandwich and the ham would be the people who want them.

Fools_Taco.png

So it's either going to be horribly overcrowded like most bosses now, hard enough that the amount of people able/willing to go are limited like Corp or instanced, which would be great, but I doubt they'll do that. Would be nice to go there and not be fighting with 30 other people over a single spawn for an extremely rare drop.

Thats part of the fun of PvM

Im totally with you on this one, what makes stuff like this fun is the glorious buffet of epeen internet tough guy drama that spews out of these situations like ash from Krakatoa, spreading the hate all over everything.

Its marvelous and breaths life into my soul, and the only thing i can compare it to is watching Danny devito make passionate love to a ham sandwich.

Instances in mmorpgs are lamesauce.

I bet you are one of those trolls who crashes somebody and then spews bile like "umadbro" and "hilt ololololol."

Competition at bosses is misery.

td2sig.jpg

Who said Nex was going to be level 900ish?

On the topic of the Hati wolf, if you spoke to any freminniks at the Heimland games, they told you about their troubles at home with a wolf terrorising their village. :P

mod chris L did

and I think the Hati wolf is just Jagex's way of getting newbies up to speed on runescape combat (since that's a huge amount of the content in runescape, especially with dungeoneering + the incoming frozen door update now)

sorta like cataclysm with WOW and big bang for maple story.

Naaxi.png

MMORPGs are supposed to be competitive, if they weren't, you might as well be playing a single-player game.

There's PvM and there's PvP. In PvP, I agree, it's supposed to be competitive. But in PvM, I think a lot of players prefer cooperation over competition. Yet in Runescape, it's competition all the way through. In fact, I'd go as far as to say PvM has become more competitive than PvP - I can honestly say I've seen more respect and friendliness in PvP worlds from an opponent than from other people I've encountered at various boss areas.

Who said Nex was going to be level 900ish?

On the topic of the Hati wolf, if you spoke to any freminniks at the Heimland games, they told you about their troubles at home with a wolf terrorising their village. :P

mod chris L did

and I think the Hati wolf is just Jagex's way of getting newbies up to speed on runescape combat (since that's a huge amount of the content in runescape, especially with dungeoneering + the incoming frozen door update now)

sorta like cataclysm with WOW and big bang for maple story.

link/pic/qfc?

10xy5fk.png

Yeah if I had more foresight I would've bought more brews, they were going for min a day before BTS.

Ourg bones and torstol will be a long-term merch. Hopefully new boss will drive them up.

Rocktail was just a short flip. They're doing nicely atm. about 5-6m profit

f5855ec75e206d0275ccff11ee83b5ba.png

31752617.png

Lawl sorry chaotic cross bow buyers.

It's a bow, therefore it's 2h. Also, the pricetag on it will likely require a LOT more work than just getting 2m DG exp.

Dstone bolts... 99 Range would take minutes with that kind of power and accuracy.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

it'll be slower training then like steel knives..

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png