Behind the Scenes - January

The Observer

shield doesnt matter "as much" = if the cost advantage is significant or if it has huge range i'd be very willing to give up 65 range defense. @dks

dragon, how do you know what kind of price itll have lol. we have no idea the rarity of these drops. also it doesnt sound like it's going to be categorically better than ccbow (you can get the same effect as this new item by just using cbow with expensive bolts) so i doubt itll have very high demand

With 13 drops confirmed, the drops will be pretty common compared to other bosses. However, I think the challenge is Kills per hour. If you can't kill many per hour, the common drops make up for it and possibly make the drops equal to that of Bandos. There are plenty of maxed out characters who will crowd every single members world when this comes out. Don't expect anything to be 500M tbh. If they have that kind of money in GP, they'll be at the dungeon. I could see the bow going for a solid 100M for quite some time; and the armour, except to pay 250M+.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my hope is that the armor will be somewhat common (in the 100-200m range). combat's main issue nowadays is overpowered weapons so we need LP-raising items to be common.

then again we really can only speculate.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

shield doesnt matter "as much" = if the cost advantage is significant or if it has huge range i'd be very willing to give up 65 range defense. @dks

dragon, how do you know what kind of price itll have lol. we have no idea the rarity of these drops. also it doesnt sound like it's going to be categorically better than ccbow (you can get the same effect as this new item by just using cbow with expensive bolts) so i doubt itll have very high demand

Divine_spirit_shield_detail.png

It's a lot more than 65 range defense IMO. Last I checked, the most profitable method of DKing involved tanking all 3 Kings at once so you can kill them as fast as possible. It'll be much harder to do so without a shield.

With 13 drops confirmed, the drops will be pretty common compared to other bosses. However, I think the challenge is Kills per hour. If you can't kill many per hour, the common drops make up for it and possibly make the drops equal to that of Bandos. There are plenty of maxed out characters who will crowd every single members world when this comes out. Don't expect anything to be 500M tbh. If they have that kind of money in GP, they'll be at the dungeon. I could see the bow going for a solid 100M for quite some time; and the armour, except to pay 250M+.

This is the other reason I am really disappointed with the way Jagex has approached this. A new boss with only one spawn per world, without the requirement of a difficult quest to complete to access it like the Corp Beast. Thanks to the stupid [bleep]ing exp weekends, all the fierce competition of Bandos, Sara, and Corp Beast will flood to that single boss, making it a Sisyphean task to get any kills. Hell, I doubt anybody will really figure out how the boss works for a week or two after it comes out because with dozens of maxed players with OVL in each world speccing it as soon as it spawns, it will die within seconds.

td2sig.jpg

Divine_spirit_shield_detail.png

It's a lot more than 65 range defense IMO. Last I checked, the most profitable method of DKing involved tanking all 3 Kings at once so you can kill them as fast as possible. It'll be much harder to do so without a shield.

lol that method is pretty fail. the only time you'd have to tank all 3 kings is if you can't kill supreme fast enough or if you use barrage, which is too expensive to be practical.

i get 110kph with cannon off task. that requires me to use no bow whatsoever.

the only time you would use a bow is tribing non-cannon, which i also do. 75 kph over 7 overloads. food is basically a non issue (10 brews can last me the whole ~2.5 hours).

plus faster and smoother prime kills mean more opportunity to pray range against supreme and ss against rex. this leads to siginficantly more healing over time than some petty 65 ranged defense, or even a divine; when youre ranging prime you should only have spinlopys on you. saying that you need a div or even a cks to prevent damage is like saying you need a primal2h to kill a bat

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Well, it's all speculation at this point. However, an unlimited ranged weapon without any strings (degradation, etc) will be in very, very high demand. Also, a boss that has 15 different moves? Sounds like this boss is going to usurp the Corp Beast as the toughest and most dangerous boss in the game. Therefore, unless its drops are DK-drop-rarity, they will be extremely valuable. If Jagex makes them sigil rarity (I really hope they don't, because it'd permanently put all these items out of reach of 95% of RS), the items will be hundreds of millions or even into the billions once free trade returns.

Divines are obviously in high demand, and corp is hard to kill, so that must be the reason why they're 1b+ street right? Not really. Divine and elysian sigils have a ridiculously low droprate for how hard the corp is. Like 1 in 2000 or something crazy like that.

If the droprates on this new boss are anything like the other GWD generals the new items shouldn't be too terribly expensive once a lot of them have come into the game. At least I hope Jagex dosen't make the droprate stupidly low as with the corp...

just to put things in perspective:

bandos and arma equipment is about a 1 in 150 drop per item

divine sigil and elysian sigil are about 1 in 2000-5000

sigcopyaf.png

The drops need to be more common than other GWD drops because the boss will no doubt be much, much harder. A 1/150 drop from something that takes five minutes to kill is a HELLUVA lot rarer than a 1/150 drop from something that yields one kill every one and a half minutes (with 95% of that time coming from respawn waits).

td2sig.jpg

Sweet, more great items that are going to be pounced on by Merchants. Who knows, maybe there'll be an added bonus of being nearly unobtainable. Anyways, this month looks pretty good.

Pretty much done with rs now

This is the other reason I am really disappointed with the way Jagex has approached this. A new boss with only one spawn per world, without the requirement of a difficult quest to complete to access it like the Corp Beast. Thanks to the stupid [bleep]ing exp weekends, all the fierce competition of Bandos, Sara, and Corp Beast will flood to that single boss, making it a Sisyphean task to get any kills. Hell, I doubt anybody will really figure out how the boss works for a week or two after it comes out because with dozens of maxed players with OVL in each world speccing it as soon as it spawns, it will die within seconds.

I really, REALLY hope its instanced. Wonder if there'll be a DG req? If it's instanced, Jagex can prevent it from being so flooded the boss gets raped, and also make it so people can actually kill it. Hopefully they've learned their lesson with bandos. Hardest boss in the game just because its so crowded with 138s with overloads and chaotics imo.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Look at the dragon defender update. Do you think Jagex has learned their lesson about instanced monsters?

Lolno.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

The drops need to be more common than other GWD drops because the boss will no doubt be much, much harder. A 1/150 drop from something that takes five minutes to kill is a HELLUVA lot rarer than a 1/150 drop from something that yields one kill every one and a half minutes (with 95% of that time coming from respawn waits).

Like RSW44 said, there are 13 confirmed drops. Even if each one has a 1/250 drop rate, isn't that the same as 1/20 chance to get an item? That's really high even if it's like 2 kills per hour.

I really, REALLY hope its instanced. Wonder if there'll be a DG req? If it's instanced, Jagex can prevent it from being so flooded the boss gets raped, and also make it so people can actually kill it. Hopefully they've learned their lesson with bandos. Hardest boss in the game just because its so crowded with 138s with overloads and chaotics imo.

Hah, Jagex learn their lesson? Pfffffffffffffffft. When have they EVER displayed that they learned from their mistakes? They ENDORSE unhealthy competition between players. No, I highly doubt Jagex will make it instanced. In fact, I'd put real life money that they don't.

td2sig.jpg

After reading the entire thread, I only saw something mentioned once. Will it be untradable and what would the situation be in PvP? If overloads were too powerful, why can't this armour be? I think the biggest problem with it being untradable: is that fact that you will NEED to lootshare kill this monster and it can't be untradable and show up on LS. Kind of interested on the PvP restrictions though. This could be the update to get partyhats if you're looking for some btw.

Charms get lootshared though, and they're untradeable.

I'm looking forward to the quest and the wolf. I'll kill him many times before the end of the month to stockpile some gloves.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Like RSW44 said, there are 13 confirmed drops. Even if each one has a 1/250 drop rate, isn't that the same as 1/20 chance to get an item? That's really high even if it's like 2 kills per hour.

No, that's a 1/250 chance to get ONE of the thirteen items. Just because there are more items to get as drops doesn't increase or decrease the rarity of them.

td2sig.jpg

Defeating RuneScapes most powerful and intelligent boss to date wont be easy, with its arsenal of over 15 unique combat moves, each designed to test even the most powerful of players. Youre going to need help from your clan or some friends to take it down, but huge riches await those who succeed:

* Brand new level 80 armour for rangers, mages and warriors with the best defensive statistics available to date.

* A brand new super powerful ammo-free bow.

* Brand new cosmetic robes.

To me this sounds more corp-like than a GWD boss.

After reading the entire thread, I only saw something mentioned once. Will it be untradable and what would the situation be in PvP? If overloads were too powerful, why can't this armour be? I think the biggest problem with it being untradable: is that fact that you will NEED to lootshare kill this monster and it can't be untradable and show up on LS. Kind of interested on the PvP restrictions though. This could be the update to get partyhats if you're looking for some btw.

I'm looking forward to the quest and the wolf. I'll kill him many times before the end of the month to stockpile some gloves.

Thats what I was thinking too, while everyone is focused on this Zaros boss I want to stockpile as many gloves as I can for slayer. The dwarf quest looks fun too, I hope it has some nice requirements. Remember the first quest of the year last year? They tend to like starting off with a bang.

Making this untradeable would be a double edged sword. After everyone had gotten all the items and placeholders for the the boss would be empty. It's better to encourage competition, it's part of what boss hunting is all about. Lower levels win too because now they can go to bandos while the maxed players move on.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

No, that's a 1/250 chance to get ONE of the thirteen items. Just because there are more items to get as drops doesn't increase or decrease the rarity of them.

Oh, sorry. Thought you meant 1/250 per each item, not for an item in general.

But it increases the likelihood of getting A drop on any given kill.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Thats what I was thinking too, while everyone is focused on this Zaros boss I want to stockpile as many gloves as I can for slayer. The dwarf quest looks fun too, I hope it has some nice requirements. Remember the first quest of the year last year? They tend to like starting off with a bang.

Making this untradeable would be a double edged sword. After everyone had gotten all the items and placeholders for the the boss would be empty. It's better to encourage competition, it's part of what boss hunting is all about. Lower levels win too because now they can go to bandos while the maxed players move on.

IMO the best way to do it is to make some tradable drops and some untradable drops. For example, how awesome would it have been to make all the GWD armor and secondary weapons (so Arma, Bandos, ZS and SS) tradable, but then make godsword shards and hilts untradable? Then owning a godsword would have been an awesome accomplishment, but there would still be a reason to keep going even after completing all four godswords.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I wish the update came next week instead of in two weeks >_>

I want to kill it now!

I want to know about it now, lol. I don't see myself going there and fighting for scraps against 50 other level 135+ for a while, but I still want to know about it. My college starts up again the 10th, which is the week this will come out :c

td2sig.jpg

I wish the update came next week instead of in two weeks >_>

I want to kill it now!

I want to know about it now, lol. I don't see myself going there and fighting for scraps against 50 other level 135+ for a while, but I still want to know about it. My college starts up again the 10th, which is the week this will come out :c

Luckily corp teams will convert there, I have around 7 people that will go from corp so that'll be good with lootshare, shame I'll be starting on 0 lsp :(

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

The best solution to the overcrowding is to make it CC-instanced. That is, everyone ranked (at least Friend) in a specific CC will have their own spawn. Then teams won't have to battle each other, the boss itself won't get obliterated by zerg rushing it en masse, and it promotes comradery rather than promoting being a cut-throat [wagon]. The community as a whole benefits from instanced team bosses, whereas the way Jagex has formatted bosses in the past fractures the community.

td2sig.jpg