Behind the Scenes - January

The Observer

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would make sense if Nex would hurt you even more (just like Zanik's Crossbow spec) if you wore any god-related armor (since they all imprisoned him and all)...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

US: OH LETS HELP AZZANDRA BRING ZAROS BACK!

-6 months later-

US: OH [cabbage] A ZAROS GENERAL! WE NEED TO GO KILL HIM! HE IS THE ENEMY!

wat jagex.

Our character is the most fickle being in the universe.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

-6 months later-

wat jagex.

Our character is the most fickle being in the universe.

its poor writing tbh. Realistically the first thing you'd do is run and tell azzandra that you've found a frozen army of zaros...

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Sounds like a good month. I probably wont get the new armor for a year or two though all depending on how the boss works.

The Hati Wolf Holiday Event sounds pretty cool. They weren't very clear on if multiple gloves were possible or not though. I always support new quests so looking forward to that. I just wish they would release the new dwarves though. The old ones just look so... eww.

Everyone is saying 40 kc from each boss to get in. While that is a possibility has anybody thought they may introduce some new monsters behind that door instead of just a boss room? If jagex wants to make this boss hard those monsters may also be a little bit harder than 40 goblins or 40 imps or 40 level 78 aviansies or 40 spiritual knights. I know those aren't the only things you can kill for killcount but come on everyone does. With the exception of maybe spiritual mages for saradomin which still are easy.

I hope Nex uses soul split throughout, or when he's at low health or something. Or flashing it with a deflect :). That'd mean you may need KO power in pvm (something otherwise only seen in FFA GWD or perhaps Jad w/ claws), if Nex would otherwise heal up from low healths pretty often.

Like, claw speccing before he starts ssing.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

since the hati gloves apparently work for all "combat" things-- I'd assume that includes 2x chin and barrage xp. but I wonder if that includes summoning and prayer-related training activities. they're both combat skills, though you don't really train them while actually in combat :huh:

as far as nex goes, assuming his drops are tradeable (lol), all I ask is that the GE prices for it are set somewhat accurately (assuming it'll be a while before price ceilings/floors are removed). nothing sucked more than getting 3 pairs of claws when TDs came out but the GE said they were 120k, while people were offering 50M+ and I didn't have any junk :wall:

77yLQy8.png

-6 months later-

wat jagex.

This.

I'm so pissed off that I don't have a reliable computer/I'm not P2P. <_< I'm stoked for Nex. For everyone complaining about him not dropping a magic weapon -- ranged is the current underdog of the triangle (in PVP), so I'm not too concerned about that. I hope he requires more than one combat style to kill, though, and I hope one of those styles is magic. It'd be a great change of pace to actually need Ahrim's at a boss.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Meh, I quit combat when I decided to work on my skills and don't see myself returning to combat for these armours/weapon. If I was poor I would camp the new boss just for some good and easy cash while everyone is inflating the prices of the new items. Of course it depends on the overall stats and everything but I could honestly seeing this armour starting at 50m+ a piece outside of the GE, heck.. maybe more.

The rest of the updates don't really interest me.

2ntz0y9.png

Keep in mind that ancient staves are considered Zaros items (I would HOPE), and if magic is a viable way of getting KC in the new area, then crisis averted

With all the strength boosting crap that exists, just using an ancient staff as a melee weapon would still be probably as viable if not moreso than maging. :mellow:

td2sig.jpg

Not sure if this has been discussed...but what's going to happen to Bandos after it comes out? Right now it's plummeted hard, will it stay around this level, crash more, or rise back up? I'm mainly asking or my own information, not some huge discussion.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

On the day of realise many people who corp might hop to nex, 4 itemising because of lack info of his attacks and potential high ko power.

However if it's easy to get your items back, this is not the case. People will take best items just like for Corp.

Bandos is for easy 1-2m per hour, nex is the new impossible to solo boss. People who Corp will hop to nex. People who bandos probably will stay at bandos. Simple.

But.. Ofcourse it depends. We will see how hard it is to obtain the new items and if bandos armour will crash. Probably the new armour won't give str because it already gives an epic lp bonus..

But who knows.. Let's wait two weeks.

Not sure if this has been discussed...but what's going to happen to Bandos after it comes out? Right now it's plummeted hard, will it stay around this level, crash more, or rise back up? I'm mainly asking or my own information, not some huge discussion.

My guess is bandos will continue falling until the next week, probably Tuesday, when it will recover. Then by the third week (when the boss is actually released), it will drop again.

Look, all I know is this will probably up the profit I'm making from farming snapdragons. Oh and I'm always open to new quests :thumbup:

Nice mentality there.

Hooray capitalism!

Keep in mind that ancient staves are considered Zaros items (I would HOPE), and if magic is a viable way of getting KC in the new area, then crisis averted

With all the strength boosting crap that exists, just using an ancient staff as a melee weapon would still be probably as viable if not moreso than maging. :mellow:

Back when it was all about godswords, punching goblins/imps were the fastest ways to get KC.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I just thought of something related to Nex. What if Jagex gave him some of the other Zaros-related powers that adventurer's have access to? Ice / Blood / Smoke / Shadow / Miasmic spells give him quite a bit to work with. Then, let's bring on the curses. He can now leech all your melee stats, your run energy, and your special attack, and can also drain your prayer while healing. What's more, if Jagex wants players to stop "Zerging" bosses on the first day (Exhibit 1: 500 people suicide rushing the Corporeal Beast until it's dead), they could give Nex a modified Turmoil - raises based on people in the room, with a much higher cap. When you have too many people in the room, Nex simply has so much defense that he's essentially invincible and so much attack and strength that he one-shots people left and right.

Would make for one deadly boss...

I just thought of something related to Nex. What if Jagex gave him some of the other Zaros-related powers that adventurer's have access to? Ice / Blood / Smoke / Shadow / Miasmic spells give him quite a bit to work with. Then, let's bring on the curses. He can now leech all your melee stats, your run energy, and your special attack, and can also drain your prayer while healing. What's more, if Jagex wants players to stop "Zerging" bosses on the first day (Exhibit 1: 500 people suicide rushing the Corporeal Beast until it's dead), they could give Nex a modified Turmoil - raises based on people in the room, with a much higher cap. When you have too many people in the room, Nex simply has so much defense that he's essentially invincible and so much attack and strength that he one-shots people left and right.

Would make for one deadly boss...

I would love this.